"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I know I talked a lot of crap about about Race C being a one make with the Trophy and that I will use something else but it seems I may not be skilled enough. I put the Ferrari to +5 BB and it still seems to understeer like crazy. I am trying some practice runs in the 4C but that seems off, too. The Trophy feels perfect. So good that it really feels like cheating compared to those other cars.

I don't want to be a hypocrite but you may have to cut a B driver a break.

Report from Race C.

This race is a solid primer for those seeking to better understand tyre management.

It is so tempting to pit and change.

But... at what cost?

Report from Race C.

This race is a solid primer for those seeking to better understand tyre management.

But... at what cost?
I just rage quit on lap 3. I wasn't ready for turn 1 with those tires and went flying off. Will try again tomorrow.

Now to figure out those damn esses before the bridge. I seem to get them right about every 4th lap.
It’s hard to explain. I just try not to enter the first one too hot to stay on line nicely, minimal brake, just a lift.

Then let it roll through the left, so you end up in the left side before the right before the bridge. As soon as the car is straight you can jump on the brakes and bring it down to 3rd in most cars for the right.

Then it’s just patience to get on the gas because the camber blinds the exit and the bumps unsettle some cars.

If I nail it at some point I’ll send you a replay.

Report from Race C.

But... at what cost?
Do not pit, lol. Even in a FWD you should only lose 7 or 8 seconds max over the course of the race to tire wear, pit stop loss is like three times that. I nearly went nuclear when a driver in a Sirocco I was having a good battle with went into the pits on lap 5 because like, why were you fighting me and losing us both time just to pit? :confused:

Really enjoying Race B even though I got rammed right after the bridge. Final sector is so much fun. The turn right after the back straight is tricky though, it always feels like it tightens on me right at the end.

Got some c action in today on my B/S alt. It’s amazing how many people are pitting. Yes, tire wear is tough but it should be a no brained to them at the end of the race when you look at the results and see that P1-3 did not pit.

The only thing in the lower lobbies is to exercise self control in the sense of letting the alpha males through if they try to dive bomb or barge-pass you. It’s ok….they’ll be spun off the track in a lap anyways.

I’m haven’t worked on my qually at all, but my first couple races I did a non-q from the back and ended up top 5 each time by doing a no pit and staying out of trouble. Once I established a mediocre qually, I haven’t finished off the podium as long as I stay consistent, take conservative braking points from the beginning of the race and stay out of trouble.

Might log onto the main later tonight to see how the A class races are. All my races have been on my not so secret weapon anymore, the 458. Nail your exits in Casio and Spoon, and the Slophy’s won’t stand a chance

Thanks for the tips on the esses everyone. I always check out the guides from @Tidgney and @Mistah_MCA so I was ok with the line. And I do nail it every few laps, just needing to get that consistency down to stay at my faster times. Guessing I just havent settled on picking a turn in marker and adjusting everything else to it. The annoying thing is that I'm usually good when following through there as I'm working on avoiding people but in clear air I seem to clip the curb or go a bit deep on the turn to the bridge.

I'm getting there but did find it felt easier to nail in the Supra compared to the Vette. But I hate the supra.:ouch:

@Tidgney covered this one in his lap guide.

My version of it - slow is better for fast exit:
  • Slight lift on entry to hug the right curb.
  • Maintain near full but not full throttle.
  • Tiny braking and downshift to 4th as you hug the left curb... need to be to the left on exit.
  • Brake hard and down to 3rd at the darker patch... and as soon as possible apply minimal throttle to settle the back end due to the hump at bridge entry... @Tidgney explains why. This allows for the fastest possible exit onto the bridge.
@Redneckchef, I haven't consulted anybody else's videos, but considering that they & you are faster than I am, they will likely have the words & video to better explain this quote above. While I was getting a feel for the track, I had to reacquaint myself with the track. A couple of observations/tips from my point of view:

-1) Slight lift for the first right in the esses is all I used. You just need to get those tires to bite. I use cone markers & choose to start my turn in & brief lift at that cone. I believe it's positioned next to a break in the ARMCO, so you might use that if you don't use cones.
-2) Once the car begins to turn, I use as much throttle as possible. Some of you faster drivers might have a better lap time with finesse while I'm out there clubbing the track like a baby seal.
-3) A dab of brakes & downshift for the left is what I used also. But as soon as I pass the apex for the left, begin braking. If you carry too much speed, there is the bump on the left. If you nail the apex for the right turn heading onto the bridge, the hump is so much less pronounced that it does practically nothing to upset the car. I tend to get caught by the bump on the left at the bridge exit turn. The Corvette seems to eat that bump well, while the Mustang, Ford GT, & Viper all got jittery.

Did 1 Race A this evening. Started pole/finished 3rd. Very fun race.

This is after I d/led Tennis World Tour 2 and got wailed on by Rafael Nadal for about an hour. So it felt good. 😁

Try the F1.
6B2D6C54-BB31-4DC9-AA84-0ADEA982E782.jpeg

I had a killer lap going on Suzuka with an easy 2:09.XXX in my sights, but I screw up the Casio Triangle entry and take a spin on the exit.

