FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to try this out just for fun and it went out well i guess xD
Lost a bit of time fighting against gianludea and on the last lap but the pace was good (for 70 min practise in total xD)
I hate you.

:P just kidding. I welcome our new alien overlords.

First attempt at Manufacturers was a disaster, not least because of my occasionally malfunctioning controller not steering into the first corner.

For the first time ever I've attempted an FIA race for the second time, and I won. From pole. In a B/B lobby so I got a whopping 508 points from it, which was lower than the race I did earlier. Well then.

The oval treated my Audi kindly tonight, I think it's the first time I've won one of the top races. It's interesting to see how the race intensifies as it goes on, at the start everybody is polite but after the stops the bump drafting comes. SR is nice and all but it doesn't matter when it's the last race of the night and everybody wants the win!

Manufactures Race.
UTTER BOTTLEJOB!!

I thought it would be risky but gave it a go anyway. Qualified 9th and worked on the principle of keeping my nose clean. Any kind of penalty is obviously going to cost you big here.

This worked well through the first half of the race as a few people ahead picked up penalties and went flying back theough the field.

After the pit stops P1 & 2 have managed to build a gap between a group of 4 that I was in. There was a huge gap behind us.

We jostle for position but I largely follow this group hoping someone either bottles it or that more penalties will be picked up, that sadly doesn't happen.

Anyway we get to the last lap and I can't believe I've held it together for 24 laps of BMB and 3rd place is on the cards. Its at this point I start making bad choices. I've got a run on everyone coming up to turn 1 of the last lap and decide to go for it. Should have waited as there's no point leading this group with most of the lap left to go. One of the cars has managed to stay ahead but is going slower than normal through the corner, probably because of worn tyres. It's at this point I make another bad choice and kick the car down into 3rd gear......
TC is turned off and the tyres are worn. Around I go! Goodbye 3rd - 6th place.

After spinning again trying to recover AND the game putting the boot in with a 1.4 second penalty for good measure I finish 9th. Exactly where I started.

The good points were it being crazy good fun and everyone keeping it clean, that was really great to see. I also gained 16 SR so there was that, back up to 94.

Kicking myself though!

Manufacturers didn't go very well. Qualified down in 15th, missed the slipstream by a little and that is that. Ran reasonably well for the 1st half, was 5 secs down on the leaders but sitting behind a group and just staying out of trouble. Pitted on lap 12 for new tyres and then hit the next lap hard and managed to jump up to 10th after the pitstops. Unfortunately that just put me in the line of fire and someone decided to drive me into the wall. By the time I had recovered I was back in the mire and 1 spin on exit of the 1st corner put me dead last when I was trying to avoid a crash ahead of me. Peugeot VGT is a bit of a struggle on the ovals so didn't really fancy trying again.

In the Nations I decided to try something a bit different and ran the Mazda LM55. I figured that the better tyre wear would work in the race by being a little easier to drive. Qualification went ok and managed to get 11th behind a field of Nissan's. Race was solid for the first few laps, managing to maintain my position until I pitted at just before the half way point. Again I went hard after the pit stop and made up a number of places and soon found myself in 6th. There was no chance to catch the 1st or 2nd places, but 3rd was in reach. Managed to get into 5th and then on the last lap 4th hit 3rd going into Acari and then tried to scrub his penalty on the exit. I hit him twice, lost all my speed and lost 2 places - should have been 3rd, ended up 6th :(

The real disappointment was that I couldn't use the cool butterfly livery @Cytoria created as he did it for the non-grp1 car :(

Qualified 6th on Monza. Thought I'd do OK.

Pushed into the orange barrier into the chicane lap 1. Can't move. Red message comes up and tells me I'll be DQed next contact. Finally able to move after all the cars are well past. Battle to finish last. Lose 900 DR.

Do not hit the orange barriers. They are glitched.

I’m about to do my first FIA Race in a few minutes, the Manufacturers race in the Ford GT. I got my time down to 43.223 but I’m unsure about tire wear or fuel strategies. You guys just running full power the whole time?

I actually won a Manufacturers race for the first time in a field of A/S and up drivers (I've won several against drivers ranked B/S and lower before). I tried to do all 5 races, because the ovals are where I'm most competitive, but the stupid game disconnected me before I even got loaded into the 1st one.

In the 2nd one, I got a 4 sec. penalty for an unknown "offense" (seriously, I don't even know why I had it. I was running in the front pack, things closed up a lot in turn 2, and a few of us touched, but nothing major. Somehow out of all of us that made contact I was the only one who ended up with a penalty). I tried to do a no-stop to make up for that, but of course that didn't work...I ended up finishing 7th after qualifying 2nd.

3rd race, I decided to take on a splash of fuel just in case I got stuck by myself in the 2nd half of the race with no one to slipstream and save fuel with. It turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy, as my little delay with taking fuel meant that everyone I came into the pits with left slightly before me, and I lost the draft...I finished either 5th or 6th, again after qualifying 2nd.

