FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josese as back up. :lol:
Tsu tsu might end up as a back up too if he's not lucky.

Great system :dunce:
It's not hard to figure out the guaranteed manufacturer series world tour representatives and first and second backups, Outlaw has a whole spreadsheet with it. I also had one but gave up now the website has the global manu ranking. This recent link also shows the order of the regions within each manufacturer https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/news/00_8009073.html

Don't worry about Tsu Tsu he's represting the 3rd best region for Lexus. Akagi has no chance of going to NY as Mazda is not in the top 12. There are other hard luck cases of very fast racers not going to world tours for manufacturer series but... such is manufacturer series.

Surely some of the top drivers will use strategy to give themselves a good chance of getting to the finals? I mean Toyota in EMEA had 4 drivers over 8000 points and VW had 4 over 7500 points. Admittedly their points may not be as high, but they would probably have a better chance of getting there than sticking in a tough manufacturer group.

eg. Jaguar in Asia, Subaru in North America, BMW in Oceania etc.

Josete as back up. :lol:
Tsu tsu might end up as a back up too if he's not lucky.

Great system :dunce:

Lamb and Gilles were way faster than Josete on the races in their regions, total time and qualifying wise. I'm not sure about Jara, but I think so too. These 3 are proper fast, don't get ahead of yourself.

Lamb and Jara are also on top 3 in nations for their regions and are going to compete there for NY.

Lamb and Gilles were way faster than Josete on the races in their regions, total time and qualifying wise. I'm not sure about Jara, but I think so too. These 3 are proper fast, don't get ahead of yourself.

Lamb and Jara are also on top 3 in nations for their regions and are going to compete there for NY.

Do you know how to read? I criticized the system, not the drivers.

Splitting North and South America makes no sense, while leaving EMEA as a single region at the same time. Jara and Lamb wouldn't have the points they have if they were competing against each other as before.

Also, would you agree it's much harder for Josete (or anyone else) to have the same results in EMEA as any other top driver from any other region atm?

Every driver for the top12 manuf should qualify if PD split the regions as awkwardly as they do atm.

Hello everyone. Two doubts:
1) Why did not they publish the Nations Cup video of Central and South America and Oceania?
2) My rating returned to A +. Will they re-open the registration form in S?

Do you know how to read? I criticized the system, not the drivers.

Splitting North and South America makes no sense, while leaving EMEA as a single region at the same time. Jara and Lamb wouldn't have the points they have if they were competing against each other as before.

Also, would you agree it's much harder for Josete (or anyone else) to have the same results in EMEA as any other top driver from any other region atm?

Every driver for the top12 manuf should qualify if PD split the regions as awkwardly as they do atm.

Calm down.

The system is flawed, I agree with you. But IMO these 3 drivers deserved their spots more than Josete, by analyzing their performances all together.

Although it is much harder for Josete to make it because of competition, Alfa couldnt have got a much better calendar than last season, and I believe, even with the level of EMEA, he couldve made it.

Overall, I believe all 3 drivers qualified deserved their spot, even pondering difficulty in each region.

If America were one region again, I dont believe Jara wouldve picked Alfa. Lamb and Jara are teammates as well.

Hello everyone. Two doubts:
1) Why did not they publish the Nations Cup video of Central and South America and Oceania?
2) My rating returned to A +. Will they re-open the registration form in S?

1) I don't know XD

2) I believe this is related to players that did not race/get Dr. S in the Manufacturers pre-season. A lot of the top 60 in Nations aren't Dr.S yet (I'm since stage 1 but it disappear too). I suggest waiting until tomorrow's maintenance to see it, but I believe this will be resolved.

Last edited:
Calm down.

The system is flawed, I agree with you. But IMO these 3 drivers deserved their spots more than Josete, by analyzing their performances all together.

Although it is much harder for Josete to make it because of competition, Alfa couldnt have got a much better calendar than last season, and I believe, even with the level of EMEA, he couldve made it.

Overall, I believe all 3 drivers qualified deserved their spot, even pondering difficulty in each region.

If America were one region again, I dont believe Jara wouldve picked Alfa. Lamb and Jara are teammates as well.

You implied I'm criticizing the drivers or implying they don't deserve to be there. So you should calm down. The system is flawed and that was my point. Nothing else.

