"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
It felt at the time like you passed me then slowed the car in front down for me. You didn't need to. We had the better cars.

It all worked out OK. i had a great drag race on the final stretch. And judging from post race comments, I think they had a fun race too. :D
Yeah, I slowed him down, but it was because I made contact with him, twice in the segmented turns. Felt bad about doing that. That's why I pulled over.
I gained a bunch of ground on him at the preceding left-hander, and made the mistake of trying to pass in the wrong place.
Waiting until the final turn to attempt a pass would have been smarter.

Anyone else notice the starting grid moved in the past hour or so in Race C? 👀
Did they fix the #20 starting position? I've heard that last place starter was gridded at Degner. They don't often do Suzuka at Race C (Race B and A have smaller grids) so maybe they finally fixed it?

Yeah, I slowed him down, but it was because I made contact with him, twice in the segmented turns. Felt bad about doing that. That's why I pulled over.
I gained a bunch of ground on him at the preceding left-hander, and made the mistake of trying to pass in the wrong place.
Waiting until the final turn to attempt a pass would have been smarter.
You're the 1st driver I've come across this week competitive in the other car. That was fun, we knew we had the advantage. I'm sure the other driver felt the same. I was on their bumper for 2 laps, then you came along near the end while we were running out of turns. Can't get more exciting than that.

Did they fix the #20 starting position? I've heard that last place starter was gridded at Degner. They don't often do Suzuka at Race C (Race B and A have smaller grids) so maybe they finally fixed it?
Not sure, but @Tidgney was one of the victims of starting in Degner 2 this week and said he reported it to PD. So, maybe...

Untitled.png

1400+ races, 1100+ hours, 737 days logged on and 400 miles at St. Croix today. I am an A+ driver.

Not sure, but @Tidgney was one of the victims of starting in Degner 2 this week and said he reported it to PD. So, maybe...

There is absolutely no chance that they didn't know about this until now. Sounds like he has reported it before anyway.
They did know about it already but all I can do is keep reporting it in the hope it gets fixed. I've suggested the easy fix which requires 0 patches. All they have to do is change the rolling start for that particular race which I'm assuming is all done their side and can be done instantly (Changing the rolling start distance, which we can do in custom races for example, the setting does exist for lobbies, it's just hidden).

Such a weird glitch. On possibly the most used track in the game and most iconic in the country. So weird.

1 Race C this morning. Started/finished 5th. Another fun race. I'm having a lot of fun with this combo. 👍

I should have been 4th, but the 2nd and 3rd place cars got into a fight at the final turn, putting me and the driver behind me onto the podium. :cheers:

I know what you're thinking (sturk's down at SR D again).
Nope. This was a top split race. One of those brawlers was A+.
It seems to happen at that same turn, fairly often. :lol:

Last edited:
I seem to be getting kicked out of games now, going to reset and clear cache to make sure it's not me. Anyone else having this issue?
yes, I can qualify and before I see the grid-network disconnected- after I restarted the station for the 4th time in a row, I got a message, that they recognised some network problems and if I want to report it to Sony. good idea to clean the cache, I will try that as well.

Here was I thinking that getting to SR S would finally have some clean drivers... **** no, it's pretty much all the same noobs trying to brake way past the breaking zone and using another car as a way to stay on the track. Thank god I got the wins and poles necessary for the trophies and all that I have left to get the platinum is about 150 races in sport mode. After that I will really leave this game. Maybe if I go to A and A+ tier I get to fight cleaner drivers? (I'm at B DR mainly because I've tanked a lot of my races to get the wins and poles).

Remember when the outside car got a penalty for contact, whenever there was a dive bomb?
It seems like the penalty system would be perfect if they just reversed it. The person on the inside of a corner collision should always gets penalized. Who could argue with that?

Whoever decided to give the penalty to the outside car, was either trolling us......
1628110691455.png

....or they are the dumbest programmers in the sim racing world (who don't actually do the races).

Hey PD, let me and some of my friends, who do tons of daily races, help with the penalty system.
It is the thing that loses the most customers for you.

Last edited:
Will echo a few others with what we were saying with OGR. Usually solid racing, but there was definitely some mayhem in race B earlier in the week and they seemed to be in the middle of it. While a couple drivers from them have at times thrown some reckless moves I echo @05XR8 in that it is usually clean driving.
I've had far more problems caused by their atrocious lag issues than anything else. Normally good racing with them otherwise.

This is a good example of what I was talking about.
The dude used my car to help his turn. Fine. I was planning to return the favor.
But when I saw him do the same to a good friend of mine (mustang1965april), I just saw red. :mad:
Side shot coming up.
As you will see, the side hit is much more effective than a rear hit, nowadays.

Of course, he spouted off some Portuguese gibberish, post-race.
Didn't care. I told him to come to the next race if he wants some more. 👍

Last edited:
Probably if some are racing their slower teammates? I know there are a few always qualifying up the top and maybe one or two at the bottom.

I did botch my Race B yesterday. Jumped in the RSR with two F1s behind. Game too much room into T1 and caught the left rear on the curb. Spun down to last. Recovered a couple places at the end.

Anyway, that GR.4 Viper. Man, I've driven that car more this week than in the 4 years of this game. Absolute cruise missile. No effort all race. Think my avatar had its elbow on the door.

Last edited:
This is a good example of what I was talking about.
The dude used my car to help his turn. Fine. I was planning to return the favor.
Then, as soon as I saw his do the same to a good friend of mine (mustang1965april), I just saw red. :mad:
Side shot coming up.
As you will see, it is much more effective than a rear hit, nowadays.

Of course, he spouted off some Portuguese gibberish post-race.
Didn't care. I told him to come to the next race if he wants some more. 👍

My takeaway from all of this...

If there is ever a bar fight... I am on your team.

Last edited:
Got my qualifying time down to a 2:09.3XX!!!

wwe raw GIF

That came in handy for race 1, and not so good for race 2. I start P10 in race 1 and just do my thing and decide not to fight if anyone attempts a pass. I stay as smooth as I can and hit my apexes as good as possible due to tire wear all race. I don’t think I passed anybody on the track, they all went off when I went by them. I do get to P4 but mess up the exit on Degner 2 and two other drivers pass, and I don’t give up a fight to save tires. I end up P6 so a massive success.

Race 2 I start P16, and nothing goes right. Of course, I can’t pass due to being in a slow car and all the questionable drivers in the back. I’m getting rammed from behind all sides causing me to go off my lines and I can’t get it together the rest of the race. At some point I go wide at R130 because someone tried to pass on the inside, and I try to rejoin like a dummy and someone else goes in the inside into the first part of the Casio Triangle. I try to stay on my line, but I get pushed off and, try to rejoin like a dummy again and end up dead last P18. I don’t improve beyond that. Lesson is, don’t be a dummy when rejoining or in general when racing.

I used too much of my tires I think, but I still could drive the car ok. I might be driving too hard the the esses to keep my speed up. Some troubles in the Degner curves aren’t helping, but I should do better the rest of the week under some more real race conditions. I did lose a bit of DR, but somehow, I stay at 99 SR with all the elbows out mentality in race 2.

Back