"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

I became "Little_Guppy_72" back in March when my daughter squealed "LITTLE GUPPY" in response to help for a PSN identity. Little did I know that it was a reference to Nemo vs the pet store. Alas, I embraced "Little Guppy" and grew to like the whole fish genre. I am no longer a rookie and it is time to gradually move on from Little Guppy. I need a new identity - one with a little more *elbow*. Fortunately, FLOUNDER is taken (thanks for the suggestion anyway). "Little_Guppy" has spawned a new brother and, yes, you can do that on the internet without it being dirty.

Little_Guppy_72 will continue to swim in waters off the Americas and brother will swim in Asian waters.

Please welcome SharkBite727.

Little_Guppy_72:

SharkBite727:

Enjoy,

Little_Guppy_72 and SharkBite727

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    barak181, OR_2020, tttao and 11 others like this.
  2. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

I always wondered if I was the only person who turned main beam headlights off.
    It's awful road manners for a start :lol:

Happy New Year, hopefully :cheers:

3. GT5Power

GT5Power

About time I put some actual work into this alt account :)
    upload_2020-12-31_20-9-14.png

Happy New Year :cheers: :gtpflag:

barak181, Pigems and Norrin Radd like this.
  4. fisheye

fisheye

Cool! I let my 5 year old daughter pick out the color of a new car I ordered from the dealer. She picked white, I'm glad it wasn't pink. I wonder what name my fellow racers would pick for me. Probably "reckless" or something.

barak181, Pigems and Little_Guppy like this.
  5. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Is there anything dumber than the human moth who is drawn to T1 at RBR? Unless you are beside me ALREADY, you cannot try to out brake me up the inside because to take the corner with ANY pace at all you need to swing way wide. That is just the racing line not an invitation for you to bomb in there.

Idiots.

6. 05XR8

05XR8

Last race of 2020. Sums it up. Started fine, went down hill. Rose back up and left me as I am.

Pigems likes this.
  7. Bomarcuda

Bomarcuda

Happy new year to GTPLANET and the posters. Thanks very much to you all for posting your advice and tips. I'm an older guy and my reflexes and reaction times are slipping, but I love the advice you give on racing cleaner and getting faster. I wish you all a happy new year, and thanks again

8. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

I am sooo glad you didn't mention T2. I have done a few serious miscalculations at that corner... for which others have paid the price :dunce:.

Seriously, the novice trailing driver makes a mistake adjusting to the slipstream and the "NOW earlier" braking point due to both the extra speed and the tighter radius. Typically, they will overcook it and run wide - too wide. If they get it just right... then it was probably a calculated dive bomb and is no novice - they know *exactly* what they are doing.

I agree that anyone needs overlap to do this move correctly and that is not properly appreciated. If someone is behind you and gaining it is legitimate and probably advised to take the defensive inside line at the cost of a few tenths. It will address the novice as there will be no place to go and will send a clear message to the dive bomber that you are on to them. A legitimate racer will take advantage by assuming the faster racing line and attempting an overpass on the next straight.

From @RacingGrandpa
    https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-rules-of-racing/

Quote:

5. Disputes over the apex
    <... snip...>

... Today, it is generally accepted that the attacker must be at least halfway alongside the defender when they reach the apex to have a reasonable claim to this piece of track. Moreover, the attacker should not have achieved this position by carrying too much speed to make the corner — this method is called dive-bombing.​

barak181, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  9. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

T1 and t2 are totally different animals.

T1 needs a wide, wide, wide entry point, inside line loses a full second by T2. This wide entry looks tempting to moths as the entire track is open in front of them but unless alongside, it is going to end badly and slowly.

T2 is a much slower corner, if you are up my clacker and manage to out brake me up the inside and make the apex then so be it. But you better make the apex.

10. NoStopN

NoStopN

I saw a Motor Trend documentary about the 2019 Pikes Peak hill climb event. Three Teslas went up the mountain & were required to have an audible tone device for safety. One guy either didn't have one or couldn't find it, so he zip-tied the horn to blow......the whole way up the mountain!!! The fastest vehicle made it up in just over 10 minutes. Not sure I could deal with the horn blowing for longer than that. :mad:

tttao, Pigems and Norrin Radd like this.
  11. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

Haven't been on here much lately, but have been getting some racing in. Last week had a blast with GR1, and this week it's mostly RBR. Love the Nord, and can tolerate the 24h setup, but these old eyes don't see like they used to.
    RBR has been fun, and I think I'm driving better than ever. Seems GR1 does that to me lately! Got a few wins last night in all B/S rooms. Very competitive, but MOSTLY clean... Today the rooms are even tougher. My 29.9 Q is starting me in 10th to 13th with half the grid A, A+ and S, and the slowest guy is still in the low 30's. Best race time was the win from P3, where I just broke 7:35. Hope to see some of you out there. Maintaining 99 SR is tough when one bump from behind might give you a red S.
    20201231_171619.jpg 20201231_171634.jpg 20201231_171520.jpg

afc5150, KosmoKazi, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  12. fisheye

fisheye

I think the over 60 geezers like us should get a 2 second head start.

