Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,244 comments
Smackdown was pretty good, the major news is that Shane McMahon is indefinitely suspended after he attacked Owens. Owens provoked him and generally poked him with a big pointy stick till Shane lost it, its all storyline of course but some people didn't get it and lost it on social media thinking he is suspended for real. Orton and Nakamura had a really good match in the main event.

Next weeks Smackdown in Vegas looks lit, Vince is making his first appearance for ages to address the Shane/Owens thing, plus there are THREE championship matches, the final of the Mae Young Classic will be live straight after.

A few things, one of which is something of a hot topic when the news broke this week

Bobby Roode took part in an NXT live event on Friday night in what was his final appearance there, he gave a speech after his match and several NXT talents gave him a generous round of applause from the stage whilst he was in-ring.

Big Show will take some time off to have minor surgery on a niggling hip problem, he was favouring his left hip after the Steel Cage match on Raw but the surgery was scheduled long before the match.

And now to the big news, this week the WWE announced that Raw will be LIVE on Christmas Day night and New Years Day night for the first time, this is apparently USA network's decision and not the WWE's and quite a few performers and their families are understandably upset about this, they usually have Christmas Day off before having a big live event at the MSG on the 26th.

So no-one else has posted here huh? OK no worries.

Been a really good couple of days for the WWE

Raw continued the good run it has had since GBOF, Strowman destroyed Brock Lesnar and John Cena. Asuka will be on Raw presumably when her injury heals.

But Smackdown is where it all kicked off!, three title matches and of which one changed hands and the best one was the Sin City Street Fight for the tag titles, and the McMahon/Owens confrontation at the end was something else, cementing Kevin Owens as the best heel in the company.

I've had a week off work this week so I watched the Mae Young Classic on the network and saw the final today, really enjoyed the whole thing, definitely some great talent involved and the way it was shot/produced was very good too , Kairi Sane is deserved winner and can see her and a few others being called up by WWE.

I was going to post in here earlier but got busied away by something, but I have a free moment at work now...

Raw was to be honest pretty darn good, the show was probably 80% solid stuff and only 10%-20% filler which is really good for a wrestling show. Reigns and Cena's feud is hot, Miz is well Miz but actually being appreciated now, Brock(HEYMAN) solid as usual, and BBRRRAAAUUUUNNNNNNN!!! Well what can you say about the best booked guy for a good few WWE years.

Smackdown was all about VKM putting over Owens like no tomorrow. The guy doesn't just take a beating for anyone.

I didn't watch Raw as I was tired, but I did see the Strowman suplex bit, which was awesome. No Mercy will be worth watching just for that match.

Smackdown was pretty good except for the Jinder promo and the women's match. As much as people may dislike some of his decisions, you have to respect Vince for what he is willing to go through for the company.

205 was worth watching just for the Gulak-Breezango bit.

NXT was decent, seems like they are in a bit of a lull at the moment with storylines. It should start getting better once the title storylines start up and we find out where they are going with the RoH faction.

The MYC finale was better than I thought it would be as I was expecting a Shayna win in order to set up the 4 Horsewomen thing, so seeing Kairi win was actually a pleasent surprise. The whole thing kind of sent a mixed message though as while they game women their own tournament, the main shows have taken a major step back with the division.

Another great manager died. Well at least Heenan is now up there with Paul Bearer and Mr.Fuji. Three great managers now together once more.

Last edited:
Bayley is back and of course has been added to the title match.

And Enzo has been killed twice, first by Braun than by Neville. I take it he still isn't popular backstage. :lol:

Raw was pretty good, I liked the video packages they showed for the two big matches on Sunday and I liked the tributes for Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan, but then again that's always one of been the WWE's strong points.

Enzo getting crushed two weeks in a row makes me :lol:!

SD Live tonight should all be about the fallout from last week.

Charlotte returned on Smackdown last night, she thanked everyone for their messages regarding Ric and was then put in a fatal four way number one contenders match for the title. Which she won...

Jinder gave another horrible promo mocking Nakamura but this time it was more controversial as he said all Japanese people looked the same.

I'd like to see that. Maybe make it a night that the corporate death grip on the talent gets loosened some.

Vaguely Wrestling Related Tidbit: WhatCulture Wrestling has "parted" with Blampied, Pacitti, Jack the Jobber, King Ross, and even editor Sam Driver. YouTube commenters are as bile-spewing as ever.

Personally, I'm just wondering why they ever ditched the Great American Bash.

DK
Personally, I'm just wondering why they ever ditched the Great American Bash.
They favored the name Capitol Punishment, which also ended up getting dropped.