4th race, I somehow qualified on pole, and fought the same 3 cars for the whole race. I went to the outside of the final corner, and took the lead, but one of the cars to the inside must not have expected me to be there, because he drove straight into the side of me and knocked me into the wall. The car right behind me had no where to go and slammed into the back of me and shot me forward. We ended the race 4-wide across the line with me winning. But of course this wouldn't be GT Sport without this stupid game managing to screw something up...I went to save the replay from this awesome race, aaaaand the game decided to only save 95% of it (it cuts to black halfway through lap 24, and shuts the entire game down if I try to fast forward). So now I don't even have a replay from my first "legitimate" (against A/S drivers) FIA win... :banghead: :grumpy: 🤬

5th race, and thanks to my win the previous race, my DR gets a nice little boost, so the game puts me in with a few "aliens". I could only qualify 7th, but I stayed with the lead pack until the pit stops, when most of the lead pack pitted early (lap 10), and I decided to stay out until lap 12. Big, mistake because the people who pitted early gained about 2 seconds on us, mostly because no one who was with me wanted to stop fighting and just stay in line until the pit stops. Since I lost the lead draft, I figured I'd try to work with the other person I was racing against and try to bump-draft up to the leaders. I figured it was worth costing us both a couple SR, and if we stayed clean, we'd both have net positive SR gains by the time the race ended. Unfortunately, my "partner" wound up getting disqualified partially thanks to me pushing him. :ouch: I wound up finishing 5th for my troubles. I'd honestly forgotten it was possible to be disqualified for nonsense like that (I've never even gotten a warning before unless I was deliberately rage-quitting by parking offline and letting the game kick me for sitting still too long). I won't be bump-drafting anyone again, that's for sure...

Did Nations once. Bad qualy, decent race. Shame that 90% of the drivers are glitching the penalties on the zone. PD needs to either fix it quickly or just ditch it and just add the pens to the total time.

Manu I ran twice, first one is below. I don't know what happened in the start, I almost spun, lost some positions, and later was pintched into the wall when terrible drivers try to overtake you at all costs. Please bring the North Americans back, I can't stand of having people with no race craft racing on top tier rooms when they shouldn't.

These FIA races look like fun but im not sure i would fare too well on them!Are they just for the top drivers or are beginners able to take part as well?I dont want to screw up somebodys race with my lack of experience.

These FIA races look like fun but im not sure i would fare too well on them!Are they just for the top drivers or are beginners able to take part as well?I dont want to screw up somebodys race with my lack of experience.
You're matched against people your own level, same as daily races.

Did Nations once. Bad qualy, decent race. Shame that 90% of the drivers are glitching the penalties on the zone. PD needs to either fix it quickly or just ditch it and just add the pens to the total time.

Manu I ran twice, first one is below. I don't know what happened in the start, I almost spun, lost some positions, and later was pintched into the wall when terrible drivers try to overtake you at all costs. Please bring the North Americans back, I can't stand of having people with no race craft racing on top tier rooms when they shouldn't.

What do you mean by Glitching the Penalties? What are they doing?

Ok,i didnt realise that.I just thought maybe they are for the better drivers,thanks again.

By braking only slightly in an ultra-precise manner and timing so that the brakes are disabled instead of enforced.

Thanks or the info, I didn’t even know that was a thing. I just did my first two FIA races yesterday so it was my first experience with the penalty zones.

Doesn't even need to be precise. You only have to activate the brakes when the game is slowing you down, it will cut the automatic braking, your car will coast and the penalty will continue to burn.

Decided to do a separate video for the first Nations race I did. All the other races were kinda messy. Those that saw my stream knows. :lol:

Did nations 3 times. The first two I was on for a podium in the second split and made mistakes.

Third race was top split and got punted off lap 1. Managed a surprising recovery from last place to P8.

Had the pace last night but just not the luck for a clean race.

I did the Manufacturers race last night. And after railing against the machine about bump drafting, I had enough. My strategy for this race was simple. On the first stint I would try to keep up with the leaders and save fuel at the same time. Depending on how things shake out, I would then try my best to apply pressure when needed. But some people still love to bump draft. So starting on Lap 15, I switched positions with the person bumping me and proceeded to give him some of his own medicine. Not proper but I had my fill with this behaviour. After his wall riding techniques, he finally got a penalty and I rode off into the sunset. My first FIA race win. Tainted, but I'll take it.

Keith.

OK, I have a question. How is it that you're all able to stream and upload vids of your Nations Cup races at Monza no problems, when Nik_Makozi also made a stream with some good quality racing, only to be claimed by someone for copyright reasons!?

The overtake he pulled in the last corner of his first race of the day was amazing to say the least, and it would be nice if us viewers could revisit moments like that.

K32
OK, I have a question. How is it that you're all able to stream and upload vids of your Nations Cup races at Monza no problems, when Nik_Makozi also made a stream with some good quality racing, only to be claimed by someone for copyright reasons!?

Kie tweeted that it's been happening to him as well (and for months) by F1. He said it may have something to do with how their system 'detects' copyrighted content despite not being F1 content. Who knows, the whole thing is a mess.

Reactions: K32
Kie tweeted that it's been happening to him as well (and for months) by F1. He said it may have something to do with how their system 'detects' copyrighted content despite not being F1 content. Who knows, the whole thing is a mess.

So how can it be fixed? @Tidgney maybe you might be able to help since you have streams up from Saturday's races.

Bit late with these but both were poor results anyway. I caused an avoidable incident in each so was not happy with my driving but here's highlights anyway.

Nations

Manufacturers

K32
So how can it be fixed? @Tidgney maybe you might be able to help since you have streams up from Saturday's races.

I have no idea why mine hasn't been claimed, I'm actually surprised and was on Sunday when I thought it might just be delayed. I'd have to know why theres has been flagged (Audio vs Video). I also put in a lot of "anger" in the British kind of way when they claimed my 0 - 75k one awhile ago, so maybe someone actually read that and gave me some form of "Exemption"? I doubt it though, and it's just some weird luck.

This is my first time trying the FIA races.

I'm addicted to the daily reward car and have over 500 cars. But so far I've had to buy the P1 GTR, R92CP & E-type. Around 5,000,00 Cr.

Racing is expensive. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back