FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Espial I know what you mean. Practiced mftr for an hour, tried going into the second to last race and before I could get matched, blue screen. Restarted the PS4.

Luckily I was able to get into the final one, finished well 13th-6th with good clean races, wanted to save the reply but before the chat screen, got another blue screen.

I was in a chat with some friends and one of them got the disconnect while he was leaving the pits. This same thing happened to me several weeks ago, lost about 2400 DR on that one.

A bit late report today, was on the first of 2 Visa appointments for the regional finals travel.

Nations was going well until lap 20. Qualy was ok, managed to go to third right in the beginning of the race and was looking good for a podium finish until i got too much grass and crashed into the wall. First time i really felt what heavy damage can do to your race. Completely lost the focus and made a lot of mistakes afterwards.

Manu was great fun. Very strong room, think i got the maximum i could here. The pole position glitched somehow, Perro had a 36.7 in the boards and then in the grid he had his real time 39.3 but still kept pole lmao.

Only did manufacturers last night. Was going well till my outlap where I caught someone on worn tyres, I went for a move in the penultimate corner and got tapped on the exit and spun round. Stupidly, I hit the wall whilst recovering meaning I had to pit again cos of the damage I had. In hindsight I probably should've waited till the exit to make my move but I had someone close behind so wanted to get the move done as quickly as possible.

Heavy damage shouldn't be on when people who have had little to no practice can jump straight into a race and ruin other people's races. Or get trolled by someone who knows how to race but just doesn't brake for the first corner at all. That sums up my Manufacturer's tonight.

There was also a weird glitch where the results confirmed screen showed AUGH on pole and me 2nd, then when we went back to the lobby it showed some other guy as having matched AUGH's time and placed him 2nd, bumping me down to 3rd. Anyone seen this before?

Yeah unlucky race start on your side mate made it an easy win for me !

I took a few pictures from the times and i think the issue might been his 1.40*** was with à penalty count in but the game maybe count his time without penalty, would be my guess

Sorry for quality and late upload

Attachments

• DSC_0370.JPG
    DSC_0370.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0371.JPG
    DSC_0371.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0372.JPG
    DSC_0372.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Oh, the wonders of matchmaking... 264 points for 2nd place! :banghead:

And of course, my DR/SR ratings go down as well. I really have to improve, this downhill slide is killing me.

Cheers

Matchmaking matched you with people of similar ability and sportsmanship.

I was the only DR A driver, followed by 2 DR B drivers with the rest of the field being a mix of C's, and D's. I could understand being mixed in with the SR's of a similar rating... that would make sense. But for a Championship Points Race, at least make it so I'm in a race of only DR A's and B's to make it fair.

After being hit and getting damage on the first lap, I pitted to eliminate the damage sustained, and went from 15th place to 2nd. Is that really matchmaking with people of similar ability??? C'mon...

Cheers

I was the only DR A driver, followed by 2 DR B drivers with the rest of the field being a mix of C's, and D's. I could understand being mixed in with the SR's of a similar rating... that would make sense. But for a Championship Points Race, at least make it so I'm in a race of only DR A's and B's to make it fair.

After being hit and getting damage on the first lap, I pitted to eliminate the damage sustained, and went from 15th place to 2nd. Is that really matchmaking with people of similar ability??? C'mon...

Cheers

So you probably have such mixed matchmaking because you aren't at high S Sportsmanship (90 SR ish or above)

Hence it wouldn't be fair to put you with the other A and B Driver Rated players because they have better sportsmanship. It would be unfair to the 99 SR drivers to be put with someone with lower SR.

Whats with this adjustable settings for F1,
1st and 10th are 2 secs apart?
It just makes me wanna skip what is supposed to be a good race.

Whats with this adjustable settings for F1,
1st and 10th are 2 secs apart?
It just makes me wanna skip what is supposed to be a good race.

I don’t think Augh changed the settings as he has not adjusted the final gear.

I got a 28.4 with downforce on max and making the final gear slightly longer. I don’t think changing something else will gain you much time because the car handles really well since the update.

The W08 is a piece of cake now. Plant the throttle in the hairpin or out of casio and behind-the-scenes Benetton-esque traction control does the rest for you. Only areas of wheelspin worry are T2, Degner 2 and Spoon. Sigh... Nowhere near as rewarding as it used to be.

Last edited:
Yeah it doesn't drive like an F1 car anymore, if you look at F1 telemetry and how careful the real cars have to be on throttle, the old physics for this car were actually a lot closer to that (but a bit exaggerated wheelspin wise)

Yeah it doesn't drive like an F1 car anymore, if you look at F1 telemetry and how careful the real cars have to be on throttle, the old physics for this car were actually a lot closer to that (but a bit exaggerated wheelspin wise)

I admit it’s too easy now but it was way off before as well. The gearing was nothing like right, when was the last time you saw a an F1 car using 4th or 5th to come out of a hairpin. It went up through 1st to 5th way too fast.

I admit it’s too easy now but it was way off before as well. The gearing was nothing like right, when was the last time you saw a an F1 car using 4th or 5th to come out of a hairpin. It went up through 1st to 5th way too fast.

The gearing was spot on, the amount of traction that was being simulated in the tyres wasn't

The ratios were too short, they don’t go up through the gears 1-4 that fast, fast yes but that was too fast. Hence why it was ridiculous in slow exit corners, even fourth instantly hit redline.

Also don’t forget it’s on super soft tyres which essentially puts anything on rails.

The ratios were too short, they don’t go up through the gears 1-4 that fast, fast yes but that was too fast. Hence why it was ridiculous in slow exit corners, even fourth instantly hit redline.

Also don’t forget it’s on super soft tyres which essentially puts anything on rails.

