Classic Full-Race Videos

• Thread starter mwoodski
  • 66 comments
The Indy 500 has been one of the best race of the year for the last few years straight IMO. Definitely since at least 2012.

I absolutely loved the 2014 running, with the first 150 laps going green. Those first 150 laps were fantastic and while I wish it went green the whole way through, the finish was still very high on the entertainment scale!

The Indy 500 has been one of the best race of the year for the last few years straight IMO. Definitely since at least 2012.

I absolutely loved the 2014 running, with the first 150 laps going green. Those first 150 laps were fantastic and while I wish it went green the whole way through, the finish was still very high on the entertainment scale!
Now imagine the 2017 F1 cars with front and rear wings that size.
It'll all be about the tyres and, cars up the behind of the guy they're trying to pass.

Well its not taken long for me to find one of my personal favorite V8 supercar races,

Its 1997 and the V8 supercar era is in its first official season of being V8SC, even though it was and still is the ATCC, Round 1 was held at Calder Park, Race 2, below, was held reasonably late in the evening, and it more or less set the standard for the V8 supercar generation,

Also, perhaps some of the older Australian GTP members might know, I'm looking for a race at Mallala, it was David Besnard against Dean Canto I think, they were racing in what is now known as the development series, after it was called privateers cup, what was it called after that? V8 lights?

Last edited:
Also, perhaps some of the older Australian GTP members might know, I'm looking for a race at Mallala, it was David Besnard against Dean Canto I think, they were racing in what is now known as the development series, after it was called privateers cup, what was it called after that? V8 lights?

That's it mate, was originally called the Konica V8 Lites (in 2000), then became known as just the Konica V8 Supercar series after that.

Folks - does anyone know of, or have links to, full qualifying or race coverage, minus commentary?

Preferably, the sort of thing you'd see on Eurosport - Modern European-style racing, preferably GT, Touring Cars or Single Seaters.

For Australian viewers with Foxtel. Fox Sports will be showing Formula One 24/7 from March 20-26.

From Monday:

2010-2013 Review 12am-6pm,
1984 USGP 6pm-7pm,
1985 Australian GP 7pm-8pm,
1986 Australian GP 8pm-9pm
1988 Japanese GP 9pm-10pm
1989 Review 10pm-11pm,
1990 Review 11pm-12am.

And it gets better. Enjoy!

Well its not taken long for me to find one of my personal favorite V8 supercar races,

Its 1997 and the V8 supercar era is in its first official season of being V8SC, even though it was and still is the ATCC, Round 1 was held at Calder Park, Race 2, below, was held reasonably late in the evening, and it more or less set the standard for the V8 supercar generation,

I love this event, the quality on the videos from it are incredible for their age too. Really hope the eventual Hidden Valley night race happens.

I love this event, the quality on the videos from it are incredible for their age too. Really hope the eventual Hidden Valley night race happens.

I doubt it will, because their headlights are just decoration now,

1998 Season.

Old layout for Surfers. Past tracks Lakeside, Oran Park.

2009 was a mix of Sequential and H-pattern gearboxes. Good racing all around.

Superb documentary of the Mille Miglia, the greatest race of Italy, often won by GP drivers in thinly disguised GP cars.

In what must surely be ranked as one of the most interesting sports car races in history - the ultimate running of the Riverside 200 - no fewer than 17 F1 drivers competed with numerous Indy 500 champions in cars far, far faster than the contemporary 1.5 liter F1 cars. Watch 40 asphalt-ripping Can-Am cars start 3 abreast! My Seattle home-town hero Jerry Grant led for a time in his obsolete Lotus 19-Chevy (albeit engineered by the legendary Trevor Harris).

A much briefer version, set to music, includes new views.

Last edited:
Back