"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Bleeding DR at DTS, even going up 5 places is losing me DR. Racing seems relatively clean, lots of personal ramming but no one seems to be doing it indiscriminately, so far. Staying clear of trouble. Think I might have to change from the M4 as it just can't keep up on the straights and what I gain in the corners isn't enough, think I'll try the Jag.

Leftcurl and Pigems like this.
  2. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

Bugger, wasn't paying attention when giving the Genesis a run out on DT:Seaside and ended up setting a qualifying time!!!!

Just wanted to see how it was compared to the Supra and totally forgot about crossing the line as the car felt that easy going around the track.

Ended up setting a time of a 1:47:7 first time out!!

Started the race in 2nd, dropped to 3rd on lap 2 after a Green & Gold flagged driver did a barge pass. They soon dropped back down the field when trying to take out their compatriot on Lap 3 at T1, T2, T3 and finally managed it on T4. Giving me the lead and finally getting win #61.

Next race started 7th; GRRRR. Carnage ensued at T1 and I was into 3rd. On Lap 2, 2nd place wiped out at CoD leaving me to close in on the Veyron up front. Got to within 0.5 second of them on the final lap, but it all went wrong in the dirty air at CoD, where I dropped back 2 seconds. Still finished 2nd.

Total gain of 3812 Dr points, and finally out of DR/C and back to DR/B.

The Genesis seems to be a bit of a sleeping giant, IMO.

Not especially quick on the straights, the Veyron would pull away, but in the corners and twisty bits, it pulls it all back. It's an effortless drive.

3. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

@Pigems has been known to spend an entire week qualifying and not doing any actual racing till Sunday :p.

4. EinsTheOne

EinsTheOne

It seems this is a common thing along GT sport players this week... No-one of my friends set a qualifying lap... There are usually 7 or 8 friends with qualifying times on Race C.. This week, its just me..
    Did you try any of the mid engined cars? I thought this track suited them well..

Pigems likes this.
  5. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Guilty as Charged, except I sometimes didn’t even race on Sundays either. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  6. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

It does suit MR cars well. I wanted to see how an FR car like the Supra will do here.

E - The last few times that Gr. 3 at Suzuka were in rotation, I was using the R8 LMS and the 911 RSR.

Pigems likes this.
  7. sturk0167

sturk0167

I get it. I've had more poles that fastest laps. :lol:
    I usually assume that people starting the race with Q times that are within a second of me are going to eat me up, because normally I'll keep qualifying until I get that one miracle lap where everything works out just right. I'm unlikely to get near that time in the race.
    Seems like it's usually just the A+ guys who can match Q times in the race.

8. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

For A and B race? Good chance, yeah.
    C/FIA races.. it's doable in some cases. When we had East Outer Loop for the Manu race recently, some of the aliens were going FASTER than their Time Trial time.

Redsea666, sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  9. manion

manion

It's almost not worth trying no qualy on race C atm. You set someone up pass them clean and the next thing you know you are off the track and they have no penalty. Multiple times you get beside another car on the straight and as soon as you are slightly ahead the ramming starts until they pit manoeuvre you.

Suzuka is one of my favourite tracks in the game but after trying to race clean and just being taken out multiple times a race it just doesn't seem worth it. The only penalty I saw for forcing a car off track was given to me when the car on the outside turned in like I wasn't there and bounced off the track giving me a 1 second penalty.

Redsea666, Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  10. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

Yep, I did a few races earlier today without qualifying. Passed someone at Hairpin, he begins ramming then attempts a pit-maneuver before 200R so I braked, turned into his right side and smashed him against the barrier. People really don't like being passed on this track.

Casio Triangle can be a death trap if you're in close proximity to others behind. I've been punted twice there already. Hopefully races will improve in the later part of the week.

R18 is also a fine choice, solid and good on tyres.

Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  11. sturk0167

sturk0167

@NoStopN Well, I finally got that footage that I had expected. :lol:
    I shared the replay in the game. I ate some chicane wall while leading the race. :banghead:

12. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

I've always kinda dug the R8, but avoided it for Race C's because for me it chewed through tyres.

