Estimate GT Sport sales

• Thread starter Earth
  • 869 comments

How many copies will GT Sport sell?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can tell you exactly how big the Open world arcade market is, around 12 million.
So, I have to ask, where are you pulling these numbers from? I doubt it's anywhere credible at all. There is absolutely no way you'd be able to gauge an of that, so stop pretending.

Horizon and Need for speed ( combine both sales per game and you get roughly 9 million)
Going off your.. odd logic, than we can assume that there are only 5 Million people interested in GTS since that's all that was interested in GT of past.

I think GTA has literally satisfied that driving itch most gamers had.
I think it literally didn't satisfy anything that had to do with actually driving, and what people associate as an actual driving game.

You guys are buying NFS instead of this and Forza? shake my head.

GTS will sell more than NFS WW but in the US it will not do well. GT6 I think just sold little over a million. No Daytona, no Laguna Seca, no Indy even though it is a boring track IMO no Nascar. COTA, Road America track should be there, I think those tracks are there in Forza. May be street tracks. Unless there is a good update with US tracks, cars. It will do well to hit a million :yuck:

Last year at E3 they did not even mention on the stage. They are not even trying anymore 🤬

GTS will sell more than NFS WW but in the US it will not do well. GT6 I think just sold little over a million. No Daytona, no Laguna Seca, no Indy even though it is a boring track IMO no Nascar. COTA, Road America track should be there, I think those tracks are there in Forza. May be street tracks. Unless there is a good update with US tracks, cars. It will do well to hit a million :yuck:

Last year at E3 they did not even mention on the stage. They are not even trying anymore 🤬
GT6 was 1.24 million in NA but that was nearly 1/4 of sales worldwide. The drop from GT5's 3.44 million/29% was much more about the relatively poor sales of GT6 than anything else.

But GT6 was most sold racing game for its time. GT5 sales are far gone. I do not think any racing games will reach anywhere close to it.
At half price for the vast majority of time. Sales charts tend to ignore budget titles...

Bought a PS3 for GT5, but after the long wait and disappointing title, moved over to the 360 for FM3 & FM4. After missing out on GT6 and seeing Forza go downhill by embracing simcade, I was back with PlayStation and PS4.
The thing here that is a common misconception, is that Forza and GTS are pretty much sitting in the same category concerning
"simcade." Forza's physics department has not been watered down, and only made more intuitive. They didn't just start transferring to the category, they've practically made the category what it is, along with GTS. Games that have a relatively deep physics engine that is brought down to make it more accessible to a wider range of people.

They've both got some pretty deep faults in comparison to the "true" sims like Pcars2 and Assetto. I've always found the two to be easily interchangeable when jumping between both, so when people try to make it be the opposite, it's always a bit confusing.

This is proof past game disappointments don't hurt future sales, as NFS reboot was awful and hated by everyone I knew . .

I did hear NFS MW wasn't good, but when I had a PS4 and couldn't play GT5/6, the $20 on NFS 2015 looked awesome. My experience way back with original and with underground got me over the line.
Got 3/4 through it and was playing other games though. Now 95% finished, might learn to do faster drifting better eventually.

I preordered GTS and haven't bought another game since.

But GT6 was most sold racing game for its time. GT5 sales are far gone. I do not think any racing games will reach anywhere close to it.

They aren't. GTs or more so a real proper GT7 could have easily matched if not surpassed GT5, it failed miserably due to low content low reviews and especially the mass negativity towards the online only esport push most never ever asked for. Its mediocrity compounded more so with the recent releases of PC2 and especially Forza7.

Im stunned Sony pissed away such an opportunity, a chance at half a billion revenue from a single game sales.

They aren't. GTs or more so a real proper GT7 could have easily matched if not surpassed GT5,
So when all other racing games show a decline in sales from a decade or so ago do you have a crystal ball that gave you sale figures and profit margins if the game had of been released with different content or how did you reach that conclusion?

I am sure Sony as a multi billion dollar enterprise would love to give you a job as director of the game division direction as you have such solid information and facts to prevent them from making future mistakes. You have a right to your opinion but pulling sales and profit numbers out of your rear end does in no way make it a fact.

So when all other racing games show a decline in sales from a decade or so ago do you have a crystal ball that gave you sale figures and profit margins if the game had of been released with different content or how did you reach that conclusion?

I am sure Sony as a multi billion dollar enterprise would love to give you a job as director of the game division direction as you have such solid information and facts to prevent them from making future mistakes. You have a right to your opinion but pulling sales and profit numbers out of your rear end does in no way make it a fact.

Please post those sales before and after. Especially show me what racing game maintained QUALITY and high reviews sold on an approximately similar USER BASE yet had sales fall significantly. please and thank you.

Also show me what racing game ever sold ten million, especially an exclusive ona single platform.

It's not opinion, if GT on Ps4 pulls GT5 like numbers and sales millions at full price hits 5 million with in a month with little price drops. Then sales pricing then eventually bargain bin pricing that some additional 6/7 million sales you got yourself a half a billion in revenue give or take. And i never said anything about profits in the post you quoted.

Do you honestly think a full content GT7 would have NOt sold way better and not needed bargain bin pricing to move stock in about a month of release ???

Sony's great strength of giving the developers plenty freedom can also be a weakness. Naughty Dog seems can do no wrong, but PD has seen lower reviews lower sales and now lowest review ever and flat sales from the already low GT6.

If these numbers are real, then that’s not bad at all (I think)! Over a million sales in only 11 days seems pretty good. But then again, it is VGChartz we’re talking about here, so take it with a grain of salt until we get official world wide numbers.

I doubt they are way off, they do actually have sources. And some basic sales forecast and extrapolation software fills in the rest. Unlike all the vgchartz haters i don't think they are bad at all, i get to use even worse estimates at work and have to go of them and make it fly.

Would be especially interesting if we can get numbers for US France and Uk and compare.

GT Sport .

hey dude you love posting GT sports sales in UK, what are the latest numbers you got ?

VGchart is a site banned everywhere because it makes estimates and is not based on real data;)

VGchart is only good for checking old data because they are updated when they are available.

So do not use it as a source.

Anyway, for me, GTS, according to what I'm seeing, will be close to 2 million to date.
Even the old data is not always correct. A quick search reveals they have the sales for GT6 wrong by 30% and GT5 wrong by 15%, even though both have officially published figures available.

Yeah, unfortunately, as is stated by others here, VGChartz is not a very good site to use for this.
I mean, I could believe these numbers to a degree, but given these are in excess of a month out of date, I'm not gonna hold any faith in these numbers.

Not to mention, Polyphony Digital have released sales figures for all prior GT titles, so I'm going to assume they'll release sales figures at some point in the future.

Even the old data is not always correct. A quick search reveals they have the sales for GT6 wrong by 30% and GT5 wrong by 15%, even though both have officially published figures available.
I have not been following VGchart for quite a few years, I knew they updating the data when the official ones were released, if they do not even do this anymore, I would say not to name it anymore for this info:lol:

To many variables with bundles (both PS4 & PSVR) and incomplete sales data from all markets. By now I'd think GT Sport is over 3.5m, next milestone being 4m.

I wonder how much it has sold worldwide at this point. When are we even going to get those numbers?
When PD update the sales number page on their website. It took years for them to update it for GT6 but they were pretty quick for the previous games.

Back