FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF I got everything right, this is the list of the finalists here in the Americas:

Manufacturers:
IOF_Racing17, Turismo-lester, FT_5zigen, GumballCGT, FT_NicoR, FT_Solid, FT_DieGodlike, FT_LLOYDZELITE, Z28, Thiago_Bica, FT_Ant, ORMA_Aspicito, Deafsun96, BLKJ_Evolution, JIM_FacuDudu, hendrix323

Nations:
TRL_doodle, FT_Mcqueen91, CRT-Didico15, NZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZ, T-GT_CristianoSa, DodgeLamb, OutlawQuadrant, Windfire1010, FT_hellZfirEJP, imEbrahimX7, Wardez, roadbeef, RacingKing89674, TRC_Stagger, Ax4xGearHead, maxking39, beatin_the_odds, PureCry, PunishedGTDriver, Gui_Josa, JGOERTZ5, RORY_TRUE, Sharkart, FT_BernalV, Project__D1, FT_6SPEED, RevvitUpman, ORMA_EstebanV_CR, TurbopanzerGT, praiano63.

As Sharkart already said, I don't know if CRT-Didico15 and Didico15 are the same player, and if it's, if he will be DQed. If he gets DQed, sambygtr gets the last place.
Strange to see a guy that got 158th place (4913 pts) in the Manufacturers Series qualified to the World Finals.
The rules says that confirmation emails will be sent on Sep 15th.

Last edited:
Watched @Tidgney streams and the sadness of what happened about the Man. series :grumpy: Keep it up, dude, you still have a place in the Nations finals :cheers:

But now..................IT'S TIME FOR MY FINAL RESULTS :gtpflag:

Nations Cup :
EMEA rankings : 303th (a poor second part of the championship lead to this, that's a shame :ouch:)
Italy rankings : 15th (that's better :D but still, the 10th place was not impossible to take :guilty:)
Local rankings : 1st :D (The best in Genoa and all of the Liguria region :mischievous: the 2nd was not so far, but then there is an abyss from the 3rd and beyond :rolleyes:)

Manufacturers Series:
EMEA rankings : 215th (again, could be in the top 200th, but I skipped the last race so it was inevitable :rolleyes:)
Alfa Romeo rankings : 3rd :D (the only reason why I managed to get the S rating :P But got overtaken at the last second for the 2nd place :scared: that's another shame :guilty:)
Local rankings : 1st :D (again, no surprises :sly:)

And that's all folks :gtpflag:like I said before it's only a matters of feelings and forces regarding the partecipation in the post-season :indiff: So stay tuned :cool:

Final Rankings for Nations, forgot to take a screenshot for manufacturers on my computer but now I’m to lazy in bed.

Attachments

• 45527527-0C9C-4324-84E4-743F556E8F93.jpeg
    45527527-0C9C-4324-84E4-743F556E8F93.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 42
I SURVIVED!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D 4731 points, 175th in nation, 21st in Manufacturer (Dodge).
162nd to 175th race. I was hoping Race 10 would count, but it didn't.

So uh, I guess I'll take the time right now to say a couple thoughts:

Compared to Seasons 1 and 2, Season 3 was a completely new monster. With the new tire model in play, I felt like I had to relearn how to play the game. Luckily, that didn't take too long, as I was able to perform well throughout the season, minus some races in the latter half.

This season stressed me out. I sometimes felt frustrated at myself for a poor performance from myself or the car, or for being affected by an incident. At the same time, this season also brought out some of the best moments I've ever had in my time playing racing games; Dueling with my friend @KOTR SRT for 1st at Tokyo - East Outer Loop, gaining multiple positions in a small period of time, and racing with other GTPlanet players, to name a few. I think what surprises me the most was that I was able to do pretty well with just a DS4 controller.

While qualifying for the Finals would be a crazy thing, all I wanted in this season was to finish and keep the S/S rank. After this tough season, I can happily say that I am keeping it. But as for now, I think I will go ahead and take a break from the Gran Turismo Championship Series. Trying to practice for the races after work was really hard for me, and sometimes that would reflect in the actual race. Now that the 2018 season is over, I can now stop worrying about the races. I also want to get back into making decals for the game. I've always loved doing that and miss doing that, as I invested more time into the championship races.

It's been an honor racing with you all. Maybe I will feel ready to race again in the 2019 FIA series, and maybe by then I'll have a racing wheel setup. Who knows. I wish you all the best, and if any of you need some new decals for your cars, feel free to message me here on GTPlanet or PSN (same username as here). Cheers! :gtpflag:

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 9.55.57 PM.png

sf_team.jpg

upload_2018-9-9_7-53-3.png

Here are the (provisional) final manufacturers standings. Aston Martin and Hyundai tied for 16th, and if I understand correctly Aston Martin will qualify due to the highest single points value (20 points in Asia compared to 18 for Hyundai).
There is a chance these standings will change due to ineligible drivers being their manufacturers top scorer. Rick (top porchse in Europe) is under age, so if PD discount his score and take P2's score the standing change to:
Aston 39
Hyundai 38
Jaguar 38

There may also be more in ineligible drivers that I don't know about.

For nations cup, every country will have one person at least to qualify to the live event? I am in the EMEA region and top in my country.

I wish you all the best for the upcoming events. As a spectator, I will definitely enjoy watching all this unfold.
I couldn't join the fun, I'm on the excluded regions list.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Training, Red Bull Ring, Manufacturer Cup Off-Season

Cutted the first corner, got a penalty with 1 second. Drive to the second corner and while i'm braking my penalty got reduced to zero. Never happenend in the game to me like this.

