FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Nations cups report would read "should of done better".
Race1 (911) qualified 5th, 2nd by the 1st corner as 1-4 took a wee excursion.. 1st wasnt up for joining the track with out hitting me so decided 2nd isnt too bad. Stayed like this till the hairpin on lap 7 were i was presented with a back marker. You guessed it, clipped the grass and binned it! finished 7th
Race 2 (911) qualified 7th (or something) finished 7th. Picked a few places up... had a minor incident at turn 1 ran wide, then another incident and i was down to 12th.. kept plugging away and was on the bumper on 5/6 when i crossed the line. Disappointed.. Yeah, but i didnt give up! Even gained some DR in the process.

Mixed bag of racing for me.

In the 9pm manufacturers slot I was in the same lobby as @Lost Sheltie Botched both qualifying laps starting 17th. Managed to get all the way to turn 1 before binning it all on my own :rolleyes: Finished stone cold last for a big fat zero points.

20190822091313.jpg

Really didn't want to do the 11pm slot but had to really. Brands Hatch is a bogey track for me (see above) but switched off for an hour before jumping back in.

Qualifying was better, starting 11th but less than a second covering the first 15. Through a number of miracles (others making mistakes) find myself in 7th behind a GTR. Manage to make my only legitimate overtake of the race to take 6th. Now the bogey corner on my bogey track is Sheene (the last right hander before the penultimate corner left hander). On worn tyres I'm prone to running wide at the exit and spinning out. On the last lap I've closed the gap to a Porsche so the corner is unsighted. For a breath holding second I put a tyre on the grass at the exit but thankfully keep the car straight and don't spin to keep 6th :) Managed good lap times too with everything in the 1:30's apart from my dodgy last lap.

20190822091303.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190821233622.jpg

Even though this very slightly improved my points, the gap to the top 200 has slightly widened. Getting an S Rank looks increasingly unlikely but the next round is potentially a good one if I can get it right. The rounds after that, not so much!

Don't know what the deal with Suzuka was yesterday. Did the free practice and everything is fine. Get to qualifying and I completely messed it up and start second to last. Race starts and T1 about 5 cars go off not through bumping, but everyone just completely misjudging how slippery it is, including myself. Didn't get any better as the race unfolded either. Went from P18 to P9 in about 3 laps. Felt like I was driving on ice the whole time.

I don't know if there is massive grip reduction outside the racing line in FIA, or track temps or whatever it is, but I went 2 sec faster in time trial with BOP on and all without breaking a sweat.

I was hoping to bag 2400pts last night at Brands hatch. Mowed the grass in the first slot. Couldn’t get a solid qualifying lap in the 2nd slot but was able to finish 5th in the top split:

1963pts wasn’t enough to keep me in the top 16. I’m glad we have six days to practice Sardegna because I need to run a solid race there next week and grab some big points.

First manufacturers race since coming back to GTS after 2 years last night. No idea what split I was in but I'm a C driver with S sportsmanship.

Used the Megane Trophy (the NA race one). Qualified 6th, had a bad start, dropped a few places then got tapped off on lap 3 which dropped me back to 15th, fought back up through the race to finish 6th. Lots of fun racing.

That moment when thousands of laps and many years racing around Suzuka finally paid off! :D:D:D
Pole, Victory and 2536 points in Nations Cup with the mighty GT-R and my best result ever since the release of GT Sport. :bowdown:
The races looks a bit boring but my legs were shaking from the beginning and my head shouted "DON´T MESS IT UP" throughout the whole race. :embarrassed:
This was also the reason why I braked to early at the chicane in lap one and nearly caused a collision with Zimi.

The races looks a bit boring but my legs were shaking from the beginning and my head shouted "DON´T MESS IT UP" throughout the whole race. :embarrassed:
I know exactly what you mean, I've put several videos up on youtube where it's probably a similar experience for the viewer to watching paint dry, but it was very tense and exciting for me while driving.

I knew Manu was going to be awful and so I decided to do Nations about half an hour before the last slot. Did a few things to catch up to speed really fast and other than qualifying, I did way better than expected. Finally got a break in Nations.

Then came Manu. More points than expected. Started 6th. Tried saving tires in a sloppy race full of incidents. Inevitably, my tires absolutely died and was pushed off on the last lap. The gap in performance thanks to BOP and wear rates was hilariously wide. How could anyone be blind on how broken Gr4 is right now? :lol:

How could anyone be blind on how broken Gr4 is right now? :lol:
I find it a little interesting. The bop is was off within each race but over a season its much closer. FF was way off the pace yesterday but has been really strong in others. I feel like almost each manufacturer has 2 or 3 races where it's strong this season.

