FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have such a hard time deciding what I want to pick for Manufacturers. I've put the most miles on the Corvettes since last season ended (I ran Porsche then), but I've been spending a lot of time today trying out the other options. I've narrowed it down to three different brands:

Jaguar, Mercedes, or Chevrolet.

My fastest times have been in the Jaguars but they're a little twitchier and so damned understeery, Mercedes has a bigger gap between Gr3 and Gr4 so I have to push harder in the Gr4 SLS to get good times versus the other Gr4 cars, Chevrolet is more middle of the road for everything, but I can't quite reach the same pace in them as I can with the others. They're for sure easier to drive though, so over long races sacrificing a few tenths a lap might be worth it if it means running without mistakes.

Tough decision for sure :P

I'm not worried about tyre wear. I'd like an FR to replicate GT4 for my own immersion. Now, in saying that, I'm feeling the recent Super Touring vibe that the announced BTCC game may include. Dressing an Atenza in the classic BTCC liveries for each Gr.4 race, are definitely on the cards. :sly:

Alsace is probably the most challenging for the Atenza, in terms of a bad performance. We'll see. I may yet be swayed. ;)

I wasn’t worried about tire wear either. But one of the few brands I believe will have a consistent car in both categories. If they do have BOP changes, I see the Viper and Vette getting some cuts.

I have been doing a lot of testing and the Audi, Sirocco and Peugeot are so much faster in GR4 on most tracks compared to the rest. I do expect most players that focus on GR 4 will pick one of these three..... and I wonder what influence that will have to the coming series?

With there being no gaps in the calendar for a future update, it looks more and more unlikely to me that there will be any new content added to GTS for the remainder of this calendar year. This calendar takes us up to end of October with no gaps.

I also think that the 3 remaining announced cars might not turn up either.

Lest we forget, the Lamborghini VGT and Porsche Living Legend are well overdue now, based on original release schedule.

With the World Tour, understandably, stymied by virus restrictions, I hope PD can maintain sufficient interest with these FIA events to carry the players with them into 2021.

Obviously, if GT7 does appear before next summer, that would help build up hype again for the FIA events.

I hope they fix the broken penalty system in time for the new series.

In dailies today I got a 2 second penalty for passing on the inside when the other car went wide and then turned in as if I wasn’t there passing him. He already had a track limit penalty when it happened. So he gained the spot back since my penalty for passing was greater. This has happened more than once.

If I race in either series i’ll have to be sure not to try and pass anyone unless they crash off the track so I won’t be near them. There will be no battling, no swapping positions and basically no passing otherwise!

is this PD’s plan?

While everyone is waiting for the new FIA season, in the sport mode time trails Gr2 is at Mount Panorama. Give it a go if you haven’t it’s crazy!!! Also the leaderboard is worldwide 👍.
This is interesting because I don't think GT500 cars are allowed to run on FIA Grade 3 circuits; I'm not sure there's ever been an official GTS competition that wouldn't be allowed by the FIA.

I’ll be entering some of these...First reaction to Tsukuba 37 laps gr3...

4F3848A1-E783-48E9-AB79-9299A999D626.gif

but, after thought, might enter that too!

2020/21 exhibition series 1 all in the attached PDF

Is it possible there is an error in your table? Fuel and Tyre factors for Manu Round 8 (Tokyo) seem wrong.

Apart from that, thanks to everyone for making those lists.

I think I will go with Porsche again. There is just no other cars I enjoy driving as much as those.

Went race-by-race through both schedules yesterday and tried to outline reasonable targets and goals. Based on my current DR and how I did at each track in the last season, came up with these estimates:

• 125 Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP
  • 125 Mazda Roadster Touring Car KYOTO DRIVING PARK - YAMAGIWA II
  • 110 Gr.2 Red Bull Ring
  • 110 Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • 135 BMW M4 Gr.4 , Lexus RC F Gr.4 Dragon Trail - Gardens
  • 90 Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo Fuji International Speedway
  • 125 Gr.4 Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • 135 Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior Dragon Trail - Seaside
  • 125 Group C Circuit de la Sarthe
  • 90 Gr.3 NĂĽrburgring GP
645 Season Points (Estimated) --> target 2 podiums for a Goal of 695 points

• 135 Gr.3 Dragon Trail - Seaside
  • 125 Gr.4 Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • 90 Gr.3 Tsukuba Circuit
  • 135 Gr.4 Alsace - Village
  • 90 Gr.3 Fuji International Speedway
  • 125 Gr.4 Goodwood Motor Circuit
  • 110 Gr.3 Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix Layout
  • 125 Gr.4 Tokyo Expressway - East Inner Loop
  • 140 Gr.3 WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
  • 130 Gr.4 Suzuka Circuit
665 Season Points (Estimated) --> target 2 podiums for a goal of 710 points. Target top 5 in state for Nations and top 50 in US / 2nd in state for Manufacturers.

Still a far ways away from Star Player rating, but better than my first season over the summer. I'm sticking with Porsche on my main account, even if it will be a little disadvantaged at Monza and perhaps Tokyo.

Now that I've done that it will be interesting to see how I actually do... and how the competition stacks up compared to the summer season. Good luck to everyone else out there and hope that I get to race with you all at least a few times throughout the 20 races in this Stage.

Last edited:
Trying out Mercedes after being a Mazda fanboy for the last few seasons. Holy cow that AMG is planted compared to the RX Vision. I feel like I'll have stronger finishes this time around. Going through the chicane of death in the AMG is quite rewarding. I've never been able to go on full throttle before the last right hand kink, usually only at partial throttle or coasting until the car is straight. Let's just hope the penalty system doesn't ruin the racing!

Last edited:
I'm waiting until the last moment to make my pick so I don't get screwed over by any BOP changes :P

After more testing I'm decided on the Corvettes as my first pick, Jaguar second, and Mercedes third. Pending potential BOP changes that is.

If all three get screwed by BOP then I'll just throw a dart and see what I get
:lol:

Well, new season underway. In the official series I only focused on Nations as my Alfa got screwed by BOP and I only could do the Gr3 races.

As a Manufacturer I will choose Dodge, I discovered that I really like the GR.3 Viper in the Nations Cup race at RedBull Ring and I used it since then in several races in the private league that I joined. The car is a rocket on straights, very stable but a bit understeery. However, cause of the high torque is has a typical snap at gear shift that can be used to rotate the car and compensate the understeer.
The Gr4 car I don't like that much, but is decent enough to be able to get the odd result here and there. If you see two yellow Vipers on the EMEA servers, it's probably me...

Now as objectives for the season:

Manufacturer's Cup - based on the fact that I am starting at 37.5k DR I will dream big:
Top10 in Dodge leaderboards and top200 EMEA.

Nations Cup - last season I finished 4th in the Romanian leaderboards and 380-ish in EMEA. Again dream big:
Top5 in Romanian leaderboards and top200 in EMEA.

Bonus objective - get to A+.

It will help that in our private championship we will run both Nations Cup and Manufacturers races. Will be a good practice, being matched with at least other 8-9 drivers that are at the same level or faster than me. That is a very good recipe for improvement...

Man. I have no idea what direction I’m going to go with for Manufacturers.

I think I’ll play around on Friday and decide after. Early front runners are:
McLaren with the F1, Ford with the GT, Dodge, Chev,

Also wondering about trying something more unrepresented such as Hyundai or Mitsubishi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back