13. O604

O604

I hit the chicane today all on my own. 5 second Pen.:indiff:

Felt slow running laps today. About a second off yesterday. But tried a race anyways. There were a lot of ghosts, cars all over the place. I should have done better. But that penalty hurt. I've hit maybe twice in practice....

Enjoying the Lexus this week. Both Gr 3 and 4. What's the plural of Lexus? Lexuses? :sly:

Do you know what RC-F stands for?

Radical Coupe-Fuji

According to Wikipedia and GT wiki.

If anyone is interested in a DragonTrail RC-F - https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/2295120/1/8224206238823481897

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  14. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Lexi? :lol:

15. NoStopN

NoStopN

Under your alt account, I presume? In the meantime, it's been....a certain country ganging up on me to wreck my races. So, I might have to go alt also. I've been finishing today in the rear of the field because of it, but as long as I'm gaining DR & not getting my SR driven into the ground, I might not get too mad.

16. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

I'd have gone with Lexii...

Redneckchef, Pigems and O604 like this.
  17. sturk0167

sturk0167

This is a good one. It's one of those wrong place at the wrong time sort of things. :lol:
    Nobody's fault, really.
    I ended up at the back because of my own stupid mistake.
    At least now, nobody gets a penalty for stuff like this. :tup:

Mc_Yavel, Leftcurl, watto79 and 6 others like this.
  18. TomoDonut

TomoDonut

I have tried almost all of them on this favourite track of mine, I am somehow fastest with the GTR (quite solid against punters in the race as well)

RacingGrandpa, Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  19. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

I have the pole for my first race at DT tonight. Any takers for how I mess it up? Haha

20. barak181

barak181

Overshoot the first chicane into the sand?

21. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

I saw someone do that last night lol. Leader forgot there was a turn and braked near the 50m mark

22. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

Good guess. Nope, punted at the corner before the COD both laps 1 and 4. I was 8th after the first punt and crawled back to 4th, and then I was punted again and finished 14th.

So frustrating.

23. Pigems

Pigems Premium

CE7CEB7F-3D04-4753-93D9-7CE75F1ECD03.png

I told you guys I play other games! :lol:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  24. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

lights to flag in my second race tonight.

I had a clear 1 second lead on the third race and boofed it hard in the COD.

Again, beacon of consistency.

25. 05XR8

05XR8

In ONE of my races yesterday, only the one, ONE player got a penalty for punting another player into the Seaside hairpin, at the bottom of the hill.

That's the only penalty I've seen any player been given, for a punt, in my races.

RacingGrandpa, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  26. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

I’m not proud of it, but after being bumped for the entirety of Sector 2, I punted the guy at that same corner.

I won after a good battle with 2 other dudes that was clean, but it feels ****** even if the guy deserved it.

27. NoStopN

NoStopN

[​IMG]

Dude, we need to have a talk about your Ace Combat obsession.

After the punt session I was the focus of, I am not going to let them think I'm intimidated by them. I had some jerkface punt me. Then, while working my way back up, another jerkface punted me. But, I got the second guy back. But it's open season on...um...bikini waxers that aren't members of this forum.

In other news, even with the punting going on, I was able to make it up to "mid-B" DR. I crested 20K for the first time.

DelboyD, JEverettL, cosme and 5 others like this.
  28. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I knew this day would eventually come... :(

Congrats man!! Well done! :cheers:

29. NoStopN

NoStopN

I feel a 1980's PSA coming on.

Now to avoid dirty drivers so I can build upon it. :nervous:

RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  30. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

[QUOTE="NoStopN, post: 12985881]

After the punt session I was the focus of, I am not going to let them think I'm intimidated by them. I had some jerkface punt me. Then, while working my way back up, another jerkface punted me. But, I got the second guy back. But it's open season on...um...bikini waxers that aren't members of this forum.

In other news, even with the punting going on, I was able to make it up to "mid-B" DR. I crested 20K for the first time.[/QUOTE]

You’re probably right, with the penalty system set up the way that it is. It’s just a hard mental switch for me. Plus, I swing and miss too much to be a good dirty driver, haha.

I hope to get back up to around there in DR. I’ve been barely clinging to DR B since Christmas after peaking at 27k. I think it’s reasonable if I get some good time in to race this week. I have Thursday afternoon off with the wife at work and the kids at day care/school, so I hope to get a bunch of races in then.

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.