"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 14, 2019.

1. suprajef

suprajef Premium

You must not know @Sven Jurgens

2. 250Cal

250Cal

There absolutely is a stationary goalpost, in fact there's several. Those would include DR and SR and the ultimate, definitive truth that is the top 10 leaderboard.

Everyone is playing the same game with the same limitations, pros and cons.

People have demonstrated how easy it is to win those trophies by manipulating the game mechanics. If you want to win them on merit then that's what you have to do.

[QUOTE="MIE1992]
    My issue is that PD has been making games for over 20 years. They've released a successful series of games in GT. They aren't seemingly tied up with tons of projects other than GT. And yet, from my view, they are continuously failing to further enrich their audience and evolve their game design. The more I look at it, GT is just a series of tech demos. This isn't about penalties or AI in GTS. It's about GT as a whole and GTS as being part of that. I am just so immensely frustrated with GT and PD. There is so much potential for GT, but not only is PD seemingly not evolving, but there's no way to ask them about things. There's no way to learn about their design process. I think they're just there to make glorified tech demos for the PlayStation and I'm yet to be convinced otherwise. It makes more sense that PD wouldn't be trying to actually improve their games when you view it from the perspective of GT trying to dazzle techbros and sell consoles. GT had most of its appeal, after all, when it was the most realistic racing game on the market, for both its visuals and physics. Now it's caught in a weird arms race with itself, where it always has to make the most of the PlayStation hardware, game design be damned.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, genuinely, this hard to decipher in terms of the underlying message.

It really isn't hard to map the evolution of GT games over the last 20 years. They are inherently technical showcases because of the platforms but I am 100% certain Kaz, PD and Sony aren't focused on showing off what their consoles and TVs can do. Kaz seems absolutely invested in the eSports aspect of GTS and pursuing his vision with respect to that.

[QUOTE="MIE1992]
    I don't even know where to begin. I'd have a better idea of what to suggest if PD wasn't as opaque as they are, and perhaps if they could tell me what their goals are with various features/elements/etc. but I'm just frustrated with anything related to GT right now. I don't even want to be an employee of PD - I just want to talk to someone. I think it'd be better for me mentally if I just quit the whole GT series, maybe even quit being a car enthusiast. It's clearly wasted energy on my part.[/QUOTE]

All you are doing is stating that there's a general problem. I could follow the BoP thinking, but don't agree with it. I can't even begin to understand what the problem is you're trying to unravel within your essays.

Honestly, create a dedicated thread where people will interact with you. I don't think this is the right one. This is an enthusiast community which surely must be the best place to voice your concerns.

To state you're going to abandon all interest in cars because of some sort of deficit in a video game isn't rational and, with respect, suggests another underlying issue that isn't related to GT.

You think GTS is expensive? Try iRacing.
    You think the game mechanics aren't right/fair? Try FIFA

I'd love to be accommodating and supportive but at present these essays come across as being similar to me getting pissed off with Nike and the IOC because Usain Bolt can run faster than me. Try making a list of your issues with a list of proposed improvements and you'll get more traction with the debate.

3. NoStopN

NoStopN

Just more time to get to the front as others crash off.

Must provide video proof for prizes.

Thank you for your deep concern. Yea, though I drove through the chicane of death, I shall fear no driver, for thou art with me. :lol:

4. watto79

watto79

Lovely job. But you have brake balance at -2? As in to the front? I have mine 2 to the rear.

I swear I have no idea how brake balance works :lol:

5. Pigems

Pigems

Yup, -2 to the Front. Might just be a Placebo effect though for all I know. :lol:

6. 6BK

6BK

I’ve never “no qualified” before but it looks like a very sane tactic for daily B this week. Just wait for everyone else to die on the first lap. The only problem is that puts all the idiots behind you trying to barge back up the field.:sly:

7. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

You want PD to do something revolutionary and great.

Well then please play GT Sport.

On console GT Sport has changed the game.

The_Tullster and Sven Jurgens like this.
  8. meekrab

meekrab

This is either a joke or you completely missed that Sven slammed on the brakes when the accident started?

9. Pigems

Pigems

That all depends on where you are when they decide to bottle it. :lol:

Didn’t make much progress towards getting back to SR99 in this one. :(

7E0F05CA-8399-455E-A203-BF2D775F3C49.jpeg

10. 250Cal

250Cal

1:28.6 BB +1

A: 2:09.1
    B: 1:28.6
    C: 1:11.4

Work to do.

Pigems, larrybr07n and watto79 like this.
  11. 6BK

6BK

Oh, much further back than that. I mean like, sitting on one of the yachts in the marina sipping on an ice tea and letting them all kill each other.

12. 250Cal

250Cal

Kimi Style.

13. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Yeah, sometimes you can't help it. Got 1 issue when someone lost it on the rumble strips out of the first hairpin, I was right behind. His spin nailed me into the left hand wall down to last but straightened him up. He did well in the race but can't get mad, sometimes it is just crap racing luck, other times though. . . .

Maybe I need to learn revenge.

