FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally (I say normally we've only done 2) on Sundays (Funday Sunday). If I do any others it's normally after an FIA event, and then the final race in that lobby is usually wreck-fest/destruction derby for anyone to either vent anger or just have fun. In the new year I'm going to try run 1 every month at some point but again as I say to most people it's timing :(. I work Monday-Friday and FIA is Wednesday and Saturday so only Sunday is the real free day for anything gaming related but I want to experience the real world to on weekends haha!

I can't answer for Kie personally but he's usually doing FIA practice lobbies and open lobbies quite a lot more.

So tonight's going to be a possibility for some "fun" lol? *whips out the suicidal gr3 lambo*

Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you all keep enjoying GTS in 2019. :cheers:

Lot of DR A guys in the Top 10 at Tokyo, just the sort of track the ABS glitch will be at it's most effective...
dc6.jpg

K32
So tonight's going to be a possibility for some "fun" lol? *whips out the suicidal gr3 lambo*

Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you all keep enjoying GTS in 2019. :cheers:

My next one is planned for the 20th at the moment :).

This is my analysis of Nico driving line and his amazing 1:37.xxx time.

1- No pic of the first turn but he must have a rear brake balance to bring the car sliding to the apex then full gas when in line at the end of the slide right on the apex.

2- Full use of the track limits in turn 4 and 5
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181231133429.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181231133441.jpg

3- He enter the turn 7 on the left side
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181231133510.jpg

4-Then he brake progressivelly reducing the inertia of the car to the right side of the track , ready for the next left turn apex.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181231133533.jpg

5- staying inline with the maximum speed crossing the apex.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181231133549.jpg

6- Perfect fast out close to the limit of the track.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181231133611.jpg

7-Then using the allowed track limits again for this turn, you can gain a lot of time there. The KING. :bowdown:

I see what he's doing but it's not easy to nail all this for me :banghead:
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181231133133.jpg

1- No pic of the first turn but he must have a rear brake balance to bring the car sliding to the apex then full gas when in line at the end of the slide right on the apex.

View attachment 789881 View attachment 789882

View attachment 789883

4-Then he brake progressivelly reducing the inertia of the car to the right side of the track , ready for the next left turn apex.
View attachment 789884

View attachment 789885

View attachment 789886

7-Then using the allowed track limits again for this turn, you can gain a lot of time there. The KING. :bowdown:

View attachment 789887

And i get critizised for my lap with the R8 at interlagos xD

Hello guys!

This is my first post on Gtplanet :0

I'm wondering what you guys are doing in terms of pit strategy for Wednesdays FIA Nations Cup race... I think i'll be doing 1 pit at the end of lap 4.. However, I do think no pit stop may be viable.

Thanks

Hello guys!

This is my first post on Gtplanet :0

I'm wondering what you guys are doing in terms of pit strategy for Wednesdays FIA Nations Cup race... I think i'll be doing 1 pit at the end of lap 4.. However, I do think no pit stop may be viable.

Thanks

No stop my friend.

View attachment 789881 View attachment 789882

View attachment 789883

View attachment 789884

View attachment 789885

View attachment 789886

View attachment 789887
I'm going to try those track limits. I'm knowhere that far inboard. For 30 minutes, I was stuck on a 40.8xx in the FuguZ. I jumped in the S-FR and first lap, did a 40.7xx.
Now, seeing this, that's got to be at least, 1+ seconds quicker.

I am unable to get the S-FR to work. I hit "Free Practice". The S-FR shows up in green with "Car Settings Required". But I don't know what to do after that. Help?

I am unable to get the S-FR to work. I hit "Free Practice". The S-FR shows up in green with "Car Settings Required". But I don't know what to do after that. Help?
Reduce it's power so that it becomes N200, once that's done the BoP will sort itself out

Reduce it's power so that it becomes N200, once that's done the BoP will sort itself out

I move power ratio from 100% all the way down. Still nothing. The lowest it will go is N300.

Oh ok I see. I have to increase Power Level Up to 3 then move the slider back down. Thanks anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Which track limits did you exceed ?
I have 4 wheels off, killing a cone, at the left hander after the climb up the hill.

I did my First Nations race, qualified 2nd, with a 1:41.875. Finished 2nd. Pole sitter finished 3rd and 3rd quamlifier won the race. Fair hard racing from is three, but I'm too courteous.

The second race, I quit. I made sure I was last out the pits. Times were immediately in the 40.xxx.
I did a 40.7xx and noticed someone entered the pits on the out lap. Figured I wouldn't catch them in my 3rd lap. Well, caught up to them and they could see I was coming and they just slowed me down at the esses.

I pitted with 3 minutes to go. Got one last lap in but only good for 14th. The player that impeded me, was 18th and got a lap in to qualify 7th. Just wrong.

Had a good battle down the back for 16,17,18 positions. Player in 16th messed up. So it was a fight between two of us. On lap 6, a car goes off track, re-enters in front of the player ahead. He ghosts through. I move over to give room. As we come to the final left hairpin, it divebombs the inside and bumps me. Really? It wasn't even up to speed to challenge for the position. First time I ever quit an FIA race. Taking a break from those races.

4th in Manufacturers, missed a podium and best of the non Ford/Peugeot finishers by 0.65 on the line. Between that, Nations and one each of Race A and C earlier I'm up 1900 DR points on the day, quite happy with that.

WTF, they changed the time for the FIA races and now the first one begins at 22:00 Brazil time for the Latam region. I'm an optimist and don't like complain much, but I'm starting to believe there're some really dumb people working at PD. Such an irrational decision considering that probably 50% - if not more - of the players of this region are in Brazil.

I only do one FIA race, only Manufacturer's, but 22:00 is a bit too late for me. I wonder how many people will be able to participate in both Nations and Manufacturer's now... 22:00 on a Saturday night? Midnight race during a weekday? Thanks, but no.

Yeah I was surprised to see the first race for Manufacturer is 19:10. I guess the girlfriend will be taking her codine ahead of schedule :D

I think qualifying still needs a lot of work. This Nations Cup Test Season is basically a slipstream festival. Perhaps just have 10 minutes to yourself in qualifying and then do the race together, or turn off slipstream

Didn't really go very well on my 1st races of the new year.

Made a mess of the Nations. Qualifying wasn't very good, and since everyone was quite close there was 6 tenths between 4th and 14th(me). Race was going ok but made a silly mistake touching the grass and spinning and that was that. Lost interest and made a few more mistakes and finished 14th.

Manufacturers was a bit better as the Peugeot VGT is pretty fast. Qualified in 3rd with a VW Golf and 2 Ford GT's, in close proximity. Was all going good until I made a mistake at the chicane and touched the wall to get a 1.5 sec penalty. Then got a 2 sec penalty when I got sandwiched out of the hairpin just after I served that penalty. That dropped me into the pack and from then on it was the normal fight to the death at Tokyo. Had a good race with Tob-Racer and Fullturtle though so was fun with the occasional expletive from me when the below happened :)

Apologies to G4Z_Cris as I got mistaken identity on the guy who smushed me into the wall at the end. Got confused as the Jag driver got a penalty for doing it to me and dropped behind me.

Guys, you all have to change your internet provider. Seriously, I can't concentrate when you are all lagging around the track.

lol looks like you got the bad connection they all probably see things fine

Funny Video tho lolol Spooky lol

lol looks like you got the bad connection they all probably see things fine

Funny Video tho lolol Spooky lol

Yeah, I'm sorry for the guys behind me. Thankfully, after the first 2 laps my connection was back to normal. The weather is currently very bad here in Austria, maybe that was the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back