Fast and Furious Crossroads Announced: Coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One May 2020

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by jake2013guy, Dec 13, 2019.

1. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

Thats so typical for Ian Bell to say something like this. I am 100% certain his Madbox will blow PS5 and Xbox SX out of the water, too.

2. BadFlounder

BadFlounder

Yawn. Might pick it up on a big discount eventually, but I have very little interest in this compared to if they released PC3.

3. Jay84

Jay84

Ehhhhhh a sim racer company making it? Sounds like a bad idea. Its kinda given that games based on movies are utter trash. The last FandF game was just garbage.

4. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Games with movie tie-ins tend to be rubbish and this will probably be no exception.

5. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

No way...

6. ArR29

ArR29

I don't think their engine is made for this cinematic style racing game. Those face and animations are really outdated.

fikridroid and dreadlockdragon like this.
  7. Famine

Famine Administrator

bicepintensifies.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  8. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

I just don't get why the graphics look so dated. Project Cars 2 looked pretty amazing, what happened here?

fikridroid and Dobermann92 like this.
  9. Krakenous

Krakenous

Looks like a very linear, NFS esq inspired mission based game. Character models look a bit naff...no sense of detail or emotion from them, expected better. Why do the graphics look so mediocre?

fikridroid and VXR like this.
  10. Ak1504

Ak1504

I can´t get over it how bad the animations look in that trailer lol

Looks like a solid 5,7/10 game :D

11. GTjedi99

GTjedi99

Wow can't wait till this is the free playstation plus game for August

gtracedriver1 and Pfei like this.
  12. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

According to PCGamer the game features 'approximations of Michelle Rodriguez and Vin Diesel'. That's one way to put it. :lol:

13. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

If they did something like FNF PS2, since that game was actually good. Got that game on release at the time when I got TXR Drift 2. That game really focused on racing/customization. The graphics were not that bad either probably one of the better Eutechnyx games out there. It's a bit too early to tell, and hoping those models are not the final product because if it is then I got no hope for it. The car models look alright to me, but since we don't have our hands on the game it's too early to tell right now. Pretty sure FNF PS2 got the same flak back then.

fikridroid likes this.
  14. Corsa

Corsa Premium

I hope every 10 year old in the world buys this and all revenue is spent on Project Cars Revolution.

15. WarriusZero

WarriusZero

So... did I win or was that still not close enough? :lol:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ow-on-ps4-xb1-pc.342814/page-96#post-11786333
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ow-on-ps4-xb1-pc.342814/page-97#post-11786974

HarlemG27, NLxAROSA and davidt33 like this.
  16. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

17. gtracedriver1

gtracedriver1

They will cancel Pcars and release another sequel to fast and furious game

18. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

My expectations are somewhere between the Grand Tour game and recent NFSes (excluding Heat, because that is actually decent). Which is to say not much. Honestly SMS should just focus on PCARS but I guess now that they've been bought by Codemasters who knows if that will even continue in its current form.

The main problem with these types of games though, is the extremely finite lifespan. Once you've done story mode, what else is there to do? The gameplay is probably extremely linear and once you've seen it, there's really no incentive to do it again. I mean it could be a free open world game like GTA, but I doubt it. I'd much rather F&F does tie-in DLC cars with PCARS like they did with Forza a while back. Leave the storytelling to the movies.

19. MXH

MXH Premium

It looks straight up bad.

Though, I will probably dust of my PS3 once it’s offered free on PS+.

20. T0MMY3688

T0MMY3688

By comparison to those two games initial trailers, the Fast and Furious game still looks really bad and dated:

Those two games looks a little dated now but still doesn't look as bad as Fast and Furious Crossroads.

21. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder

Weren't they available for scanning?

22. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Probably their cardboard -versions were...:lol:

23. David Wright

David Wright

I'm sure they would love a sequel to the F&F game but as I posted above, it's not a case of doing one or the other. They want (need) to do both. They started working on F&F while PC2 was in development and they started working on PC3 while F&F was in development. So F&F1 in 2020, PC3 in 2021, F&F2 in 2022. The big plus for Project Cars is its their IP. The problem with franchises like F&F is the licence can go to another studio.

24. davidt33

davidt33

WarriusZero likes this.
  25. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

Rewatching the trailer over and over again made my head hurt. It really looks so bad, I think it started as a mobile game, for that it would look decent.

26. Granadier

Granadier Premium

Can't believe you'd slight Tokyo Drift like that :(

27. Ak1504

Ak1504

All those dislikes ^^

[​IMG]

28. LivingWithGames

LivingWithGames

Oh dear, and doesn't help SMS got bought by Codemasters. This game does not do well at all, and this might be SMS's final nail in the coffin. But judging by the dislikes, I think they are numbered.

29. T0MMY3688

T0MMY3688

I don't think Codemaster will judge them on that game, it should be in production for 2 years now based on the first time Ian teased about it. Also Ian Bell is the executive director at Codemasters now and remain as CEO of SMS, don't think SMS will get killed that easily.

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  30. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

This is a company that offered an olive branch to Rushy and Evolution, offered them the ability to make any game they wanted...then did absolutely no advertising for said game, didn't explain to the general racing game populace what the idea for said racing game was, let the game die, and then subsequently shuttered Evolution, arguably only to get a hold on Evolution's weather tech.

Considering we are dealing with the modern Codemasters here, a company as craven and as unfeeling as people like to accuse EA of, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility to have SMS' as a studio's future on the line over an F&F game.

LivingWithGames and Pfei like this.