Cant get silver on senna brands hatch!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 105 comments
10349066_10152148447016009_8788126383838432152_n.jpg

Finally golded it after getting a 1:08.XXX countless times. turned active steering to strong and golded it after a few attempts. using a ds3 also.

Ive found the key to be never drop lower than 4th except for the hairpin. Also you really have to NAIL that first corner down into Hailwoods. Take a late apex in 4th Gear and DONT BRAKE. Just take your foot off the gas and coast down thru. Get on the gas again once you clear the outside curb.

Really you should be hitting this turn thru at 110-120 mph.

Carry this tactic through the other GP section turns too.

Also note that NO aids should be used, except for ABS 1. The cars Venturi will keep it on the ground and theres no need for TCS

Ive managed a 1:06.141 on my T500 with T8 but that was a serious hail mary.

Last edited:
DS3 user just silvered Brands 1:08.9xx. One tough test 3 days work. For anyone interested Tsc 6 And steering sensitivity +3.
The sensitivity was a big one, I had it on 0 but you seem to make so many micro steering adjustments to stop an exit spin
turning it up helped my fastest time before that was 1:10.8xx.
Also used the drive line just for brake points. Great fun and you win the coolest car ever on GT.

using a Logitech g27 wheel I found it easy to gold.didnt change any settings. using a ds3 must be hard though. far too easy, I shouldnt be able to match sennas time

To danardif1 and SagarisGTB.

You are the type of people, making the type of posts that make this site such a great resource.

You are what makes the internet such a great resource.

Have you turned traction control to "0" ?
Leaving traction control on will significantly slow you down.

I got silver with "1" traction control. The gold's really hard,but like Senna,I never give up. And you guys should not too. Keep praticing hard!

They say you can't be like Senna if you don't break his record in GT6. Same story here, gave up after a hundred tries, yelling, swearing and rage-quitting. Can't get silver.

I made up the most time in Turn 4 — brake late, hug the corner mid-track in 3rd gear with minimal throttle application, and unleash the power as soon as you can. Any speed you can gain in T4 will pay dividends on that huge straight.

For T5, T6, and T7 — you don't have to take them that fast, but maintain part throttle (30%) as you go through the corner and you won't have to wait for the turbos to spool on corner exit.

(using the quote to bring up the map, not to dispute the advice given! :D)

For me the real problem here is have enough speed thru Paddock and Druids.
I have an replay to check if I am doing ok.
Also tried most of the settings mentioned earlier.
Active Steering - well, this is not for me. The car was twitchy and all over.
TCS - Tried 6, but could not gain enough speed for Graham hill. Tried 3 also, but think I will go back to 1 as before.

I am more or less finished with the DS3, and will have to carry the chair down and try this weekend.
..just need to find a appropriate permission slip to fill out. :lol:

I was stuck at 1:10.6 for hours but then I learned the gears for the first few corners and only took my foot off the gas when braking. I got 1:08.*, so the trick is to keep on the gas just barely instead of coasting through the corners.

I struggled with this too, DS3 user also. I finally (after about 60 laps) managed a 1.07.021.
I used Active Steering, TC on 1 and ABS on 2.

The key to the entire lap is a good Paddock Hill Bend entry, followed by a tight line through Druids. I found that there was a lot of time to be gained coming out of Druids and getting on the power as early as possible for the run down through Graham Hill Bend flat out.

I actually got gold on Brands Hatch using the H pattern transmition on my G27! It makes it even harden but waay more fun.....

Got gold with a 1.07.0xx using DS3. ABS 1, TCS 5 and mild steering assist.

I think you just neeed time driving the car to get used to the horrible tubo lag and the wicked power band at the top.

With a DS3 just tap the throttle in the slower bends to negate the TCS and prevent wheeel spin. Doing this means you still have TCS for the faster corner exits.

Good exit speed is the key to golding this.

