DigitalBaka

How hard can it be?
Premium
United States
IL, USA
DigitalBaka
DigitalBaka587
Welcome to FITT, the
Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers!
FITT.jpg

Our Mission

Hello and welcome to the next evolution of FITT, the Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers! We are back for Gran Turismo 6 to help the tuning community of GTPlanet and GT in general to learn and grow by sharing, collaboration, discussion and, above all, having fun. We feel that one of the best ways to do this is to get together and hold competitions for tuners and drivers alike.

Tuners can use these competitions to test and refine their skills against some of the best GT tuners from around the globe. There are no borders or barriers in a FITT Tuning Shootout.

Test drivers also compete with each other, sometimes formally and sometimes just for bragging rights, but they also provide valuable feedback to the individual tuners and to those following the competition.

Interested fans and spectators can use the tunes provided to make their own racing and driving experience more enjoyable and competitive.

Everyone has fun and everyone benefits from a well run Tuning Shootout!

fitt3.png

Our Goals

At FITT our goals are:
  • Provide help and knowledge for all those who wish to learn to tune in GT.
  • Provide a standardized format for Tuning Shootouts that enables tuners, test drivers and observers to participate under the umbrella of a consistent, equitable and limited set of guidelines. When you see the FITT banner sanctioning a Tuning Shootout, you can be certain the event will be well organized, time efficient and, of course, fun.
  • Promote awareness of all officially sanctioned FITT events, both past and present, and be a historical reference point for anyone researching previous tuning competitions.
  • Be a resource center and provide support for past and future Event Sponsors.
  • Extend an invitation and actively encourage participation in FITT sanctioned events by all members of the GTPlanet and general GT Community, regardless of their level of tuning, driving skill or experience.
  • The FITT Council and Competition Committee (FITTCCC) will always be open to constructive feedback, and will continue to explore and test new contest formats and guidelines to make Tuning Shootouts more enjoyable and competitive for everyone.

fitt2.png

FITT Council and Competition Committee Members

While we do not have an official members list the FITT Council are the folks that make the whole thing work. The council holds regular discussions regarding events, rule changes and other FITT matters. If you have questions about what we do, there is nobody better to ask than one of these fine folks!

Founder
XDesperado67 | PSN: XDesperado67

Thread Admin
DigitalBaka | PSN: DigitalBaka, GTP_DigitalBaka

FAQ Editor
krenkme | PSN: krenkme

Council Members
CSLACR | PSN: CSLACR, GTP_CSL
CyKosis1973 | PSN: CyKosis1973
MotorCityHami | PSN: MotorCtyHamilton
NEWDRIVER2 | PSN: OTS_NEWDRIVER2, GTP_NEWDRIVER2
Onboy123 | PSN: Onboy123
praiano63 | PSN: praiano63

Honorary Members
Princess Kate (and sister) | Graphics Design

fitt.png

Online Tuning Room

For FITT members and friends, ACSR421 has been kind enough to open an online tuning room to be available 24/7! It is intended to be a friendly gathering spot to share ideas, test out tunes and get advice. At this time ACS is investigating the best way to provide this room in GT6 and will share the info when it has been worked out. In the meantime, you may also join the group here on GTPlanet. Hope to see you there!

Because of the way that the community features work currently, this room is not open. If/when an updateis made to these features we will revisit this room. For now you may feel free to send FRs to FITT members as there is often a random room going for tuning and racing.

Social Media

Follow us on your favorite social sites! FITT has a home on both Facebook and Twitter. If you have an idea for an event, want to see who wins what or just want to hangout with the members of FITT outside of GTPlanet feel free to join us!

Last edited:
Tuning Information
The only thing we know for certain about tuning in GT6 thus far is that we don't know everything...yet!

The GTP tuning community-at-large was invaluable in discovering the ins and out of each setting in GT5 and no doubt will be for GT6. We at FITT hope to provide a single resource library for as much tuning knowledge and data as possible through discussion and competition.

To that end, @Motor City Hami has provided a thread to amass this data and links to relevant conversation, both here at GTP and things that we are able to glean from the developers from sites around the Internet. You can find this resource at the following link:

As more tips and tricks are available we will do our best to share them with the community in this space but expect the above thread to be the most up-to-date repository of information.

Update 1.09 - Camber adjusted, rear-heavy car handling tweaked

Last edited:
Standardized Rules
As creating enjoyable competition is one of our goals within the GTP community, we have collected a generalized set of guidelines to accompany a FITT sponsored event. These are based on a "tried-and-true" method and have been refined through numerous events sponsored since our inception. That said, they are not set in stone nor are they the only rules that can be used or that will be needed. However, Rule 13 is the exception and MUST be a part of every FITT sponsored event.

1)Each tuner may submit one entry for the challenge unless otherwise specified in the event rules.

2)Car limitations and restrictions will be set by the Event Sponsor (hereafter, "ES").

