"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I avoid modulating if I can, hence the lines I described allow you to get on the throttle hard. Braking is no issue, quick release then press again works and helps to rotate.

But you can see where I struggle from the trackn list above, without big stops I struggle. I modulate the gas and turning by tapping but yeah it is crude to say the least. I can also feel guys I am racing shake their heads as I take the bit longer to get on the gas so the often bump me mid corner.

Next week …… shockingly poor
Race C ….. Just a time trial featuring mobile chicanes on a piece of tarmac totally unsuitable for ”racing” modern day cars. It never ceases to amaze me how popular this monstrosity appears to be.

Just my 2c. Not a happy camper.

Stay safe.

Did you ever drive at Nürburgring in real life? For me, this track shows how far from reality we really are, when on the PS4. the feeling of the speed you are running is simply close to non existing, but at least 'useless'. when I did some laps there, I was reminded of the game , maybe like 4 times in a 23,* km lap. I actually felt better on the real steering wheel, than on the controller. the road is occasionally so life-e dangering bumpy or leans to one side, tempering to make you counter steer, if you do...just don't. BUT, at least you kinda foresee and expect that behaviour of the car, on the real track. in game, for me, it's all to artificial. if I could run the same car on the real and the gran turismo Nürburgring, I'm sure I would be much faster in reality. ....well I think it's hard to explain, anyway I'm not enjoying the N24 in the dailies.

Last edited:
Did you ever drive at Nürburgring in real life? For me, this track shows how far from reality we really are, when on the PS4. the feeling of the speed you are running is simply close to non existing, but at least 'useless'. when I did some laps there, I was reminded of the game , maybe like 4 times in a 23,* km lap. I actually felt better on the real steering wheel, than on the controller. the road is occasionally so life-e dangering bumpy or leans to one side, tempering to make you counter steer, if you do...just don't. BUT, at least you kinda foresee and expect that behaviour of the car, on the real track. in game, for me, it's all to artificial. if I could run the same car on the real and the gran turismo Nürburgring, I'm sure I would be much faster in reality. ....well I think it's hard to explain, anyway I'm not enjoying the N24 in the dailies.
Been 2 times on the Ring (once with rental and second time with my own car), and I feel the same.
Track is so different in RL. Of course you can not feel the elevations etc in the game, but what bugs me the most, is that the real track is much wider than in the game version.
Will test few races for sure, but not really hyped when this combo comes up. :lol: :cheers:

After looking at the dailies for this week, seems like this is a good opportunity to rebuild my DR for my main account to at least 60K pts via doing either Daily B or C.

As for today I focused on Daily Race A via my alt since I haven't done a Megane one make daily yet and after like 4 attempts (most of them being a top 5 finish), I managed to get a dub in this track for the first time.

The combination is alright by me but its like there are some things where it made me learn about the Megane's performance and handling in order to maximize its capability around Suzuka East.

With that said now that I'm done for today, tomorrow onwards I'll be doing either Daily Race B or C.

Well since I like N24, although it's better in slower cars. I thought I'd try this week. 4 fights later I'm out. I even qualified and was on pole yet couldn't make the first corner clean. Good luck everyone I think that's enough for me though. Might be back in a year or so if there ever is a pen sys. Definitely won't be getting GT7 though, not in this state.

There are some things in GTS that I'd forgotten about in the year and a half I was without a console. I did not remember how bad the dailies can be. 3 races today, 3 DNF's. First race the game kicks me out at the starting line. 2nd race the game freezes and I have to shut it down. 3rd race I see teleporting just before I get booted again. 2000 driver points lost and my SR is down 18 points. Never even completed a lap.

I checked my internet speed, connection, and deleted the cache before each race. Did not make a difference. I've had bad luck, but never three races in a row.

It's basically been a month since I've been able to play GTS, so I'm more than a little rusty. Race B this morning - other than being a SR killer - has found me managing things I've never been able to do before: Oversteering a FF car.

I won't be able to cut up and upload the replay until after work tonight but any ideas how I'm managing that? To my understanding, it's not snap oversteer. Snap oversteer happens when you lift off the throttle in a corner, right? It happened to me three times this morning and all three times it happened when I put the throttle down to exit the corner. It be one thing if I was in a Supra or Audi or something similar but I was driving a freaking Sirocco for Christ's sake.

