"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RZQSPEED, May 13, 2019.

1. Pigems

Pigems

I was 3rd and fighting for the 2nd on the last lap with .3 fuel remaining as I was coming through the final few corners and thinking sweet, a 3rd. Cross the line and realize there one more lap left and I have no fuel left, finished 8th at 80km/h :lol:

6935EC9B-02EF-48BC-8066-1160E6D7A4CC.jpeg

You’re right, that’s exactly what’s going on here, I’m up over 35k and was thinking about that A+ again lol. Time to come back down to earth. :D

Thanks for the reality check man!! :cheers:

JohnEB, Romafo72, F1LMFan and 10 others like this.
  2. sturk0167

sturk0167

Glad to hear it. It took a while before I realized what the hell I was doing. Go get em. :cheers:

Pigems likes this.
  3. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

Ratings don't matter when you can have multiple accounts. The whole system is corrupt by every extra account.

4. QC YALUM

QC YALUM

Some need 2 account 1 to prov they are fast and the other to prov they are wrong lolllllll

5. MattJones_e36

MattJones_e36

For anyone trying Race A, found something by accident which is very useful for manual transmission users on non-sequential gearbox vehicles: when upshifting, it's better to quickly upshift twice and then downshift, so much faster than waiting the in-game granny-shifting.

6. Pigems

Pigems

I’ve heard of that but could never get it to work properly, thanks for the info. :cheers:

Dairyworker and MattJones_e36 like this.
  7. TheNorfolkDad

TheNorfolkDad Premium

It's a long one but I promise its good, highlights of last week at Interlagos

vvise, Pigems and Leggacy like this.
  8. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Time to take a break from liveries and start racing! Signed up for the next race B, starting with the Vette and hope the braking points between GR.1 and GR.3 aren't all that different, right... No practice, here we go. It's Monday so who cares.

Starting 9th of 16. Seems nobody else cares either :lol: Only 7 qualified. Bye bye SR.

Yup red S, McLaren BMW. Those things are fast, Vette doesn't stand a chance. 3 penalty zones seems a bit excessive as well, but it's only 2 laps doh.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  9. Pigems

Pigems

I tried another Race C, started 16th, made up quite a few spots by T2 but the guy ahead braked hard and there was nothing I could do, 4 second penalty on Lap one and I’m thinking great, another one of these races!

But I killed it off that lap and only dropped back to 6th. I made it back up to 3rd after a couple more laps and then on lap 6 the guy in 2nd went off under pressure in the back section, which left me a 1.8s gap to first at the time. He held his pace well for the next lap and a half, I couldn’t really gain on him.

Then this happened...

I’ve never seen that happen before. :lol:

Cruised on to the Dub unchallenged after that. :)
    942248AB-377E-4DE2-ACBE-E1CDB85873C7.jpeg

10. MikeV27

MikeV27

Its corrupt by letting people drop their ratings and get easy wins, poles, etc.

11. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Autopolis is a little more complicated than it looks. Doesn't look like I'm going to be racing until Thursday, or Friday.

Not helped by the fact that I've never driven the SF cars, either. Or the over-riding "bearded guy sucks at open wheelers" thing I have going on.

Dairyworker, JoeyLeonine and Pigems like this.
  12. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Feels like there's more waiting in between Sarthe races than actual driving. It could have easily have had a third lap. SR at 86 after 2 races. Got to be quicker to avoid the early brakers. Not easy with a McLaren on your ass. I'll stick to the Vette for now until I get my lap time down a bit. No point making comparisons until I'm any good in the first car.

