FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was fun Dodge, not sure if I want to do it again. The car has some serious handicaps in current BOP.
(still a little salty divebombs took 60 points away in that RBR rain race. could have been 800)

EWDiIobWsAcjTRs

EWDiqMoWoAE5Iw8

2nd race, don’t ever attempt a pass through the final sequence of turns, it will never end well. Unless you are past the other driver, he’s gonna hit you your block you through the chicane, just get close and set up to pass down the straight. If you try anything else you’ll just slow the both of you down.

3rd race, you appeared to be way off pace exiting the hairpin, i’m not defending the other driver, but when you get on the gas after the apex, you don’t expect to have to lift because the car that was over a car length ahead is now parked at the exit of the turn. It sucks it spun you out, but sometimes that’s just the way things happen. You can get mad, or you can go back and improve that turn so you get a better exit speed next time.

Thanks for the input. Constructive advice welcome. [Your DR/SR profile is impressive, next to my mountain peaks!]

Frankly, I've felt like a victim a lot this season, so I wasn't particuarly planning on sitting back on the final weekend.

2nd race (Slot 4, right?), I assume you're referring to Lap 14 (around 7:45 onwards in the video), and point taken. I calmer head would have done that but I was just frustrated I was getting bumped around whilst my tyres were just hanging on and i didn't want to lose the opportunity to pass. But in hindsight (especially if I knew he was on Hard tyres), I would have waited until the straight. I just didn't know how he was going to react wherever I made my move, though yes, I would have had more 'escape' room on the straight.

3rd race, Slot 5. Final lap? Well, the Alfa for me was not fast here to begin with, but my tyres were nearly shot, so getting much speed out of the turn was tough. He'd hd the whol;e lap to see my braking distances and exit speeds, so more caution on his part 'would have been nice'. I certainly need to get better in general though, as a B/S driver at best. And so, as I say, constructive assistance from better drivers is helpful.👍

Once you see my North American report, you may decide it's too much of a job to take on though!;)

Manufacturers - Race 10 - Barcelona
I was dreading this race a bit due to the heavy tire wear on the McLaren. As I mentioned before, I had great coaching by @Gyrza360 and felt prepared for the race.
I decided to start on Medium for 6 laps and then S/5 H/1 and S/5 so a 3 stop.
I was 16th in the room with A/S drivers making up 75% of the room.
To do any point gains, I needed to finish in 5th. After quali I was 8th on the grid.
The fist race was really hectic and established me for the execution of the strategy. The first two laps were really fun. The strategy worked great and I did not loose position when going on the one lap of the hard stint.
At the end, I ended up in 5th and was very very please with the outcome.
the exiting race edit with my commentary is below:

61DDD6BA-B7BC-40E9-BA98-63797B9CF2CD.jpeg
F6756CEF-423F-4360-A8B6-22F5EEC51273.jpeg

Just to keep expectations in check, it's not a BoP update. At least they've not said its a BoP update. Gamepleay changes they've announced are:

• Slipstream change
  • Handling change to Gr. 3 and Gr. 4
  • Tyre wear change to FF cars
  • Fuel consumption change
  • Something vague about fuel in qualifying
We can also change Manufacturer choice before Sunday.

I suppose it could be a BoP update but it doesn't sound like it.

It's a lot of variables to change in one update so hoping we get it soon so we can get to grips with it before the season starts.
To my recollection, they've never announced any BOP changes in the past but just the items listed will change how cars stack against each other. If there isn't anything about maintenance or similar by tomorrow when they usually make changes, I can only assume they'll do the following: start the official season without the update, delaying the start or pushing out the update late enough that there's almost no time to make an informed decision.

On a side note, I think most know by now which fix I want the most by now.

Qualifying.png

Manu, Barcelona

N America

I wasn't going to win any prizes for great technique in the Fort GT test here (and it's a gas guzzler), and it got to the point in the following races that my composure went as the barging increased...