RacingGrandpa, larrybr07n and Pigems like this.
  14. 250Cal

250Cal

Feel the darkside.

larrybr07n and Pigems like this.
  15. Redsea666

Redsea666

@Pigems what did you guys settle on for a name? I missed it. I personally thought "Temple of Hizam" or whatever @Mistah_MCA had was hilarious. Although, he'd probably have to sanction it. Like if we started a biker gang in Bandidos turf, lol.

16. fisheye

fisheye

Tsukuba Circuit... Qualified 4th... timer counting down... green light... floor it... but I was in reverse. Backed up and fell into last place @15th. Oops. I managed to finish in 4th but everyone behind me at the start were probably laughing their tailpipe off. I have no idea why it was in reverse.

17. djidane57

djidane57

i'm still baffled at how that game cannot recognize an already-out-of-control-going-sideways car when there is contact

The_Tullster, ASH32, DK and 9 others like this.
  18. Pigems

Pigems

The Pit Crew. :)

Next race was a little better, still have a few fudges along the way though. No CRB yet, Blue B at the end of that one though at least. :)

AEE20B7D-5827-491D-B5CC-B62C74BDDFBA.jpeg

larrybr07n, DK, Mattatsu and 7 others like this.
  19. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Joining race a

dlshearon, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  20. Pigems

Pigems

Crap, I just put a pizza in the oven! I’ll be there soon as I can. :)

21. 250Cal

250Cal

I'm trying a C from the back. I assume my grid slot will be near the final hairpin.

DK, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  22. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Please upload. This is hilarious

23. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Ready for some of that Gr.2 DTS mess in EMEA.

[​IMG]
    Well, once I've earned enough credits for that damned RCF.

larrybr07n, GT5Power, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  24. sturk0167

sturk0167

I did that about 6 or 7 times before figuring out why it happens. What I discovered, is that as soon as the pre-race screen goes away, and the dumb music comes on to start the race, showing the first few cars lined up at the front of the grid, the car is ready to shift. :boggled:
    For me, it can happen if I bump the wrong button when picking up my controller. I didn't realize it will let you shift so early. It will do it for A/t & M/T.
    I started a race in 5th gear once, too because I was squeezing my R2 shifter to work the WD-40 into it.
    Give it a test.
    It shouldn't be able to shift gears so soon, but it is.

The_Tullster and Pigems like this.
  25. sturk0167

sturk0167

Here's me doing it at Yamagiwa 8 months ago. :lol:
    The 2nd view is the funniest.

26. Lateralus5813

Lateralus5813

Did one single and last race in Tokyo. The smallest bump oh the wall will grant you a 5-second penalty. It's absurd. Never racing there again.

Because of this I had to do what I said I wouldn't: buy a Gr.2 car.
    Got the Motul, did a couple of laps and loved it. Will practice more before I jump into a race there though.

Tokyo traumatized me.

27. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

IMG20191014213820.jpg Ready to go in B. Faster in the old bird... IMG20191014213832.jpg

Haven't got the META and doesn't really want to own it. Lexus it is for me. The older one is far easier for me to go faster in. Already in the first lap I was matching my Qt in the new one. Have only been running 5 laps so far. Needs to run a dozen more at least before entering a race.

Attached Files:

The_Tullster, larrybr07n, DK and 5 others like this.
  28. koshmare

koshmare

Good luck, everyone! :cheers:

29. MIE1992

MIE1992

What I meant by the ideal, stationary goalpost, would be the criteria for obtaining the wins/poles trophies. Alternatively, they could just be bad trophies in the first place.

That sounds fair enough. Likely would be more productive for me, too - to organize my thoughts first, at the least.

Yeah. Now that I've had some time to cool down, I think my frustration with GT/GTS is more emblematic of my own personal issues. Like, I have too much time on my hands; not much of a social life right now, let alone any romantic elements. (Thought I do really want those latter things - and generally getting my social needs met.) I've had my therapist recommend that maybe I should go for a jog for some cardio, too. Overall, I think I'll still play GTS and GT, but with the personal change that I shouldn't take it so seriously. (Nor a lot of other relatively trivial things, really.)

But I wish Tokyo Expressway wasn't so seemingly terrible for all but the slowest cars. Eh, I suppose I could always just not do that one. Like, I find them fun to drive on, but not to actually race on, where nobody has a sense of space. It's why I often think there'd be notable improvements in racing quality if light damage was enabled. Not heavy so that damage would be a virtual show-stopper, but enough that there are immediate repercussions to smashing something outside losing SR and incurring penalties.

EDIT: It's also just that I find it really hard to articulate what I want out of GT and GTS. It's especially hard because idk what element to begin with, and I don't know how well a given suggestion of mine may or may not gel with how PD operates, or the goals that they may have for that element. I know that I see potential in many parts of GT/GTS, but I just don't know what to do, especially when I can't get any feedback from PD.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    DK, RacingGrandpa and sturk0167 like this.
  30. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Sorry but off to bed now, did one race and came second. And it was race c that I did, not A. My bad.

But it has begun... 20191014_231036.jpg