You implied I'm criticizing the drivers or implying they don't deserve to be there. So you should calm down. The system is flawed and that was my point. Nothing else.

I'm very calm. It did sound to me you were understimating the drivers, I was wrong, so I apologize for my bad judgement.

You then came hot on my neck asking if I knew how to read, uncalled-for imo.

I'm very calm. It did sound to me you were understimating the drivers, I was wrong, so I apologize for my bad judgement.

You then came hot on my neck asking if I knew how to read, uncalled-for imo.

I'm not dumb. I know very well Jara, Lamb and Gilles are aliens. The point was about the system and how the regions are splitted. I thought it was pretty obvious with the words "Great system" in there. You were the one telling me to not get ahead of myself for criticizing the system.

The way the regions are splitted makes no sense whatsoever. Not only you have smaller regions splitted into 2 while leaving the largest one unchanged, but you see aliens in Europe fighting (calculator in hand) for a spot when they would get it in other regions and, even worse, drivers for Honda and Mazda in Asia winning their races and not making into the live events.

The system is a big joke.

Hmm it's that time again, the most difficult decision of my life, not whether I should feed my kid who cares about that ****.

Its time to figure out which manufacturer to choose!

Which are the top say 4 or 5 manufacturers? last time I picked AM but I hated their GR.4 car.

I like Audis Gr.4 TT, but absolutely hate the Gr.3 traction nightmare on a controller.

So this is a tough choice, is there a way to see what tracks we will race on before picking a manufacturer?

Hmm it's that time again, the most difficult decision of my life, not whether I should feed my kid who cares about that ****.

Its time to figure out which manufacturer to choose!

Which are the top say 4 or 5 manufacturers? last time I picked AM but I hated their GR.4 car.

I like Audis Gr.4 TT, but absolutely hate the Gr.3 traction nightmare on a controller.

So this is a tough choice, is there a way to see what tracks we will race on before picking a manufacturer?

Go with subaru or with Mazda ^^

I'm not dumb. I know very well Jara, Lamb and Gilles are aliens. The point was about the system and how the regions are splitted. I thought it was pretty obvious with the words "Great system" in there. You were the one telling me to not get ahead of myself for criticizing the system.

The way the regions are splitted makes no sense whatsoever. Not only you have smaller regions splitted into 2 while leaving the largest one unchanged, but you see aliens in Europe fighting (calculator in hand) for a spot when they would get it in other regions and, even worse, drivers for Honda and Mazda in Asia winning their races and not making into the live events.

The system is a big joke.

Dividing the regions makes sense because of lag issues. The division of the spots is an (the) issue that they can't really get it sorted.

Go with subaru or with Mazda ^^

It's such a difficult choice! Even Sophies choice wasn't this difficult, all these shiny, precious manufacturers!

haha, I'm torn between a few for a few different reasons:

- Ford, because I won 55 races at Catalunya when it was the GT3 race there and it was a superb, underrated race car.
- Ferrari because I'm currently using the Gr.4 version for the goodwood track, & it feels pretty good.
- Lambo because they're usually quick & not too difficult to control
- Merc because I love the GT3 car
- Peugeot because I'm sure someone said there would be possible 1 stops with it.

Dividing the regions makes sense because of lag issues. The division of the spots is an (the) issue that they can't really get it sorted.

Sorry to jump in on this, but Regions imo should be optional.

What I mean is, you should have the option to switch reason as you move around the globe.

I am British, but my PSN account is American because for the last decade I buy all my games digitally from the US because it's cheaper... But that means I have to race against Americans...

I've lived in Toronto for a few years and it was fine racing then (it was when the game realised until end of 2018) because I was close to that region anyway, but now there's a huge difference in location to the people I am racing... So not only am I racing against some bad connections (fortunately my internet is fibreoptic 250mb) but there's also the natural latency I will face because of the sheer distance.

I wish PD would either give us the option to switch regions at the start of each season or whatever... or if they detect your IP is within a certain region, put us there.

I'd much rather race fellow brits, instead I'm on my own and I have that US flag next to my name!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should race accordingly to your IP adress. Lag spikes can destroy other peoples race without you even noticing. Matchmaking would put you on the lowest ping servers.

Being locked by the location of your PSN is not the best, but probably the simplest method to divide people into regions. And it works satisfactory cause you need to prove residence on your country to make it to lan events.

