Cant get silver on senna brands hatch!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 105 comments
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
Is there a way to make this easier??? i am having trouble getting within 4 seconds of silver after about 30 mins of trying. im not very good at this, but i really want this! can anyone help?

I initially had that issue. I got Silver on my 4th attempt after getting brave on the throttle and realising I could take Turn 3 flat-out. Lap 3 and 4 both dropped my time by 2s.

You need to take advantage of the kerbs on the inside of the corners on the GP section. If you turn-in too late you push wide and obviously cannot get on the power as early.

I haven't done it yet, sorry. However, the approach for Brands Hatch, as others said, has to be aggressive, late braking, late apexes, hard turn-in and following the precise racing line for each corner.

the thing that im finding most anoying though is that i got silver at monza on my first go! brands hatch is so anoying!

and yes im REALLY crap

Not trying to offend at all, but to get a silver or gold time in this car you do need to work on your driving. To get a halfway decent time on Brands out of the Lotus you need to;

• Keep the revs in the mid range in corners - A good example, in turn 2/Druids, a good exit and launch into Graham Hill Bend at the bottom of the hill is crucial, but dropping into 2nd gear leaves the car in the peaky rev range and more prone to wheelspin on exit. Keeping the car in 3rd means that at the apex speed you're in a decent part of the rev range and the turbo lag means that when you do get on the throttle there is enough of a gap between gaining speed and REALLY gaining speed that you lessen the wheelspin.
  • Don't underestimate the cornering ability - the Lotus is a little bit clumsy at slow speed in it's Senna Time Trial setup, but that fades away as the downforce builds up. Graham Hill Bend is a full throttle bend, Hawthorns can be taken at 125mph+, and if you're smooth enough and work out the best turn-in points, Westfield and Dingle Dell/Sheene curves are 90+mph too.
  • Brakes - Remember you can't dive into every corner, it upsets the car and with 1000 turbo-laggy horsepowers behind you, upsetting the car's balance is not what you want to do. Surtees is the best example. It's a very long corner that comes right after you've hit 180mph+ on the short straight after Graham Hill Bend. I brake before the first brake marker on the right hand side, where in other cars I might trail brake much later into the corner. The Lotus doesn't like that and you then waste time wrestling the car rather than hitting an earlier apex and getting it straightened up and on full throttle. The faster you are out of this corner, the faster you are down the hill and the more downforce you carry when turning into Hawthorns etc etc. It's a chain reaction.
  • Concentrate on the slow corners first - That is where most of your time is hiding, especially in a turbo car like this. There's a lot to be found in the faster stuff as well, but that's more easily attained than the time you can find in Druids, Surtees, Stirlings and even Clark Curve.
Brands_Hatch.svg

i had it on auto and TCS set to 6. took me a dozen tries but i eventually got silver. dont think ill be going for gold any time soon.

Paddock Hill - Position the car in the middle of the track and brake down to around 115-120 mph and downshift to 4th gear (tried 3rd at first, but I think 4th works better here), coast through, half throttle from the apex until you straighten out the car and full throttle just before you hit the exit curbs.
Druids - Brake just before the shadow that crosses the track, down to 2nd and hold halfish throttle through the corner trying to keep as tight a line as possible. Tighten your exit to set yourself up for G.Hill.
Graham Hill Bend - Don't lift. Power through.
Surtees - Brake down to 3rd gear and start your entry into the corner into the middle of the track, tightening your line to take a late apex and then open things up for the exit. Full throttle as soon as the car is straight.
Hawthorn - Brake and downshift to 4th, coast for a second or so and then immediately full throttle about half way through the corner. Your speed shouldn't drop below 135-140 mph in this corner. The downforce will keep the car planted on exit.
Westfield - Another 4th gear corner. Brake exactly halfway between the two white braking signs, half throttle as you run your inside wheel over the curbs and then immedaite full power as you come off the curb. This is another corner where the downforce will help with your exit if you commit.
Sheene's - Another 4th gear corner. Just brake hard starting about halfway between the two white markers, turn in and ease in the throttle as you straighten the car on exit.
Stirling's - Brake down to third at the last white braking sign, run the car at about 80% throttle through the corner, full throttle as you straighten the car out. Important to kiss the inside curbs with an early apex.
Clearways/Clark - Brake at the end of the shadow, down to third and let the car run to the apex with minimal throttle imput, then full throttle. The front will get light, but that's ok, you can control it. Don't get lazy and keep steering the car through the curved straight.

Last edited:
This one can be a bit of a nailbiter with a DS3.

I didn't do it easily, for sure. The key is relax, really. Brands is an incredibly uncomfortable track using the setup PD provides you with. (it's the most dog-awful driving thing I've had to deal with in GT, it gives me nightmares of NFS shift with just how weirdly it handles.)

Once you get a feel for the car and track, just try to optimize your braking points, you lose a lot of speed on the second corner if you don't get it perfect.

This is getting to be GT5 X1 challenge hard.......that's no good.
Also: NEVER TURN OFF TRACTION CONTROL!!!!

Last edited:
The biggest thing for me to remember at Brands Hatch is that you have to dive into the corners deep before turning. With the exception of the hairpin and the corner immediately after it, they're pretty much all late apexes. Also, slow in, fast out; don't try to carry a bunch of speed on corner entry.

^ This. Brake late and brake hard, don't turn it too soon.

This is getting to be GT5 X1 challenge hard.......that's no good.
Also: NEVER TURN OFF TRACTION CONTROL!!!!

Actually, turn off traction control. It's much better to use the active steering assist because it doesn't strip your car of power. When the back kicks out it will countersteer to correct it.

^ This. Brake late and brake hard, don't turn it too soon.

Actually, turn off traction control. It's much better to use the active steering assist because it doesn't strip your car of power. When the back kicks out it will countersteer to correct it.
OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!! i just turned on active steering and what felt like a bad lap was still 2 seconds faster than my record!! thank you so much!

I think the problem with these kinds of threads is that everyone drives diffentaly, has a diffrent approach so help and advice can be contradictory or not very useful, but I'll put in my own experience in an effort to give some clue to those still struggling.

My best time so far is a 1:07.385 I'm only .250 off (or there abouts gold), I've been working on it for about a day or so and here is how I've managed to improve from my original time of a 1:10.xx. For the record I'm using a DS3.

First off learning the track, it's the biggest and hardest part, I use the racing line as I feel that it's the quickest way to learn, I use the suggested breaking areas and other on track things as refrence points and the just see how far I can push it.

With this car I found that I lost the most time in the slow right hander of T2 so I put TC to 1.

Then I just practiced, you should see an over all improvement on your times the more times you do it, sure it's not going to be faster everytime but over the course of an hour or so I went from 5-6 seconds off gold to 7tenths.

The biggest key is that once you stop improving, take a break and do something else!

I had a quick blast this morning before work and managed to shave over half a second of my previous best, I'm almost to gold... Which should highlight that it's not that difficult, it just requires work and practice :)

Today I've just started playing senna's time trials just 2 hours ago and now i'm having a hard time getting gold at the last race i'm only around 1.08.XXX and i'm using TC:0, manual and abs:1.

Latest Posts

Back