FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird thing is that I upgraded my internet.
I'm now on VDSL 50/4 Mbit/s, on console it shows 45/3 as tested just after disconnect.
I have 50ish latency across Europe.
Even more weird is that I used to play on wirelles connection to ISP with much bigger latency and slower speed which got me
1 or 2 disconnects during whole FIA test and official seasons.
Seems like better internet is somehow disadvantage :boggled:
I'll see how it goes further.

Weird thing is that I upgraded my internet.
I'm now on VDSL 50/4 Mbit/s, on console it shows 45/3 as tested just after disconnect.
I have 50ish latency across Europe.
Even more weird is that I used to play on wirelles connection to ISP with much bigger latency and slower speed which got me
1 or 2 disconnects during whole FIA test and official seasons.
Seems like better internet is somehow disadvantage :boggled:
I'll see how it goes further.

Were you the only one that disconnected? It looked like the entire room went down.

Forgot to screenshot but arrived 11th on the Blue Moon Bay with the 4C.
I honestly joined thinking i'd arrive last but i managed to keep up until 8th place, sadly i spun out on the last turn of 19th (but managed to only do a 360 and recovering on straight so i only lost few positions). A ferrari was almost thinking on shoving me to the pitbox at last lap as he knew he didn't get a good exit speed but he held back and let me take the 11th place :bowdown:

Now question, could you manage to do a no pit stop on the track?

S-FR + no pitstop = love ! :)
2018-10-10 22.17.14.jpg

I think this is the worst double race combo since I started playing :lol:

Blue Moon quali is pure luck (who gets the best slipstream) and if you don't quali say top 5 and a gap forms in front you're done. I qualified 20th because I never got a good slipstream and a gap formed in front of 16th on lap 2 or 3, so for the next 17-18 laps I'm just destined to sit at the back pointlessly swapping places. Got punted anyway so couldn't even battle for 16th. At least in previous seasons there was fuel/tyre strategy coming into play so there was some skill involved that way. My favourite was that time they had super high fuel or tyre (can't remember which) so you had to pit every 4 laps or thereabouts.

And Nations is one of the most atrocious tracks in the game backwards! I just don't think any of the corners work backwards, especially in these cars.

Anybody gone with and had any luck with the Mileage exchange Road cars for the Nations N500 race?

I've been practicing with the GrB lancer and I love the way it handles(I drive a Lancer IRL). I gave the mustang a whirl but with out TCS I could not keep the back end stable at all.

In GT league events the ME Road Cars just destroy the AI but I wonder if they are actually all that good once BOP is applied.

Anybody gone with and had any luck with the Mileage exchange Road cars for the Nations N500 race?

I've been practicing with the GrB lancer and I love the way it handles(I drive a Lancer IRL). I gave the mustang a whirl but with out TCS I could not keep the back end stable at all.

In GT league events the ME Road Cars just destroy the AI but I wonder if they are actually all that good once BOP is applied.

The Porsche 991 GT3 is the dominant car, I don't think the ME cars will be that competitive. The practice rooms I was in last night had 90% GT3's. Good luck tonight!

In the Nations I hated that 911, so went for the Lancer instead. Probably loses about 0.8 secs on the straights combined, but was more fun to me in the twisty bits.

Qualified in 12th, and instantly lost a place at the start to a Porsche driver. Proceeded then to have a fun race, picking off various cars when they made mistakes, and generally having a fun time. In the end I managed to work my way up to 8th, which I think was a decent result. Fastest non 911.

It's a bit of a shame the 911 is a bit overpowered otherwise this could have been quite close with a lot of different cars.

At the Manufacturers at Blue Moon I knew I would be in trouble, the Peugeot VGT is just slow on the oval. You would think it would be fast because of its design, but the understeer is a complete nightmare. Qualified 20th :)

Got stuck behind a couple of guys (strangely the same 2 guys who behind me in the manufacturers) for a few laps, and we lost touch with the pack, so thought this was going to be terrible, but eventually got by and managed to pull clear. Then a lot of people started coming into the pits and I thought why? Obviously a couple had damage, but I don't think this is a good idea in this race.

I just kept circulating and eventually was up to 6th, but the pack behind was catching. Got caught on lap 18, and since I had no tyres left they got past fairly easily. It was a real struggle doing the last corner, with virtually no rear left tyre, in the last couple of laps but managed to survive for 9th.

I've tried the 911 as well as ME cars so far, and honestly I might stick with the latter and hope that consistency and stability can keep up.