Sarthe has so much more appeal to drive than Autopolis that I don't think I'll be driving the SF19 much. One track with tons of history, great scenery, lots of character, vs a short flat track with a bunch of samey corners :/

13. Loverson

Loverson

Yeah, the race feels so weird with just 2 laps and we're using Gr.3 cars, i'd sort of understand if it was Gr.4.
    This feels more like a Race A for how quick it ends

Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  14. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

I didn't see you there!! I should have said Hi! So sorry

Pigems likes this.
  15. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Third time is the charm.
    [​IMG]
    Clean is relative, I got punted off twice but the penalty system did its work for a change.
    That earned me a whopping +1 SR :lol: I guess you still lose a point when you get punted even though it shows SR up for the sector.
    SR 87. 12 more clean races to get back to 99 :lol:

16. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

Adventures so far; one run at race A, one at B.

Race A; qualified 1.01.542, only a short ten minute session, good enough for 2nd on the grid in a mostly D rank lobby. Aforementioned double shift up technique was employed, certainly worked for me off the line as I shot off down the hill away from the other British C ranker, who had qualified a full second faster. Faster he certainly was though, and put in a nice clean pass on the back straight. All very gentlemanly and a 10 second gap back to 3rd so I brought it home with no real pressure, easy 2nd. Can probably get wins here with a better quali, last corner is where im slow i think.

Race B: Brakes on the f1 far too scary. With not much time to chuck in a lap i grabbed the Aston and lapped a 4.05.332 with a 0.5 penalty served. Surprisingly that's good enough for 3rd. A big off at the second chicane gave me the lead, but i messed up braking into the 2nd gear left just before that real tight right hander where everyone gets penalties. That and a couple mistakes, as well as a very nice move put on me by a German in the Huracan, saw me down in 5th at the flag. Did take a punt from a Porsche through the curves but it didn't gain him anything so no complaints really. With a decent qualifying session and the chance to choose a more comfortable car I could have good results here which surprises me as I dread this track.

Will have a run at C at some point, too. Unsure what to do in regards to TC and strategy there.

Sven Jurgens, sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  17. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Ok, this is to help people through Race B (not to be presumptuous)

I personally like the Aston for this. It' not the fastest in a straight line, but it handles well which allows for a really good corner exit.

Remember, if someone goes off track because of contact with you, that's minimum 2 seconds and max 5 seconds. The amount of impact is irrelevant if they go off course.

Nope, was always a penalty. It's kind of like turn 1 of the Red Bull ring., If you go off a little, it's a penalty. If you go WAAAAY off it isn't

That one sucked, yes.

Again, contact and off track. Sucks, yes, but that's what happened.

It's really a race of attrition. Try to keep yourself out of trouble (which I know is easier said than done) but that's the best advice. I say practice the entrance to the Mulsanne and the two chicanes over and over. That's where the race is often won or lost.

Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  18. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Second clean race in a row. I'm not that fast yet but gaining 7 positions in 2 laps is good enough for me while navigating this mine field
    [​IMG]
    My prediction was off, race B is actually worth 4 SR for a contact free clean race. Back to 91 now.
    0.44 SR per sector, very generous PD!

8 minute race... @Pigems you better add an extra lap for the Saturday lobby!

Qyn, Invisigoth, Dairyworker and 5 others like this.
  19. Pigems

Pigems

@Sven Jurgens Good Idea!! 3 laps sounds good to me. :cheers:

Race C time is now down to a 1:26.7XX, TCS 2, BB+2. :)

@Voodoovaj Thanks for the info and tips, it’s much appreciated. :cheers:

Qyn, Voodoovaj, Danguil63 and 4 others like this.
  20. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

gonna run your settings so I can blame you for my failures xoxox

21. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

Good luck in Race B then!!!

Qyn, Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  22. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Oh well clean streak broken. Got to watch out for people braking in places where you don't need to brake at all :/ Two SR Downs (no penalty) is -3 SR, to 88. I did get a 'shortcut' penalty as well for evading a McLaren. Those really are the clown cars on this track. Sprint by then can't brake, or throw the car in front of you and brake way early. If you know your brakes suck, don't last second throw your car in front of another one right at the braking zone :banghead:

There are some new strategies to consider for race B. Do you evade a car and risk a 1.5 sec 'shortcut' penalty, or hope you get away with a bump, which might only lead to 1 sec... If you have 0.5 sec before the finish, might as well cut the final chicane to round it up to 1 sec since it will do that anyway...

