DRL Autobacs Japenese Touring Car Championship (JTCC) - [POSTPONED]

• Thread starter DynamicGT
  • 465 comments
Well as I've already said, I've put up an advertisement for this series to the NES squad. Hopefully some show an interest. If not, then try asking around public Gr.2 lobbies to see if anyone is interested.

Aside from that, thanks @DynamicGT once again for organizing this race in a semi-comprehensible fashion. :D

DRL Future Plans:

- JTCC Season 2 (GT Sport)
- Red Bull Junior Series (GT Sport)
- British GT (GT Sport)
- F1 (F1 2018)

*More details in the coming months*
Ok. All I'm going to say is don't get too ambitious. Right now we're struggling for members with just 1 series. I understand that this is long-term, but focus on building the community first.

Ok. All I'm going to say is don't get too ambitious. Right now we're struggling for members with just 1 series. I understand that this is long-term, but focus on building the community first.
This is just me throwing out ideas, nothing is nailed down yet as we still have to finish this season. :lol:

:lol: :lol: I have absolutely no comment to say. Oh man :lol: :lol:

By the way good win @monoha was fun chasing you down and always a fun time racing you over in the WRS too :cheers:

Thanks, I finally got a proper chance to fear the fish from behind :cheers: See you in WRS and IGTC as well!
--

A little race report from my perspective; Consistent race for me again, 1 stopper, no incidents to report.

After avoiding the carnage in the start, I was just behind @Ph1sh as expected - He was on a slow pace, so I assumed he was saving fuel going for the long game, without any time to test fuel strategy for this race, I just followed suit and saved heavily. This meant @Sophie was among us with no fuel saving in mind, so I had no reason to fight for my position. Sadly she had an incident with Ph1sh and I continued as P1 with heavy fuel save, short shifting and using map 3-6 in sector 1 while getting away from the field.

Ph1shs early pit surprized me, and I then realized he wasn't saving fuel at all, but had damage on his car - in the whole first stint! I pitted 3-4 laps after and fuelled to 100%, so I had the ability to turn up the pace when Ph1sh was getting close.

As expected, Ph1sh set an insane pace, gaining around one second every lap. I wasn't sure if he was doing this with a bit of fuel save, as I could see that I'd have around ~1 lap worth of fuel left at the finish and he had used 3-4 laps worth of fuel more than me in this stint. It was quite scary and intens for me, as it really looked like he would be able to reach me in the last couple of laps... but the relive came when I saw him pit for fuel with 2 laps to go, phew!

Couple of comments;
The careless driving in the start was worse than amateur hour and I don't hope on seeing that again.
I wasn't happy with the handling of the qualification round, but I understand it isn't easy to manage an event while also competing yourself @DynamicGT .
I also agree that penalties should be turned off, since the championship already have rules regarding track limits and time penalties with the ablility to report unclean driving - adding ingame penalties just doesn't make sense in that context.

Thanks, I finally got a proper chance to fear the fish from behind :cheers: See you in WRS and IGTC as well!
--

A little race report from my perspective; Consistent race for me again, 1 stopper, no incidents to report.

After avoiding the carnage in the start, I was just behind @Ph1sh as expected - He was on a slow pace, so I assumed he was saving fuel going for the long game, without any time to test fuel strategy for this race, I just followed suit and saved heavily. This meant @Sophie was among us with no fuel saving in mind, so I had no reason to fight for my position. Sadly she had an incident with Ph1sh and I continued as P1 with heavy fuel save, short shifting and using map 3-6 in sector 1 while getting away from the field.

Ph1shs early pit surprized me, and I then realized he wasn't saving fuel at all, but had damage on his car - in the whole first stint! I pitted 3-4 laps after and fuelled to 100%, so I had the ability to turn up the pace when Ph1sh was getting close.

As expected, Ph1sh set an insane pace, gaining around one second every lap. I wasn't sure if he was doing this with a bit of fuel save, as I could see that I'd have around ~1 lap worth of fuel left at the finish and he had used 3-4 laps worth of fuel more than me in this stint. It was quite scary and intens for me, as it really looked like he would be able to reach me in the last couple of laps... but the relive came when I saw him pit for fuel with 2 laps to go, phew!

Couple of comments;
The careless driving in the start was worse than amateur hour and I don't hope on seeing that again.
I wasn't happy with the handling of the qualification round, but I understand it isn't easy to manage an event while also competing yourself @DynamicGT .
I also agree that penalties should be turned off, since the championship already have rules regarding track limits and time penalties with the ablility to report unclean driving - adding ingame penalties just doesn't make sense in that context.
Anyone with incidents to report PM me.

It was chaotic, however I can't help but feel that that's the reason why Monza has that first chicane. 3-wide into Curva Grande at 180 MPH is suicidal

The first chicane is the worst thing that could happen in lap 1. Same thing in Oscherleben. Such a tight chicane doesn't do you a favour.

The first chicane is the worst thing that could happen in lap 1. Same thing in Oscherleben. Such a tight chicane doesn't do you a favour.
IRacing VRS GT Series L1 earlier, even the pro's have off days.

IMG_20180422_004756.jpg

Such chicanes are just awful. I mean races don't start in Lap 2.

I'm happy the version without that chicane got used tonight. Going 3-wide through Grande is suicidal because nobody lifted the accelerator. If everyone pushes hard on T1 somebody will just ruin their race.

Such chicanes are just awful. I mean races don't start in Lap 2.

I'm happy the version without that chicane got used tonight. Going 3-wide through Grande is suicidal because nobody lifted the accelerator. If everyone pushes hard on T1 somebody will just ruin their race.

I'll stop making my awesome starts from P6 to P1. It's clearly unfair on everyone else :P

--

Couple of comments;

I think calling the start amateur hour is a bit harsh. It wasn't ideal for sure but both Y-bear and apples had space either side of them but both decided to squeeze. Which is fine, everyone paid for it in to the first chicane.

If everyone is calling for in game penalties to be off then everyone needs to accept post race penalties or agree for Waddles to officiate during the race and adhere to the rouling and not be bent out of shape. At least with in game penalties it doesn't discriminate and is the same for everyone

I think calling the start amateur hour is a bit harsh. It wasn't ideal for sure but both Y-bear and apples had space either side of them but both decided to squeeze. Which is fine, everyone paid for it in to the first chicane.

I am giving everyone enough space on my right, all 3 of us can side by side at turn 1 if all of us can hold our line

Last edited:
I am giving everyone enough space on my right, all 3 of us can side by side at turn 1 if all of us can hold our line

Hey man, I'm not pointing any fingers. It wasn't a dig at any one, it was a racing incident. You two were busy battling and I got the jump on the whole grid and had the speed to go down the middle. Unfortunately a touch from both you turned me in to a pinata and I couldn't much else from there.

It wasn't meant to start an argument. More saying that it was an unfortunate turn two incident and it could of been much worse.

Hey man, I'm not pointing any fingers. It wasn't a dig at any one, it was a racing incident. You two were busy battling and I got the jump on the whole grid and had the speed to go down the middle. Unfortunately a touch from both you turned me in to a pinata and I couldn't much else from there.

It wasn't meant to start an argument. More saying that it was an unfortunate turn two incident and it could of been much worse.

Me too not pointing my fingers, i just say that we can side by side at turn 1, that's the reason I didn't close my gap with offapple.

Back