3)All tunes and test results must be submitted no later than the deadline specified by the ES. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is the standard time used for all deadlines unless otherwise specified. Please be sure to use the time calculator provided if you're unsure of the deadline. Accepting late submissions is at the sole discretion of the ES.

4)The ES will designate which track(s) and cars are to be tested on as well as all testing parameters. Cars are to be tested exactly as written by the tuner. ES will determine if test cars are to be placed on "share" by tuners or purchased and tuned individually by testers. It is at the discretion of the ES to decide if tuners may participate as drivers. Drivers must submit a time/review for all cars by the testing deadline. The winner(s) will be determined by a formula set by ES before the start of competition.

5)Test drivers are expected to be very conscientious in setting up their test facilities to ensure equal testing parameters for all vehicles. The ES reserves the right to question any and all lap times submitted by test drivers. At the discretion of the ES, a test driver may be asked to repeat testing for the car(s) in question or all cars in the contest, or may choose to exclude any and all times associated with the test driver in question. Also at the discretion of the ES, the test driver may be asked to produce photo or video proof of unusual lap times.

6)Prizes, if any, are to be established before the contest begins by the ES, along with all relevant parameters regarding qualification, payout dates, etc.

13) Driver feedback, both positive and negative, is strongly encouraged and should be done in a constructive manner. Not all tunes work well for every driver. Personal attacks WILL NOT be tolerated and may result in penalties or disqualification at the discretion of the organizer(s) and also may be subject to sanction by GTPlanet Moderating Staff. Treat all participants and spectators in a respectful manner so that everyone may enjoy the event.

Last edited:
Current Event

Event Archives
If you have an idea for a FITT event please feel free to post in this thread or message a FITT Council member privately with the details.

Please also check out our old thread for details of past GT5 events.

FITT GT5 Edition

FITT Car of the Month
New for GT6 we will be doing a Car of the Month. The premise is to highlight a little used car in the depths of the extensive list made available to us and collect tunes, feedback, advice and more for each particular car. At the end of each month we will take suggestions for the next month's featured car.

Last edited:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be a member of FITT to participate in FITT events?
  • No! Outside of the the Council who run FITT there is no official membership. We encourage anyone and everyone to participate in events and discussions no matter their experience or ability.
How do I sign-up for events? Do I need to express interest right when the events start?
  • This will vary slightly from one event to the next, but in general we try to have sign-ups open until the submission deadlines. All you need to do to sign-up is to post in the event thread and tell folks what you would like to do for the event, whether submitting a tune, providing testing feedback or some other way of contributing. The event sponsor will usually add your name to a participant list; from there just follow the rules that are laid out for contributing.

Last edited:
Miscellaneous Info
Because of some of the challenges we faced during events with regard to sharing of cars we have come up with a new method which we hope will make things easier for everyone. While we still need to work out the details of sharing limits and such, FITT has created 5 accounts to share cars from.

The hope is that this will make things easier by dropping the number of FRs that need to be sent out per event from 15+ each time to 5 one time. The accounts will be reused each event so anyone who has participated before can be immediately ready for the next. New participants need only friend the 5 accounts once instead of picking up requests for each tuner and/or tester.

FITT admins will take care of accepting FRs and will direct each tuner where to send their car for each individual event. The cars will then be shared for the duration of the event and taken down at the conclusion to prep for the next event.

Please friend the following accounts on PSN:
  • GTP_FITT_1
  • GTP_FITT_2
  • GTP_FITT_3
  • GTP_FITT_4
  • GTP_FITT_5
If everything goes to plan this should make things much easier on everyone. We may tweak the process or add more accounts as needed.

NOTE: As there is no way to share cars in GT6 (yet) we are not yet using these accounts. When community sharing options become available we will begin to work out usage of these accounts.

-----

We are also looking at getting together with the major tuners and garages to create a standard template of sorts for tunes. Not format necessarily but rather info that should be included such as parts list and settings but also things like game version.

As we saw in GT5, the physics varied depending on your game version and it became hard to tell which tunes worked in the new physics and which did not. Adding game version to your tune list would benefit those searching for tunes to use later down the line.

Last edited:
Looks great DB.👍👍
Now we just need to get a mod to sticky this thread and Hami's physics thread and we'll be in business.:D

Maybe you could post a link back to the GT5 FITT thread so new comers could see what we've done in the past.
Also maybe a link in the GT5 thread to help people who haven't made the leap yet to GT6 find us as well.

Hello friends. What about the feed back ??
-Low final drive still better for accel on st powerband car??
-Ride height difference is changing the car behavior the right way??
-FF cars still need to run extreme settings to turn well ??
-Lost and regain of grip is progressive?? Like i can hear on the replay through the tires noise ??
-Does the normal real life settings modificate clearly the reactions of the cars ?? No dominant settings like LSD and TOE???