It's basically been a month since I've been able to play GTS, so I'm more than a little rusty. Race B this morning - other than being a SR killer - has found me managing things I've never been able to do before: Oversteering a FF car.

I won't be able to cut up and upload the replay until after work tonight but any ideas how I'm managing that? To my understanding, it's not snap oversteer. Snap oversteer happens when you lift off the throttle in a corner, right? It happened to me three times this morning and all three times it happened when I put the throttle down to exit the corner. It be one thing if I was in a Supra or Audi or something similar but I was driving a freaking Sirocco for Christ's sake.
Probably a timing thing. Happens to me when switching cars. ie going from a Gr. 1 car then switch to a N200 or vice versa.

For a bad time, do a few laps in Gr 3/4 car, then try the TVR. :lol:

The really weird thing about that is in earlier GT's this car had super grip, even on hard tires. I don't remember GT6, but when I jumped into this in GTS it was like, woah, what the heck happened?
Been a while since I've played the older ones.

TVR is "fun" to drive. But it's quirky. It stands out in GTS I think because most of the cars are BOPed.

4 races total and I'm already down 3k DR!!!! Its all good tho, this weeks combos weren't conducive for me. Refuse to drive any FF cars.... so I'm iced outta race B. So I've surmised I'll dedicate my time to NBG to get more acquainted with the track. The time investment will be well worth the DR loss for future races in GTS and GT7.

Plus, the silver lining to the cloud is I'll be in much lower lobbies for Wednesday's FIA!!

Blimey! Just won Race B in a Jag - the only non FF car on the grid! CRB and fastest lap too 😳

Started 3rd, down to 4th. 1st and 2nd places both had offs and I had a good fight with the remaining driver - much punting going on behind I think, which gave a bit of breathing space from the rest of the pack.

I was thinking 3 laps was too few, but one more lap and I would likely have been 2nd.😂

Ended up trying a Race C. With a QT of 8:18.4. Started pole. Was surprised by that. Finished 3rd.

Made a few small mistakes. Need to smooth it out more. Should have been more careful on the 2nd lap. Was too focused on the race to look at the tires, until I nearly bit it.

Going to head out in the Supra for some laps tonight to see how that compares against the FF's in Race B. Realised I've barely used it and I've found a sweet new livery to make, so that'll be my Gr.4 car for the week. Race C... Hmmm... Kudosprime random car choice gives me the Walkenhorst M6 - I think that'll work well!

Been 2 times on the Ring (once with rental and second time with my own car), and I feel the same.
Track is so different in RL. Of course you can not feel the elevations etc in the game, but what bugs me the most, is that the real track is much wider than in the game version.
Will test few races for sure, but not really hyped when this combo comes up. :lol: :cheers:
the track is wider.
I also wanted to write that,but I felt like I shouldn't. you know, like they record all exhaust notes of real cars and convert them for the game, I was sure that they converted the measurements of the track. but thanks to your comment, I guess they didn't.

I was quite surprised to see the overall reception of Race C. I thought it was fine for me, a mix of concentration and survival. However, the race I had yesterday was interesting due to one player in the green Huracan. It had qualified at the top 3 spot and when the race began, it slowed down purposely for no reason.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20211122175504.png

Eventually throughout the race, the green Huracan made its own challenge to get back a few positions in an aggressive manner.

Eventually it crashed with a barrier and received a 1.5 second penalty, never returning to its original position. The funny thing is, this was not the first time it had happen. The last time from what I remembered was back at LeMans with the classic Gr.1 cars, from the same driver!

You are right about the track being wider. But it's not by much....
The major difference is when you are on the ring IRL you are not pushing the envelope and if you happen to come up behind a slower car you flash your lights, they use their indicator and you pass on the left.
In game they stay in the middle....

Last edited:
You are right about the track being wider. But it's not by much....
The major difference is when you are on the ring IRL you are not pushing the envelope and if you happen to come up behind a slower car you flash your lights, they use their indicator and you pass on the left.
In game they stay in the middle....
I think there's definitely an element of perception going on with the track width. I'm sure they've not made it half the width! It's probably slightly smaller due to modelling constraints within the software, basically to bring data usage down on such an enormous model, but even if it is, it shouldn't be so small that it feels completely different. If you watch the GT3 races they have there, it's not like they're going side-by-side through all the corners, they also battle in single file as we do if we're racing respectfully, waiting for the right moment and the right section of track (because there aren't that many of them!).

Last edited:
Back