Sean YZF, Redrufnsor, afc5150 and 5 others like this.
  13. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Well great, I was nearly at B, was virtually sure of getting 4th and it should have been enough, but get disconnected. I know my internets not the greatest, but something is
    Well can I get 1 sec then?
    So I finally made it to B thanks to N24, it was hard work made worse by 2 disconnects today :banghead: Was hoping to be a solid B by now, but I'm not good enough yet will just try and stay in it.

:cheers:Happy New Year all and may the best you've ever seen be the worst you'll ever see.:cheers:

barak181, fisheye, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  14. fisheye

fisheye

I had two 1st place races at Big Willow, then had a few too many :cheers: and tanked the third race. That seems to be the norm for me, 2 good races then I'm a noob again.
    :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:Happy New Year!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Granadier, sturk0167, BenRod and 2 others like this.
  15. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Still four years to go then for me

16. afc5150

afc5150

Running the Ring like it's my job tonight. Come join the 'fun' mid-pack!

Happy New Year, all you GTP folk making this journey so much more fun.

:cheers:

17. KosmoKazi

KosmoKazi

We are in that tough DR/SR spot where we're gonna get matched with the best if we jump into Race C... the one I joined with you yesterday had Grove on Pole, and I was in lobbies with two or three of the top-10 QT guys before that, so mid-pack is where it's at for us, I guess! But you are famn fast there, and always competitive at the Ring. Happy new year, been great to share racing with you in 2020.

18. happycorey

happycorey

I know that Race A is the kiddy race but I've been having a ton of fun in it. Until I got bumped up to B/S and now I'm at the back of the pack lol

19. 05XR8

05XR8

Race A has that Porsche Rennsport Reunion appeal.

happycorey and Pigems like this.
  20. O604

O604

Just finished my last race of 2020.

Saw @afc5150 and @Qyn out on N24. We started spread out over the grid but finished right after each other. As if it was meant to be.
    A memorable way to end the year. :D:cheers:

21. afc5150

afc5150

Y'all hiding on alts. I'm out there losing DR for all to see :gtpflag:

22. 05XR8

05XR8

Who "alts"? I'm on my gub'ment. Still at A/A with all these cheap contacts...:rolleyes: I mean, I'm on the no qualy because Ican't be bothered. So, I guess I'm in the danger zone with the wild ones at the back.
    [​IMG]

23. afc5150

afc5150

Those crazy North Americans :cool:

in other news, I gave up after 4 Nurburgring attempts. Not my night, I guess. Lost around 4,000 DR but maintained 99 SR. It's pretty fast and somewhat clean out there in A/S land.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Little_Guppy, Pigems and 05XR8 like this.
  24. 05XR8

05XR8

Down to A/C. Had to "take care" of a Viper(finished 12th) that was barging thru us in the mid-pack. Smashed me on the side and then systematically took out cars on turns. 8 seconds worth recieving. It's 2021 and no longer concerned with my alts and ratings.

It's funny, the NSx that was behind me in the previous race, was a bit dirty. I served it back and I finished 2nd(it finished down the bottom). It started behind me again(this time it finished 3rd) and maintained its cool. Gave space and chilled out. Sometimes, players get the message.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. das89ca

das89ca

If is a thing that I hate more than those idiot rammers/punters who barge their way through everything - it's those idiot revengers who punt(or try to) their previous aggressors without any respect of the other innocent/non-involved drivers around them.
    Twice I was a victim of such a revenge punt in the same race. I understand that you can be angry/frustrated but don't ruin also my race...

26. 05XR8

05XR8

I agree. Leave the revenge punting to the experts.

27. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

One of my two pet hates on RBR. The other one is the people who throw it up the inside at turn 2 and then use your car to get themselves around the corner, pushing you off in the process. I have had one of each of these in my last 2 races.

Pigems, barak181, Rexracer702 and 2 others like this.
  28. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

I took my NA alt out to play with friends on the N24 race C. While I had fun it was amazing to see the filthy driving by people who are determined to drive dirty and manipulate the penalty system to attempt an advantage.
    I have run into them at times in Asia, but as I am focused on being ultra clean in order to recover I will simply back away from any threatening driver to get back up to SR S.

With the Alt I would take the chance to work and wait to get a clean pass. These people won't have any of it. Tapping you then braking to trigger penalties. Bumping you into braking zones where they will stay behind but contact triggers penalties. Knowing where the gaps in the track are where the recovery is.more than the penalty. Astounding how these people think to race. It has been interesting, but after 2 races I'm done with it. Those drivers can fester in the cesspool of low SR. I'm out of there.

Pigems, 05XR8, barak181 and 6 others like this.
  29. 05XR8

05XR8

The player that finished 2nd, just thinks because they are in the F-Type, flashing means they are wanting to pass. Uh, not at this track. Wait for the straight. got 8 seconds of penalties for bullying the top 5 cars. I just watched it all unfold. I started 13th, the F-Type started 11th. Incredible what was going on during the first 2 minutes of the race. Such irratic driving. A/S to A/A(I got punted from Pole in RBR at T3) to A/S to A/D to C/D to C/C.
    [​IMG]

30. Stanfandango

Stanfandango

Turned 70 this year Can I claim all the 2 secs. I've missed so far?