FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to come back to north / central / sout america events . As you can see on my 2 acounts , europe is a lot harder with a higher level. Very hard to do a top 200 there for me.
For the top guys of course , the level is the same around the world . There is just less competition here in sout america for them.

Brasil main account
brman.png
brnation.png

EU account
quebmzn.png
quebnat.png

Here in the 3rd world UK I have ~6mbps upstream due to the distance to the fibre cabinet. When I create a lobby, the game reports my bandwidth as "Very High". The "Test Connection Quality" feature in sport mode says my ping is 31ms. When I race online it shows me as having 5 green bars. So I can't see that 2.5mbps would be a problem if the game thinks 6mbps is terrific.

If I ping the BBC website, for example, that's 14ms, so I can only assume the server GTS is pinging is outside the UK, presumably somewhere fairly central in EMEA.

I believe the EMEA servers are located in Germany.

GT Sport's North American server is in Virginia, at Google's AWS-US East data centre.

Current latency between AWS US East and London: 75ms
Current latency between AWS US East and Buenos Aires*: 163ms

The great circle distance from New York to Sao Paolo is 4,750mi. The great circle distance from New York to London is 3,450mi - nearly 38% less, and not anywhere close to being more.

The internet distance is something else entirely. Hibernia Express/TAT-14 is the shortest and quickest transatlantic cable, running 3,741 miles on its main sub-sea lengths (Slough to Halifax, NS, to Massachussetts). Your best bet from Brazil to AWS is GlobeNet out of Rio de Janeiro to Tuckerton, through Fortaleza and Bermuda, and that runs an undersea distance of 7,300 miles. That's a difference of 95%, or about the same magnitude as the difference in pings.

There's no Brazilian nodes on the list, sorry

Last edited:
I made a new points table based on what I understand how the global manufactures points are going to be calculated now. There would be some movement in the points ranking, the most notable of witch would be Renault Sport booted Aston Martin out of the top 12 in points

I made a new points table based on what I understand how the global manufactures points are going to be calculated now. There would be some movement in the points ranking, the most notable of witch would be Renault Sport booted Aston Martin out of the top 12 in points

Auston Martin xD

Well that escalated quickly.

We all know the points system is bad we are just elaborating on the side effects of it (mainly good players not going to world tour events).

To be honest I don't the think the points system and regions will ever be perfect. They set the parameters, we play to them, people are going to miss out. Unfortunately they keep changing the points structure of the manufacturer series so the midpack is in another mad scramble to see what that means for them and how to position themselves to maximise their chances of going to a world tour.

The difference between Aston Martin and Renault with the different point structures highlights a couple of things: If you don't have top/alien drivers getting 30+ manufacturer points nearly every round you need a couple of favourable car track combos, Renault had very good results in Gr4 races compared to Aston Martin and Aston's Gr3 results overall were good but not great where Renault was a bit less consistent. Therefore Renault would qualify for NY under the new points system.

One theory I have is after the 20 rounds the theoretical perfect global manufacturer score will be a nice round number 1000 so they wanted it that way to compare how close to perfect a manufacturer can get. At least it's easier on my eyes than the arbitrary 1422 down to 235.

The next stage will be very interesting.

Edit: one other thing, the points will be a lot closer on the bubble with the new effective points system

Last edited:
Anyone else still see the Northern Isle placeholder?

Edit: nevermind, they must have removed it today. I kinda wanted to race there.

Well, was thinking about joining the Manufacturer Series this season but will start off missing the first race as I will be away from home all day. :(

Do it, you’ll have fun and it’ll be good racing with you again. What is your current DR to gauge what splits you’ll fall into?

I couldn’t decide which manufacturer to sign up with so I used the car randomizer on Kudos Prime and it landed on Dodge. I love the Viper, so I’m fine with this. :)

I don’t plan on winning any races as I’m not a competitive racer at all. Just joining this for fun. The idea of racing for a manufacturer sounds really cool.

I've decided I'm taking this coming season more seriously than others. I'll be competing every Saturday, in Manufacturers, and I'll do all my strong combos in Nations, provided they're on a Saturday.

I've decided to sign with Honda. Mostly because the Gr.3 looks cool with the right livery. However, I am struggling a bit with oversteer on corner entry since the last update. Any tips regarding brake balance? Will partial throttle while braking stabilise things a bit?

I've decided I'm taking this coming season more seriously than others. I'll be competing every Saturday, in Manufacturers, and I'll do all my strong combos in Nations, provided they're on a Saturday.

I've decided to sign with Honda. Mostly because the Gr.3 looks cool with the right livery. However, I am struggling a bit with oversteer on corner entry since the last update. Any tips regarding brake balance? Will partial throttle while braking stabilise things a bit?

I've driven the NSX exclusively the last few seasons. I'm still getting used to the updates but at the moment I'm running 2 or 3 front bias for hot laps and 4 or 5 front bias for races.

I've driven the NSX exclusively the last few seasons. I'm still getting used to the updates but at the moment I'm running 2 or 3 front bias for hot laps and 4 or 5 front bias for races.

I'm running the same for hotlaps. Can't say why I didn't think to move it further forward for racing, though . . I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Looking for some advice;

I'd like to choose a new manufacturer. Much as I'm a Toyota fanboy, and the 86 gr 4 is my spirit animal, I haven't gotten on well with either of the gr3 offerings. I'd like to try one of the less populated manufacturers.

I always tend towards handling cars over top speed cars. Can anyone recommend me a slept -on manufacturer with good handling cars in both categories?

I deeply dislike understeer and would much prefer to avoid FF cars in GR4. I also drive cockpit view so any cars without it, or with awful cockpit views (looking at you, Peugeot and Citroen) are out.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

I've had it on -1/-2 recently, though I usually use the sliding under braking to chuck it into the corner which probably isn't the best idea when there's tyre wear.

Sweet, nice graph. Once you get to 55K+ we'll be seeing each other in official rooms, till then feel free to join a practice lobby I'm in. The practice races are always as fun, see you around!
Probably won't take this first round too seriously, but we'll see how it goes. Starting off on the wrong foot by missing the first race.

Probably won't take this first round too seriously, but we'll see how it goes. Starting off on the wrong foot by missing the first race.

I'll probably be missing the first race too, since I might be out of town. But missing a race here and there is no biggie since PD takes a your best results from a small portion of the overall results, so not every race counts.

Any idea what manu you are choosing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back