FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzuka first stop at lap 1 don't seems to be a good option , you've stayed blocked during a long time after this .....
How can you have a lateral view at 18:28 driving with roof cam ? I drive this way but lateral view is locked for me , only with bumper and cockpit cam ?
YEah, I thought players would be faster, as I qualified on Mediums to start from the back and still started ahead. It was an A, A+ & S/S room.

I always had side view since buying the game. I use DS4.

YEah, I thought players would be faster, as I qualified on Mediums to start from the back and still started ahead. It was an A, A+ & S/S room.

I always had side view since buying the game. I use DS4.
Ok , so this is exclusive for DS4 , G29 is not offering this option , roof cam = no side view !
G29 + DS4 + Silver tape = eventual solution ??? :lol:

Nation's race was full of idiots and somehow somebody gave me a 4 second penalty lap 1 which sent me from 3rd to 5th to 15th, so that was my race done there. Managed to recover to 6th.

Ended up 7th in Manufacturers in my best ever lobby with what's actually my second best ever score of 1220. I did technically bottle it from 5th, but I think I did well to survive some of the horrors that unfolded around me. I got three 1.5 second penalties, two of which I deserved (I missed my braking point and had to scrape the wall to slow down) and a third which happened for literally no reason, during the right hander after you go under the bridge.

Not mind blowing by any means but just lost a top ten in the Aston at Tokyo from 17th on the grid because I can't count and had to throw a lap of fuel in at the end of L14! It's so slow out of the hairpin and down the straight though, need a slipstream basically at all times to do much better so I'll stick with my 12th place and 828 points I think!

Nations was a true rollercoaster race. I started 2nd but got bogged down off the line, dropping to 5th. I quickly returned to 3rd thanks to one guy ahead getting a penalty for punting someone off at T1, and caught the other napping into the chicane. A few laps later, I took 2nd as I got a better run out of the hairpin. I stayed out for an extra lap when the leader pitted on L8 and kept the Overtake button pinned out whenever I was in 2nd-4th gear, but that wasn't the crucial bit.

The crucial bit was switching to new Softs.

Immediately, I cursed my mistake, but then noticed that pitstops only cost about 4 secs. As the original leader had switched to Mediums, I was able to win the battle of wills into T1, and began running away to build up enough of a gap for a 2nd pitstop. The gamble paid off, I pitted in at the end of L15 and this time picked the Mediums, and bar a Code Brown moment when all 4 wheels went over the line between the Degner curves, I didn't put a foot wrong, picking up 1,320pts in the process.

I'll give Tokyo in the Typhoon a miss.

Has anybody else disconnects in FIA all the time recently? I didnt play a long time but it was quite stable in the past when I played often. Now I wanted to start to play GTS onlline again, but last time (2weeks ago) I could race only 1 race and today it was nothing possible. Daily races seems work maybe (did only 2 for testing) but not FIA. I have a very good generally connection (100 MB down and 25 MB up) and the ps4 is directly connected through cable to the router. NAT 2.

I changed my PSN nickname a few month ago btw, I wonder if it could it be related?

Anyway, the error codes are all the time different, if anybody as a clue:

NE-210AC0AC
NE-21009009
NE-21000259

Thanks in advance for any reply

Ended up 7th in Manufacturers in my best ever lobby with what's actually my second best ever score of 1220.
I saw this and thought "7th, 1220 points?!", so I checked out your stats on K' and see your DR has shot up recently! Well done, do you attribute that to changing to manual gears?

Next MAnu race at DTS II, was weird at that time of day. I didn't know where I was on track, after Auto Drive.

Question people!!!!

I was rammed off the track on the second last lap at Nation's race at Suzuka, but I reported the wrong player...

How do I make this right???

Cheers

Well, Manu was a disaster.

It started off well, til a bumped a guy that braked way too early onto turn one. He barely ran wide, but made contact with the wall. I figured I’d get my 4s and take it on the chin, I did hit him after all.

The guy, on the other hand, didn’t think 4s was enough of a punishment. He hit me again, got himself a 4s penalty and then just went nuts, ramming me until I spun out.

I’m having a tough time adapting to the aggressiveness of CSA drivers, but this one was way too much for me to handle.

This was a really enjoyable race with an amazing standing start!

My consistency wasn't the best though, but I just came back from a big pause on the game. So I'm hoping to improve on it!

I decided to put in more practice than usual for the Manufactures race and boy, did it pay off. Got my second win. :D

full

This is what happens when a 36k DR driver like yours truly waits until the last Manu slot in the CSA region at 1:40 AM in Argentina, with the slowest Gr. 3 car, in the rain, at Tokyo: I ate humble pie in the top split!

