"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, May 18, 2020.

1. Skipflap

Skipflap

I actually had 3 CRB bonus at Spa this morning. With about a 3k DR gain over 5 races Lobbys seem a whole lot cleaner than yesterday. Maybe people dont pratice on a Monday and jump straight in. Been running the AMG.. its so stable and consistant. Brakes well after the 100m at T1 also, perfect for the cut back on people diving the inside.

larrybr07n, Pigems and theschledy like this.
  2. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

did spa 5 times and I remembered why i stopped playing this ****. updated penalty system still means no accountability for people who cant drive. somehow this game has such a garbage SR system anyone can get to the top of it.

3. Skipflap

Skipflap

They increased the DR limit, think they should do the same with SR..

PS_Messages_20200519_152628.jpg PS_Messages_20200519_152613.jpg PS_Messages_20200519_152643.jpg AMG can also defend the GTR coming into Les Combes and gets the grip on exit. Could say i squeezed him out but good racing between us i think .

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
    alx42 likes this.
  4. MIE1992

MIE1992

Bah, I can't say I'm a fan of this week's races - I might try Race B a few times, but so far, I'm not a fan of A nor C. At least the FIA races this week look fun. But I can't stand Suzuka East unless it's with something slow like the Honda S800, at which point it just becomes tolerable for me. And I can't seem to get the hang of Dragon Trail Seaside, as my best time 1.48.333 with the TT Cup - heck if I know how people are getting sub-1:46, or even sub-1:47.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Pigems likes this.
  5. djidane57

djidane57

is was 2000 , not 1999 :D

GT5Power and Pigems like this.
  6. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Allow it. I don't think he was born then :lol:

larrybr07n, GT5Power and Pigems like this.
  7. larrybr07n

larrybr07n

This. And also just stop trying too hard or getting pissed because someone rammed or punted you and stuff. I know it sucks, we all complain from time to time, we all are competitive but it's a game.

The moment you stop taking it too seriously and you chill, this game is incredibly fun and rewarding and the best thing, compared to other simcade games, is that you switch it on and you can race, no setup, no settings, nothing, you can literally do races in loop.

8. meekrab

meekrab

This is an extremely good idea, along with larger SR down values for contact...

Pigems likes this.
  9. GT5Power

GT5Power

My bad :lol: @Hasnain282 is right :O :lol:

Pigems likes this.
  10. YRS2703

YRS2703

Anyone finding Race C to have a slightly lower sportsmanship standard than usual? It feels like people lost all sense of spacial perception at DTS this week

meekrab and Pigems like this.
  11. DK

DK Premium

I had a similar experience in Race C. I tried it once, but the combo of FFs being the meta and militant Senna worshippers diving in for overtakes at every quarter-chance they got was just unbearable.

Stencedaddy and Sven Jurgens like this.
  12. theschledy

theschledy

Yeah for reasons I don't understand my SR has been on a steady decline with race B. Even races where I'm not getting penalties I'm still getting negative SR. Was thinking about doing some dailies on my main account but I'll pass.

Stencedaddy, Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  13. SmallSoldier

SmallSoldier

I may need to try exactly that! I guess that nerves + concern about DR is my biggest challenge during the races... Last night I did several qualifying laps and got into a good rhythm for Race B... 8 laps in a row, all of them in the 2:19’s with a session best of 2:19.2... Went racing and suddenly I couldn’t do anything better than a 2:22!... I guess my choice of car isn’t helping either (Beetle), which for a Hot Lap is the one I feel the most comfortable with, but it seems that during the race, it all goes away :(

Rosty_14, Supercededman and Pigems like this.
  14. 05XR8

05XR8

It's just META syndrome. Players of the FFs believe it's their right to all straights and corner entries.

larrybr07n, Pigems and YRS2703 like this.
  15. jad866

jad866

wow!!!! you're doing laps in race B at 1:19.

LVS_1986, Pigems and SmallSoldier like this.
  16. meekrab

meekrab

Last time I checked, even a Clean Race Bonus Race B was worth some incredibly small amount of SR, around 5. One accidental contact can erase the entire gain, and if you get crashed into and the game decides it was your fault oh boy your SR is in the gutter.

My experience with daily races is that slower cars breed closer racing and more contact, and Gr.4 cars are slower than most recent Race C's.

Stencedaddy, Pigems and theschledy like this.
  17. djidane57

djidane57

3rd place on the grid at SPA is the worst starting spot , right in the middle on the final chicane :banghead:

DK, Supercededman, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  18. YRS2703

YRS2703

I mean to get anywhere close to a good result I feel like you must sell your soul to the FF cars.
    My guess is many people don't have enough throttle control on exits as well, so they just understeer into everybody and then say that the other car wasn't supposed to be there
    EDIT: anyone having trouble with the servers? Had 10 people disconnect before warmup even started in Race C... let's say it was pretty awkward in the lobby screen

Pigems, 05XR8 and theschledy like this.
  19. MIE1992

MIE1992

How is anybody getting sub-1:20 for Race B? My best is 2:20.318 with the R8 LMS.

Pigems likes this.
  20. SmallSoldier

SmallSoldier

I apologize... It’s not 1:19’s, it’s 2:19’s... If only I could do them during the race, I would probably at least maintain my position :(

Already edited it to 2:19, my mistake

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
    Pigems and MIE1992 like this.
  21. 05XR8

05XR8

Okay, I like Race B.:lol: Pretty much don't do any races before I head out. I'll post a video.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pigems, larrybr07n and RacingGrandpa like this.
  22. AlexWilmot

AlexWilmot

My kudos target is a 2:19.4, going to try the AMG later this week to beat that with a ds4 so it's definitely possible, potentially look at the top times replay to see how much and how long they spend on the brake pedal and try replicate that

23. Skipflap

Skipflap

I was 2.20.3 in race B in the GTR could touch it with any car yesterday. Tried the VW,thing with no roof,today after 4 laps did a 2.19.8. Crazy little car..

24. jad866

jad866

saw someone using an FT-1 last night he seemed pretty fast I gave it go and got my Qt down to 2:18:9 . to me that was surprising from that car very stable and quick out of the corners

Clubsport_CA and Pigems like this.
  25. El_Beardo

El_Beardo Premium

How's Race C in A/S EMEA lobbies?

Shall I take the my main account for a spin, and try to progress to A+? Or, is running one of the alts a safer bet?

Pigems likes this.
  26. 05XR8

05XR8

Qualified with a 2:20 in the RC F.
    Used the Atenza in this one

Rosty_14, Redrufnsor and Pigems like this.
  27. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Suuuuupra. :)

BB-2

Clubsport_CA, jad866, watto79 and 4 others like this.
  28. MIE1992

MIE1992

And was that 2 to the rear, or the front?

Pigems likes this.
  29. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Front. :)

- = Front.
    + = Rear.

Rosty_14 likes this.
  30. MIE1992

MIE1992

But you told me that FR cars should have it a bit towards the rear. Is your suggestion of a front bias because of Spa’s layout? Specifically, because most of the turns are low-speed? (E.g. turn 1, and the turn just after the first checkpoint.)

Pigems likes this.