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

I had to turn the game off I was so completely deflated from that spin. I did get my time down to a 2:10.3XX in the meantime so know I'm capable of getting even quicker. Going to try my luck in actual races tomorrow.

Thank you! That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Name didn't really make sense to me.

Really prefer RWD, but maybe I'll give it a shot.
That’s the beauty of it... the Trophy IS RWD! Mid engine homologation monster! It’s so easy to drive at 9.5/10 it’s not funny. when it’s good it’s really good, but it’s a bit of its own beast.

got down to 2:07.5 at Suzuka in the VW but would not dare race it compared to the Megane Trophy. Gonna use that QT to try and podium a few times in the renault.

Last edited:
Similar story about players pitting. In a room with fastest Slophy at a high 7seconds. I'm 19/19, in the Viper, at 2:09.8.

Last to P1.
The top 4 players pit! Like...why? A/S, B/S room. The leader pit Lap5. The P2 M4 pit and a Mustang pit. The Scirocco pit next lap.

Even though a couple car went off. Just so much impatience when others are losing it. Let them recover!!!!
Nope. I slow and get so many taps from the back. Seriously. Look ahead! That's why I use hood cam.

I ran a couple people wide because they chose to run me wide in hopes of capitalising on the other people that recover. Bad choice to be on the outside of a few corners, when I caught up. Sorry not sorry.

Anyway, Viper front were gone, but the car stayed balanced. Sleeper in this group.

Race C is practically a Megane’s exclusive party. 12/15 out of 20 are meganes. Far better than any other cara especially because they are the more gentle with tires.

I out performed Meganes in my race with the Cayman. 16/19 to finish P5. It's faster in a straight-line and the rear end comes around with control all race. At the start, I had one on my tail, but I pulled away each lap. I think the Cayman gearing, really helps at this circuit.
Caught up to a different Slophy struggling with the rear. Passed it at the hairpin and accelerated away. Very fast into T1 late in the race and through the esses.

Do not pit, lol. Even in a FWD you should only lose 7 or 8 seconds max over the course of the race to tire wear, pit stop loss is like three times that. I nearly went nuclear when a driver in a Sirocco I was having a good battle with went into the pits on lap 5 because like, why were you fighting me and losing us both time just to pit? :confused:
Yeah I'm using this race for training, push my account to D and start from the back, I'm nearly back to B and now losing time to the guys about 10th who are fighting like mad then half of them pit. I'd do better if they had more sense.
My GT-R is holding it's own against Slophies, although I'm slower on the last couple of laps when the fronts are gone I'm quicker through the race and it's much easier for me to pass people. Anyway I hate taking the meta car, even when it's not French.

Has anyone tried the GTR at Daily Race B? It can (mostly) actually catchup with the GR Supras and Corvettes despite it trying to murder me with the wheel spin even at TCS 1. Either way, has anyone know about the other users with the "OGR" tag on their names? They seem to be engaging with the races quite a lot.

Has anyone tried the GTR at Daily Race B? It can (mostly) actually catchup with the GR Supras and Corvettes despite it trying to murder me with the wheel spin even at TCS 1. Either way, has anyone know about the other users with the "OGR" tag on their names? They seem to be engaging with the races quite a lot.
Yeah, OGR is a loosely associated team in Oceania. Mostly ok, but I've noticed a lot of them suffer from lag. They seem to have a lot of them enter the same race every now and then when it is something they really like. Just like any other groups, some good, some ok, some reckless.

Loose nickname was Old Guys Racing last Inheard.

Last edited:
Haven't had a trouble with that team. A couple say hello, each time I'm in a room with them.

Viper again. Didn't bother to pass this player all race. Slophy was twitchy nearly every turn, but just stayed behind. Until....

We both arrive while the M4 was ghosting. Slophy was a bit, umm, slow and M4 caught up. After it knocks the Renault:

Has anyone tried the GTR at Daily Race B? It can (mostly) actually catchup with the GR Supras and Corvettes despite it trying to murder me with the wheel spin even at TCS 1.
Last time I checked most of the EMEA top 10 was in the GT-R

The GT-R is the meta car for Race B, but some Huracans have appeared on the EMEA leaderboard. Mid-engine cars are really strong from the bridge through to the back straight, and although the GT-R is good through the esses at the end of the lap the MR cars are close.

Last edited:
Yeah, OGR is a loosely associated team in Oceania. Mostly ok, but I've noticed a lot of them suffer from lag. They seem to have a lot of them enter the same race every now and then when it is something they really like. Just like any other groups, some good, some ok, some reckless.