Slot 2:

Highlights (10 minutes):

-886 DR, -54 SR after a B/S race. P17 (Door 5) to P16, 29pts. Dropped me to B/B

I ran a Daily A race to try to recoup DR/SR. The B/B race ended up costing me a further 829 DR (+4 SR)!

Slot 3:

Highlights (8 minutes):

+588 DR, +24 SR after a B/B race. P6 (Door 14) to P6, 48pts
Slot 4:

Highlights (6 minutes):

-615 DR, +16 SR after a B/A race. P19 (Door 13) to P14, 30pts

Slot 5
:

Qually was ruined by this. Yes, he was faster, yes he was likely on a hot lap too, but this was my only one, I was in front and I had no chance to recover whilst he was already top 4.

Highlights (8 minutes);

-346 DR, +4 SR after a B/S race. P11 (Door 20) to P10, 46pts

Summing up:

EMEA

Manu: 176 pts (best 3 rounds). 1st in Local area, 133rd for Alfa Romeo, Regional Ranking 4718
Nations: 165pts 4th in Local area, Domestic Ranking 587, Regional Ranking 4697

N America

Manu: 202 pts 1st in Local area, 53rd for Ford, Regional Ranking 1088
Nations: 211pts 19th in Local area, Domestic Ranking 631, Regional Ranking 796

At least I finished back at B/S on both accounts. I'd be quite glad of an extended break before another season. Recharge my batteries, play something else for a bit (many games gathering virtual dust), and my blood could come down from boiling point!:D

Has it? The page itself says it was updated February 15th.
You're right. Not updated since then.
I'm who uptated the information I had, with that link.
What I want to inform with that link is the calendar of the championships (and other interesting related info)

Last edited:
Because of the continued worldwide challenges that coronavirus is still creating I would be surprised if this next season is actually an official one.

Many countries will likely have their borders closed until next year. So I think it is extremely likely that there won't be any more World Tours or a World Final this year.

Unless PD announce that they are running a purely online championship (with some material reward at the end of it) then I think there will be exhibition seasons going for some time yet.

This is going to be huge for the ones that don't pay attention or try to game the system.

Beginning with the next Stage of the FIA GT Championships on Saturday, April 25, the time penalty for not using the required tires for Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series races will change as follows:

・The time penalty will increase from 20 seconds to 60 seconds.

Thank you for your support, and we hope you continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

Starting from Stage 1 of the ‘FIA Gran Turismo Championships' 2020 Series beginning on Saturday, 25 April, the race schedule, entry times, and the number of race entry slots for the Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series will change as follows.

■ Event Days
 ・Nations Cup: Tuesday & Saturday (no change from previous format)
 ・Manufacturer Series: Wednesday & Saturday

■ Event Times & Entry Slots
EMEA Region
 ・Tuesday & Wednesday : 14:00, 15:20, 16:40, 18:00, 19:20 UTC (5 Slots)
 ・Saturday – Nations Cup : 13:00, 15:40, 18:20 UTC (3 Slots)
 ・Saturday – Manufacturer Series: 14:20, 17:00, 19:40 UTC (3 Slots)

On Saturdays, the Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series are hosted one after the other.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

One thing I half wish for is, The Lewis Hamilton Challenge one lap and reset. I know Free Practice is about freely practicing the track and potential race pace of a player's car. However, if the tyre wear and fuel usage, as per that particular race, are active in the free practice session, along with the one flying lap, it could shake things up with the leader board. Could also help gauge how our cars will react in FIA qualifying, seeing as we get about one lap of optimum tyre grip anyway.

Well that answers the Laguna Seca question...
Time Penalty for 'Tyre Requirement' Infractions Change Notice
Beginning with the next Stage of the FIA GT Championships on Saturday 25 April, the time penalty issued when the 'Tyre Requirement' is not observed during a race in the Nations Cup or Manufacturer Series will change as follows:

・The Time Penalty will increase from the current 20 seconds to 60 seconds.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

I kind of like that Saturday format. Support race first and then the main event. Or, Main event and then support race after. Depending if a player gets disconnected, might be a good way to plan which race to do first.

