"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Race A is super obviously the GR86 but I'm curious what the Race C car is. Only 5 laps in what's presumably a ~20-25 minute race means we're probably looking at something on the slower side. For comparison, GTE cars put up around 3:50 at the last running.

Probably not most of the VGTs. My guess is one of the Nostalgia 1979 cars, but not the actual fast ones. Stuff like the Renault R8 Gordini.
Well, this was completely wrong.

Love taking the X2019 flat out through Porsche curves, but my goodness, this car is miserable if you spin your tyres even once. Look at it wrong when accelerating and you're suddenly facing the wrong way.

Next week's dailies:

Race A: N100 @ Brands Indy | 6 laps | SH
Race B: Gr.4 @ Nürburgring GP | 3 laps | RM
Race C: Gr.3 @ Mount Panorama | 9 laps | RS/RM | Tyres x7 | Fuel x2
Obviously Mt Panorama is the pick next week.

As a general observation, the C races seem to be getting shorter. This week's could easily be 6 laps instead of 5 (most of my lobbies are finishing in sub 17 minutes). Bathurst with Soft/Med tyres is likely to be sub 21 minutes. Is there some reason PD aren't making these a lap or two longer?

A couple of tips for the Porsche curves specifically;

Be brave.
Turn-in is at the end of the green stuff on the left.
Try and hug the inside of the first right as best you can while flat out.
Use steering inputs as constant as possible, particularly through the double left hander
Hug the right on the way out, partial lift is usually necessary unless you absolutely nail the line.
Despite the awesome advice, I can't get the entry right on a constant basis. I had a good run once and got an off track penalty after the curves and it absolutely deflated me. I'm going to give it one more shot tomorrow and if I can't get it, I'll put it aside for now and try at another time. I think this combo is a bit beyond my skill set right now.
Race C: Gr.3 @ Mount Panorama | 9 laps | RS/RM | Tyres x7 | Fuel x2
This should be good. My only concern is the potential log jam going through the downhill section. I skipped the last time when Gr.3 was at Panorama so I don't know if it will be a problem.

In what universe should this result in a red SR post race? These are the only “incidents” from this race. No track limits penalties either.

Despite the awesome advice, I can't get the entry right on a constant basis. I had a good run once and got an off track penalty after the curves and it absolutely deflated me. I'm going to give it one more shot tomorrow and if I can't get it, I'll put it aside for now and try at another time. I think this combo is a bit beyond my skill set right now.

This should be good. My only concern is the potential log jam going through the downhill section. I skipped the last time when Gr.3 was at Panorama so I don't know if it will be a problem.

What BB are you using for Le Mans? Anything beyond -3 will make it impossible to take Porsche flat out.

Last edited:
6D77F341-95CF-4BE0-9823-F06ABCDBB344.jpeg
Solved 😂, daily C is love/hate.. !!! LOL 😝

Struggling at Interlagos, power cars won't turn in for me and cars that turn in are nervous or underpowered. Beetle FEELS great but get gobbled up under full throttle. In the end I revert back to the Aston, get a decent run out of Senna S and it EATS cars into T3, also therefore great for defending, especially against....beetles. You can hog the inside relentlessly and they just do not have the power to pass, if you can take me on the outside then all the power to you.

I am about half a second a lap off mid tier A drivers, I just cannot quite keep up and only pick up places when guys bork each other or fall off the road.

Last edited:
Struggling at Interlagos, power cars won't turn in for me and cars that turn in are nervous or underpowered. Beetle FEELS great but get gobbled up under full throttle. In the end I revert back to the Aston, get a decent run out of Senna S and it EATS cars into T3, also therefore great for defending, especially against....beetles. You can hog the inside relentlessly and they just do not have the power to pass, if you can take me on the outside then all the power to you.

I am about half a second a lap off mid tier A drivers, I just cannot quite keep up and only pick up places when guys bork each other or fall off the road.
I am having the exact same struggle this week. I've never been great @ Interlagos and just having issues picking the right car. Started in the Evo and moved to the Beetle because it just feels so good, but just not quick enough. Maybe I'll go back to the Aston, or even the Mustang. It's one of the only tracks in GTS where I feel like everyone has figured something out that I haven't, just can't get good pace around this track.

I am having the exact same struggle this week. I've never been great @ Interlagos and just having issues picking the right car. Started in the Evo and moved to the Beetle because it just feels so good, but just not quick enough. Maybe I'll go back to the Aston, or even the Mustang. It's one of the only tracks in GTS where I feel like everyone has figured something out that I haven't, just can't get good pace around this track.
The RCZ is a good choice here, as is the Genesis.

The RCZ is a good choice here, as is the Genesis.
Thank you. I did try the RCZ and really couldn't get in a good rhythm with it, but I am fond of the Genesis and will definitley give that a try.

What's tough for me is that I don't have much time to play and when I do I want to race, not just run a bunch of qualifying laps. with so many GT3 cars it's hard to give them all a fair shot before choosing something and getting stuck in the cycle of not wanting to miss a start. Would love to have more time and run laps with multiple cars, just not an option right now. At times I almost with the would just spec a GT3 garage car and let us go at it, that would certainly level the field.

Thank you. I did try the RCZ and really couldn't get in a good rhythm with it, but I am fond of the Genesis and will definitley give that a try.

What's tough for me is that I don't have much time to play and when I do I want to race, not just run a bunch of qualifying laps. with so many GT3 cars it's hard to give them all a fair shot before choosing something and getting stuck in the cycle of not wanting to miss a start. Would love to have more time and run laps with multiple cars, just not an option right now. At times I almost with the would just spec a GT3 garage car and let us go at it, that would certainly level the field.
I ran a bunch of qualifying laps last night in the Genesis first and then the RCZ. Had them both within about 0.030 of each other (1:31:78X/1:31:80X). I'm not that much of a rapid driver, but those two have certainly been a strong choice for me here in the past.