There are a few exceptions ofc.

I know a lot of people complain about how unbalanced some cars are....but isn't that racing? "Unbalanced" cars is a key factor in basically every level of motorsport. To me I switched from Nations to Manu because the variety of cars and everything that comes with that. To me it seems more like a real racing series.

I guess it's one of those things people hate about real motor sport, (ehem F1 ehem) and in video games we have a platform where it's easy to play with settings to make all the cars pretty equal.

Either way, at the end of the day some races will favor you some won't. Some cars are fairly strong everywhere, but in the end we signed with who we signed with on our own accord. TBH, I'm usually glad when the combo doesn't suit me, like Autopolis the other week in my FF Scirocco, I knew after a 15 min practice I had no chance so I got a few days off from GTS. And Brands last night, I did slot 1, knew I wasn't going to improve my points so instead of grinding all 3 slots I just did a 1 and done.

It reminds me of people complaining about how bad the point system after race 2 because they had a few bad races in top split and were 300th in the standings. But at the end of the day they end up qualifying for every world tour and the world finals.....Though I admit the point system could be better, it's just that it only take a few good finishes to jump 200 people in the standings if your a top driver, again not every race is yours.

Not every car will be great at every combo but too often, the same few cars have far more opportunities for points compared to others. If fuel saving wasn't a thing this season, the Gr4 RCZ would've been as useful as the Gr4 Lancer. When has the Gr4 GT-R been relevant at all so far? Is there any combo in existence where the Dodges aren't window dressing?

Even if you want to race a combo for fun, you all but can't because the gaps in performance makes it feel like you're in a completely different category than everyone else.

Yesterday, in round 36 and 16 of the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Series respectively, I had finished in third and second in both races. In one of them, I also had set the fastest lap in a FIAGTC race for the first time.

I knew Manu was going to be awful and so I decided to do Nations about half an hour before the last slot. Did a few things to catch up to speed really fast and other than qualifying, I did way better than expected. Finally got a break in Nations.

Then came Manu. More points than expected. Started 6th. Tried saving tires in a sloppy race full of incidents. Inevitably, my tires absolutely died and was pushed off on the last lap. The gap in performance thanks to BOP and wear rates was hilariously wide. How could anyone be blind on how broken Gr4 is right now? :lol:

I had a quick look at the NA nations leaderboard for the first time in a long while to see where you are only to realise how dead it is at the very top. I obviously already know how dead it is for Oceania but didn't think it was that bad in NA or Asia. EMEA has actually dropped off a bit but still pumping out 3k scores.

All these Gr4 PUG races have my DR in danger of going below 60k and I haven't been supplementing it with "decent" nations results. I tried the bug at suzuka for fun in the last nations slot with very little practice only to realise during the race that it doesn't have enough top speed. My thinking was "it was the meta at Bathurst a while ago so it should be close enough to whatever the meta is...". After looking back at my notes I realised it was the meta at Bathurst because it was done during the "tyre wear stage of death" stage 2. Even though I think I can hold on to Oceania top splits at around 60k, it's gonna be close if it keeps dropping and I don't really have time to grind it up or practice moar to suck less / git gud for the rest of FIA.

Not every car will be great at every combo but too often, the same few cars have far more opportunities for points compared to others. If fuel saving wasn't a thing this season, the Gr4 RCZ would've been as useful as the Gr4 Lancer. When has the Gr4 GT-R been relevant at all so far? Is there any combo in existence where the Dodges aren't window dressing?

Even if you want to race a combo for fun, you all but can't because the gaps in performance makes it feel like you're in a completely different category than everyone else.
the gr4 gtr was decent at Monza and Interlagos. Lancer and Dodge are 2 of the biggest exceptions for sure. Those cars need buffs.

Also if you want to race for fun do some dailies or lobby races.

I agree with you overall but it's not breaking the game by any means.

Don't know what the deal with Suzuka was yesterday. Did the free practice and everything is fine. Get to qualifying and I completely messed it up and start second to last. Race starts and T1 about 5 cars go off not through bumping, but everyone just completely misjudging how slippery it is, including myself. Didn't get any better as the race unfolded either. Went from P18 to P9 in about 3 laps. Felt like I was driving on ice the whole time.

I don't know if there is massive grip reduction outside the racing line in FIA, or track temps or whatever it is, but I went 2 sec faster in time trial with BOP on and all without breaking a sweat.

