FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nations was a great race, even with the weak draft that I hate. Good points. Only did this race once.

For Manufacturers I had a big problem on the Vantage performance, the car has really bad top end for that enormous straight, it's a sitting duck. Did the race 3 times, this one was my second try on the highest points room.

When you can race several races slots, people don't care about their actions and consequences.
Please PD , back to the last configuration , or only one single race or you lose your previous result if you try another attempt.
People have to be more responsible of their acts.

Welcome to the EU

I see that you have already started the Spanish lessons!

I completely agree with your statement in support of returning to just the 1 attempt to get a result, rather than 5. A completely unrealistic racing mindset / etiquette is being displayed now, because of this change. Players are now taking unrealistic, in reality, risks, to get the highest points, this usually ends up in doing things that make them look bad.

Did Nations yesterday in the SFR. The grid was filled with other SFRs.

After qualifying all the top cars all had no liveries. And all the cars in the back all had custom liveries. It was kind of funny. I guess I should have spent more time lapping and less time on decorating. :lol:

Long video as I was on for 4 races last night. Overall not so bad, but man I hate N200.

There are easy timestamps to all the race starts if you check the pinned comment on the video page.
25:15 - Nations 1 (6th 1044pts)
1:35:48 - MFG 1 (8th 1009pts) lol forgot to fuel and experienced brake issue
2:36:20 - MFG 2 (2nd 1377pts)
3:25:35 - Nations 2 (12th 494pts)

Only had chance for one race last night, so did the first manufacturers slot. Managed to pull out one of my best laps on this game and that put me pole by 8 tenths. Lost the lead going into T1 but got it back going into lap 2. After that I pulled away from the pack, pitted on lap 5 from softs onto mediums. Got a 1.5s penalty on lap 8 but luckily I had a big enough gap to keep the lead bring home the win. Pace was really good, though it did help that the Huracan is good around here, and it wasn't the top split. Judging by Tidgney's first race, I was lucky to avoid getting into any major battles.

That win also meant I also finally got to A+ DR for the first time. I didn't really try farming to get there as I knew it'd probably bite me later and I probably won't last long, but nice to reach it anyway :D

Quebracoco lol

whats your asain account ID like

Tapioqueiro?
Exactly this.... :lol: Quebracoco is the brand of my beloved surfboards i've owned in the 80's , it's also a kind of strong shorebreak (Coconuts breaker) i loved to surf a few decades ago :cheers: 84 is the year i've moved to Brasil.

2 races on my EU account yesterday and 1 on BR account after the job , I love this car, it was very fun .

Yeah, I'm sorry for the guys behind me. Thankfully, after the first 2 laps my connection was back to normal. The weather is currently very bad here in Austria, maybe that was the reason.

Funny to watch it may have been, but as the person directly behind Nussini his lag effectively meant anyone outside the Top 6 was in a separate race. Trying to slipstream someone that wasn't there for the first two laps meant the top 6 disappeared off up the road while I tried to get into some sort of rhythm as he glitched all over the road.

(1:31:32)

Only had chance for one race last night, so did the first manufacturers slot. Managed to pull out one of my best laps on this game and that put me pole by 8 tenths. Lost the lead going into T1 but got it back going into lap 2. After that I pulled away from the pack, pitted on lap 5 from softs onto mediums. Got a 1.5s penalty on lap 8 but luckily I had a big enough gap to keep the lead bring home the win. Pace was really good, though it did help that the Huracan is good around here, and it wasn't the top split. Judging by Tidgney's first race, I was lucky to avoid getting into any major battles.

That win also meant I also finally got to A+ DR for the first time. I didn't really try farming to get there as I knew it'd probably bite me later and I probably won't last long, but nice to reach it anyway :D

We are in the same manufacturer, Ive only done two races this season so far - did you run softs or mediums?

