Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,340 comments
GT DD with 90W power supply in purple mode feels a bit stronger and with better feel for oversteer then GT DD with the boost kit in blue mode.
Sorry, but the feeling of oversteer in blue mode is complete garbage, the steering wheel is too slow.

Not here...

8 Nm, blue mode, NDP Off. I'm catching slides in daily race C (Super Formula) that I couldn't catch yesterday.
If anything, the wheel is more twitchy and fast than it was before the patch.

Edit: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/26059/new-recommended-ffb-settings-after-gt7-patch-1-15

Last edited:
Thought I was imaging it, did the WTC enduro yesterday in the DBR9, felt great, tried after patch and felt terrible. Was unsure if it was the car/new physics or my wheel had broken as just felt so loose.

Seems it’s a issue with the new GT update?

Not here...

8 Nm, blue mode, NDP Off. I'm catching slides in daily race C (Super Formula) that I couldn't catch yesterday.
If anything, the wheel is more twitchy and fast than it was before the patch.

Edit: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/26059/new-recommended-ffb-settings-after-gt7-patch-1-15
Going to ask a dumb question,

How and where do I find these new settings?

Do I do them on the laptop via the Fanatec file or directly on the wheel plugged into the PS5?

EDIT. Ignore as now found.

Last edited:
On 5nm it is WAY too light now,i tried maurice settings already and cranked a lot of stuff up to compensate the 5nm.Nope,still too light.It feels good,i have to admit.Better than comp mode (which also does not feel the same like the blue setting before).

Are they trying to boost the…well…boost sales? 💩 There is no way this change is made with only 8nm wheels in mind.

So they just screwed it up.Again.

Last edited:
On 5nm it is WAY too light now,i tried maurice settings already and cranked a lot of stuff up to compensate the 5nm.Nope,still too light.It feels good,i have to admit.Better than comp mode (which also does not feel the same like the blue setting before).

Are they trying to boost the…well…boost sales? 💩 There is no way this change is made with only 8nm wheels in mind.

So they just screwed it up.Again.

I like a light wheel, and wouldn't want any less than 8 Nm now...
Before the patch I even considered 8 Nm to be a waste most of the time, for me.

Funny thing is,i switched to comp mode now and played a little with the settings.And it feels better now than before in ps5 mode,lol (and i spend a hell LOT of time to find a more or less perfect setting).

On 5nm it is WAY too light now
I don't think 8Nm is any better under the current 1.15 version, in blue PS4/PS5 mode it feels even lighter than a G29 to me, and I say that as someone who has used a G27 and a G29 for 8 years before getting GT DD Pro. There was no resistance at all, the only FFB I could feel was understeer vibration.

Last edited:
I don't think 8Nm is any better under the current 1.15 version, in blue PS4/PS5 mode it feels even lighter than a G29 to me, and I say that as someone who has used a G27 and a G29 for 8 years before getting GT DD Pro. There was no resistance at all, the only FFB I could feel was understeer vibration.

Something's wrong. Let's hope they fix it soon.

I've had a G29 as well, and I'm currently on a DD 8Nm - the DD has a lot more torque in this patch than the G29 ever had. The understeer vibration is faint compared to the other forces.

Something's wrong. Let's hope they fix it soon.

I've had a G29 as well, and I'm currently on a DD 8Nm - the DD has a lot more torque in this patch than the G29 ever had. The understeer vibration is faint compared to the other forces.
I didn't bother to tweak any settings after the patch, under the Fanatec recommended settings the resistance is basically nonexistent. I just switched to the purple compatibility mode and wait for them to fix this bug.

I didn't bother to tweak any settings after the patch, under the Fanatec recommended settings the resistance is basically nonexistent. I just switched to the purple compatibility mode and wait for them to fix this bug.
Well when you have no Intention to change settings, then it's basically your own fault.
The recommended settings from Fanatec are no longer valid and can be ignored. You have to adjust the settings, especially in game Max Torque to 10 and FOR on the wheel to 120 to adapt to Patch 1.15 and then the FFB on a 8Nm GT DD PRO will feel the best it ever had. You feel soooo much more Details in corners now where you felt NOTHING other than a heavy constant spring force before.
But if someone is unwilling to change his settings... Well, then it's not PDs fault.