Do not try this event after driving the GTR in the Nissan Academy event. The Lotus seems so twitchy after the Skyline that it is impossible to keep the Lotus on the track. I did the Skyline event after getting silver here and I thought the Skyline was heavy and had no top end ! Then after two nights to get gold at the Acedemy event I came back to the Lotus. That was a mistake. After about 5 failed attempts to keep the Lotus straight on the straight bits I gave up. Came back the next night and had gold after about 1.5 hours.

Just stick with it and nail those exits.

Finally 1:09:623
After trying several combinations of the settings I did it with TCS off, steering assist strong, ABS 1, steering sensitivity 2 and manual gearbox.
The best I could do with TCS 5 and auto gearbox was 1:10:314. But decided to switch TCS off since I was loosing a lot of time in Druids. I also follow the advice by @danardif1 in post 17 and never downshifted to 2.

Not trying to offend at all, but to get a silver or gold time in this car you do need to work on your driving. To get a halfway decent time on Brands out of the Lotus you need to;

• Keep the revs in the mid range in corners - A good example, in turn 2/Druids, a good exit and launch into Graham Hill Bend at the bottom of the hill is crucial, but dropping into 2nd gear leaves the car in the peaky rev range and more prone to wheelspin on exit. Keeping the car in 3rd means that at the apex speed you're in a decent part of the rev range and the turbo lag means that when you do get on the throttle there is enough of a gap between gaining speed and REALLY gaining speed that you lessen the wheelspin.
  • Don't underestimate the cornering ability - the Lotus is a little bit clumsy at slow speed in it's Senna Time Trial setup, but that fades away as the downforce builds up. Graham Hill Bend is a full throttle bend, Hawthorns can be taken at 125mph+, and if you're smooth enough and work out the best turn-in points, Westfield and Dingle Dell/Sheene curves are 90+mph too.
  • Brakes - Remember you can't dive into every corner, it upsets the car and with 1000 turbo-laggy horsepowers behind you, upsetting the car's balance is not what you want to do. Surtees is the best example. It's a very long corner that comes right after you've hit 180mph+ on the short straight after Graham Hill Bend. I brake before the first brake marker on the right hand side, where in other cars I might trail brake much later into the corner. The Lotus doesn't like that and you then waste time wrestling the car rather than hitting an earlier apex and getting it straightened up and on full throttle. The faster you are out of this corner, the faster you are down the hill and the more downforce you carry when turning into Hawthorns etc etc. It's a chain reaction.
  • Concentrate on the slow corners first - That is where most of your time is hiding, especially in a turbo car like this. There's a lot to be found in the faster stuff as well, but that's more easily attained than the time you can find in Druids, Surtees, Stirlings and even Clark Curve.
Brands_Hatch.svg

Finally 1:09:623
After trying several combinations of the settings I did it with TCS off, steering assist strong, ABS 1, steering sensitivity 2 and manual gearbox.
The best I could do with TCS 5 and auto gearbox was 1:10:314. But decided to switch TCS off since I was loosing a lot of time in Druids. I also follow the advice by @danardif1 in post 17 and never downshifted to 2.

brands hatch kinda looks like a worm

Just want to give a big shout-out to everyone who have posted in this thread. Using a DS controller I was 9/10th over the silver time, took the advice to turn on steering assist to hard. My second lap I was a half second clear of the silver target time, with putting a wheel off twice and missing more then one apex. Thanks.

Any tips for auto transmission users? I find it hard not get to 2nd gear when slowing down.

DS3:

I used these settings (with auto tranny):

TCS: OFF
Steering assist: Strong
ABS:1 or OFF
Controller SS: 5/7

And avoid braking too much, I know it sounds silly, but the car has huge downforce, use it along with deceleration before all corners... Only brake when needed. With these sets, concentration and loads of luck :D i managed to get silver with 1:08:xxx...

I know its not gold and maybe not the best advice, but since the objective is silver (for the car)...

Back