EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,778 comments
That trailer was everything I needed, the pre-order will be going in!

The one thing that I hate is that livery for the older Focus, I would've loved it if they could get a real one on their like Delecour's car from 2001. Having Henning Solberg colours on the 2008 car more than makes up for it though 🥰
Can’t have Martini and that’s as close as we can get without somebody throwing side-eye 😏

(Yes I’m aware of Forza Horizon 5)

One of the things that has impressed me the most in "recent" games was the changes of seasons in FH4.

Seeing that Codemasters will now do something similar makes me even more excited about upcoming WRC Game.

Yes, the stage will remain the same, but if they make a good job, the change in landscape can be so striking that it seems like a different location.

The video mentions the handling quite a bit. If you liked DiRT Rally 2.0 you’ll like this.
That's good to hear, thank you. Admittedly, I watched the video in the background while working, so I missed/didn't process the entire 1 minute section on handling. :dunce:

Can’t have Martini and that’s as close as we can get without somebody throwing side-eye 😏

I figured it would be down to some kind of licencing arrangement, it might just be that I'm bitter because I really liked how clean the 3rd car looked in 2001/02 (Delecour with white, then Martin with dark blue) with the RS livery.

IMG_0196.jpeg

Look at the main menu, confirms there’s a rally school. No obvious sub menu for online? Aside from clubs of course, wonder if everything else is with clubs or if it’s in career mode like it was in DR2.0.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I dislike how the HUD no longer shows the RPM or the redline. That seems like a massive omission. Here's what it looks like the frame before it upshifts to 4th gear

1695245714087.png

Can’t answer that yet.

Dailies and Clubs were my favourite parts of DiRT Rally 2.0 though.

Same, I still do the dailies even now. My favourite bit of WRC Generations is the leagues mode which was like the daily and weekly thing but with promotion and relegation to various divisions from rookie to legend. Secretly hoping Codies have done a similar thing but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Some 4K screenshots from the trailer

Stages:

View attachment 1288701

View attachment 1288702

View attachment 1288703

View attachment 1288704

View attachment 1288705

View attachment 1288706

View attachment 1288707

View attachment 1288708

View attachment 1288709

View attachment 1288711

Some of the new cars

View attachment 1288712

View attachment 1288713

19 km stage in Spain

View attachment 1288714

View attachment 1288715

Dude's leg sticking out through the wall

View attachment 1288716

Some voicelines

View attachment 1288717

More stage details

View attachment 1288719

View attachment 1288720

View attachment 1288721

View attachment 1288722

View attachment 1288723

View attachment 1288724

Season changes

image.png

View attachment 1288725

View attachment 1288726

View attachment 1288729

View attachment 1288731

Gameplay

View attachment 1288732

View attachment 1288733

Overall, the game looks quite compelling so far. But my biggest issue is the color grading that they have chose to do for on stage racing. Everything looks incredibly desaturated and warm. In addition, the contrast is way too high, making a lot of the shadows look much darker than they probably should. The car selection screen looks so much more appealing than the gameplay screens
Dude's leg pic made me guffaw :lol:

This leaves me shaken, not stirred...
200 stages at release for me.

I didn't think I'd consider buying another rally game after the disasters I had playing Dirt Rally 2.0, but here I am. I just hope that you don't have to pay for repairs in career mode or it will totally kill the experience for me.

I didn't think I'd consider buying another rally game after the disasters I had playing Dirt Rally 2.0, but here I am. I just hope that you don't have to pay for repairs in career mode or it will totally kill the experience for me.
It made the experience for me and forced me to take more care of my car. Crashes were expensive but not so much that I didn't make any money playing the game.

Man this is looking great!

Now time to research if it's possible to add a handbrake to my t150 on PlayStation and hopefully at a reasonable cost.

While all the features sound promising, I'm not sold at all by the art direction.