Well when you have no Intention to change settings, then it's basically your own fault.
The recommended settings from Fanatec are no longer valid and can be ignored. You have to adjust the settings, especially in game Max Torque to 10 and FOR on the wheel to 120 to adapt to Patch 1.15 and then the FFB on a 8Nm GT DD PRO will feel the best it ever had. You feel soooo much more Details in corners now where you felt NOTHING other than a heavy constant spring force before.
But if someone is unwilling to change his settings... Well, then it's not PDs fault.
I don't agree that PD didn't do anything wrong, especially that setting max torque to half the value shouldn't be as light as a feather in any case. But thanks for sharing the settings, I'll try if it "will feel the best it ever had".

Last edited:
I don't agree that PD didn't do anything wrong, but thanks for sharing the settings, I'll try if it "will feel the best it ever had".
Didnt said PD did nothing wrong.
They did wrong not communicating that people needs to change the settings to adapt to the changes.
Also they overdone it a bit too far and reduced the turning resistance for Road cars a bit too much but in general they massively massively improved the FFB as they completely fixed all the oscillations at high speeds and the non-existend dead FFB after Slip angle in High speed corners. You no longer get oscillations and you finally can feel all the Road bumps and every curb in corners. But you have to adjust the settings, otherwise it will feel like ****, yes but once adjusted it's by far the best FFB ever, especially on Gr3 and Gr1 cars.

Last edited:
Strange, I watched Kieran tweak the settings on his DD Pro for many hours last night and he couldn't get anywhere near what he had previously, let alone an improvement.

He also tried every suggestion offered in his livestream chat to no avail.

If you have to change the FFB to 10 then they’ve messed it up. I’m using these heralded settings and while they make it barely tolerable it’s still a mess. FFB 10 gives clipping even with the massively reduced torque, clips under braking and when locking up going down gears and inducing rotation; which is how you have to drive this game to be quick. If you’re driving road cars you won’t feel it.
Putting FOR at 120 is also not right. Having everything at maximum just to get some feel back is so obviously just a workaround as it gives no headroom for adjustment.
Purple mode is awful, definitely not the same as before. Yes the resistance is but there’s no detail at all and the broken patch with the workaround settings are far preferable to purple mode at the moment. And consider TGT users, the game is effectively unplayable as they have no settings, and basically get no FFB at all. That’s proof enough the patch is not right.
This will have to be fixed as the esport guys with TGTs aren’t able to play and the rest are kicking off. PD seem to listen to them more than the user base as a whole.

If you have to change the FFB to 10 then they’ve messed it up. I’m using these heralded settings and while they make it barely tolerable it’s still a mess. FFB 10 gives clipping even with the massively reduced torque, clips under braking and when locking up going down gears and inducing rotation; which is how you have to drive this game to be quick. If you’re driving road cars you won’t feel it.
Putting FOR at 120 is also not right. Having everything at maximum just to get some feel back is so obviously just a workaround as it gives no headroom for adjustment.
Purple mode is awful, definitely not the same as before. Yes the resistance is but there’s no detail at all and the broken patch with the workaround settings are far preferable to purple mode at the moment. And consider TGT users, the game is effectively unplayable as they have no settings, and basically get no FFB at all. That’s proof enough the patch is not right.
This will have to be fixed as the esport guys with TGTs aren’t able to play and the rest are kicking off. PD seem to listen to them more than the user base as a whole.
Max Torque 10 in Patch 1.15 does NOT introduce Clipping!
Anything above 6 previously introduced Clipping, yes.

After reading all the Comments yesterday, i expected the worst.
So today I fired up my PS5 with GT7 and yes the FFB felt different.
Much weaker.
I applied the new Fanatec Settings and they felt even more strange.
They are certainly good and feel very drivable but not my Cup of Tea, although they actually feel very realistic. But not easy to be fast with them.
Those are more catered towards immersion.

I then went back to my previous Settings and only increased the FFB Torque in Game from 5 to 10.
In my Wheelbase I increased the FFB from 90 to 100 and lowered the FEI from 100 to 80.
And Gentlemen I must say that this ForceFeedback is probably the best I‘ve ever experienced in GT7.
The Dynamic Range and Details in the FFB are sensational.

