FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what manu you are choosing?
Going to give Hyundai a go for the first season. After that not sure.

62080035_317556779142470_2770833881123782656_n.jpg

Going to give Hyundai a go for the first season. After that not sure.
Just to make sure, you know you're locked into your manufacturer until the end of the World Tour qualifiers in September, right?

Tempted to join you, I like the Genesis Gr3 a lot, but haven't driven the gr 4 so no idea what it's like. The corvettes also tempt me but I'm no closer to deciding
Opposite for me. Drove the Gr4 a lot, haven't driven the Gr3 yet. Bought it last night and went straight to the livery editor until I was kicked off for maintenance. Will give it a go tonight.

Just to make sure, you know you're locked into your manufacturer until the end of the World Tour qualifiers in September, right?
That's fine.

Opposite for me. Drove the Gr4 a lot, haven't driven the Gr3 yet. Bought it last night and went straight to the livery editor until I was kicked off for maintenance. Will give it a go tonight.

That's fine.
Gr 3 Genesis is comfy. It doesn't seem to particularly excel at anything but has no glaring weaknesses that I've noticed. That's purely in regards to driving feel, I'm no expert on fuel/tyres. Generally just a balanced car with no weird behaviours.

Gr 3 Genesis is comfy. It doesn't seem to particularly excel at anything but has no glaring weaknesses that I've noticed. That's purely in regards to driving feel, I'm no expert on fuel/tyres. Generally just a balanced car with no weird behaviours.
Sounds like it's perfect for me then. 👍

I knew that Manufacturers was on for Saturday but I could have sworn there was a Nations race tonight. I've been practising and everything :lol:

Still, an evening of Race C at Goodwood instead is no bad thing.

I'm also looking for some Manufacturer advice. This will be the first season I'm going to commit to, although I'm missing the first three rounds unfortunately since I cannot play for two more weeks.

I've been interested in BMW for a while and they seem to be all the rage now, people are saying the M6 is OP. I do want a car that will be able to challenge for wins and both the M6 and M4 look like they will, but I'm skeptical because having 1/3 of the lobby as teammates every race is going to suck out some of the fun for me.

I've been hearing good things about McLaren too, specifically the 650S Gr.4. The Gr.3 version seems to have been buffed as well. I'm a fan of McLaren's cars and I'll enjoy driving them, but I'm not sure as to how much of a chance I'll stand against the Toyotas and BMWs. Winning as the underdog will definitely be more satisfying though. ;)

One last thing: which McLaren car is better for Gr.3? I think it matters quite a bit so I'll mention it again: I'm missing the Le Mans round :P

Any other interesting choices out there?

In the current state of the game, and after the latest 1.39 update, Toyota and BMW are is the best choices imo. Toyota is too good on tires compared to pretty much all the other manufacturers.

Signed BMW south america account and Jaguar EU account. Both are really amazing , GR3 & GR4 , really good cars after 1,39 update.
Haven't had much time for testing so thank you mr P. for the info. I'll stay with my Jaguar.👍

Hello everyone. Two things:
- I have not yet appeared the form to accept the S ranking, since I meet the pre requisites;
- has not yet published the race of the 16 superstars of Central and South America.

What could be happening? My ID is Paulossj4_ART.

Sticking with Mazda again(unless I start a new game). The Gr.4 wasn't as bad as a couple seasons ago. Still falls off, but my qualifying has improved. At least that has put me in better position to remain somewhat competitive. If I restart, may go VW with the Golf over the Beetle. I really hate that open air Golf. Don't know why PD didn't just use the VGT Golf with the hard top. Oh, right. PDLogic(trademark).

Hello everyone. Two things:
- I have not yet appeared the form to accept the S ranking, since I meet the pre requisites;
- has not yet published the race of the 16 superstars of Central and South America.

What could be happening? My ID is Paulossj4_ART.
It should prompt you when you enter the Sport Mode section, if it doesn’t I have no ideas.

I’ve narrowed it down to 3 choices.

Dodge: I drove for them in the 2018 season and finished 4th for Dodge and 34th overall. It was tricky to get power down without being on the edge most of the time and fuel screws me in several races.

Ford: I have been driving the Gr. 3 Mustang ALOT and I have had acceptable results with it. It’s like a ship out of water after this patch but I am digging the straight line speed and how competitive it can be when saving fuel.

Subaru: I drove for them in an exhibition series right after the game launched. They are one of my favorite manufacturers IRL but I was deterred from the understeer in the Gr. 4 car and the oversteer in the Gr. 3. I’ve improved my driving skill considerably since then and outside of the Mustang, the Gr. 3 WRX is now one of my favorite cars to drive.

Decisions. Decisions. Im thinking too pick for me now is Subaru, then Ford, then Dodge.

Maybe I'm blind, but is there any way to see each manufacturer's full rankings?
I can see the ranking for my own manufacturer (Toyota), but how about a different one (Jaguar, Ford...)?

I would like to know how many people drive for some other manufacturers.

Maybe I'm blind, but is there any way to see each manufacturer's full rankings?
I can see the ranking for my own manufacturer (Toyota), but how about a different one (Jaguar, Ford...)?

I would like to know how many people drive for some other manufacturers.
Well, for Mazda, it's me and like two other people.... in the worlllllld.

All ready to go. Street car there just for giggles. :)

8584507486427448324_0.jpg
And I'll be your teammate down in C/B rank :) decided to bite the bullet and sign despite not having ever driven the gr 4... Took it in Race C and during quali I was thinking I'd made a terrible mistake moving on from the 86... During the race I started clicking with the car and ended up going 12th to 4th and very much liking it. It's fast... Catching Huracans, even, probably when they ate grass but still.

Definitely has a weighty impression compared to the 86, but once I reigned in my aggressive cornering I felt pretty quick (for B rank). The driving position is fantastic. This and the fact I trust the gr 3 has me somewhat optimistic for manu.

N Power!

Well, for Mazda, it's me and like two other people.... in the worlllllld.
I used Mazda last season, went alright with it the season prior to last, but this season gone by, it made me want to cry lol

You guys can give me 3 manufacturer names that can go marathon when it comes to tyre wear in races?

I'm been off for 9-10 months, i've no idea :)

Looks like I'll have some European support for Pug. Just need a CSA, Asia or Oceania driver to join and we'll have a chance. Just pick the VGT if you want in. :sly:
I had Pug as 1 of my 3 potentials, but I am guessing that someone good has gone for them? I am also guessing someone good will choose Mazda in EMEA as well, so I think I have my answer on who to choose - just need to get the liveries sorted :)

If anyone is still confused on who to choose then maybe the vid below might help. Not sure that the sample size of tracks is big enough but it is interesting to see what cars he found to be best.

A

At the moment after Aspicito from CA left us we need some subaru partners xD

I prefer the lancers otherwise i would have signed for subaru. Lancers suit my pace and driver rating has improved since racing for mitsubishi. I never see one driver staying with mitsubishi though so i decided to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back