"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

What a waste of a night of racing. Decided I had been surviving race A well last night so tried to go for race B tonight. Got the Vette down to a 47.3 and headed in.

What a :censored::censored: joke of a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:race! Racecraft? Never heard of it. Started p9 or worse each race, got punted 3 of first 3 races. And big punts, like from 0.6 back at the hard right before the bus stop. I am inside? Just turn in anyway. Pulling beside on the straight? Just run me off. It was ugly. The only race I didn't get caught in the :censored: was the one where i got from p10 to p6 lap 1 and ate it on the bus stop. On the other hand that led to 3 laps of a clean race with another driver I see regularly.

This has gone from people working to police themselves to :censored: mad max style.:banghead::banghead:

Going to have to think about whether I race again or just do QT as every race I have been in this week has been brutal. Even if I escaped it all I have been surrounded by carnage. :crazy:

Best of luck to you all out there.

Edit: @05XR8 I have been running up the back of the lambos I have seen as well. They seem to be lacking something if I can run right on them down the straight and through the turns in that Vette.

2. 05XR8

05XR8

That's what I'm saying. Supra ain't fast, but jeez, I was lagging just then in my last race. I pull over and am last. Two Lambos are fighting but still, I caught and passed them. They did set 47 second times. It was mostly A/S with 2-3 B/S.

The Vette is good though. I had about four races fighting with one. Not RC F speed, but it's got grunt. Smooth handling car.

3. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

i was in a couple race b's with you last night on my US account. You were leading by a couple of seconds and then 3 of us were having a great battle swapping places behind you.. until i got sent to the realm on the last lap by an over exuberant chap using me as a rail guard. Ended up dead last in that one :banghead:

4. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

OK, the new penalties has changed my behaviour. I ran a race B right now and a British "gentleman" tried to push me off on the last lap. From the esses all the way to the braking zone by the harbour he banged and squeezed me (TCS 2 so I survived) so knowing he would keep it up and probably send me into the wall at COD I lifted and TIP-manouvered him in the 90° turn by the water. I have absolutely no remorse for that. I will happily race clean, side by side and make room or give corner to someone with overlap but if you play downright dirty I will return the favour.

5. djidane57

djidane57

This

LVS_1986, 05XR8 and Pigems like this.
  6. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

What do you feel about this? Good or bad? I think that this is the only way dirty drivers will learn, unless we have a penalty system that faults them. And that is not very likely.

208SpeedGeek, Redrufnsor and Pigems like this.
  7. djidane57

djidane57

i fully agree with you . Last week i was racing with the famous french dirty driver everybody knows , he took me out on the Maggiore hairpin once. First time i thought that was a honest mistake , how naive i was.....he did the exact same thing the next race and i sent him a message through PSN after :" you want to play this way? ok from now on you will eat the wall each time i see you" . "Luckily for me" , i met him twice after that and i proceeded to smash his ass onto the wall 2 times.

So yeah now if we have to make justice ourselves at least we can

8. DigDugJones

DigDugJones

Is it me or is everyone suddenly fast at Dragon Trail? I turned a1:47:330 in qualifying and I'm sure I'll be outside the top 1,000 by the end of the day. My time is almost 2 seconds slower than the top 100. I can for sure pick up another few tenths but 2 seconds lol!? Is there an OP car everyone is using for qualifying or am I suddenly a middle of the pack runner at a track I used to do pretty well on?

I set my time with the Corvette...which surprised me as it's a car I don't often use.

Wow, that's a quick lap.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2020
  9. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Thanks man, try the Lambo or the Jag, they are the best cars for this track. :)

10. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Another day and another opportunity to get :censored: over by idiots who side swipe you and push you out of the way because you are passing them :banghead:. I qualified with the WRX and managed to improve upon my Supra time. Unfortunately during the qualifying before race matching, I couldn't throw any laps together without lifting for the bus stop.. I still can't find the line, I seem to have forgotten where it it :crazy:. The first 3 qualifying laps were also hard because I use chase mode and I kept getting distracted by my livery.. where the rear number plate goes I have a pair of angry eyes staring at me :scared:. Anyway, I started P6/16 with a pair of Lambos in front of me. I knew this wasn't going to end well.

