"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 19, 2020.

1. NosOsH

NosOsH

Definately loving GR.2 at the nurdberg
    Love that class at any GP track honestly, but again, why only four laps??? Like come 'on PD, is it simply for the intention of forcing people to hotlap in between races? In the unfounded hope that this will somehow clean up the races, since the penalty system just simply doesnt work? Along with all the arbitrary little tweaks that hope to do the same, when the underlying framework is broken?..

Hope to god that they address this debacle in GT7, I might have to wait for reviews before deciding to buy, my purchase of a PS5 and GT7 may depend on it.... (Maybe...)

2. williams_v_r

williams_v_r

@kungtotte_ Dragon Trail is the GT Sport's High Speed Ring

suprajef and sturk0167 like this.
  3. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

The other direction is good.
    I’m with you tho re reverse. I don’t care much for it.
    Race A is fun, this week to me.

Pigems, crusselz, barak181 and 2 others like this.
  4. astrarobotica

astrarobotica

Yeah I'm not particularly good at the regular layout, but the flow is much better. I would say the reverse layout is almost boring. The run up the hill in Turn 1 and the hairpin in end of Sector 2 are both awkward in terms of optimal lines but they're not necessarily challenging. It just doesn't feel like there are even any risks to take to go faster.

Groundfish, Pigems and barak181 like this.
  5. suprajef

suprajef Premium

I can see that...

Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  6. StanNz

StanNz

Reality check in race c. Set my fastest qualy times in the 458, thought I would try racing it.
    Died 3 times before end of lap 1.
    Minus 1300DR
    Back to the slower steadier C7 next time:D:lol:

7. barak181

barak181

I think I gotta stop doing this race. Stuff like this is happening way too often.

Groundfish, sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  8. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Well, to me that is a really bad place to overtake. It almost always ends like this. The car on the right can't do much unless he wants to just brake there. So effectively you are forcing a crash there. He is ahead, you should back down.

9. Vegard

Vegard

The Ferrari is a challenge for sure but it can be done:

If you are an alien :D

Dude, he gave you all the space in the world and you straight up turned in on him.

Pigems and StanNz like this.
  10. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

This time we agree.

Pigems likes this.
  11. crusselz

crusselz

Not an ideal place to overtake to start with, unless you were further along side.

Seems like he gave you plenty of space, maybe worth posting from his view, to see steering input. But on the evidence of what you posted. I'd say it's you who turned in on him.

Pigems likes this.
  12. 05XR8

05XR8

Watched three of my past DTS races from the fourth of August. Used the Mustang for each and it was damn good versus all types of opposition. RCZs, GT-Rs, Slophys, Sciroccos, Veyrons, Vantage. Shows awesome speed in the corners, with the car's change of direction.

In the last race, I hit the COD by mis-judging the entry kerb. It launched me, unsettling the car to hit the left barrier before exiting the COD.
    Head down and caught up to 7th place Slophy, after my falling to 12th. Passed it before the final turn.
    Hopefully, next week is just as fun as those races.

x5abotagex86, Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  13. kungtotte_

kungtotte_

Where should he go? He has almost no room to the right whereas you've got tons of open track to put your car on, so who should leave the other one space in this scenario do you feel?

crusselz likes this.
  14. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

Ran me off the road on purpose in 2 consecutive races. When he drives properly he’s a dead set alien. Obviously suffers from some sort of entitlement problem.

15. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Fingers crossed for one of the classic cars in n300 to run at goodwood. Have we ever had anything but the mini and the clio at goodwood? I should have a lot of time next week, so i really hope it's a combo i will enjoy. Definitely run some laps if not a race or two in each of the other combos aswell. Looks like a good week, after how poor this week is, for me.

Happy friday, y'all :cheers::gtpflag:

16. 05XR8

05XR8

Didn't we have the 250 Berlinetta as a One Make?

Pigems likes this.
  17. barak181

barak181

That is a bad place to overtake, you're right. At the time - during the race as it happened - I felt like I had pulled up much closer to nose to nose than I actually had, now that I see the replay. But by the time we pass the first apex, I am ahead and the video shows that. Honestly, I was somewhat expecting - given our exchanges the previous few corners - that he'd back out a bit as I clearly got the better run on the straight and established the inside position before the esses. Much like I did for him at the top of the hill.