I'd say, for anyone keeping an eye on this seasons ending will be very disappointed! Not really the way it should have ended for EMEA

View attachment 764756

Here are the (provisional) final manufacturers standings. Aston Martin and Hyundai tied for 16th, and if I understand correctly Aston Martin will qualify due to the highest single points value (20 points in Asia compared to 18 for Hyundai).
There is a chance these standings will change due to ineligible drivers being their manufacturers top scorer. Rick (top porchse in Europe) is under age, so if PD discount his score and take P2's score the standing change to:
Aston 39
Hyundai 38
Jaguar 38

There may also be more in ineligible drivers that I don't know about.

What happens when a manufacturer go below 16th?

(Nothing i guess, it's just a rank?)

Doh! If I had won Manufacturers I'd have done it! All ifs and buts though as anything could have happened. Congratulations to anyone who has qualified for either a regional or world final. I haven't seen much of the Americas region yet, I hope you had a smoother evening than Europe!

Looking at Citroën, the team is confirmed to have minamiya, MansoN, and @LLOYDZELITE69 as their drivers, with the Americas representative even winning the Nations Cup in that region, ending FT_NicoR's Nations supremacy for Chile, although said teammate of Lloydz won the Manufacturer Series for BMW. And then there is a suspicious Asian account of MansoN's that only raced in one round before going fulltime on his actual Oscaro account.

Going to Aston Martin again and it looks like that hendrix323, legacy0193, and @Cuber Tom are going to be their drivers.

Kazunokota's absence caused Mazda's elimination from the Manufacturer Series, potentially angering Bellof956 and CristianoSa because of that.

On the topic of missing drivers, @Zkippe is missing in Finland's standings due to work for his game company, Dreamloop Games, causing him to be absent from the Final Season.

ORMA_Aspicito will become Toyota's achilles heel to RC_Miura and yamado_racing38 in the Manufacturers Final, probably down to his skill compared to his EMEA and Asia teammates, but we will wait until November to see that!

Next time if they are going to have a race which is so important to the overall standings can it not be Interlagos for Ferrari's sake? :lol:

The other Gr3 tracks this season masked the rear tyre wear issues, but Interlagos being 1 stop only murdered us. Yukiku got taken out by a Citreon at Turn 1 (it's always Citreons in these T24 causing problems at T1 :lol:), I turned into James May in order to survive and Deafsun was having to drift around half the track giving me no shortage of heart attacks as @mclarenLB can testify!

Now if PD choose St Croix or Le Mans as the World Final track all is forgiven :cheers:

For nations cup, every country will have one person at least to qualify to the live event? I am in the EMEA region and top in my country.

No not every country. There are only 30 spots available, with a maximum of 3 spots from the same country.
So if you are 1st in your country but outside the top 60 or so in the overall standings, it is unlikely you are in.

ORMA_Aspicito will become Toyota's achilles heel to RC_Miura and yamado_racing38 in the Manufacturers Final, probably down to his skill compared to his EMEA and Asia teammates, but we will wait until November to see that!

I wouldn't count any team out just yet. In live competition, anything can happen. It's one thing to be sitting at home in your room and be fast. It's a whole different game when you've got cameras in your face and people screaming and cheering behind you. People tend to get pretty anxious when they are out of their comfort zone, and it can really affect their driving.

Last edited:

So here is the last TOP 24 race (Manufacturer Series) from my point of view.

EVERYTHING went wrong.

First of all, 4 drivers got disconnected before enter the lobby, which is a shame. About them, maatu, who could win the Ferrari seat while he was leading, and... Atho who could win the Honda seat.

So before the race, I secured my place for the World Final. I wasn't that happy, because win without battling for it, it's not a win you can be proud of. Well, at least I can say I was leading before the last race.

The championship went well until that race, I won 4 races (1 top 24), 6 podiums, lead the field during almost the entire season, and went down to 14th place overall because of 1 bad race. Damn. That points system sucks.

But this achievement is still insane, 6 mounths ago I was nowhere, never made eSports races before, and now I'm here ; I'm still proud of me and I think the best is yet to come.

Going to the World Tour and to the World Final... It's something I could only dream of. And now I'm part of it. Crazy.

Well, about the race, the last stint is very interesting to watch, I made maybe 6 overtakes in 2-3 laps. Enjoy !

So, see you next time on track ! ;)

Relegated to 11th in Australia, Ott2-gt pulled off 2k this round and I only managed 1500, all the reserves would be Japanese, it's been fun but I think I need a break from sim racing after playing this nearly everyday for 4 months, good luck to those of you advancing to the next stage :gtpflag:

Pretty sure you'll get an invite mate, since Makozi and Brocky 05 are A+ drivers not S it should go down to 12th place. Thats the way i see it anyway.

this achievement is still insane, 6 mounths ago I was nowhere, never made eSports races before,

6 month ago I was probably better then now, because my "driving skill" (barely daring to call it that way) is following an unpredictable curve (like a heart attack or so)

One criticism i have on fia: having so much points to offer on only one race is not a good idea. It basically tells that the rest of the championship doesnt matter (9 rounds) and the better suited cars on that last track will be the luckiest.

Im a big defensor of 24SS races, but giving almost as much points youve earned in the whole championship prior to this round is not fair. Give it a bit more points than the other 24SS races, like a 1.5x. By this it doesn't make the rest of the tournament worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back