I'll go for the blue S, shortcut penalties don't affect that. However I only got +1 SR for the last race, despite not seeing any SR Down. I did get bumped and had 2 'shortcut' penalties. Avoid all the wobbly cars, but also stay within the lines at all times. PD, you make it so easy :) Not that I want it any different, any leniency will be abused. Loving the tight track limits!

Qyn, Invisigoth, MhtyClipster and 4 others like this.
  23. sturk0167

sturk0167

I noticed this morning that the last penalty zone, right before the final chicanes is a problem. In some cases, cars are unghosting right about where you have to start braking. They don't have to brake, because they're trying to get back up to speed. Good place for wrecks.

24. sdi_03

sdi_03

Heres my race C q lap. Was little sloppy lap. Clean lap was.050 slower, will try to get under 26 tomorrow.
    TCS 0 BB 4 (rear) Optimum was 1:26.2xx
    Best lap 1:26.459
    Key to get away with using TCS 0, you need to increase throttle slower with 1,2 and 3rd gears. If you have speed, 3rd can take faster throttle input

I really hate the grip reduction if you miss the driving line just slightly, its just ridiculous.
    Small mistake will cost you the whole lap.
    If the grip would be same on whole track, it would be more realistic.
    Off course there is dust etc in real race tracks, but I'm talking the track close to the driving line.
    If the grip would be more constant, drivers would be more constant and racing would me much better.
    Or what do you think??

DelboyD and Pigems like this.
  25. 05XR8

05XR8

That's why IM ticking with the M6. Aston is faster, but the M6 is so stable and those brakes are like anchors. The aero and no doubt the length of the car help.

Qyn, Danguil63 and sturk0167 like this.
  26. DelboyD

DelboyD

I did 10 laps with a best of about 1.33. Had TC at zero. BB at -3. Tricky! Can see the car will be fun when get the hang of it. I haven’t used TC for ages, but can see why you used it with the SF car.

Good lap by you tho.

Qyn and Pigems like this.
  27. MikeV27

MikeV27

I used the F-type for awhile and it's alright for race b if you want to use something different. I'm switching to the Toyota Supra racing concept when I hop back on later though.

28. Pigems

Pigems

Thanks man, it’s definitely a finicky car, even slightly to much throttle at the wrong time is catastrophic. I say use whatever let’s you enjoy the game the most. I get tired of ruining good laps (without TCS) in some cars, mainly Gr3 and above, my throttle control just isn’t quite there yet. I don’t typically use it for Gr3/Gr2 in Hot Laps but I do in races most times, I pretty much always use it with Gr1 and the Formula Cars though. Someday I’ll be able to go without for good, but not today. :)

Does the Supra need to be short shifted for best results? If so, at what RPM?

Qyn likes this.
  29. beegentoo

beegentoo

Due to general workload I only did a few B's last week. Is it just me or did the driving etiquette over the last two weeks get even more dirty? I got punted off the track in Myabi a few times but the other driver did not get a penalty (while I didn't get an SR- or similar).

Then today I was keen on hitting french roads. I chose the R8 and just did a Q-Lap of 4.07 which put me on 10th on the grid. Three quarters around Lap 1 already had me on 5th due to other drivers losing it (love when they chose the McLaren GTR due to its top speed but then cannot handle turns). However entering the Porsche curves I got a swift kick in the back by an AMG which pushed me over the grass: 5s seconds for me, nothing for the other guy. Rage-Quit by me. Now I decided to call it a day after roughly 3 Minutes and poured myself a beer.

Qyn, sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  30. DelboyD

DelboyD

I’ve not been using TC to try and force myself to learn good throttle control. I rarely drive above GR3.

I’m way off in the SF. Gonna take a while. Will be more fun learning that than the Porsche at Brands Indy!

I don’t mind others using TC and can see it better to use it in sport mode than ruin someone else’s race.