"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
3 races with 2 incredibly dirty lobbies tonight. I get it’s a short race, but opportunities will open eventually.

Race 1 I start P9 but am too timid in the opening lap and I fall behind, but still in the mix of a pack. It was honestly good racing with incidental contact, but I could not find an opening to make a safe pass. Yeah, I could have thrown myself up the inside of others and dive-bomb away but that’s not good driving. I did have an opportunity coming out of the final corner on lap 3 when the 4 drivers in front of me all come together and slow down enough for me to gain some spots. I chose the wrong spot to make my move and one of the cars hits the barrier and shoots directly in my path. Whatever, that happens all the time in racing. I can’t be mad at that.

Races 2 and 3 are full of the dirtiest drivers I’ve ever had the displeasure racing with. Race 2 had two separate drivers try and shove me into the wall on lap 1 on the “backstretch” leading to the bridge section. Total bedlam everywhere. I’m trying to make my lines but I’m being pin-balled around and that makes it hard. I also got an off-track penalty as insult to injury.

Surely, race 3 won’t be the same? This time I got punted on lap 1 and dropped to P15 of 16. I just chill and finish the race and wonder why all the crazies came out today. Checking the replay, I don’t think anyone was clean in the lobby the entire race. I’m kind of glad I wasn’t a part of it, and I could just do my thing.

After losing a little over 1800 in DR through 3 races I’m done this week. I was hoping to have some better results like on Wednesday, but the impatient idiots ruined that for me. Which is a shame as this combo is great like I said. I can’t have any fun with dirty racing like I just experienced.

I finally had a clean Race C last night! All it took was me absolutely tanking my DR with disconnects from constantly being punted off-track all week. Seriously, I've probably had more DNFs this week than I have in the previous two years. I think I've actually gotten to the point that I really don't care about my DR anymore so I feel absolutely free to disconnect and walk away for a few hours after three punts send me from P5 to DFL.

Edit: Oh, yeah - the clean race! I was so happy by the end of it that not only did I effusively congratulate the guy that beat me, I sent him a friend request! It was some tight racing the entire the last few laps - we created a pretty healthy gap back to the field and it took me most of the race to close the gap after a shortcut penalty L1 - and we swapped places three or four times without any contact but he won out in the win. I was more than happy to lose to the guy even though I was probably slightly faster than him in terms of pure pace.

Last edited:
Had an absolute BELTER of a race with the white WRX, perfect racing, i think we both gave good space and raced properly, even if i stupidly hit the dang wall. The green car was considerably faster so i did not bother trying too hard to defend.

In the end, gained near 2k this week but was saved by my qualy speed, in race, i simply COULD NOT get the car to tuck in and hit apexes, especially changes of direction. You can see in the video, at times I am hit because my mid corner speed is so atrocious, especially the first right hander of sector 2 where i was getting massacred all week. Even the end of S1, the right hander exit from the stadium section, CANNOT rotate the car, just cannot.

Last edited:
I would have played all week on B and C 3 months ago. Now, with no penalty system and the degraded driving it brought? Nope. Skipping that. Both Interlagos and Laguna Seca are so easy to drive dirty on
Gr 4 Interlagos was a nightmare even with a penalty system. I might do a few rounds just for the fun of knowing what it's like to drive a spike into my own head...

Bloody annoying was running in 3rd on daily race c last corner last lap everyone got desperate got piled into by 6 cars turned round ended up 9th! Not a single person got a penalty. Turned off the ps4 after that, was so angry!
There are no contact penalties anymore. None.

Apparently I need to learn fair play and how to drive.. (first couple of laps)

In the following race the same chap punted everyone off, then brake checked me on the start/finish line - except he mucked it up and then tried a side-swipe instead (about 1:30 in the clip) which he also mucked up and slammed himself in the pit wall.

Last edited:
Ran a "C", just now. Started 8th. 1st turn, I get punted by some a-hole in a BMW, almost to the barrier, and got reset. I rejoin down in 12th. I make my way back up to 8th and am close behind a WRX. We go a few laps and are within a second of each other. Behind, nobody's is close as they're about 5 seconds back. I make a clean pass going through a turn. At the chicane, he decides to hit me. I don't go off track, but it screws up my timing and I have to stay on the brakes longer than normal. My exit speed isn't what it should be and he makes a pass going through the final turn. I catch him and pass him, again. Next lap, he runs a bit wide at turn 2. That allows me to get some distance from him, and for the person behind to catch up to him. They battle a bit, and I start to pull away. We're on lap 7 by this time. Their battling causes one of them to make a mistake and the other one pulls away. He gets into my slipstream and uses that to catch up to me. I hold him off through lap 8 and most of lap 9. Someone DCs/rage quits and we all move up a spot (I'm into 6th at this point). At the chicane.....AGAIN.....he hits me. I actually go past the 1st turn of the chicane and have to cut the corner on the 2nd part. I was afraid I was going to get a penalty, but thankfully I didn't. Still, it slows me way down as I stay on the brakes longer than needed, again, and he was able to easily pass me going through the final turn, again.

It was idiotic because it wasn't for the win or even for a podium spot. We were in 6th and 7th respectively. We finish in those same spots, except for him in 6th and me in 7th. I should've saved the replay, but I got aggravated after the race and just left.

The Nissan GT-R is quick and a way more fun if you like a car that wobbles and lurches at high speed. :)
I think I like it more for this track than the Supra, thanks for the rec.

Laguna next week is an interesting choice, but not sure I want to give it a shot. It's a hell of a twisty track.

What can I say, I really like winning 😇
17cac42b00f73-f95281CFB00BE0DB269.2CB232D9B4EA0EB9_message_418554237254286_1634977489274.jpg

Last edited:
Ran 1 final "B" race before bed. I started 14th, finished 12th, but it wasn't because of my driving ability. Twice I got put into a wall. The only reason I finished 2 spots up is due to others either DCing or quitting. Also, twice I had someone glitch really bad right in front of me. Once was while in a high-speed corner. That caused me to lose a ton of time. One of them, I was driving along and then suddenly there was another car, sideways, in front of me. I hit the brakes, but it didn't help. I hit them even they were a ghost. I don't know how that's possible, but I heard and felt the hit.

I just don't get it. If I make a mistake and cause someone else to run off the track, hit a wall/barrier, or otherwise lose time or a position, I let them pass me back. It's what you're supposed to do. It's called being a good sport. But I guess nobody else cares about that and they just there for them and to hell with everyone else. Also, people not getting a penalty for running/hitting someone so they go off the track is just straight up BS. I get hit so many times and no one has ever received a penalty because of it.

So Interlagos GR4, it's OK but overdone might see how the driving is
Laguna Seca GR3 with another mandatory stop. Got to see if that makes things interesting (like last time) or makes no odds here??? Pretty sure 13 laps on hards will be a breeze (apart from some MRs like the Ferrari) so it's a pit when you want to again.

And here I am with 1 win. Hell, I've only got like 2 or 3 podium finishes; maybe that many top 5s, and about 5 top-10 finishes.

Basically, I suck as a competitor.
Most people don't win man, that's just how it is. I have 4 wins in 2 years, plenty of seconds and top 5's generally though. As long as you are 'competing' to a level you enjoy racing at then you don't suck as a competitor.

Some people are just that good, rest of us are there to have fun.

I had a good few clean races and 4 wins at Brands, so I though I'd try my other account and maybe scrape closer to an A rating.

Stupid me.

Dirtiest races of the whole week, even with a grid of mostly A and A+ drivers. Pffft.

Last edited:
Back