Still sticking with manufacturers so far this season. This time in what was probably the highest ranked lobby I've been in, I've been lucky with DR recently. Didn't manage to get a slipstream in quali and so qualified 17th. The Renault in front of me had a poor getaway and we started battling for a couple of laps. However, I saw the cars ahead pulling away so tried to avoid battling too hard. The Renault seemed to have slow top speed but was too slow to get ahead and stay ahead. So decided to stick behind him and see if he could catch up without me sending it every other corner. The group in front didn't really pull away but we weren't catching up as much as I'd have liked so any positions gained were through incidents or pitstops. The Renault got unlucky with one of the incidents and I managed to overtake and pull away slightly. Was in a 3 way battle for 6th on the last lap but got hit on the exit of the final corner and that driver ended up with a penalty so finished P7

Easily with the Lexus.
Man, i wonder if i could manage the 4th place if i didn't pit. I was personally scared since i was using a MR car and didn't want to arrive few laps with no tyre (although it didn't matter since i spun out because i pushed the car too much)

FIA 2018 EX Nations Cup S2R3

Qualified 7th, finished 11th. I was watching Bass's stream at the same time, so he is in the race alongside saika159- and CLS63AMG-sc. I actually outqualified Saika in my 911, while he was in the WRX. Come to the race and a massive squabble for 6th is unavoidable, even down to Saika causing my rear right suspension to be damaged. Then I bottled it on Lap 8, allowing Bass, who is in a GT-R NISMO, to pass me. Now, I have both rear right suspension damage AND rear aero damage, which means that my 911 gets massively squirrelly. In the end though, I managed to limp to 11th, and over 1K points in the bag! I'm currently 1st out of 4th in the Friend Rankings for the Asia/Oceania region since both of those guys just came from the Regional Final event, and tujuh3330000 did an earlier timeslot and scored 1204 points! But, he had an under 1K race so that's why I'm currently leading the Friends charts!

A win for me in Croatia! I didn't really deserve it but instead had it given to me. I was in a weak field of B drivers, only 688 points for p1 unfortunately. I ended up going with the 911. After some practice with it I was able to control it quite well and was about a second faster than the Lancer ME.

Qualifying started rough, i quit my out lap halfway through and restarted so I could drive free and easy. After an out lap and a half i wasn't left with too much time, to make matters worse my first hot lap I went way wide out of t2 and hit the wall causing damage. So another reset, my next hot lap went quite well, 2 seconds slower than my best practice laps but I had provisional pole by 1.3 seconds until a rather quick Panamanian took it by about .9. I was not able to improve my time so I qualified P2.

A rather uneventful race to be honest. The first few laps p3 nipped at me a bit but I think he had a bit of a mess up because he quickly fell back a few seconds. I think it was after lap 3 I was about 4-5 seconds behind p1 and p3 was about the same behind me. I thought Id finish p2 for sure until lap 7 p1 had a spill on the hex turns or what ever you'd call them, I slowed up to avoid an incident, passed him no problem as he made his way back onto the track and I sailed smoothly to finish, about 7 second ahead of p2, the panamanian dropped to p3.

Like I said, I didn't deserve it, I had it given to me. The lesson here? Know when to push. P1 was at most 5.4 seconds up on me, now I dont know what happened but my guess is he just kept pushing himself and took a spill. I noticed he had a few laps where he'd have a mess at these turns because he would be up 5 seconds then drop to a 2 second lead. Then gain a few seconds back. There is no reason to keep pushing when you have a solid lead. Sometimes you need to swallow your pride and take it a little easier and safer. There is a fine line to balance on between pushing too hard and taking it too slow, but keep your eye on the gap and manage it according. Race your race at your pace, you'll finish where you deserve.

Last edited:
Blue Moon race turned out amazing for me.

Qualified 18th because had to pit 3 times during qualifying because I hit the wall once, and 2 times people hit me in corners. Only had 1 clean lap in 10 mins.

Went from 18th all the way up to 2nd, but lost a place in the final lap. I put in 20 clean laps, that were the slowest laps of anyone, but I was saving my tries in all the corners. Didn't do a pit stop, but was getting caught in the last 5 laps, made one mistake in lap 18 on the final corner which brought in car #3 close to me in last lap.

Tires were done on the last lap, happy with a podium. Amazing experience.

tl;dr Qualified 18th, Finished 3rd :dunce:

First win since a long time at BMB tonight, around 1950 points.
The 911 wasn't the best car for this, top speed is very bad there, but i had a chance to have a Lexus '17 behind me bumping all the time and giving me the extra speed i needed to stay at the lead.
A very good thing with the 911 is the excelent grip that allow to spare the tires with still a very good speed in turns 1 and 3.
At the end of the 20 laps i was still having half tires left side.

Nations cup was good too, 3rd position all the race behind Outlaw quadrant and Turismo lester , but i've lost the place last lap after a stupid mistake in the multiple apex turn and finish 4th ... It was a good night for me overall.:)

The 911 wasn't the best car for this, top speed is very bad there, but i had a chance to have a Lexus '17 behind me bumping all the time and giving me the extra speed i needed to stay at the lead.
A very good thing with the 911 is the excelent grip that allow to spare the tires with still a very good speed in turns 1 and 3.