Final card for No Mercy tonight

Kick-Off Show

Apollo Crews v Elias

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cruiserweight Championship
Neville (c) v Enzo Amore

Finn Balor v Bray Wyatt

Raw Tag Team Championship
Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose (c) v Cesaro & Sheamus

Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) v Jason Jordan

Raw Women's Championship-Fatal Five-Way Match
Alexa Bliss (c) v Emma v Sasha Banks v Nia Jax v Bayley

John Cena v Roman Reigns

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Braun Strowman

Will stay up to watch it, I am in work in the morning but only for a smaller shift than usual so it'll be fine, I cant wait for tonight, no idea what they'll do for the Universal title...

Jeff Hardy has an injured his right shoulder and needs surgery.

Apollo Crews v Elias

Where did this even come from? Elias I guess since I doubt they will be giving Apollo anything resembling a push any time soon.

Cruiserweight Championship
Neville (c) v Enzo Amore

I have a very bad feeling they are going to put the belt on Enzo, killing what little momentum 205 Live has.

Finn Balor v Bray Wyatt

I'm guessing Bray will win in a not-so-clean fashion.

Raw Tag Team Championship
Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose (c) v Cesaro & Sheamus

Seth & Dean as I don't see them taking the belts off them just yet.

Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) v Jason Jordan

If Jason doesn't win I don't understand the reasoning behind the whole illegitimate son gimmick.

Raw Women's Championship-Fatal Five-Way Match
Alexa Bliss (c) v Emma v Sasha Banks v Nia Jax v Bayley

This one is hard to guess as WWE hasn't done much with the Women's division lately. I'm going to predict a surprise win by Emma though in order to put the title on Asuka without her having to beat the wrestlers WWE actually cares about.

John Cena v Roman Reigns

I see no reason for Cena to win this considering it's pretty much another "passing the torch" match. The build-up has been surprisingly good though so I'm still looking towards the match.

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Braun Strowman

I have a feeling this may be the night Brock finally loses.

Cena v Roman needs to break WWE's current mold. Hating on Cena is almost cliché but still happens too much for what he has and can still do. Roman needs to show he can break the mold because he has as much charisma as I do and thinking about what I've seen of him he's been carried by almost everyone, but he's not Hogan by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not saying it has to be a New Japan match, but I don't think a standard WWE match will accomplish anything.

The Cena/Reigns match needs to be colossal. Both need to be pushed to their limits and pull out surprise offensive moves I think. Reigns needs to prove that Cena doesn't have it anymore otherwise he's dead in the water from here on out.

All the matches up until the final two were either very good or great, the stand outs were the tag title match which was superb and Cesaro needed three stitches in his mouth after losing two front teeth when he went head first into the ring-post, Cena/Reigns lived up to its billing I thought, a great match with both guys fully involved, was a bit odd that Cena couldn't put Roman away after 4 AA's including one from the top rope. Cena is definitely going away for a while after that reaction after the match and he was in tears on Raw Talk.

Last two matches then first with Enzo winning the Cruiserweight title which was horrible and I hope Neville wins it back either on Raw tonight or on 205 live tomorrow.

And then the main event, all the hype and the build up/push for Strowman and it takes just one F5 to beat him in a not great match, felt quite flat and disappointed once the show was over and the crowd were very quiet during the end of that match...

Welp, Cesaro didn't "lose" them front two teeth. They're just 3-4mm further into his gums than they were before the match. :nervous:

Been awhile since I posted here but have been keeping up.

Personally, not a fan of WWE again to make Roman get over everybody with his opponent respecting him, not only is it a cliche at this point but it clearly doesn't work. If it didn't work for Daniel Bryan, no way would've John Cena been able to do the same.

As for Enzo Amore winning the Cruiserweight Championship, while I hate it after seeing Raw, turning this into a storyline with Enzo being the new heel based on what's happening with the division was a really smart move, now I don't think Neville turned face yet but it gave a sign that who toppled the main villain was even more evil vibe.

Can't say I fully understand all this mad Enzo hate now that he won a singles belt. Why would something like that kill 205 Live? If anything, if WWE plays their cards right like RESHI said, that can make the whole show a far more interesting watch. Let's not treat Enzo's victory as if he's the Cruiserweight Roman Reigns. Because at least Enzo is legitimate funny with his speech, unlike Roman is "funny" for different reasons...

And Cesaro's injury is certainly scary. Guy can't catch a break, or a period where he doesn't break something in his body... :nervous:

Back