Race starts and T1 was a nightmare. @05XR8 , I see what you mean. Those Huracans are a bloody menace! I had to break my momentum on every corner and have cars behind me rear end me because I was trying to avoid ramming the turtles with the Lamborghini badge. Added to that was the lack of race craft . No one was giving any room when there was overlap. I ended up getting pushed into the sand, and then couldn't make the corners because of dirty tyres. I ended up in last position. I finished second last because someone came off right near the end.

Edit: Since some people had suggested the 'vette was a good choice for chasing the Dragon, I did some qualifying with the Viper. For me I find i do better with the Viper than with the Corvette for Gr4, and better with the Corvette than the Viper for Gr3 :rolleyes:. I improved my times again and almost pulled off a flat bus stop. My indicators for lap times are @The_Tullster and @Redneckchef. Sadly for me, they are both putting in faster qualifying times than me, but erm, Fudsy mate.. better pull yer finger out.. with each change of car I'm inching closer... I'm coming fur ya!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  11. Rods

Rods

Got the Lambo down to 45.2, but the game is unplayable right now.

I’ll probably take a couple of weeks off and hope PD realizes they screwed up with this update.

12. FeD_989

FeD_989

That feeling when you just can't get a lap together. Currently 7 tenths between my optimal and actual qualifying time on Dragon Trail. I don't know if there's any feeling more frustrating in GT Sport than that. When I get taken out I can at least blame someone else.

13. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

Dragon trail is easy once you get used to it. Also maybe the Lewis Hamilton DLC contributed to that as well. I never got it by the way. I’m at 1:46.9 with the F Type right now.

Illum_Concept and Pigems like this.
  14. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Holy crap, I actually beat my Target time for once(at Seaside), that never happens. :)

12431031-6260-4A7E-82EC-1EF8267AAB04.jpeg

05XR8, Racer294, Dairyworker and 9 others like this.
  15. watto79

watto79

It really does seem that way. I was banking on Race B for some DR farming but it seems like everyone got gud. After a huge amount of effort, and using @Pigems lap as a guide managed to get a 1:45.8, but even that I know won't be enough to put me in the top half of the grid.

Quickly jumped on my second account to do some races from the back. First race in the Veyron picked up 6 positions. Fun race. Then for a laugh tried the Alfa 4C. I do not recommend using the 4C for this one...

@Pigems video was super helpful though and confirmed what I always end up doing. Braking too late chasing tenths. Brake earlier, get a better exit and gain shed loads of time. It's the uphill esses that are a killer to get right, and on the occasions I do the CoD says hello.

16. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

Ain't that the truth. When I try to push the Sector 1 corners too hard, my lap times are bad. This was the mistake I kept making in race last night too...I need to take the "slower" inside line on T2 and that'll set me up for good things for the rest of the lap. When I pushed it, I ended up off the track or I lost the back end...or a slower car overlapped me in the corner, and I got stuck behind them all the way until the corner before the chicane.

The other place that I'm hurting a little bit, and I should go back and take a look at some videos is the last turn. My lap times are faster when I hit the apex late, but I'm having a hard time getting the brake point right, especially in the slipstream. I'm still excited about this week though. Overall, I like Gr 4 more than Gr 3, and this track is fun.

17. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

After midnight racing in Asia/Oceania is rough. Race B four times. First two were disasters, started top half of the grid and finished almost last in both. Partly ragged driving (currently DR-C, most drivers in that range seem to have no racecraft), a couple of dirty drivers and a bit of me pushing too hard.
    Switched from Vantage to Jag and doing much better. Q laps about the same for both cars, but the Jaguar suits the race much better. Got two consecutive 3rd place finishes, one of which came with a rather dubious CRB. I don't know that I'd have called it a clean race, but at least I was trying.

barak181, Invisigoth, 05XR8 and 5 others like this.
  18. meekrab

meekrab

Had a good first race at Suzuka last night, first time I've been door number 16 in a long while. Spent most of the race by myself in 9th, got passed by a couple much quicker cars as my tires started wearing out (DS4 kills tires) but they were respectful and waited for obvious openings instead of forcing it.

barak181, watto79, Redsea666 and 5 others like this.
  19. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Maybe I should try out the Jag. Ran QT in the Lambo but are now running the Mustang. And are down to my QT in that also.

