"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by watto79, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Barry R

Barry R

So has anyone tried the Lambo in Race C? ive done some laps to post a time... but unsure how the fuel/tyres will cope in a full race

Pigems and Rods like this.
  2. MikeV27

MikeV27

Successfully no stopped and won in the 17 Lexus, it took a lot of fuel saving though. I shifted at around 6000 throughout the race and put it in fuel mode 6 for first sector for a few laps.

I turned it 6 before braking for T1 and turned it back to 1 when I got to that downhill part, seems to work ok.

I had the benefit of starting pole, but the two guys behind me passed me quite easily within a few laps since they werent saving fuel at all. One of them was even taunting me when he got ahead, little did he know I was using his slipstream to save fuel.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Pigems likes this.
  3. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

@Pigems, @Lilium, @Invisigoth
    Maybe I'll give it a try. I'm slow anyway, maybe the slower speed helps me to run more constant times. If it won't work... I'll see it at half time of the race :) .

Pigems likes this.
  4. watto79

watto79

You really should. I started 9th, dropped to 13th for a while while everyone was racing each other. Went up to 1st when everyone pitted and finished 3rd less than 2 seconds behind the leader. Would have been 2nd if I hadn't run out of fuel 20 meters before the finish line.
    Honestly it felt like I was cheating :lol:

banckzy likes this.
  5. Rods

Rods

I’ve seen people racing the Ferrari there and making it work, so it maybe doable. They’re both completely changed after the update.

I’ve been trying out the Supra and loving it, but more and more people seem to be heading towards the 911 and R8. What gives?

Barry R likes this.
  6. Barry R

Barry R

I suppose there is only one way to find out... i will report back when ive found out how far it will go :tup:

Pigems and Rods like this.
  7. Rods

Rods

Good man! Good luck, I hope you get some wins with it!

Barry R and Pigems like this.
  8. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

I've tried a handful of cars on Race C and quite enjoyed the Viper, but it is not the fastest. The Genesis rotates very nicely actually, not understeer city, good on fuel and only slightly down on power which you feel on the main straight but for most of the lap being able to get a nice line round the corners and the power on early makes up for that.

Barry R and Pigems like this.
  9. golfer07840

golfer07840

How do you do this?

Pigems likes this.
  10. Johnny Dean

Johnny Dean

Hey guys, new member here.

Tried a quick quali on Sardegna B last night, managed a low 1:21... Got a TT of 1:20 last week (All Audi - though I think I can reach 1:19's with the Merc)

This track is fantastic.

11. Pigems

Pigems

Like this. :)

12. Johnny Dean

Johnny Dean

Alien ghosts are so handy but also quite depressing... :)

13. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Welcome and good luck but looking at your times you won't need that much :D :) .

Illum_Concept, Pigems and Johnny Dean like this.
  14. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

So, what seems to be the winning strategy for Race C? I don't want to spend the weak figuring it out for myself.

I stopped at the mid point in my one race yesterday, and that didn't seem to be the right thing to do.

Pigems likes this.
  15. Johnny Dean

Johnny Dean

I'm losing a lot of time on this corner in particular, need to abuse track limits on entry and exit a bit more I think...:

Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 14.03.40.png

Tips welcome!

Pigems likes this.
  16. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

Has anyone noticed an increase in ghosting in Race C this week? I am sure the system has been tuned to make it more sensitive and make people ghost more often.
    Anyhow it is really enjoyable when people keep trying to divebomb and end up overshooting the corner because they go through your car! :D
    All I can say is it has happened a LOT in the handful of races I have done. It could just be the track and the way the algorithm works but I like it.

Pigems likes this.
  17. Rods

Rods

With the Supra I made both the no stop and the late stop (around lap 9-10) work.

The challenge of no stopping was more related to traffic. A lot of people are still driving it flat out and it was easy to get caught out and lose a lot of time.

Pigems likes this.
  18. watto79

watto79

Use the NSX. Fuel Map 1. Shift up at around 1/3 of the rev bar. Don't pit. You'll pick up a load of positions. Credit for this strategy also goes to @Lilium

Don't tell anyone about this though it's still kind of a secret :lol:

In all seriousness, just find a no stop strategy that you can make work. NSX seems to be the best but other cars can do it too.