I don’t know if there is a Bug which negatively affects some DD Wheelbases but I’m very very satisfied with the way it feels right now.
Sure, it’s different to the pre Update Feeling but not in a bad or wrong way.
It’s just different, way more Detail throughout the whole Dynamic Range.
No more Numbness after a certain point.
The Wheel feels very alive and strong.
If someone cares, these are my Settings:

SEN: AUTO

FFB: 100

FFS: PEAK

NDP: 0

NFR: 0

NIN: OFF

INT: 1

FEI: 80

FOR: 100

SPR: 100

DPR: 100

GT7 in Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 10

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

With Natural Damper NDP set to 0 the FFB Dynamic Range provides the greatest Dynamic Range from very light Resistance to very strong.

If you prefer a closer Dynamic Range Window with less dramatic peaks in the Dynamic Range you can increase the NDP to your likings.
Although I wouldn’t recommend going higher than 50.

Overall, I’m very pleased and pleasantly surprised with the changes PD has done.

ForceFeedback is very subjective and something that works for me might not be ideal for someone else so always keep that in mind.

I just try to provide some help to those who suffer and probably are about to go nuts.
Chill my Dudes, try my Settings and give them some time.
My observations come from countless driving and exactly knowing what each Setting does and changes in detail.
I can exactly explain how each Setting correlates to the other so feel free to ask if you’re unsure or want the FFB to feel in a specific way.
I‘m quite sure I can provide some help within the Games Limits.

Edit:
After I applied my new Settings I went back to Time Trial on Monza for Daily Race B and within 5Laps I set a new Record and beat my previous fastest Lap by 0.3 Seconds.
I‘m the fastest Jaguar Driver at the Moment 😊 referring to the Global Rankings List.
So not only are these Settings much more enjoyable to drive, they are also faster.
At least for me.
And I know that many of you only care to go as fast as possible 😂, opposite to me.

Last edited:
Much weaker.
They are certainly good and feel very drivable but not my Cup of Tea, although they actually feel very realistic. But not easy to be fast with them.

I then went back to my previous Settings and only increased the FFB Torque in Game from 5 to 10.
In my Wheelbase I increased the FFB from 90 to 100 and lowered the FEI from 100 to 80.
And Gentlemen I must say that this ForceFeedback is probably the best I‘ve ever experienced in GT7.

I don’t know if there is a Bug which negatively affects some DD Wheelbases but I’m very very satisfied with the way it feels right now.

GT7 in Game Settings:

With Natural Damper NDP set to 0 the FFB Dynamic Range provides the greatest Dynamic Range from very light Resistance to very strong.

If you prefer a closer Dynamic Range Window with less dramatic peaks in the Dynamic Range you can increase the NDP to your likings.

Overall, I’m very pleased and pleasantly surprised with the changes PD has done.

ForceFeedback is very subjective and something that works for me might not be ideal for someone else so always keep that in mind.

I just try to provide some help to those who suffer and probably are about to go nuts.
My observations come from countless driving and exactly knowing what each Setting does and changes in detail.
I can exactly explain how each Setting correlates to the other so feel free to ask if you’re unsure or want the FFB to feel in a specific way.

Edit:
After I applied my new Settings I went back to Time Trial on Monza for Daily Race B and within 5Laps I set a new Record and beat my previous fastest Lap by 0.3 Seconds.
I‘m the fastest Jaguar Driver at the Moment 😊 referring to the Global Rankings List.
So not only are these Settings much more enjoyable to drive, they are also faster.
At least for me.
And I know that many of you only care to go as fast as possible 😂, opposite to me.
Thanks for sharing the settings. I'll give them a try later. Tried the new Fanatec recommended ones but not 100% happy with them.

We confirmed an issue where certain steering wheel controller and vehicle combinations would cause excessively strong force feedback vibrations which could result in injury, and so we greatly reduced the force feedback/torque as a temporary emergency measure on those specific steering wheels.*

However, this is only a temporary solution and we are working to improve performance and implement more suitable force feedback sensitivity for each controller through a future update.

*Adjusted steering wheel controllers:

・Thrustmaster T-GT
・FANATEC Podium
・FANATEC GT DD Pro

Much weaker.

GT7 in Game Settings:

Edit:
At least for me.

My experience is the same. I was instantly faster, more consistent and had a lot more fun.

I'm however using FEI 100 and INT 6. Regarding sensitivity in-game, I'm not sure if it does anything anymore but I left it at 10.

My experience is the same. I was instantly faster, more consistent and had a lot more fun.