Personally I was planning to focus on manufacturers for the next batch and while we're in lockdown those times will be okay for me, if I wasn't in lockdown it would only give me one available slot on a Wednesday and one on a Saturday which isn't ideal if something goes pear shaped like a disconnection

I kind of like that Saturday format. Support race first and then the main event. Or, Main event and then support race after. Depending if a player gets disconnected, might be a good way to plan which race to do first.

Yeah but now we have to practice for two races at once, instead of one on each day, that’s gonna cut into practice time and race pace. Switching back and forth between combos all day doesn’t really help with consistency. I usually only run that days FIA on race day to make sure I stay up to speed on that combo all day.

There's some good and bad there for me. The time slots are more conducive with my schedule on Tuesday and Wednesday (my wife does not think racing is an excuse to shirk any childcare responsibilities :lol: ), so I'll have the opportunity for two slots that don't make me stay up late.

Saturdays suck for racing though.

So you can still use the glitch in Daily Races then? It only specifies FIA races.
Looks that way, although I'm not sure how many races it'd prove to be useful in. To my understanding it only worked at Laguna Seca because the LS pitlane loss is unusually high, and the tyre multiplier meant that the soft tyres lasted long enough to cover even the larger race distance.

Yeah but now we have to practice for two races at once, instead of one on each day, that’s gonna cut into practice time and race pace. Switching back and forth between combos all day doesn’t really help with consistency. I usually only run that days FIA on race day to make sure I stay up to speed on that combo all day.
I got you. However, it's almost like running Daily Races. Main problem we see, are the frequent discos. Besides, less practice can potentially, tighten up the field. Similar to Daily Race unpredictability. Potentially...

Edit: I have to laugh. Running 9 rounds, without being able to use the RX-V GT3. Knowing the car is right there! Insane.

I got you. However, it's almost like running Daily Races. Main problem we see, are the frequent discos. Besides, less practice can potentially, tighten up the field. Similar to Daily Race unpredictability. Potentially...

It'll also reduce the number of attempts people can take at these races for most. My schedule allows a window of racing each evening. In the past, this window would have 2-3 slots. Now, it'll have one slot for each.

In either case, these announcements are frustrating for their lack of race schedule and details if there truly is an update prior to Saturday.

Saturday is lame, I have better things to do Saturday nights. Sunday night was always down time for me and perfect for race prep.

Good for them for changing the tire penalty, but hopefully they will do a better job notifying rookie drivers. The rule for the event is buried “below the fold” as they say in the world of web development.

It'll also reduce the number of attempts people can take at these races for most. My schedule allows a window of racing each evening. In the past, this window would have 2-3 slots. Now, it'll have one slot for each.

In either case, these announcements are frustrating for their lack of race schedule and details if there truly is an update prior to Saturday.
With more players becoming active, it's going to be interesting to see either, an increase in desperation to gain positions or more caution for those that have limited time to play.

I have no idea how things will go, but I feel like this could improve race craft. Wonder how this will effect players' decisions to do Daily Races.

Yeah I only just paid attention to the actual time slot changes. I felt they started too early as it was, but now they're even earlier. Anyone with a weekday job is likely limited to a single slot now. I actually prefer that for the Saturday, but not for what is a normal work day for most people (current pandemic aside).

Yeah not sold on the schedule change, but glad the tyre penalty has been sorted.

Yeah I only just paid attention to the actual time slot changes. I felt they started too early as it was, but now they're even earlier. Anyone with a weekday job is likely limited to a single slot now. I actually prefer that for the Saturday, but not for what is a normal work day for most people (current pandemic aside).

Yeah not sold on the schedule change, but glad the tyre penalty has been sorted.

Right -- that's the problem with having so many time zones included in one schedule. I think the number is 6ish Time Zones for continental North America. I'm sure its the same or more for EMEA and Asia/Oceania.

The latest time for me begins at almost midnight, but that's only 9PM for my friends on the West Coast (which means their first slot is at 3PM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back