I think you should race accordingly to your IP adress. Lag spikes can destroy other peoples race without you even noticing. Matchmaking would put you on the lowest ping servers.

Being locked by the location of your PSN is not the best, but probably the simplest method to divide people into regions. And it works satisfactory cause you need to prove residence on your country to make it to lan events.

You and I went over this last year. Now with the region split it has helped us, but I opened an Argentine account to reduce lag. However, I saw in the latest Terms & Conditions that my province is ineligible, so I might have to race with my USA account and just buy a ticket to my other home when I [never] get invited to an event :lol:. Do you have any idea how strict PD is on these backwater Patagonian provinces being excluded? I guess I could just say "oh just use my US address and I'll fly from there" :nervous:

Yea I mean I'm fortunate in the respect that my internet is solid, so when I race against other US guys there's usually no issue.

The problem is when I race south Americans, because generally they have lesser internet as it is, but factor in the latency between me & them and it can become more like a dragonball z fight with the amount of teleportations.

Edit: I also think that North & south America should be their own regions.

There is no reason Brazilians/Argentinians should be racing with people from the US, the games population isn't that low.

Yea I mean I'm fortunate in the respect that my internet is solid, so when I race against other US guys there's usually no issue.

The problem is when I race south Americans, because generally they have lesser internet as it is, but factor in the latency between me & them and it can become more like a dragonball z fight with the amount of teleportations.

It's 90% latency and 10% modem setup. It doesn't matter if anyone has "lesser" internet. A 3Mbit DSL connection is all you need to play online. Latency is a huge issue in the americas though due to the enormous distances.

It's 90% latency and 10% modem setup. It doesn't matter if anyone has "lesser" internet. A 3Mbit DSL connection is all you need to play online. Latency is a huge issue in the americas though due to the enormous distances.

That's not true at all.

if you barely have the bandwidth to play online, you will struggle more to get a stable connection.

Latency absolutely plays a part, but South American internet IS lesser quality than the likes of the US/Canada/UK etc & it does play a factor.

To pretend that it doesn't play a factor, or that your country someone doesn't have a worse infrastructure in that regard, is not only untrue but shows that you're just not being objective at all.

Argentina & Brazil for example both have less than half of the average speed for fixed broadband compared to the UK, and even less compared to the US & Canada.

It's already bad enough that most users still have the standard HDD in their PS4 & didn't upgraded to a Solid State, but with lesser internet connections you only increase the chance of being laggy as hell online.

You can't tell me that these countries with average fixed broadband speeds of 25mbps (download) suddenly have 1:1 ratios for Download/Upload... They most likely have 10:1 ratios like lots of other countries... or maybe 5:1 if theyre lucky... Meaning on average those countries only have 2.5mbps - 5mbps of bandwidth to play with.

& you think it's all latency...:lol:

Last edited:
You and I went over this last year. Now with the region split it has helped us, but I opened an Argentine account to reduce lag. However, I saw in the latest Terms & Conditions that my province is ineligible, so I might have to race with my USA account and just buy a ticket to my other home when I [never] get invited to an event :lol:. Do you have any idea how strict PD is on these backwater Patagonian provinces being excluded? I guess I could just say "oh just use my US address and I'll fly from there" :nervous:

By my understanding, the issues are on the places themselves, not with PD.

Yeah, I had to create a brazilian account, luckly I did it just in time to be invited for the Salzburg World Tour from last year. If I was competing with the american one they wouldnt have allowed me to go.

That's not true at all.

if you barely have the bandwidth to play online, you will struggle more to get a stable connection.

Latency absolutely plays a part, but South American internet IS lesser quality than the likes of the US/Canada/UK etc & it does play a factor.

To pretend that it doesn't play a factor, or that your country someone doesn't have a worse infrastructure in that regard, is not only untrue but shows that you're just not being objective at all.

Argentina & Brazil for example both have less than half of the average speed for fixed broadband compared to the UK, and even less compared to the US & Canada.

It's already bad enough that most users still have the standard HDD in their PS4 & didn't upgraded to a Solid State, but with lesser internet connections you only increase the chance of being laggy as hell online.

You can't tell me that these countries with average fixed broadband speeds of 25mbps (download) suddenly have 1:1 ratios for Download/Upload... They most likely have 10:1 ratios like lots of other countries... or maybe 5:1 if theyre lucky... Meaning on average those countries only have 2.5mbps - 5mbps of bandwidth to play with.

