Fast and Furious Crossroads Announced: Coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One May 2020

While it is very early days, Ian did claim this title would blow the Need For Speed franchise out the water, back when Payback was recently released. Fast forward to the present and Heat is an impressive game and so far, this looks far less so.

With that said, I do want to be optimistic and hope this will turn out decent so I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Thats so typical for Ian Bell to say something like this. I am 100% certain his Madbox will blow PS5 and Xbox SX out of the water, too.

Yawn. Might pick it up on a big discount eventually, but I have very little interest in this compared to if they released PC3.

Ehhhhhh a sim racer company making it? Sounds like a bad idea. Its kinda given that games based on movies are utter trash. The last FandF game was just garbage.

bicepintensifies.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a very linear, NFS esq inspired mission based game. Character models look a bit naff...no sense of detail or emotion from them, expected better. Why do the graphics look so mediocre?

If they did something like FNF PS2, since that game was actually good. Got that game on release at the time when I got TXR Drift 2. That game really focused on racing/customization. The graphics were not that bad either probably one of the better Eutechnyx games out there. It's a bit too early to tell, and hoping those models are not the final product because if it is then I got no hope for it. The car models look alright to me, but since we don't have our hands on the game it's too early to tell right now. Pretty sure FNF PS2 got the same flak back then.

So... did I win or was that still not close enough? :lol:

First person to get it 'exactly' correct gets 500 pounds worth of pCARS2 kit. And I'm not saying it hasn't been correctly guessed, or otherwise :)

So, this new franchise.
I'd guess that the weather system of Project CARS 2 is too big not to be reused. It's sort of racing but not exactly? So it's got to be not on tracks. Even a Dakar licence is racing so it can't be that.
What sort of game would benefit the most from a fully dynamic engine? an open world game.
Now let's speculate. A massive franchise can be a film or series of films. I'm going for an open world Fast & Furious game.

Hang on, there's a thread just for that speculation...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ow-on-ps4-xb1-pc.342814/page-96#post-11786333
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ow-on-ps4-xb1-pc.342814/page-97#post-11786974

My expectations are somewhere between the Grand Tour game and recent NFSes (excluding Heat, because that is actually decent). Which is to say not much. Honestly SMS should just focus on PCARS but I guess now that they've been bought by Codemasters who knows if that will even continue in its current form.

The main problem with these types of games though, is the extremely finite lifespan. Once you've done story mode, what else is there to do? The gameplay is probably extremely linear and once you've seen it, there's really no incentive to do it again. I mean it could be a free open world game like GTA, but I doubt it. I'd much rather F&F does tie-in DLC cars with PCARS like they did with Forza a while back. Leave the storytelling to the movies.

It looks straight up bad.

Though, I will probably dust of my PS3 once it’s offered free on PS+.

Some people seem to have the impression SMS are only about Project Cars but they also produced the Red Bull Air Race game and they also worked on World of Speed. They are by sim racing standards a large studio, so need more than one string to their bow. I think I watched half of the first F&F movie so not a big fan and this is probably not for me, but I wish them well.

By comparison to those two games initial trailers, the Fast and Furious game still looks really bad and dated:

Those two games looks a little dated now but still doesn't look as bad as Fast and Furious Crossroads.

They will cancel Pcars and release another sequel to fast and furious game

I'm sure they would love a sequel to the F&F game but as I posted above, it's not a case of doing one or the other. They want (need) to do both. They started working on F&F while PC2 was in development and they started working on PC3 while F&F was in development. So F&F1 in 2020, PC3 in 2021, F&F2 in 2022. The big plus for Project Cars is its their IP. The problem with franchises like F&F is the licence can go to another studio.

Rewatching the trailer over and over again made my head hurt. It really looks so bad, I think it started as a mobile game, for that it would look decent.

Oh dear, and doesn't help SMS got bought by Codemasters. This game does not do well at all, and this might be SMS's final nail in the coffin. But judging by the dislikes, I think they are numbered.

Oh dear, and doesn't help SMS got bought by Codemasters. This game does not do well at all, and this might be SMS's final nail in the coffin. But judging by the dislikes, I think they are numbered.

I don't think Codemaster will judge them on that game, it should be in production for 2 years now based on the first time Ian teased about it. Also Ian Bell is the executive director at Codemasters now and remain as CEO of SMS, don't think SMS will get killed that easily.

I don't think Codemaster will judge them on that game, it should be in production for 2 years now based on the first time Ian teased about it. Also Ian Bell is the executive director at Codemasters now and remain as CEO of SMS, don't think SMS will get killed that easily.

This is a company that offered an olive branch to Rushy and Evolution, offered them the ability to make any game they wanted...then did absolutely no advertising for said game, didn't explain to the general racing game populace what the idea for said racing game was, let the game die, and then subsequently shuttered Evolution, arguably only to get a hold on Evolution's weather tech.

Considering we are dealing with the modern Codemasters here, a company as craven and as unfeeling as people like to accuse EA of, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility to have SMS' as a studio's future on the line over an F&F game.

Back