Lilium, Mistah_MCA, Voodoovaj and 3 others like this.
  19. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Fuel save no stop.
    There was a direct comparison between 2 quick guys at the front in the same car (Porsche) in one of my races. No stopper won by about 5s and that was with some battling as well

Voodoovaj and Pigems like this.
  20. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

:p

Pigems and MaxAttack like this.
  21. MikeV27

MikeV27

No stop seems to be quickest but it requires a lot of fuel saving. I did it with the Lexus.

Voodoovaj, Pigems and Rods like this.
  22. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Ok so Sardegna is an absolutely phenomenal track. Treat to drive.

I saw people doing no stops easily on R8s. I did a1:20:9 on AMG as of now. I tried doing fuel saving for a no stop but didnt find it fun. Last 3 races,going all gungho and loving passing people :p

Surprisingly, zero T1 incidents yet. Only it was me in one race where i braked at 50 and hit no one to my surprise.

23. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Brands is a great track to drive but a) is absolutely hopeless for racing and b) I inevitably make a mistake!

Qualified with a 31 flat which i think is not too bad, being paired with higher ranked drivers anyway, and i hang in there in the top 5 or 6 and even clib to top 3 then make one small error and POOOOOF i am 14th dammit. Lost a ton DR points but will hang in there.

24. Rods

Rods

I think it’s been like that since last week. Ghosting was so intense in Race C, I was overtaken by a ghost at some point during a race.

Cerebral303 likes this.
  25. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Yesterday there was a full DR D room with a A+ driver at the top. Of course he just destroyed everybody half a second later and easily gave me a lap (10th). Why is that? How/why did he get in a way lower DR room?

JoeyLeonine likes this.
  26. golfer07840

golfer07840

LMAO, of course, it's that easy. That's why I couldn't figure it out yesterday. Sheesh.

As always, thanks!

That is my biggest gripe in the game. To me, that is faulty matchmaking.

Pigems and JoeyLeonine like this.
  27. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

I'd like to try and explain it to you. But I'm not sure anyone really can. A combination of factors to do with DR, SR, and whoever happens to be online entering the race at the same time as you.

Sometimes there's a hundred-million DR/Ds with similar SR who all wanna race and a load of As who wanna race, so they all get ranked and matched accordingly.

Sometimes it's a mix-match-hodge-podge.

Originally, if I had some As in my lobby I'd apologise. Now I just laugh at their impending misery.

Stencedaddy, Kuraudo, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  28. DelboyD

DelboyD

Tried all the daily combos today for hot lapping.

All of them are good.

Camaro has a great engine note!

Dairyworker, Pigems and Voodoovaj like this.
  29. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Thanks to @MikeV27 @Hasnain282 @watto79 @Rods

I'll give no stopping the focus. That's what I did at the Nurb. Looking at the BoP changes that took place make a lot of sense, the Alfa and RCZ changes make more sense now, as does the 458 and NSX changes. They were great for Nurb, especially the RCZ and Alfa. They don't lose a lot of pace when saving fuel.

Rods and Pigems like this.
  30. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

I managed it with the Viper last night .. the Corvette tonight... not so much, and it cost me at least 3 places :grumpy:. Race report to come.

They must have fixed the tyre wear issue with the R8. I love the R8, but stopped using it after Catalunya because it chewed through tyres and I couldn't even make it through half the race on hards before having to change. No, driving with fuel saving isn't as exciting, but like chess. It's about strategy... some people find a game of chess about as exciting as watching paint dry, and others find the strategy the ultimate test of cerebral fitness :sly:.

And so we move on to the show with everything but Yul Brynner :p. I went in with the 'vette. I improved my Viper qualy by a second, with optimum a second faster again. That had me starting... P14/18 :odd:. Mixed grid. DR/D with DR/A, B and C interspersed throughout.

Race starts, and this time I manage to avoid getting spun out at T1, which is good... the Corvette I found a lot harder to recover if things go astray. Took me a while during qualy to figure out how to not spin every time I hit a kerb or sand :banghead:. I did get knocked off a few times... I put that down to me having gotten ahead of higher rankings who seem to ignore your lowly presence :rolleyes:. I managed to slowly work my way up a little, but then I noticed that despite fairly extreme short shifting, I wasn't going to make it. I was crawling around in 2 gears higher than I should have been to try and save fuel, but when I was approaching the end of lap 14, it said I had 0.1 laps left... had to pit for fuel, and dropped another 3 places. instead of finishing P9 like it looked I was headed for at one stage... I finished P14. People slamming into me, knocking me off the track also earned me orange SRs and time penalties :banghead:.

SR Blue, DR dropped 400. <sigh> another day above DR 1 :indiff:.