Pfei is right. You don't need massive internet connection speeds. The quality of the Central and South American internet is more than enough for us to play in our servers without any issues.

People from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Paraguai, Uruguai, Colombia, Panamá, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, México play together with 0 problems.

By my understanding, the issues are on the places themselves, not with PD.

Yeah, I had to create a brazilian account, luckly I did it just in time to be invited for the Salzburg World Tour from last year. If I was competing with the american one they wouldnt have allowed me to go.

Pfei is right. You don't need massive internet connection speeds. The quality of the Central and South American internet is more than enough for us to play in our servers without any issues.

People from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Paraguai, Uruguai, Colombia, Panamá, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, México play together with 0 problems.

& yet I can play on US servers with a significantly better connection than literally every single South American... Even though we are all playing from a similar distance.

Because it's "90% latency" right... You both talk **** to be honest.

Connection speed matters, how you connect matters.

I'm at 250mbps/25mbps over a wired connection & guess what, you never see me teleporting around the track on US Servers.

Oceania: The servers died before said T16 race could happen, and once the servers are back online, the T16 slot closed without any drivers.

C/SA: probably the same issue as Oceania.

That's not true at all.

Packet sizes are in the order of kilobytes. Half a Meg upload is all you need for gaming. It's latency that kills us. My 10Mega DSL ping is only 10% higher than a friend who has 100Mega Fibre optic.

Go into your modem and look at the packets that are sent. It's peanuts.

I can stream Netflix in 4k but you say it's not enough for gaming?

I work in networking and server administration. Believe me, speed has nothing to do with gaming unless you are using dial up or tethering to cell phone data.

Packet sizes are in the order of kilobytes. Half a Meg upload is all you need for gaming. It's latency that kills us. My 10Mega DSL ping is only 10% higher than a friend who has 100Mega Fibre optic.

Go into your modem and look at the packets that are sent. It's peanuts.

I can stream Netflix in 4k but you say it's not enough for gaming?

I work in networking and server administration. Believe me, speed has nothing to do with gaming unless you are using dial up or tethering to cell phone data.
Sure thing bud.

Keep struggling with your red bar & pretending it's all latency.

Better yet, write up to PD & beg them to give you your own regional servers back so you can have all your 3rd world connections in one place & talk about your make believe jobs.

& yet I can play on US servers with a significantly better connection than literally every single South American... Even though we are all playing from a similar distance.

Because it's "90% latency" right... You both talk **** to be honest.

Connection speed matters, how you connect matters.

I'm at 250mbps/25mbps over a wired connection & guess what, you never see me teleporting around the track on US Servers.

Youre closer to the servers than us. You will have better ping.

But you dont know what you're talking about clearly. I know for a fact that lag is in it's vast majority influenced by the distance you are from the servers.

You could have 1 terabyte/s of connection and your ping to the servers would be prety much the same than someone else having 10mb living at your neighborhood in our current technology.

Sure thing bud.

Keep struggling with your red bar & pretending it's all latency.

Better yet, write up to PD & beg them to give you your own regional servers back so you can have all your 3rd world connections in one place & talk about your make believe jobs.

I am yellow bar. Because all my parameters in-game are good except for latency.

Please refrain from insulting people, especially when it is obvious you are not educated on the subject at hand.

Youre closer to the servers than us. You will have better ping.

But you dont know what you're talking about clearly. I know for a fact that lag is in it's vast majority influenced by the distance you are from the servers.

You could have 1 terabyte/s of connection and your ping to the servers would be prety much the same than someone else having 10mb living at your neighborhood in our current technology.

I'm basically 7,000km away.

Brazil is roughly the same distance, infact possibly shorter depending on the server locations in the US.

But sure, keep pretending it's all latency & not your 3rd world countries infrastructure.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in the 3rd world UK I have ~6mbps upstream due to the distance to the fibre cabinet. When I create a lobby, the game reports my bandwidth as "Very High". The "Test Connection Quality" feature in sport mode says my ping is 31ms. When I race online it shows me as having 5 green bars. So I can't see that 2.5mbps would be a problem if the game thinks 6mbps is terrific.

If I ping the BBC website, for example, that's 14ms, so I can only assume the server GTS is pinging is outside the UK, presumably somewhere fairly central in EMEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back