(Delayed talk) Is Gran Turismo Sport still the racing game it once was?

• Thread starter Heavyduke
  • 128 comments

Will you stay with GTS or no?

• Total voters
I was talking about realism, physics and difficulty level. Of course all based about trailers and players impressions
Which all games have variations of, and are not like for like. What makes it similar to PC and AC is the focus of the game. It's more in line with what those two are aiming for rather than the less restricted, open feel of what FM currently is, and what GT used to be.

You missed the point entirely. True or not is irrelevant. It's childish it is to bring up someone's postings on another forum over to GTP. "I'm not the only one who knows about it". You realize that's stalker talk right? You should really keep that stuff for PM's mate.

You have been following me around, I almost can always guessed it right that you would quote me or commenting on my profile, that's not stalking right ? Saying more than one person knows about something is stalker talk, okay.

Please don't call me mate, I have seen many things here and I don't want to be your mate. I can guess you will post on my profile again soon ...

You have been following me around, I almost can always guessed it right that you would quote me or commenting on my profile, that's not stalking right ? Saying more than one person knows about something is stalker talk, okay.

Please don't call me mate, I have seen many things here and I don't want to be your mate. I can guess you will post on my profile again soon ...
It's a discussion forum. Any visible posting is fair game to anyone to respond to. I post on many profiles and many threads.

No, that would not be stalking, you're posting publicly on the very same forum for everyone to see, so if someone replies to you its because they are in the thread reading it. It's not the same as following someone around hiding in the shadows and bringing things they do outside of the original area you've interacted with them to light. That's where it becomes weird.

No, that would not be stalking, you're posting publicly on the very same forum for everyone to see, so if someone replies to you its because they are in the thread reading it. It's not the same as following someone around hiding in the shadows and bringing things they do outside of the original area you've interacted with them to light. That's where it becomes weird.

Repetitive/frequent that can lead to being called stalking ? At least that's what stalking means that I understand.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Maybe it should just be dropped though, because it has very little to do with anything relevant.

Okay, maybe fixation is better word ? I lived in different culture than the west, so that may make me said things differently.

It's a discussion forum. Any visible posting is fair game to anyone to respond to. I post on many profiles and many threads.

JP - What am I missing? Did one of the people from my ignore list come out of the woodwork for an additional attack? I know that there are four haters out there. Makes me not miss this site one bit.

To those in this thread, apologies for the word "sheep." Didn't realize so many would take offence to that. I'll go back and remove it.

JP - What am I missing? Did one of the people from my ignore list come out of the woodwork for an additional attack? I know that there are four haters out there. Makes me not miss this site one bit.

To those in this thread, apologies for the word "sheep." Didn't realize so many would take offence to that. I'll go back and remove it.
Pretty sure it was the use of the word "sheep" to describe people who will buy the game regardless.:lol: Although they taste very good and make for good sweaters and toques, most people don't want to be referred to as sheep:sly:

I thought that you retired from sim racing a while ago. But I guess you're still here and still enjoy following me around? By the way, I did not bring you into this, you did.

I thought that you retired from sim racing a while ago. Yes, I did, but I did not "retire" from these forums.

But I guess you're still here and still enjoy following me around? Again yes, still here but don't flatter yourself, you are the last person I would follow around....better things to do with my time.

By the way, I did not bring you into this, you did You are correct, I did bring myself into this discussion....your point?

One: Please don't stalk me.
Two: It's kind of cute that you think you can somehow browbeat me into the opinions that you want me to have by threatening to withdraw your respect of me.
Three: A like is a very, very vague sort of response to a post. To me at least, it does not mean "I totally agree with everything said in this post and would like to subscribe to this poster's newsletter". For me, it can be as simple as "I think this poster makes an interesting point".

In that particular case, I don't agree that the poll results mean that 80+% of people are sheep. On the other hand, I'm pretty strongly against the current pre-order culture and I think that poll is a good example of people nailing their colours to a post for no particularly good reason. 50% of people still willing to stick with a game without reservations after it has shown notable development difficulties seems a bit weird. Especially given that we now don't have a time frame for it, and it probably invalidates most of the actual gameplay that we've seen so far.

