EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,778 comments
So some things I’ve noticed rewatching the deep dive. Hints at a deeper career mode than DR2 and perhaps something along the lines of the F1 games, in the shot where they’re recording dialogue there’s script on the screen with responses that are “disappointed or pleased”, talking about taking part in possibly a charity event? And not getting the result wanted. The pleased script mentions someone call Max.

Some pre and post race commentary was easier to spot from Molly Pettit, discussing s possible penalty for leaving service late, perhaps there’ll be more dynamic things going on with other drivers.

Assists menu confirms we’ll have control of the car after the line still by the presence of the ‘time control braking’ assist, plus manual starts with ‘start line assist’. Throttle limiter assist to reduce max acceleration. It also confirms the manual clutch override assist is returning from DR2 which was great for kicking cars back ends out.

Preferences menu confirms adjustable FOV for internal and external cameras and adjustable camera shake. It mentions a rally passport which must be some sort of visual thing with perhaps your license details or something.
There’s the usual co-driver timing options and the new call types with normal and simplified options.

The call type option also has a note mentioning that the setting does not affect Regularity Rally calls. Which implies there may be events that are based around regularity rally or ‘Time, Speed, Distance’ rallies (completed stages in a specific time/at a particular average speed).
This is why Deep Dives are great, people giving lots of analysis on 2 seconds of footage.

"There will be a number of weather conditions available for the stages - and they are part of a dynamic weather system. This means that while players may start a stage in the dusk, it might be completely dark by the time they finish it. Another example is rain: Starting a stage in the dry, but finishing in a downpour (or vice versa) is absolutely possible."

Source: https://www.racedepartment.com/news/ea-sports-wrc-gameplay-what-to-expect.1361/

I don't recall this being mentioned anywhere. Is this information correct?
This is sort of disappointing

This results in stages of up to roughly 30 kilometers for the longest ones. In total, each location will feature 35 kilometers of unique track.

It sounds like each location will have one long stage and one shorter stage. Then the rest of the stages would just be variations of the longer stages?

This is sort of disappointing

It sounds like each location will have one long stage and one shorter stage. Then the rest of the stages would just be variations of the longer stages?

Most likely, this is the format most/all rally games have followed for a while now. I’m fine with it, if we’re getting 30km+ per rally then that’s still more than any rally game I can think of in recent times.

Get the occasional outliers like RBR had 4 unique stages per rally but around 15km less on average vs EA WRC. Or Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo, which had around 15-20km unique per rally.

Really cool Deep Dive video. I'm looking forward to it.

A few questions:
  • Will it come to EA Play (for instance as a few hour demo then later as a full game)?
  • Any information on controller support compared to DiRT Rally 2.0? I am assuming that as the official WRC game they need to support console gamers better than DR2.0 did, and this means more work on a forgiving mode which is suitable for console gamers with the controller rather than a wheel?

• Any information on controller support compared to DiRT Rally 2.0? I am assuming that as the official WRC game they need to support console gamers better than DR2.0 did, and this means more work on a forgiving mode which is suitable for console gamers with the controller rather than a wheel?
I haven't had any problems playing on an Xbox on controller. I just hope it supports the forthcoming haptic pad.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I dislike how the HUD no longer shows the RPM or the redline. That seems like a massive omission. Here's what it looks like the frame before it upshifts to 4th gear

View attachment 1288770
Would love HUD options similar to TV footage where it shows when players are on the throttle or brake and how much, so we can learn to drive better in areas we could improve when watching the pros.

I have yet to play Dirt Rally on a Direct Drive wheel, as I had read that the game doesn't fully utilise the force feedback? Any noise about improvements in this department?

Really cool Deep Dive video. I'm looking forward to it.

A few questions:
  • Will it come to EA Play (for instance as a few hour demo then later as a full game)?
  • 5 hour trial. EA Play Pro gets full game.
  • Nothing announced yet

Hello. Do you know if there will be mod support?

20230923105228_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5 hour trial. EA Play Pro gets full game.
  • Nothing announced yet (controller changes)
Having said that, I found your DiRT Rally 2.0 controller tuning guide, and it makes a HUGE difference to driveability compared to the stock controller settings.

Particularly steering sensitivity and steering linearity stock settings made it really difficult to keep the car going where I wanted, whereas after changes based on your suggestions I find the steering to be very comfortable.

As long as EA WRC supports similar customization for controller users it'll be fine. <Edit: Although I would hope the default could be closer to your suggested one than in DR2.0, it'll make the game far more accessible>

PJ's Video:

Last edited:
So just for a bit of fun and perspective for the upcoming game, I’ve counted the unique and total stage KM for WRC Generations and Dirt Rally 2.0. Results below. I’ve also specified the longest stage from each game, and the longest total length rally (which includes short and reverse versions). WRC Generations numbers include the shakedown stage (as it counts as a stage in quick play) and of course the super special stages.

