"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went in to my last race in the daily B tonight with the hope to perhaps get enough points to break the A rank. I did not reach there, but I had a blast in this room stacked with A and S drivers.
It was a great back and forth with clean side by side driving. Yielded by 6th clean race in a row!.

(Should have changed my McLaren racing suit :-) )
EQ8OGSqX0AEwzPr.jpeg

I wish Brands Hatch would die a death. Honestly, in any GR race, I see it mainly as a procession waiting for a mistake. That or punters everywhere. Not everyone can overtake at Brands Hatch like they did at the World tour. Even still....when I saw that track was being used at the World Tour, I just shook my head. Who selects the track and combinations?

I think you are exaggerating. Ya just have to match the hatch ;). Race C's there can be pretty epic, and the kart race was awesome :P.

The cone physics have definitely changed, they don’t mess you up anymore if you run them over, they just bounce out of the way now. 👍

I have had the joy of running over the sign indicating the entrance to pit road when running on the grass at the Goodwood chicane. It makes a satisfying noise, like a real track sign. :lol:

Couple of interesting clips from Goodwood. I wonder how many people think I should've backed off before the chicane. I didn't really consider it. Here's one that made me curse out loud. This penalty rarely pops up, but of course it does, when I'm on on pace to shatter my personal best time.

First, I was in that same situation at the chicane. The other guy wasn't willing to go through there side by side & pushed me into the wall. Second, you just couldn't take me beating your QT at Goodwood, could ya?

I have had the joy of running over the sign indicating the entrance to pit road when running on the grass at the Goodwood chicane. It makes a satisfying noise, like a real track sign. :lol:

that was pretty much my favorite thing this week, seeing all the different ways I could punt that sign. I would keep looking back at it to see what kind of hang time it got and measure the success of my chicane exit by the quality of the punt. Good times.

Unfortunately, no racing since the goddamn Uber still hasn’t shown...thank god for this road sign I’m leaning against.
Watch out for any Clio’s driving erratically. @Winnie847 aims for signs :lol:

How many of you drive inebriated? Had a few beers (not sure how many haha) at a brewery get together, and feel like driving haha.
All the time. Gotta have something to blame my crap driving on besides myself.

How many of you drive inebriated? Had a few beers (not sure how many haha) at a brewery get together, and feel like driving haha.
I just won a race at the Nurb after a few Maker's Marks... started on pole and had to drive away from 2nd who seemed to think the goal of racing was to make contact with as many other cars as possible by diving up the inside at every corner. :confused:

I just can't sit behind and conserve. Reminds me too much of F1. Finished where I started.
EQ88lzwVAAIIEM4.jpeg
EQ88r8JUwAAV_Vg.jpeg

Next race, started 4th. Had to keep backing off as two Slophys were doing their thing and a British Bull Dog was trying to scrap with them. It got ahead, but guess that player realised it couldn't keep up the pace and finish ahead. Once I passed it, it kept falling back. After I pit, the next lap it either disco'd or rage quit.

I just won a race at the Nurb after a few Maker's Marks... started on pole and had to drive away from 2nd who seemed to think the goal of racing was to make contact with as many other cars as possible by diving up the inside at every corner. :confused:

Maaaate! Don't you know anything about race tracks :crazy:? Those aren't other cars!!! They are mobile guard rails :dopey:! They are there to keep you from coming off at the corners :D.

Edit:
Dont want to curb your excitement but I dont think it's super formula at autopolis. 10 laps in those cars is a little over 14 minutes which is far too short for daily race C. I'm pretty sure I know what car it is based on laptime and best candidate is the red bull junior.

Called it!

Last edited:
Well Autopolis sorta sucks. No need to pit or manage the fuel. Basically a carbon copy of the Gr.3 race dynamic here recently, but with a lot less understeer. It's just a procession of 1/1.5 sec gaps due to dirty air then the tyres die.

I really feel Autopolis could produce some great Dailies if it was a strategy race. Super Formula or Gr.3 here with a tyre choice and minor fuel management would be primo.

Well Autopolis sorta sucks. No need to pit or manage the fuel. Basically a carbon copy of the Gr.3 race dynamic here recently, but with a lot less understeer. It's just a procession of 1/1.5 sec gaps due to dirty air then the tyres die.

I really feel Autopolis could produce some great Dailies if it was a strategy race. Super Formula or Gr.3 here with a tyre choice and minor fuel management would be primo.
So this is redbull jr, and only hard tyres allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back