I ran a bunch of qualifying laps last night in the Genesis first and then the RCZ. Had them both within about 0.030 of each other (1:31:78X/1:31:80X). I'm not that much of a rapid driver, but those two have certainly been a strong choice for me here in the past.
Will definitely give the Genesis a run tonight before racing (I always seem to forget how good it is...). I'm down to a 1:31.5xx in the Evo, but in race felt better with the Beetle where I was only able to lap around 1:31.7xx. Hopefully the Genesis works out, thanks for the tip.

I am at a 31.1 in the Aston, 31.4 in the beetle, 31.3 in the Ford GT, 31.4 in the Hyundai and 31.2 in the Lancer. The Aston races better as it has the grunt as described above. I just cannot find that sub 31 in qualifying and in the race I am starting about 13th of 16 and being dropped at about half a second a lap unless there are incidents.

The Lancer feels OUTSTANDING but have not raced with it as it is gutless out of the final turn. But I can turn a 44.6 in the second sector and I cannot do a sub 45 with any other car.

I also find the Aston and the Hyundai REALLY hard on my left thumb, the understeer means I am holding that left D-pad button hard almost constantly and my hand cramps up after a couple laps.

Last edited:
I am at a 31.1 in the Aston, 31.4 in the beetle, 31.3 in the Ford GT, 31.4 in the Hyundai and 31.2 in the Lancer. The Aston races better as it has the grunt as described above. I just cannot find that sub 31 in qualifying and in the race I am starting about 13th of 16 and being dropped at about half a second a lap unless there are incidents.

The Lancer feels OUTSTANDING but have not raced with it as it is gutless out of the final turn. But I can turn a 44.6 in the second sector and I cannot do a sub 45 with any other car.

I also find the Aston and the Hyundai REALLY hard on my left thumb, the understeer means I am holding that left D-pad button hard almost constantly and my hand cramps up after a couple laps.
I've notice the same being a D-Pad user, this race really hurts! That's one of the reasons I was using the Beetle, it's slow but seems to drive itself for the most part and was much less effort. Problem is I'm starting in the bottom of the pack and not making much progress thus my DR is suffering a bit this week...

I'm enjoying the fun and challenge of Daily Race C at Lemans more than any other Daily I've raced... what a thrill to race in that car on that track. It's a challenge just in terms of managing the car and pace, but then add in some clean racing opportunities from time to time and it's other-level goodness compared to the usual in Dailies. Just earning a top 10 in the top split in NA/SA is rewarding. Takes race craft, patience, concentration, and every tenth matters for the whole race. It's insane to think that this is the same speed and pace that the real LMP1 guys are running at Lemans... I don't know how they do it with mixed classes in the way and the real consequences of mistakes. My palms are sweating after 20 minutes of it in my living room.

For the most part, just keeping clean the whole race was worth 3-5 positions each race so far, without engaging anyone to pass on pace. Managing my tires to have good exits the last lap and a half while others were spinning behind me after gaining on me was worth one alone, in most races.

But when you do end up racing, you really have to think your way through it and then work like H@#$ to protect your position if you get around. It's genuine racing, compared to most GTS Dailies. I shared a replay on my GTS Community feed, where four of us were fighting for 6th-10th and things got a bit wild on the last lap, but ultimately I was able to keep 7th after making a move earlier on the last lap.

Really unexpected fun, as I was only dabbling in it to see if I could even sniff my K' target time (still a second off with what I think is a competitive 3:18... what a challenge in itself). Hope to get a few more in.

What BB are you using for Le Mans? Anything beyond -3 will make it impossible to take Porsche flat out.
Not sure I understand how the brake balance affects driving flat out?!? I'm not touching the brakes at all through Porsche, at most a confidence tap to turn in the right hander at the end / Ford chicane section starts. (Maison Blanche)

Last edited:
At race C, I had my brakes at -3 all day yesterday. Near the end of the races, I was struggling with accelerating away from the corners.
Today, I've done 2 races with the brakes set to -4, and have noticed an improvement in rear grip on the final lap. 👍

Last edited:
I've notice the same being a D-Pad user, this race really hurts! That's one of the reasons I was using the Beetle, it's slow but seems to drive itself for the most part and was much less effort. Problem is I'm starting in the bottom of the pack and not making much progress thus my DR is suffering a bit this week...
If we do it with a numb hand does it feel like someone else is doing it :confused::confused:

I may get a chance to race tonight.
If I’m able, it will be in the Mustang, from the back.

At your pace, you will finish above mid pack. There's a LOT of squabbling from say P7 to P13, if you clear that you will be faster than them....IF you clear it. I have no idea how you guys go faster in the stang than the Aston or Merc at about any track. As in, either the merc or aston, depending on the track, will be faster than the stang every time.

At race C, I had my brakes at -3 all day yesterday. Near the end of the races, I was struggling with accelerating away from the corners.
Today, I've done 2 races with the brakes set to -4, and have noticed an improvement in rear grip on the final lap. 👍
Ahh, I think I understand. You're managing the tire temps by biasing the brakes to the front to keep the rears cooler for when applying the power. That, I understand. And yeah, as I mentioned, just keeping them in the optimal range and the wear down for the first four laps is worth a position on the final lap in many cases. Good point. Hadn't thought about the temp effect from braking, but I'm comfortable with the throttle-on management (without TCS... though in a few races I clicked it to 1 on the final lap as a comfort blanket) and the BB at 0 so I'm not sure I am up for re-calibrating it all now. Especially as I've found a bunch of any remaining speed gains in even later braking than I thought possible.

Back