Nations cup was good too, 3rd position all the race behind Outlaw quadrant and Turismo lester , but i've lost the place last lap after a stupid mistake in the multiple apex turn and finish 4th ... It was a good night for me overall.:)

I was in your room. Qualified 19th with the Hyundai. Was running 8th on lap 11. Car felt good, I felt I could get to the end on the tires easily. After telling myself I didn't need to pit, I went into the pits. Fell to twelfth into traffic and got pushed into the wall. Finished 14th. Still kicking myself for pitting.

Flat out the worst qualifying session I've ever had in this game at Blue Moon. I had partnered up beforehand but what was a trio became a duo because someone disconnected. Couldn't quite hook up right away on track so I set a banker lap. Then came a hilarious sequence of events that included starting to draft someone before they pitted, having someone swerve right in front of me before starting a lap causing damage and a pit stop and coming up to a deserted part of the track. The best part was at the end where I finally was in a pack and was going to set a decent lap. But no, the pack suddenly slowed down after the last corner and I hit someone. Car destroyed, lap gone and just about out of time. I set one final flyer all by myself to start dead last in 18th.

Somehow, I slowly picked off cars and with good help from a yellow Ferrari, I found myself picking up positions one by one. Eventually, I got to a pack around halfway through the race and I think someone wanted to go into the pits. However, they put themselves outside through the final corner instead of inside. When they turned, it caught me by surprise and there was contact. Avoided damage and the other driver seemed okay but I think my partner then hit them and they crashed. The game decided to slap me with a five second penalty for that. Not much I could do except keep going until I ended up behind a Viper with the leaders far closer than expected. Unfortunately, I couldn't really help the Viper since I had to burn off all that penalty but we actually caught up to the top three drivers. I tried helping the original partner I had but the Lexus tires were shot and it felt like I was lacking grunt down the straight. Ended up 3rd which was easily the most ridiculous recovery drive ever.

Nations was a lot calmer. Set a rather good initial flier before pitting for a faster one. Then a really slow driver was ahead of me on track. I backed way way off to give myself room only to catch them up far too quickly. Didn't exactly matter since I botched my entry into the Instanbul-like section but I was certainly going to get blocked. Frustratingly, I barely missed out on pole but I tried keeping up with the leader. Pace was uneven which was unfortunately because I was strongest at the end. Still, lap times are not where I want them.

Didn't participate in Nations cup, but had a blast in Manufacturers cup at Blue Moon today. The 911 RSR isn't the best yet not the worst at this track and it showed. Qualifying went okay until the last second and last turn where I managed to snag P2. Racing went well after a tire strategy that makes a certain F1 team's look good nearly costed me a podium. I managed to secure a P2 finish after a Ford GT got a 5 second penalty after trying a last resort move. I gotta say, this 911 RSR has been a blast to drive so far! I'm getting nervous about the Cayman GT4 since it's the laughing stock of Gr.4, so we'll see how it goes.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181010204719.png

Here's an improvised celebratory image.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181010210419.png

I'm getting nervous about the Cayman GT4 since it's the laughing stock of Gr.4, so we'll see how it goes.
It should be great around Brands Hatch, though that track mostly favours 86s, 4Cs, and Mégane Trophies. In fact, the Cayman should be better than my M4!

It was a 911 that beat my GT-R on the line. I think my tyres gave up at the last corner on about lap 18, about 25% left on the left side and not being able to turn fully without skidding. Interesting to see what the other guy had left. I think I did well to be within 0.005 to be honest.

In the Nations I hated that 911, so went for the Lancer instead. Probably loses about 0.8 secs on the straights combined, but was more fun to me in the twisty bits.

Qualified in 12th, and instantly lost a place at the start to a Porsche driver. Proceeded then to have a fun race, picking off various cars when they made mistakes, and generally having a fun time. In the end I managed to work my way up to 8th, which I think was a decent result. Fastest non 911.

It's a bit of a shame the 911 is a bit overpowered otherwise this could have been quite close with a lot of different cars.

At the Manufacturers at Blue Moon I knew I would be in trouble, the Peugeot VGT is just slow on the oval. You would think it would be fast because of its design, but the understeer is a complete nightmare. Qualified 20th :)

Got stuck behind a couple of guys (strangely the same 2 guys who behind me in the manufacturers) for a few laps, and we lost touch with the pack, so thought this was going to be terrible, but eventually got by and managed to pull clear. Then a lot of people started coming into the pits and I thought why? Obviously a couple had damage, but I don't think this is a good idea in this race.

I just kept circulating and eventually was up to 6th, but the pack behind was catching. Got caught on lap 18, and since I had no tyres left they got past fairly easily. It was a real struggle doing the last corner, with virtually no rear left tyre, in the last couple of laps but managed to survive for 9th.

I was in that race, :P

The Blue Moon race that is

Dont know why someone in a Porsche pitted on lap 13, seemingly just for new tyres, the Evo chewed its tyres right up though. Was a mess ahead, pole sitter finished 12th, I managed to avoid all the trouble and was happy to finish where I did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back