Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,340 comments
Well my DD Pro wheelbase just died mid race and no longer recognised by Windows or Fanatec driver/Fanalab. It turns on and just turns itself off about 20 secs later. Looks like it overheated - the case was almost too hot to touch. Wish me luck with Fanatec's support......

Last edited:
Geez man, I thought that the lack of fan meant that those things run cool.

Terrible luck mate.
Yeah they do run cool. I've never felt it feel anything much more than room temperature in 100+ hours of use. Something went horribly wrong with it last night and whatever it was made it super hot. I think the overheating is part of the result of the failure rather than the cause if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Well I've logged the fault with Fanatec. Got the expected "we are busy and will be in touch within 7 days" reply.

Grr, and it's the iRacing 24 hrs of Spa next weekend. Bugger.

Well I've logged the fault with Fanatec. Got the expected "we are busy and will be in touch within 7 days" reply.

Grr, and it's the iRacing 24 hrs of Spa next weekend. Bugger.
Mate that’s terrible. I wish you good luck but I’ve seen enough Reddit posts to know it could be a struggle. 7 days to acknowledge your contact, they send something back, you reply, another 7 days…..
I was watching Rory Alexander a couple of weeks back and he had a dodgy paddle on one of his wheels; he immediately got sent two brand new wheels and two QR1s, oh, and free tickets to the British GP. Made me a bit angry tbh

Mate that’s terrible. I wish you good luck but I’ve seen enough Reddit posts to know it could be a struggle. 7 days to acknowledge your contact, they send something back, you reply, another 7 days…..
I was watching Rory Alexander a couple of weeks back and he had a dodgy paddle on one of his wheels; he immediately got sent two brand new wheels and two QR1s, oh, and free tickets to the British GP. Made me a bit angry tbh
I'm hoping I have given them enough information for them to come back immediately with an RMA. We wait and see.

@Daz555 Is your base recognized if you disconnect the steering wheel from the base?
Sadly it makes no difference. It was the first thing I tried. I've also tried it with every combination of things connected and not connected from the pedals, to the rim, to the QR hub itself. Wheelbase is not detected by my PS4 Pro or by a 2nd PC either.

1657811253863.png

RMA time!

Well Fanatec asked me to take a video of the problem which meant powering it up for what turned out to be the last time. I got a very different result than I was expecting.

1657913739525.png

Yep that's wisps of smoke pouring out of the wheelbase - a very toasty smell wafted about the house after this! It's all disconnected now, back in its box waiting for RMA from Fanatec.

I have a question:

If your GT DD Pro wheel dies, how can you buy a new one (if it's out-of-waranty for example) if it's not on-the-market?

I know you can guy the wheel base on its own, but have not seen the wheel sold separately.

As it stands you can't, unless they pop up on eBay. There's one on there now for £150 but for that price I'd pay a bit more and get the McLaren GT3 V2 which is what I upgraded to.

I have a question:

If your GT DD Pro wheel dies, how can you buy a new one (if it's out-of-waranty for example) if it's not on-the-market?

I know you can guy the wheel base on its own, but have not seen the wheel sold separately.

As it stands you can't, unless they pop up on eBay. There's one on there now for £150 but for that price I'd pay a bit more and get the McLaren GT3 V2 which is what I upgraded to.
Get a spare one. I'm selling mine for 100 euro.
There's a good FB group for Fanatec selling/buying.

I’m in two minds about getting one these once they become available again. The main thing holding me back is what happens if it has issues. Do I need to ship it outside of Canada to get it fixed? It’s not cheap to ship stuff to the US from here.

I’m in two minds about getting one these once they become available again. The main thing holding me back is what happens if it has issues. Do I need to ship it outside of Canada to get it fixed? It’s not cheap to ship stuff to the US from here.
Reading the Fanatec forums can be worrying but I've had my DD Pro & load cell since March and the McLaren GT3 V2 wheel for a couple of months and haven't had any issues. Everything updates properly and works as it should, really pleased.
I guess should you get any issues it'd have to be shipped to the US but as far as I know they pay the shipping costs.

I’d only go to 339 or 440 for the DD pro. Read the thread for 443 - may be lingering issues still and the big benifit is primarily for the Podium series. Not much more for the DD series until upcoming releases, but 440 is solid and a big improvement already over the shipping fw

I don't know if this is known or shared anywhere, but I just found out that if you press triangle and the share button, it switches the different modes (PS5,PC,PS5/4 comp., PC comp.)

So be careful, as switching the mode disconnects the wheel from the console (you need to switch back to either PS5 mode or PS compatibility mode and press the PS button to have it work again).
I have nitrous set to triangle and wanted to make a screenshot - that's how I found out. Luckily not in an important race

Last edited:
Well I got my failed DD Pro back yesterday (20 days from me first logging the issue with Fanatec). It's all working fine during my testing last night. I got back the same wheelbase housing and quick-release hub but I'm assuming some internals have been replaced - I'm guessing the motherboard that sits at the back of the wheelbase. I've asked Fanatec for a fault report so I can find out exactly what went wrong and what has been replaced.

Back