I notice that to but i think its the same on all tracks, my guess it´s related to tyre wear, when race starts tyres are cold and not in optimal temperature to get ideal grip and people tend to push a bit more in the first corners to not lose positions or for instance force to gain positions, the constant fights make people make more mistakes...bad timings and erratic lines.

In pratice mode tyre temperature it´s not a factor, in races i tend to have more carefull aproachs to firts corners to adapt but sometimes it´s hard cause most people at least in my rank tend to force a lot to overtake and most of times they put you out of the track and ruin my races and their´s.

Anyway i have few time and still a beginner in GT sport but to improve that aspect i think it´s better to make custom races with the same setup´s of BOP..tyre wear and fuel consuption, only did that once but the outcome in results where very positive cause you know what to expect when the real deal unfolds.

Obviously we all get the weekend off of FIA so we can enjoy the racing in New York, but has anyone done any practice at Sardegna A yet? The in game race time is 19:30 so the sun is very low in the sky and often gets blocked by the hills making it really quite dark. There is also no trackside/street lighting and all the headlights do is illuminate the road signs!

The fast chicane before the last corner is particularly hazardous now. I felt confident about this race until I saw the conditions.....

Yep... had a poor qualifying, great race pace in the 650S and I ended up wrecking 3 people's shot for at least 36 points, felt pretty small after that one. Unfortunately not my first incident this season but that was by far the worst.

I ended up finishing 2nd in the final race for 22 points. Wouldn't usually be too disappointed with that, but the World Tour guys missing meant there was a massive opportunity that went begging.

The top drivers not entering also meant there were not enough Nations points on offer to warrant an attempt. Might be difficult to improve my score at this rate.

Why are the next FIA races not until next week?? They're usually every wednesday & saturday night

Because of the World Tour Event in New York. They always leave the FIA Calendar blank for those weekends, mainly I assume because the top drivers will be at the World Tour so can't race in the FIA event.

There are also mid-season breaks and breaks between seasons. They aren't EVERY Wednesday and Saturday (thankfully!)

Because of the World Tour Event in New York. They always leave the FIA Calendar blank for those weekends, mainly I assume because the top drivers will be at the World Tour so can't race in the FIA event.

There are also mid-season breaks and breaks between seasons. They aren't EVERY Wednesday and Saturday (thankfully!)

Damn that sucks, I was hyped for it.

Especially after the fact that I missed a month of gameplay, then came back and had a nightmare race with nations, qualifying 2nd and 4th with the R8 in the highest points lobby I've ever been in, full of S/S A/S drivers with 1500 pts for 1st... and finished 15th and 12th lol.... Never realised how the R8 was like driving on ice in the race.

This is my first year on GT Sport and I was wondering about that.

What usually comes after the FIA season? Is the calendar as full as with the Nations and Manu?

Last one: do these next championships affect S ranks or just the main FIA events?

What usually comes after the FIA season? Is the calendar as full as with the Nations and Manu?

Last one: do these next championships affect S ranks or just the main FIA events?

Welcome to GTSport :)

After these official seasons have ended they run exhibition seasons, still the same format of Nations and Manufacturers. They will still be Wednesdays and Saturdays as normal, but they don't count towards anything. That said one of this years Pre-Seasons DID count towards qualifying for a World Tour event, but they didn't tell anyone in advance!

I don't 'think' the exhibition seasons count towards an S rank either. I could be wrong on that, it's not something that I've had to consider so far :lol:

Welcome to GTSport :)

After these official seasons have ended they run exhibition seasons, still the same format of Nations and Manufacturers. They will still be Wednesdays and Saturdays as normal, but they don't count towards anything. That said one of this years Pre-Seasons DID count towards qualifying for a World Tour event, but they didn't tell anyone in advance!

I don't 'think' the exhibition seasons count towards an S rank either. I could be wrong on that, it's not something that I've had to consider so far :lol:

Awesome, thanks for the welcoming words and responses, Watto!

It’s been a fun season and it’s good to know we’ll still have some good exhibition races until the end of the year, specially with less pressure to qualify for ranks and events! Thanks, man!

It's the first year I've made some kind of effort (not hardcore though). Bit of a learning curve with some classes. I could of been doing better if I hadn't missed half of the nation's races... always next season though

It's the first year I've made some kind of effort (not hardcore though). Bit of a learning curve with some classes. I could of been doing better if I hadn't missed half of the nation's races... always next season though

Same here! Had a good run in Manu though. It's been great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back