Suzuka's hairpin irl, look at the throttle application and the gear selection. If you ran super-soft tyres pre-update, it used to be closer to this than than the new physics are now, the only thing horribly wrong was the turn-in snap

Also he shifts out of 4th at 200km/h, I'm pretty sure the gearing pre-update (not sure about now, but settings are adjustable anyway) shifted at like 190km/h so that wasn't far out either...

Suzuka's hairpin irl, look at the throttle application and the gear selection. If you ran super-soft tyres pre-update, it used to be closer to this than than the new physics are now, the only thing horribly wrong was the turn-in snap

Also he shifts out of 4th at 200km/h, I'm pretty sure the gearing pre-update (not sure about now, but settings are adjustable anyway) shifted at like 190km/h so that wasn't far out either...

On 3/4 throttle in third before even out of the hairpin, do that pre update you would be hitting the limiter and facing the other way.

Damn, I am going to have to try the F1 car now. Still remember the last race where I finished over a lap behind but still got 14th :)
Hopefully I can be a bit less embarrassing this time and only spin a couple of times.

Thanks for the tune @praiano63 :)

Pad, i don't have a wheel.

Oh I thought meanwhile the G29 what you won must have arrived

If you wonder why I'm courious at all,

with my wheel I can keep up to quite fast drivers sometimes. But with a pad I am like DR C/D.

So was I wondering how players like you and mthomas can be that much competitive with a pad, and therefore I wanted to see how you'll do with a wheel

@hellZfirE How did you get on with the wheel in Salzburg, did you adapt pretty well?

PS: It was cool running 2nd behind you for most of the FIA LeMans race last season. I did my part in making sure you had an easy win since 2nd through 4th was a dogfight the last lap. :lol:

Oh I thought meanwhile the G29 what you won must have arrived

If you wonder why I'm courious at all,

with my wheel I can keep up to quite fast drivers sometimes. But with a pad I am like DR C/D.

So was I wondering how players like you and mthomas can be that much competitive with a pad, and therefore I wanted to see how you'll do with a wheel

@mthomas_95 is a very decent wheel driver, but still hasn't fully focused on it as far as i'm aware, so he is still a lot faster on the pad.

@hellZfirE How did you get on with the wheel in Salzburg, did you adapt pretty well?

PS: It was cool running 2nd behind you for most of the FIA LeMans race last season. I did my part in making sure you had an easy win since 2nd through 4th was a dogfight the last lap. :lol:

I was terrible on the Xbow and on the N300 races (both with comfort soft tyres). Was bad on my Red Bull Standard car stint, was ok on Maggiore reverse with the Vantage Gr3 and actually decent on Red Bull Ring with the Vantage Gr3 (but we didnt qualify so i only ran practice laps there).

In suma, i struggled a lot, but enjoyed playing on the wheel.

my transition from controller to wheel was stressful. I feel like i hit about 55k DR pretty steadily with the controller after playing for about 4 months. Consistency, saving/controlling a slide, and overall smoothness since the controller helps with gradual turning. Then i got the wheel and my DR dropped to around 47K or so pretty fast and I started my slow climb back up while adapting. Much more fun now and I think i've about reached my limit on DR with the amount of time i can/am willing to put into the game.

Did the daily race C today and had pretty good qualification(5th). Get slow start drop to 7th and don't bother braking for first corner wiping most of the guys out in front of me. It was arguably most unfortunate time for me to pass a kidney stone and then spend the next 5 hours in A&E. Game still gave me negative SR and a time penalty...callous and inconsiderate in the extreme considering the pain I was in. Guessing the leaders turned the air blue lol but sorry to any of you if you are reading this, just glad I was not driving my own car at time.

Here's the setup i use with the f1 car...
The Last update really brought down a lot the fun it was to drive this car as it has simply no wheelspin anymore...

I was able to do a 1.26.2** using stock setup with max front downforce, so few People might gain time using this setup and others won't ...

Also using stock gears as i didnt want to bother with this as i soon noticed the stock settings were quite performant.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20181005_115327.jpg
    PS_Messages_20181005_115327.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 31
Manufacturer Series EX S2 R2

I qualified 18th after setting a really bad lap, and I messed up my final attack lap...

But that changed during the race, as even with a time costing save after a punterino by Fuchikoma-san (probably caused by myself as I was on the outside) on the early stages, I was able to do an amazing recovery drive, taking advantage of people battling each other as I go, and pitted for fresh Mediums at the end of Lap 5, then went on to finish 9th after a drag race to the finish with Ukuima-san in his Atenza. Slipstream + Big Bimmer + great exit = 9th! 1248 points to start off my Manufacturers S2 campaign!

On that race, there are a few fast names out there, such as race winner TOMMYKAIRA_R32 and fellow BMW driver Jason_type99. Plus, there is the only other non-Japanese driver in form of Mercedes driver TrevisioRandelli from Singapore and the ultra-popular Valdemer_tana, famously known for his itasha stuff.

Tc1 seems to work well for the Nations race start. Also I used the soft tyres for the race, but the 3 guys ahead of me used the super soft and didn't look like too much difference in wear. All 3 stopped on lap 6.

I managed to keep it on track for a good 4th, about 40 secs behind Trl_Augh, which really emphasises the difference between a real driver and me :)

As for the manufacturers race, it was pretty much as expected. I only qualified in 10th, so I managed the 1st corner without getting hit, but the 1st chicane...

Guy in front of me hits the wall hard, I lift off but still hit him. Guy behind me hits me. Leaves me with damage to front and back which I managed until the end of lap 4, but was 15 secs back and the 6 seconds extra pit time for the damage meant I could only struggle back to 10th again.

Oh well, onto the next races :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back