Loose nickname was Old Guys Racing last Inheard.
Haven't had a trouble with that team. A couple say hello, each time I'm in a room with them.
I did a little research on the group and they did used that nickname and have a YouTube channel with highlights from other members of the group. I had an incident between one of them and this was the result:
14F09241-3F20-4A7C-9A60-E30BA0463ED0_1_105_c.jpeg

I find it weird that he was leading the entire race and never had made contact with me.
They also love to use the word "dog" a lot apparently.
Last time I checked most of the EMEA top 10 was in the GT-R
The GT-R is the meta car for Race B, but some Huracans have appeared on the EMEA leaderboard. Mid-engine cars are really strong from the bridge through to the back straight, and although the GT-R is good through the esses at the end of the lap the MR cars are close.
It is the same case for the Asia/Oceania region. It's just that I only find a few people using it at every race I joined so far.
0D59B002-B13C-42F3-889D-780EB40EED2C_1_105_c.jpeg

Got some c action in today on my B/S alt. It’s amazing how many people are pitting. Yes, tire wear is tough but it should be a no brained to them at the end of the race when you look at the results and see that P1-3 did not pit.

The only thing in the lower lobbies is to exercise self control in the sense of letting the alpha males through if they try to dive bomb or barge-pass you. It’s ok….they’ll be spun off the track in a lap anyways.

I’m haven’t worked on my qually at all, but my first couple races I did a non-q from the back and ended up top 5 each time by doing a no pit and staying out of trouble. Once I established a mediocre qually, I haven’t finished off the podium as long as I stay consistent, take conservative braking points from the beginning of the race and stay out of trouble.

Might log onto the main later tonight to see how the A class races are. All my races have been on my not so secret weapon anymore, the 458. Nail your exits in Casio and Spoon, and the Slophy’s won’t stand a chance
The 458 is indeed solid in this race... I was not able to catch one that I had tailed all race, after really taking good care of my tires in the Trophy. Seeded really good on the main straight. I'm intrigued to try it. Always wanted to be able to run well in one, maybe this is the race to give it a shot.
I know, right?! I hate it when someone is defending like mad and then just pulls into the pits after holding you (both) up!
I out performed Meganes in my race with the Cayman. 16/19 to finish P5. It's faster in a straight-line and the rear end comes around with control all race. At the start, I had one on my tail, but I pulled away each lap. I think the Cayman gearing, really helps at this circuit.
Caught up to a different Slophy struggling with the rear. Passed it at the hairpin and accelerated away. Very fast into T1 late in the race and through the esses.
I like this idea... I'm usually pretty fast in the Cayman at Suzuka but haven't even tried it yet. It's SO FAST into T1, you're right! Just a dab on the brakes while adding back in throttle through the first kink, push it hard to the outside curb on the entry to the longer T2, and then slowly balance it back on the throttle til that green part on the inside curb. I am always pulling yards on people in that section when racing the Cayman there... and it's good on tires if you keep the weight balanced in the esses. I'll have to give this a try now too.

I could run Suzuka all day... the flow is mesmerizing and in a race like this where everyone needs to protect tires, it's a really satisfying, more realistic race, and it's as fun hitting your marks and logging consistent lap times as it is dicing it up with people.

Last edited:
I did a little research on the group and they did used that nickname and have a YouTube channel with highlights from other members of the group. I had an incident between one of them and this was the result:
View attachment 1072139

I find it weird that he was leading the entire race and never had made contact with me.
They also love to use the word "dog" a lot apparently.

It is the same case for the Asia/Oceania region. It's just that I only find a few people using it at every race I joined so far.
What I'm taking from this is that if I was in Oceania with my 2:06.9 qualifying time I'd easily be A+

:'(

Either way, has anyone know about the other users with the "OGR" tag on their names? They seem to be engaging with the races quite a lot.
I also tend to end up being queued with those dudes as well with their Rockstar Energy Drink themed cars.

As mentioned by someone else here, some are alright and some are reckless/aggressive but for the most part I tend to get some good racing from them.

Suzuka is one of my favorite tracks in this game. Nice and technical with a good flow. Under the old penalty system it was great. Unfortunately with this system, I think it’s going to be a punt fest in anything below A/S lobbies.

Regardless, I’m liking that we’re finally getting a race C with some strategy involved. Seems like it’s been a while. I’ll be out there in my beloved 458 and the trusty Slophy all week. Mainly on the Euro alt until I can get my qually down 😂
Yes, I like it too, but if i'm driving a high powered car, then the hairpin turns will be difficult. I ran into the wall a few times and got a barrier penalty. Frustrating sometimes.

It is meta.
There were a fair few about on Monday. Perhaps after a day or 2 people are trying other cars.

Did 1 Race A this evening. Started pole/finished 3rd. Very fun race.

This is after I d/led Tennis World Tour 2 and got wailed on by Rafael Nadal for about an hour. So it felt good. 😁
Sorry about the hairpin on the final lap. I was not planning to dive to your inside like that, but I braked a tiny bit too late, and was just swerving to miss you. I was kinda hoping you would undercut me on the exit, and take the spot back.
Good race. 👍

Sorry about the hairpin on the final lap. I was not planning to dive to your inside like that, but I braked a tiny bit too late, and was just swerving to miss you. I was kinda hoping you would undercut me on the exit, and take the spot back.
Good race. 👍
It felt at the time like you passed me then slowed the car in front down for me. You didn't need to. We had the better cars.

It all worked out OK. i had a great drag race on the final stretch. And judging from post race comments, I think they had a fun race too. :D

Back