I'm however using FEI 100 and INT 6. Regarding sensitivity in-game, I'm not sure if it does anything anymore but I left it at 10.
That’s good to hear, nice.
FEI changes the feel of how strong the FFB Effects will be felt.
If you use high INT Settings than FEI 100 will be just tolerable.
I use INT1 which give the most raw FFB Signal and in Combination with FEI on 100 it’s just horrendous.
Especially the Understeer Rattle is not acceptable and very annoying with these Settings.
So if you want the most Details with less Understeer Rattle I highly suggest to lower the FEI to 70~80 and INT 1.

In Game Sensitivity acts like a Damper so with Sensitivity at 10 you will get the most possible in game damping available provided by GT7.
It acts the same manner like turning up NDP in your Wheelbase depending on your overall FFB Torque it can be like having NDP turned up to high Values.
I wouldn’t recommend using in Game Sensitivity higher than 1 if you want the broadest possible FFB Dynamic Range available.

I use INT1 which give the most raw FFB Signal and in Combination with FEI on 100 it’s just horrendous.
Especially the Understeer Rattle is not acceptable and very annoying with these Settings.
So if you want the most Details with less Understeer Rattle I highly suggest to lower the FEI to 70~80 and INT 1.

In Game Sensitivity acts like a Damper so with Sensitivity at 10 you will get the most possible in game damping available provided by GT7.
It acts the same manner like turning up NDP in your Wheelbase depending on your overall FFB Torque it can be like having NDP turned up to high Values.
I wouldn’t recommend using in Game Sensitivity higher than 1 if you want the broadest possible FFB Dynamic Range available.
Regarding the in game Sensitivity setting that's not correct. It's not a Damper Slider. GT7 does not use any kind of user-adjustable-damper, therefore the DPR setting in the Tuning Menu also has no effect at all.
With a Sensitivity setting above 1 the lower feedback gets boosted which then makes the FFB appear flatter and less dynamic. Especially with the boost kit this should be avoided. Without I would understand why someone would like to boost it via ingame settings but having the boost kit and more torque you don't need to exaggerate FFB in-game and then have it more dynamic.

Last edited:

I remember reading here somewhere that Fanatec Dominic recommended increasing INT instead of lowering FEI - both have a softening effect but INT preserves more detail.

Regarding the in game Sensitivity setting that's not correct. It's not a Damper Slider. GT7 does not use any kind of user-adjustable-damper, therefore the DPR setting in the Tuning Menu also has no effect at all.
With a Sensitivity setting above 1 the lower feedback gets boosted which then makes the FFB appear flatter and less dynamic. Especially with the boost kit this should be avoided. Without I would understand why someone would like to boost it via ingame settings but having the boost kit and more torque you don't need to exaggerate FFB in-game and then have it more dynamic.

I catch slides easier when I have strong FFB "around the middle". Otherwise it's a bit loose right when traction is regained, which makes me slower to react and often I overshoot.
So yeah, I agree with you on your description, it's just that I'm more consistent with a firm FFB around the middle (high sens) even with 8 Nm.
However, i don't think I even notice any difference since 1.15... Before the difference was very clear, now I'm perfectly fine with both 1 and 10 as long as the overall FFB is strong enough for the specific car I'm driving.

Maybe I used the wrong words but I meant it exactly how you described it.
Higher Sensitivity in Game gives more firmness around Center, which again feels comparable to having High NDP in the Wheelbase hence I said it“acts“ like a Damper although it doesn’t dampen anything.
The Wheel just behaves more firm on initial inputs.

@HugoTwoWheels
That’s why I mentioned to use lower INT Values to preserve more Raw detail.
The FEI just intensifies all INT Effects, which sadly also amplifies the horrendous Understeer Rattle.
Therefore I’d say a good compromise is INT1 for most Details and FEI between 70 and 80 which still preserves all details just a bit less intensive but happily very much dampens the Understeer Rattle.

Last edited:
Much weaker.

GT7 in Game Settings:

Edit:
At least for me.
5 or 8nm?

The latter i assume.i only need to look at it too know,would be too weak for my taste and power supply 😁

5 or 8nm?

The latter i assume.i only need to look at it too know,would be too weak for my taste and power supply 😁
Well spotted, Eagle Eye 😅 yeah I’m on the 8nm power supply.
Although stronger FFB doesn’t mean better FFB.
It’s about the right balance.

Back