WRC Generations:
Longest stage - 25.90km (Sweden)
Longest rally (unique km) - Sweden - 25.90km
Longest rally (total km) - Sweden - 102.08km

Total unique km - 387.4km
Total km - 1431km
From 21 rallies

Dirt Rally 2.0
Longest stage - 16.46km (Poland)
Longest rally (unique km) - Finland - 31.25km
Longest rally (total km) - Finland - 124.43km

Total unique km - 314.84km
Total km - 1264.53
From 13 rallies

EA WRC
600km+ unique km
From 17 rallies
Average 35.2km per rally

As you can see from the numbers, WRC ‘23 is going to have quite some serious mileage within it.

Another takeaway is, whilst WRCG has longer stages, it only has one of those long stages per rally, whereas DR2 m, whilst having shorter ‘long’ stages, makes up for it by having 2 and claws a lot of KM back on generations this way.

Full workings below if interested:
WRC Generations

Monte Carlo: 20.97km unique (ES)
85.23km total

Sweden: 25.90km unique (ES)
102.08km total

Croatia: 19.96 (ES)
80.43km total

Portugal: 23.65km unique (ES 20.07km)
82.7km total

Sardinia: 15.3km unique (ES 13.22km)
49.03km total

Kenya: 18.77km unique (ES 14.32km)
64.36km total

Estonia: 15.01km unique (ES 14.04km)
58.73km total

Finland: 23.37km unique (ES 21.10km)
86.05km total

Belgium: 12.24km unique
50.19km total

Greece: 19.02km unique
78.11km total

New Zealand: 22.11km unique (ES 22km)
91.04km total

Spain: 17.7km unique (ES 14.39km)
60.38km total

Japan: 22.60km unique
92.99km total

Argentina: 21.34km unique (ES 14.74km)
66.1km total

Chile: 21.03km unique
86.37km total

Germany: 18.51km unique (ES 15.63km)
66.58km total

Mexico: 20.9km unique (ES 18.32km)
65.84km total

San Remo: 7.24km unique
16.49km total

Corsica: 7.54km unique
17.86km total

Turkey: 16.75km unique (ES 14.55km)
59.77km total

Wales: 17.49km unique
70.64km total

21 rallies
387.4km unique
1431km total

Dirt rally 2.0

Monte Carlo: 20.7km unique (ES 10.87km)
82.79km total

Sweden: 24.32km unique (ES 12.34km)
97.46km total

USA: 25.36km unique (ES 12.86km)
102km total

Poland: 29.88km unique (ES 16.46km)
119.2km total

Australia: 24.84km unique (ES 12.50km)
101.32km total

New Zealand: 27.54km unique (Es 16.06km)
110.14km total

Argentina: 16.23km unique (ES 8.25km)
64.4km total

Finland: 31.25km unique (ES 16.20km)
124.53km total

Germany: 22.48km unique (ES 11.67km)
91.07km total

Greece: 20.29km unique (ES 10.69km)
84.39km total

Spain: 24.91km unique (ES 14.34km)
99.7km total

Wales: 21.4km unique (ES 11.4km)
85km total

Scotland: 25.64km unique (ES 12.98km)
102.53km total

13 rallies
314.84km
1264.53km total

Last edited:
Amazon Australia the WRC EA game is selling for 60 dollars on pre order

Grab it while you can for people in Australia.
This is pretty much equivalent to the normal UK price. I hope they're not planning to charge more for it in Australia.

Last edited:
This is pretty much equivalent to the normal UK price. I hope they're not planning to charge more for it in Australia.
Its 70 Aud in the Ps store.

Amazon had it as the same price as the ps store but took 10 dollars off.

In some of Australia's retail store like Jb Hifi they have it at $64.

Last edited:
Its 70 Aud in the Ps store.

Amazon had it as the same price as the ps store but took 10 dollars off.

In some of Australia's retail store like Jb Hifi they have it at $64.
My exchange rate calculation was well off and 60 bucks is a fantastic price for what you're getting.

Steam has a 10% off preorder special going until release date:
View attachment 1289673

Yeah, anyone with EA Play or previous Dirt Rally 2 players will get 10% off. Making an already great price even better.

Does the PS5 get the loyalty discount?

Not for owning DR2 sadly, only Xbox and Steam get that. PS just gets the EA Play discount I believe.

Magpie's correct, here are the available discounts:

• Steam: 10% if you own DiRT Rally 2.0
  • Steam: 10% if you're on EA Play
  • Xbox: 10% if you own DiRT Rally 2.0
  • Xbox: 10% if you're on EA Play (including Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
  • PlayStation: 10% if you're on EA Play

On PlayStation, what you could do is get a month of EA Play, buy the game, then use that month to play through all the other EA games on the Play List.

... but they bought the franchise.

I know it's a bit different (buying a franchise as opposed to buying a business), but WRC-series customers are an ongoing asset IMHO.

I did of course say that my opinion is biased; it was a bit of a tongue-in-cheek remark.

Back