Redneckchef, Pigems and Redsea666 like this.
  20. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Wife has the week off and i didn't get up early enough lol so no racing this morning. I did however get my race A qt down to a 41.026 with an optimal thats .5 faster. Hopefully i can get some races in this week at some point. This combo feels really nice once you get the hang of it.

21. Racer294

Racer294

I really love this new feature! Helps a ton. Improving my K-score is actually a weekly goal.

DelboyD, Voodoovaj, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  22. EinsTheOne

EinsTheOne

Not that much progress since last time then
    What car were you using?

I felt personally attacked by this :lol:
    Jk... But this essentially my case in most races that aren't with SF cars...

I spend tons of time qualifying, so my qualy times never reflect my race pace..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2020
  23. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I usually run a few laps then race. Then qualify again in the waiting room for next race. So I often surpass my Qt time in race, then qualify better before next etc

24. EinsTheOne

EinsTheOne

I'm not as dynamic as you are... I have a really tight and weird schedule..

Mondays are strictly reserved for qualifying and watching live streams to see if there are any strategies involved (because I mostly do race C)...

Tuesdays are for catching up with this forum in case I've missed any messages and for practicing offline...

The rest of the week is for getting punted off at T1 and for getting depressed because I keep dropping positions and making mistakes even after that much practice...

It's fun

25. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

:D I believe you!
    I haven't got any fixed times, I just race when ever I got a little time over.
    And that is the reason I mostly run B.
    Although race C in the later days have been no-stoppers with no real fuel saving, so I have run a few of those.

Illum_Concept, EinsTheOne and Pigems like this.
  26. 05XR8

05XR8

Even in warm up, players are practicing punting people off. They slow up and when someone is close enough, they send them into the gravel at T2/3 esses.

I saw a couple players, I hope not in this community, with P next to F next to C prefixes. Running in F-Types, nearly tag teaming players off.

Pigems likes this.
  27. beegentoo

beegentoo

So after months of not racing GT-Sport (and instead having fun with Nascar Heat 4 I admit) I decided to get back to Sports-Mode last week. After one try I avoided race A in Autopolis and went to the italian alps for some really fun races at Lago Maggiore Raceway. I had a few days off so I took my chance and raced every GT3-car in my garage on that track to gain some experience back. But after the update things gradually turned worse. I noticed that the rigorous penalties were gone but I kept calm and withstood the urge to retaliate.

For this week, it seems all my good feeling is gone. I barely manage to get below 1:48 in B and my best on Suzuka is 2:06. Especially for race C: How can people keep the Huracan on the track? The car feels like racing on a frozen lake and I cannot keep it unter control. The trailing throttle oversteer is beyond my abilities to control with the DS4. All the other cars feel either like "I'm a big ugly pile of metal and will not move into the turn" or "I'm good... I'm good... I'm... OVERSTEEERHAHAHAHAHA!" (Sorry for the weird comparisons).

Along with the missing penalties and all those horror stories people told here I think I'll stick to dry runs and practice for the rest of the week.

28. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

I'm here with you on the no fixed times, usually if I am feeling fine after the kids are down for the night.

I have tried more recently to get focused on doing a good 10 or so qualifying laps before I enter the first race just to make sure I'm stable enough to be safe at the start of the week. After that it becomes a jump in and go. Although I will go back and spend some QT laps if I'm not feeling the racing or changing what combo I'm running.

Which is what set me off last night because I felt like I was fast with race pace only a couple of tenths off my QT, so zooming past people on the first hairpin and right after the esses. Yet every time I was racing really well and got to the front I ended up getting blasted. So annoyed when my QT was starting me around P10 most races then end lap 1 I am usually on the tail of P5 after the carnage and some slipstream passing, only to get reset back to P13 or worse. Don't know if it is worth it trying Race C. A and B have been pretty dirty and I am quite stable and solid on those tracks. Not so good on Suzuka so thinking about it because I normally like the longer races but dreading how bad it can get.:rolleyes:

Pigems likes this.
  29. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

This is how I had it initially when the penalties was dropped. Then I turned on TCS 2 and defended my self. It seems most of the on purpose dirty stuff is made by people with TCS off, so when they run into me I don't move much. If they do it again or on a purpose filled way I run them off, as they tried to do with me. Preferably at a corner so no one else is affected.

My pre race message is "run fair and I will too. Rammers beware."

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  30. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

I went with the Supra.

Pigems likes this.