I probably wouldn't go so far as to call those people sheep, but I find that I pretty strongly agree with the sentiment. At least half the people who voted are voting with their emotions rather than their heads. If paying $60 for a box with Gran Turismo on it gives them value, then so be it. But I think the sensible response, even from the most die-hard of die-hard fans of the game should be "I'm still really excited for it, but I'm waiting for more information about the release and final game".

Being on board for GTS at this point is about as sensible as being on board for GT9.

P.S. You can't make an insult not insulting by claiming it isn't an insult. If you're going to say something, have the testicular fortitude not to hide behind qualifiers that are obviously false. I'm a worse person than you thought I was.
Oh. See, I thought you were liking the post because you agreed with the whole "sheep" thing. We good then. :cheers:

I'm gonna drop my opinion in here.
I expected GT Sport to be delayed, most of the GT games have had delays so it would be a suprise if this one didn't. If I'm wrong, please correct me. & I don't know about anyone else but I love the atmosphere of the GT games. Just because the recent title wasn't that great doesn't mean the next one will be worse. Just look at Burnout 1 & 2. In my opinion, 2 was such a huge improvement I loved that game! That's just an example. But I'm not gonna give up hope on GT Sport, I've not tried it yet so I'm not gonna judge it. Again, this is just all my opinion I don't want no drama. & im gonna stick by the GT series no matter how many flaws are in the games. :-)

No, it isn't the game it once was. GT was THE racing game from 1998-2004. After GT4, things went downhill IMO. Sure, a few manufacturers were added to GT5 and GT6 but the Career mode just became a grindfest to try and accumulate enough money to buy the expensive Le Mans prototypes etc, AI was poor, sounds of the cars was not up to snuff, the whole premium/standard BS etc.

Once Forza 2 was released, that was the end of GTs dominance as the leading racing game. Once Forza 3 and Forza 4 came out, GT was severely lagging behind. The latest online focus for GTS will only help to alienate more fans. The fact that so far there doesn't seem to be any cars older than 2009 is very worrying too.

"Is Gran Turismo Sport the racing game it once was?"

Well... have any of you played it? Pretty sure none of you have. So pretty sure no-one can judge a thing.

That was my point with my first post in this thread. How can something be judged when its not even out yet. Sure, we have all seen and read the previews, but no one knows exactly what the final product will be. I really find this thread to be kind of useless to be honest. This should be something that's discussed after the game has came out, not before.

That was my point with my first post in this thread. How can something be judged when its not even out yet. Sure, we have all seen and read the previews, but no one knows exactly what the final product will be. I really find this thread to be kind of useless to be honest. This should be something that's discussed after the game has came out, not before.
Eh, not so much. We know that the old formula is kind of out the window now, and it has a focus very much like PCars. With that in mind, it can be a bit easier to compare the past of GT with the future focus they have in mind.

So much tension nowadays.

I don't mind delays, hell, I expected at least one. Do you guys really think that PD would a delay a game and decide to make it worse? You all make it seem like the end of the world.

The game will come out when it comes out.

^ I might completely focus on F1 2016. To further explain do you think GTS will reach expectations? Will it be the Gran Turismo you want?

Well the title has nothing to do with the poll but ok, if people expect another "old" style GT then they will be dissapointed...

For me it's yes because I like the whole eSports thing

I mean... It's still coming as a delayed game, and PD still isn't giving out any reasons or updates so yeah, it's still the game it once was.

I love that the title of the thread implies that because GTS has been delayed, it will be an inferior game.

The purpose of delaying a game is to either add features or iron out bugs. None of these could make the game worse IMO.

Unless the reason why many devs release games rushed and broken these days is because people love them, Right?

Just be grateful that Sony doesn't force devs to finish a game in a certain time. Because games like Sonic 06 are seen as polished classics. Oh wait...

Back