Every gameplay shot in that video looked like the aftermath of someone discovering ReShade/SweetFX filters for the first time.

Always a lover of CM rally games. They were always ahead of their time. This game is pre-purchased because I am going to support this studio. Any chance to correct the height of the Skoda Fabia R5? It's still too high... and the wheels are too far inside. Everything seen is what I expected coming from CM. They were always the best rally creators.

I dread the answer to this but I have to ask anyway:

When they say "triple-monitor support" do they mean the usual EA type "support" like in F1 23? Because frankly that's not triple-monitor support. It's just stretching the image across the 3 screens, which can be done in almost any game regardless of whether or not "triple-monitor support" is listed as a feature. I'm going to call this "stretch support" going forward.

The proper/real type of triple-monitor support can be found in games such as iRacing, AC, ACC, AMS2, where we are able to both adjust the angle of the side-monitors and apply bezel correction.

So, will EA Sports WRC have proper triple-monitor support or just stretch support?
@PJTierney

Looking on their reddit people are slating the graphics and going on about how disappointing this looks. People are crazy.

It’s Reddit, don’t know what else you would expect there 😅. It’s almost as bad as the Forza sub. The Discord is much better conversation.

So some things I’ve noticed rewatching the deep dive. Hints at a deeper career mode than DR2 and perhaps something along the lines of the F1 games, in the shot where they’re recording dialogue there’s script on the screen with responses that are “disappointed or pleased”, talking about taking part in possibly a charity event? And not getting the result wanted. The pleased script mentions someone call Max.

Some pre and post race commentary was easier to spot from Molly Pettit, discussing s possible penalty for leaving service late, perhaps there’ll be more dynamic things going on with other drivers.

Assists menu confirms we’ll have control of the car after the line still by the presence of the ‘time control braking’ assist, plus manual starts with ‘start line assist’. Throttle limiter assist to reduce max acceleration. It also confirms the manual clutch override assist is returning from DR2 which was great for kicking cars back ends out.

Preferences menu confirms adjustable FOV for internal and external cameras and adjustable camera shake. It mentions a rally passport which must be some sort of visual thing with perhaps your license details or something.
There’s the usual co-driver timing options and the new call types with normal and simplified options.

The call type option also has a note mentioning that the setting does not affect Regularity Rally calls. Which implies there may be events that are based around regularity rally or ‘Time, Speed, Distance’ rallies (completed stages in a specific time/at a particular average speed).

I am still in shock that this game is coming jam packed with so much content. All of those lovely Classic Rally legend cars, the insane amount of stages, the length of some of the stages, multiple liveries for each car? (judging by the Pre Order bonuses), the seasonal weather changes, and the "Car Builder" aspect which we will see next week, with livery editor.

I am not used to a racing game being so stacked at launch, especially an EA product. I am waiting to hear the catch :lol:

Looking on their reddit people are slating the graphics and going on about how disappointing this looks. People are crazy.
I think some gamers are just having a hard time accepting the fact the days of massive graphical leaps are over.

"There will be a number of weather conditions available for the stages - and they are part of a dynamic weather system. This means that while players may start a stage in the dusk, it might be completely dark by the time they finish it. Another example is rain: Starting a stage in the dry, but finishing in a downpour (or vice versa) is absolutely possible."

Source: https://www.racedepartment.com/news/ea-sports-wrc-gameplay-what-to-expect.1361/

I don't recall this being mentioned anywhere. Is this information correct?

"There will be a number of weather conditions available for the stages - and they are part of a dynamic weather system. This means that while players may start a stage in the dusk, it might be completely dark by the time they finish it. Another example is rain: Starting a stage in the dry, but finishing in a downpour (or vice versa) is absolutely possible."

Source: https://www.racedepartment.com/news/ea-sports-wrc-gameplay-what-to-expect.1361/

I don't recall this being mentioned anywhere. Is this information correct?

Hadn’t seen it either, fantastic if correct.

Back