And as per usual for me, this incident really wasn't one of the ones that got to me last night. It's the last race of the night and the only time I thought to save a replay. Much worse happened in my previous races on what had previously been a clean track for me this week. Stupid me never thinks to actually save those replays.

As I said above, no not an ideal place to overtake. I admit that. My thinking at the time is up there, too. I don't have time before work to cut up and upload his perspective but his inputs go much further left than mine go to the right.

Like I told @RacingGrandpa I halfway expected he'd concede the position when I established the inside line and then crept ahead by the first apex - much like I did for him up at the top of the hill. Stupid me, I know.

Once again, what video are you watching? Show me where my inputs become a turn into him.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020 at 2:52 PM
    Pigems, RacingGrandpa and crusselz like this.
  18. sturk0167

sturk0167

It's hard to predict the car for that race, because it says N300 , no bop, and settings: adjustable. So, they could upgrade an N200 car to N300, or downgrade an N400 car. It might be one of the ones where they let us pick between a few cars.
    I remember a one-make race for that car at DT Gardens.

Don't you just love hearing tires screeching behind you? :lol:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020 at 3:30 PM
  19. Vegard

Vegard

:lol: This again

The Porsche leaves you two car widths on the first apex.

You go to take the second apex, leaving him nowhere to go.

"I thought he backed out" is not an excuse for causing a collision.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020 at 3:09 PM
    Pigems likes this.
  20. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Looks like I’ll be in at Goodwood next week...That’s a perfect track for the class, hope we get a good car. :)

Pigems, Redneckchef and Dairyworker like this.
  21. barak181

barak181

That's a far cry from "turning into him."

Dictionary.com use it.

Pigems likes this.
  22. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

But you are driving in to the only room he has apart from running off track.
    I know, heat of the moment thing. Happens to me to.
    And I always forget to save replays as well.

Pigems likes this.
  23. barak181

barak181

Which is a completely different thing than "turning into him." Several other people said what you just said to me, which I concede.

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  24. kemmac

kemmac

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201023072720.jpg

Again and again, sometimes I get the loss of rating with a clean race. Can someone who knows the reason for the loss of rating with clean races. Here the pic under the name kaac58. It's total perplex me.

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  25. Vegard

Vegard

OK, you cut him off and smashed into the side of him, destroying your own race in the process. Better?

Pigems likes this.
  26. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

You are making contact with other drivers during the race. If you see a Red down arrow with "SR" in it, you have lost points in that sector. At Race C this week, it probably takes around 3 of these to lose SR for the race.

Edit: The penalty system doesn't do a great job assigning fault, so you might be racing clean in actuality. It's best to avoid all contact, if you want the blue SR at the end of the race.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020 at 3:53 PM
    Pigems, Redneckchef and Dairyworker like this.
  27. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Also, a short excursion off track, even if you hit nothing is still a loss of SR

Pigems and Dairyworker like this.
  28. kungtotte_

kungtotte_

At 16 seconds into the video you're side by side. He's on the right following the right side of the track, which would leave you space on the left even if you stay side by side through the corner. You on the other hand are in the middle of the track pointing at the apex, which means your path will intersect with his unless he slams on the brakes or turns right and goes off track. You literally can't take the line you're taking without forcing him off track (or colliding obviously), but he can take the line he's taking and still leave you room.

So again I ask, where should he go? You're not in front of him. You're side by side. So by what rights is it your corner?

As for Goodwood I hope it's historical FR muscle cars with super soft suspension. Corvette, E-type, GT350, etc. That's only proper for that track. Full opposite lock and steer with the loud pedal :D

29. barak181

barak181

A bit. My point being is that words have meaning. Don't say one thing and then after having it refuted say you actually meant a different thing. It's arguing in bad faith and creates much more antagonism than is necessary.

Pigems likes this.
  30. NoStopN

NoStopN

I think some people have a better grasp on tact than other people.

Carry on.

Pigems, 70Strat, O604 and 3 others like this.