We are in the same manufacturer, Ive only done two races this season so far - did you run softs or mediums?
Ran softs for the first 5 laps and mediums for the last 6. I normally go for the harder compound with this car as it's a pain on tyres

Ran softs for the first 5 laps and mediums for the last 6. I normally go for the harder compound with this car as it's a pain on tyres
Yea ran meds all the way meant I was a sitting duck for the first lap dropped 3 places from my 8th Qualifying result but it left the option open to me to run an extra lap on my first stint, planned 5 did 6, meant I could gap the slower traffic which worked out great because the places I’d lost I gained back and then made headway up the field managed a forth in a top split lobby, but the difference was they were able to run softs and the Lambo cant, it royally annoys me that tyre wear for the Lambo is so bad.

Yea ran meds all the way meant I was a sitting duck for the first lap dropped 3 places from my 8th Qualifying result but it left the option open to me to run an extra lap on my first stint, planned 5 did 6, meant I could gap the slower traffic which worked out great because the places I’d lost I gained back and then made headway up the field managed a forth in a top split lobby, but the difference was they were able to run softs and the Lambo cant, it royally annoys me that tyre wear for the Lambo is so bad.
Nice job, yeah tyre wear is a bit much on it

Did the Blue Moon Bay Manufacturer today and have fun, gaining 2K DR in 3 races. Was going to finish first or second in a race but this happened:(

A trick for those who are going to do the races later today to learn (or avoid);)

Did the Blue Moon Bay Manufacturer today and have fun, gaining 2K DR in 3 races. Was going to finish first or second in a race but this happened:(

A trick for those who are going to do the races later today to learn (or avoid);)

I simply don't understand why people keep doing this. They know it will as a minimum give the person they hit an SR down and at worst, if done too many times, a disqualification. You can't blame that on the penalty system. It's just really bad driving and sportsmanship.

Keith.

You can't blame that on the penalty system. It's just really bad driving and sportsmanship.

Keith.

You can blame it on both. Any system which makes it very easy to give another driver an unfair penalty (tapping the car ahead and then hitting the wall yourself, which is very easy on street circuits or ovals), is a bad system. The programming which allows an instant pre-determined time penalty for 'being bumpdrafted and the other driver then tapping the wall' should also be to blame.

You can blame it on both. Any system which makes it very easy to give another driver an unfair penalty (tapping the car ahead and then hitting the wall yourself, which is very easy on street circuits or ovals), is a bad system. The programming which allows an instant pre-determined time penalty for 'being bumpdrafted and the other driver then tapping the wall' should also be to blame.

I could understand if the driver had a rating of D/C. They might not know all of the nuances of the game. But this is not the case. A driver who is B/S or above simply knows better.

Keith.

I could understand if the driver had a rating of D/C. They might not know all of the nuances of the game. But this is not the case. A driver who is B/S or above simply knows better.

Keith.

I said you can blame both.

You can blame the driver AND the system for even allowing it to happen.

VeeDoubleU.

Whats most annoying is for the FIA Blue Moon oval race PD can disable Brake Balance but wont adjust bump drafting for this stand alone race. Baffling.

Whats most annoying is for the FIA Blue Moon oval race PD can disable Brake Balance but wont adjust bump drafting for this stand alone race. Baffling.

Probably because some people don't know how to bump draft. You don't bump draft in a corner! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Probably because some people don't know how to bump draft. You don't bump draft in a corner! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thats easy to code surely, Bump draft no zones ie corners, its crazy that its assuming a brake check every bump draft around an oval.

Maybe they trying to promote not making contact with other drivers. Last I checked its not a team thing so its unfair to get a buddy to help you.

It is lame tho when somebody coming in from behind too hot tags you and your SR takes a hit. It should be the guy hitting taking SR loss and penalties.

So buddy missed his brake marker uses next guy as a brake and makes the corners while pushing next guy off track into an SR loss.

Kinda BS

Honestly tho got no sympathies for buddy who got badly hit on SR ect for bump drafting with a mate. Got what you deserved IMO tried to cheat and got nailed.

Wanted to try this out just for fun and it went out well i guess xD
Lost a bit of time fighting against gianludea and on the last lap but the pace was good (for 70 min practise in total xD)

Attachments

• RNFetchBlobTmp_k65xz0xt1teqqok3tfwehi.jpg
    RNFetchBlobTmp_k65xz0xt1teqqok3tfwehi.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back