"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

What a great start to the year. Race C running 4th and doing well, just before 2nd??? quit 3rd made a muck up so I pass him, the guy decided to fight it :banghead::banghead: and I get a 4 sec so rather than finishing 2nd or 3rd I only just manage to keep 4th.

Pigems likes this.
  2. cactus0

cactus0

Shaved a tenth and a half off my quali time at RBR this morning in the Viper, have been using the Aston. Why is nobody using this car in the race I thought?

I soon found out, even in the Viper you are a sitting duck on the straights to the Aston!

Pigems likes this.
  3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Well went to America and tried it there, apart from errors at the beginning and a dick head at the end it was a good clean race, one guy even pulled over for me and a guy I passed apologised for the penalty I got even though it wasn't his fault. If I hadn't spun half way through the second lap I wouldn't have had these problems though and would have finished about 10th instead of 14th, still it was a good race and that's the main thing.

Redneckchef, Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  4. 05XR8

05XR8

Yeah l, it's the days of the GT-R GT3.

Jumped in the GR.4 F-TYPE. Gets up to 250km/h faster than anything else. Watching the time of distance to cars ahead and behind. The numbers change rapidly. Ridiculous.

GR.4 at Monza, is going to be a killer. Might stick with the F-Type.
    Interlagos might be the same, with the Vantage ruling the high-speed stuff to edge out any tyre wear.

Pigems likes this.
  5. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

I've been getting less tyre wear on the Vantage than on the Porsche at N24, that surprised me a lot.

Pigems likes this.
  6. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

Looks like I need some SR building today, after last night's racing at RBR. It's amazing how quick you can go from 99 to 69. Got called out as a dirty driver. I'm driving the Viper since I went Dodge in FIA, and it suits my driving style, and the Aston's are giving me fits with the divebombing. Wish I saved the race, but from what I can tell, first contact came just before the last corner. I was on the curb, lining up for my drive onto the straight, and he came out of nowhere and contacted my left front and door. All i can figure is he went wide onto the paint and was coming back on track. He got a penalty, then divebombed T1 and knocked me wide. I stayed on it and came out behind him. He brake checked me into T2, giving me a penalty, then slowed and tried to PIT me before he served his penalty. Basically he tried to take me out for the rest of the race, and here I am at 69 SR.
    To any who see me out there. I ALWAYS try to race clean. Sometimes I get caught out by dirty air and get into the car in front on braking, but never enough to knock someone off track...(anymore). I make mistakes, I appologize. I do have a temper. Divebomb me and take the spot, I'll swap paint to take it back. Divebomb me and take me out, better hope I can't catch up, because I'll return the favor.
    Racing at RBR this week has been brutal, but fun. Some of the most competitive racing I've done in a while. I've had to fight for every spot, and everone is fighting back. The way I look at it is, don't do anything stupid that takes people out, and expect to get the contact you give. I don't mind a little rubbing and bumping as long as it's from hard racing, and not an attempt to upset the other car for advantage...AKA, I get sucked in on the brakes and accidentally tap you, and you slide a bit wide, I'll lift so you don't loose the spot, then back to racing.
    Happy new year to everyone! Hope it's a better one for all!

7. Groundfish

Groundfish

Well it’s a New Year.
    Time to see how long it will take me with these tough combos to rebuild from D E.
    Race A...Imo not much of a car choice from PD.
    Last night I did a couple to B B then got into it with the whole field on a C race. Took 25 seconds and quit out.
    Dunno if I have the will to go on right now, but in we go.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  8. O604

O604

First race of 2021. Got murdered. Twice. Quit. :lol:

Not 1 clean lap this entire week. Although no SR downs despite quitting 3 races. Disappointed because last time I had a clean week. You'd think drivers would be more careful in the dark. But instead they get more reckless. Guess that's what happens when there are no consequences.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Just had my best race ever, I started 7th in race C and came 2nd, but it was so much fun racing against people about my level mistakes were made and places swapped, but no violence and hardly any penalties just good hard clean driving....OK good is maybe a bit of a stretch. I'm uploading it to the games server if anyone is sad enough to want to check it out. https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...ch/replay/replay/13717872/6133915891065161240

Now why can't all races be like that?

10. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

Do you ever wish the jerks in front of you would just take each other out, and be done with it?

11. fisheye

fisheye

My first race of the year at midnight started in pole position and ended with me saying "Don't drink and drive" in post race chat.
    Screenshot at 2021-01-01 07-38-06.png

sturk0167, O604, Norrin Radd and 2 others like this.
  12. Groundfish

Groundfish

I usually wish I hadn’t taken THEM out when I’m racing the low sr heathen trying to rank back to 99...

13. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

Thanks for posting. I liked your second lap when you were in P3. On two occasions you avoided contact with P2 by lifting vs bumping. On the his third mistake you were able to take advantage and overtake. Well done. The final straight was good. You got passed via the draft for P2 but then took back P2 via the draft. Nice.

14. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

Still having fun at RBR. Back up to DR-A, with a low SR-S. Trying to get back to 99 for FIA tomorrow, but so many agresdive drivers that feel they have to stick a nose in and fight for the corner on Every corner. Running in 5th, 3 laps in, and my best lap is a 32.xx, when my average lap this week is probably a 30.4, with a couple of races where I dip into the 29's.
    A note to anyone who sees me out there. I don't attempt a pass unless I'm along side BEFORE the brake zone (typically), but coming into the hairpins, I often move over to get into clean air for braking, which also discourages dive bombers. It's not cool to swerve into someones line in the brake zone...just sayin':cheers:

Pigems, Redneckchef, 05XR8 and 4 others like this.
  15. Groundfish

Groundfish

I’m back baby! 95 sr!
    The lower rooms are just little Mos Eisley. Most of their effort was spent trying to come up with a name that bypasses the swear filter...