@HellzFire was there but he either got disconnected or ran away when he saw it was only an 1800 point room, which is only 200 to 300 more than the second split rooms I have been racing in.

There were four rage-quits throughout the race: three in the first few laps after spinning out and accruing penalties, and another near the end of the race whom I assume also rage quit because there was a yellow flag just before that.

So I managed to avoid being last among those of us that remained, coming home 13th with only one car behind me. As the 18th seed and being way outclassed, it's a bittersweet race. Happy for keeping it together and running a smooth race even though I was way off the pace; unhappy for getting so few points.

DSC_0361.JPG

Qualified 8th in the last race in Manu tonight. Spun on first lap but worked my way back from 18th to 14th. That wasn’t the painful part. The painful part was getting hit for 2100 DR points. Ouch!! For the last round of dailies I’d been consistently coming in under my door number and even had a couple of top 10 finishes. Lost DR each time. Trying to figure it out...down from 15K DR to 8400.

I quite enjoyed both FIA combos. Nations had a bit of scare at T1 but otherwise was pretty much stuck in a lonely 4th place, even with an off.

Manu was fun from start to finish. I only wish I knew how to get off the last hairpin better because I kept losing so much time there.

I saw this and thought "7th, 1220 points?!", so I checked out your stats on K' and see your DR has shot up recently! Well done, do you attribute that to changing to manual gears?
No I attribute that to multiple St. Croix races in the GT-R this week. I actually gained DR in both of my FIA races too.

Shifting to manual has definitely been a positive. Aside from the fuel saving potential I generally feel more secure in corners in oversteery cars like the Nissan. I took to them a lot more easily than I was expecting, so I'm definitely glad I made the change.

So this is getting all a bit predictable. Nations - good. Manufacturers - bad.

Nations
First attempt was in a high rated (for me) lobby. Qualified 12th I think, kept it together for the first lap chaos and managed to get up to 7th ish. Was doing well but bottled it in the degners and in the last chicane to end up 14th. Knew I could do better.

Second attempt was in a slightly weaker lobby and qualified 3rd. Funnily pole and 2nd recorded identical times. Kept to my first corner plan of getting to and keeping to the inside and avoid any carnage. This worked well but I did lose a position dropping to 4th. Managed to get the position back at turn 1 lap 2 with a nice sweeping move around the outside. The rest of the race was fairly dull with gaps ahead and behind me. Did a 6S 6M 6S strategy and all was well until 3 laps to go when I bottled the 2nd degner allowing the car behind to catch up. Last lap they get past before the hairpin (because I ballsed the second degner AGAIN). I retake the position in 130R, hugging the inside leading up to the chicane. Hats of to the other driver for overtaking me cleanly around the outside into the chicane. Should have been 3rd but happy with 4th. Loved this combo though, great fun.

20191013121015.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191013001246.jpg

Manufacturers
I'll just post these as a comparison of my Nations and Manufacturers campaigns. No idea why I thought I'd be able to manage the Ferrari in wet conditions. I can't keep that thing straight in the dry! At least the next race is Gr.4
1.jpg
2.jpg

Didn't realise how short the pit stop was in Nations and ran on mediums for 8 laps. Whoops.

I saw this watching a bit of Kie's stream while I was fetching my fish and chips and it completely put me off doing the race! Can't have a pit stop for tyres costing 4s when the delta is around 1s a lap, the strategy of when to run mediums and for how long completely goes out of the window

Manufacturers
I'll just post these as a comparison of my Nations and Manufacturers campaigns. No idea why I thought I'd be able to manage the Ferrari in wet conditions. I can't keep that thing straight in the dry! At least the next race is Gr.4
View attachment 857281 View attachment 857282

I was in this, and you were definitely struggling a fair bit... a lot! from what I saw in the first few laps. Maybe see you at DT where we can both be nearer the front (and our cars will be more competitive!) - I do wish it was the 'right' way around the track though!

Last night even though the DR points fairy made me cry, I had an amazing 3 lap battle with an M6. I really see now what you guys have experienced. It was 3 laps of respectfully going back and forth. That M6 is a beast on the long straight! I could see him backing off a bit as we went into turn 1 so my NSX wouldn’t get pinned to the wall. In the hairpin before the long straight, my turn in was much more nimble but I’d keep my inside line and not try to squeeze him out. That battle was one of the coolest experiences I’ve had in GT Sport so far. Like, I was actually sorry when the race was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back