I went full stage 15 E sr several times with those wretched souls, but finally came out.
    My maximum penalty time accrued was 25.5 seconds on c race.

16. sturk0167

sturk0167 Premium

Racing from the back at Big Willow is no easy task. You'll always encounter this kind of stuff. :indiff:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  17. 05XR8

05XR8

Yep. That's why I qualified for all three. I'm not even trying to win and pretty much not caring this late in GT Sport. The race earlier.
    [​IMG]

The race right now.
    [​IMG]

Edit: I was tailgrabbing this player for the races I've raced against them. The player drops a spot because it overshoots the corner or slides into the corner going wide. So, I'm there to take it. I gave them room all race. I get the lead on Lap2. I go into the hairpin after the fist PZ and it sticks it up the inside and bumps me wide. Doesn't give the space back. So I tail them the whoile lap and get this at the end.
    [​IMG]

I didn't care if I got the win. It's the race craft I didn't like. Told that player to be fair as I gave them room the whole race. Didn't push or try to dive for all the times they went off and went wide. Said I'll smash 'em off if they do that mess again.
    Plus, that WRX came into play because P1 was braking for every turn. We lost a 4 second gap. The WRX then bumps me to try and overtake. It got 3 seconds.

Pigems, Timm Sheehan and Redneckchef like this.
  18. sturk0167

sturk0167 Premium

This dude apparently didn't care for the way I made the pass, but eh whatever. Don't provide a gap. I run this race. :cool:
    Bye, Felicia! :gtpflag:

19. afc5150

afc5150

Been having a hoot at the Ring in mostly clean lobbies. Grabbed quite a few top 5s, a couple of podiums and even my first win of the New Year! Recouped a little of the 4,000 DR I lost last night, but have lost 9 SR for very minor contact and currently sit at 90.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210101122442.jpg

20. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Got a couple of people doing that last night when I was racing in america. First time I just let it go. Second time I watched them push off the people in front of me so when I got there I gave it a solid try, but didn't let them push me all the way off so I stayed behind. Them they tried to brake check me by pulling full brakes just at the very entry of those last windy bits (was behind them lap 1, this was way early for them) and just launched them. Yeah, I got a penalty and deserved it. But it kept this joker from stealing the place from the others he kept pushing off. Some people would rather learn to manipulate the penalty system and drive dirty than spend the time to get faster and smoother.

21. 05XR8

05XR8

Found the secret to good racing: stay away from other players. Last race, P1 gaps me(in the RC F) 10 seconds with a Scirocco, I gap the P3 NSX by 10 seconds. Started C/B, finish B/S.

22. baygencos

baygencos

Porsche's are my fav cars and i really like Willow tracks.
    Last day of the year i managed to get 1:22.387 qt at Race A with 911 gt3.
    I feel i can do 1:22.1xx but my arms, hands, fingers hurt.
    I made 15 consecutive clean races for the bonus. Mostly A+ and A players, most in the top 50 in my region. I only did not fight at the 15th race. Very nice racing this week.

23. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

Every race I am thinking "I wish the 19 people in front of me would quit the race and give me the win" but then what would be the fun in racing?

24. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

Poor racing etiquette! Your patience was first class - great job!

05XR8, Little_Guppy and Pigems like this.
  25. fisheye

fisheye

The best I can do with arthritic hands is 1:23.267 and then I have to have my wife pry my fingers that clamp down on the controller. :cheers:

26. Barney Da Dog

Barney Da Dog

The first time I raced Big Willow (last spring I think - may have been Supras) I hated it, but grew to love it. I think it's one of the tracks that suits me and the motion control. 14 wins this week, 20 poles and 15 fastest laps, which is by far the best I've ever done during any week of racing. And I only recently discovered that it's a real track!:guilty:

I'm crap at the RBR - managed to finish near the back all week. I'm bad enough at the Ring in daylight, so didn't even try that one this week.

BenRod, Pigems, sturk0167 and 3 others like this.
  27. 05XR8

05XR8

Did a midnight Daily Race C. Had majority A+/S, with me and a few others as B/S. I started 9th in the Atenza, but drove through the pits to keep a CRB. Couple players at the back were going off track. Finished 14/18.

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  28. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Well I just too the Scirocco out for a test, as it's nearly the same track as next week Man FIA and was shocked. I did a really fast lap, for me, going to try it in a race to see what happens. It's much more work than the GT-R, but at least I will be more comfortable next week.

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  29. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

Got to DR-A and wanted to get back to SR-99 for FIA and made it to 93. Next race had some aggressive players playing bumper cars, and got caught up in a 3 car pile, down to 76. Next race, going well, in second. The leader almost caught me out when he went really wide in the hairpin, I ducked inside, and he shot all the way across the track on exit and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid contact. Should have been a warning. Lap 4, he gets a bit sideway coming on to the straight. I get a run and try to go inside, he blocks. I swing outside, but loose some speed because I lifted for a fraction. He's covering the inside coming to the brake zone, I figure go in deep, get a good drive and undercut. He jumps in front of me and hopps on the brakes early...I brake, swerve inside, get plowed from the guy that was 1 second back, spin, wall, car, car. By the time I stop I'm in 15th with 6 seconds of penalties. Reset back to 15000 and SR-C.

Back up to 22,000 and 70 now. Good news is I got a bunch of poles, and wins, and CRB's getting there, also got Q down to a 29.593 and had my fastest race (7:33) with 2 laps in the 29's, including my fastest up to that point. Set the current Q time in the warmup after that race. I like when I get in the zone, and run smooth like that. I guess (many) laps help!

sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  30. fisheye

fisheye

I may have posted one on my Youtube channel.:crazy:

Pigems likes this.