Please please. I can't discover myself for the moment but i'm staying crazy to know about all this

Thanks.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

-Lost and regain of grip is progressive?? Like i can hear on the replay through the tires noise ??
-Does the normal real life settings modificate clearly the reactions of the cars ?? No dominant settings like LSD and TOE???

Please please. I can't discover myself for the moment but i'm staying crazy to know about all this

Thanks.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

Waiting another 6 to 8 hours for the game to arrive.

FITT admins will take care of accepting FRs and will direct each tuner where to send their car for each individual event. The cars will then be shared for the duration of the event and taken down at the conclusion to prep for the next event.

Will the car be send back to the tuner or does the tuner "buy" a new car, setup it up as tested and send it to one of the accounts?

Actually:

1.Does the tuner send the car with tune he/she tested with?
2. Does the tuner buy and send a new car and apply the correct setup from the testcar?

Sorry for the confusion

Here is what my vision is at the moment. Could change as we go.
  • Tuner selects car for the event
  • Tuner tunes car
  • Tuner sends car to the FITT account specified by host/admin
  • Host/admin shares car(s)
  • Testers borrow car(s) from FITT account
  • Event ends
  • Host/admin takes car(s) off share
  • Car(s) are kept on FITT account, possibly deleted depending on space considerations
Essentially, you give up the car. Due to the way sharing was restricted (in GT5) it would be too much hassle to send cars back to their tuners. Also, because the accounts may be managed by different people from one event to the next the game save will not always look the same. Any cars in the garage on my PS3 will not be there on Hami's, etc. This is why during the event only one person manages the in-game (garage and sharing) aspect.

If another method becomes apparent we can certainly refine this as we progress, such as if there is a higher/zero limit on the number of cars than can be sent or an online/social "championship" event where we can submit cars for use.

Thanks.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

I think better driving and better tuning has become more necessary.

Slowing a car down in a braking area and making the apex has become more difficult. If the tyres become overworked, they become far less effective for a moment until their temperature recovers. So if you cook your tyres coming to a turn, it becomes difficult to make the turn. Cars seem to brake less well now and applying some steering angle while braking seems less effective.

Oversteer on corner exit is easy with high power cars now and oversteer with rear heavy cars is a bigger problem. Fishtailing causes your rear tyres to cook and you lose complete control.

Straddling a kerb with a car that's too low causes you to lose control. Hitting a curb on the apex with sports soft tyres and standard suspension can roll the car.

I haven't tested out tuning enough to say how much each setting effects the tuning of a car.

I am going to be watching this with interest 👍

Good Luck to all involved .
Don't just watch...Get involved!

We have a lot of fun coming up with events and running them.

Always looking for fresh ideas, and more Tuners and Test Drivers.:cheers::gtpflag:

Don't just watch...Get involved!

We have a lot of fun coming up with events and running them.

Always looking for fresh ideas, and more Tuners and Test Drivers.:cheers::gtpflag:

Honest i'm just a really average driver , will do what I can .

Usually offer feedback to the tunes and support , that's about it :gtpflag:

@Harley45 if your just an average driver then your probably faster than Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here.:lol:

Seriously take a look back at our GT5 thread and the events we ran and you'll see that many of us are pretty average at best.

We have a couple WRS beasts and near aliens, but it's having people of all different skill levels involved that makes FITT so great.👍👍

average driver and tuner here as well, but I make an effort to fix something nice and above all I enjoy what I am doing :D

With all the info provided by FITT and the experienced tuners in here :bowdown: there is a chance for the average man to produce something above average 👍

Now that we have another Fit in the game, I think a FITT FIT event would be FITting for fit. :P

You guy's running a competition using the FIT?
Was going to post a guaging thread about a little competition involving the FIT but thought I would check to see I was not going to step on anyone's toes, thankfully I checked and noticed the above.

I've ran competition's before back in the day's of GT5 Prologue and for several years on the Forza franchise (user names Chunkee_Monkey/JPS/HandheldBee9/Cashwars - multiple accounts on both platforms for this purpose)

Anyhow, appreciate confirmation if your going ahead with the FITT FIT tuning competition,

many thanks Bee_Bee9

EDIT. Meant to say if you was, it's not a problem, I can alway's look at something else at a later date.

@Bee_Bee9 why not join our happy throng here in FITT?

As I said above we're always looking for more participants and adding someone to our list of Event Sponsors would be great.👍:👍

Heck think we need an ES for a Fighting Fit FITT event to get things rolling here in GT6...wonder if anyone has ideas on how to set one up:odd::crazy::lol:

Last edited:
You guy's running a competition using the FIT?
Was going to post a guaging thread about a little competition involving the FIT but thought I would check to see I was not going to step on anyone's toes, thankfully I checked and noticed the above.
I wasn't saying I was going to run one, just throwing the idea out there. If you want to host a Fit competition, go for it. No toes will be harmed. :D:tup:

Any chance of F.I.T.T. creating a thread just for links to tuning discoveries. I know most garages will want to figure out stuff on their own but it might be a good idea to gather all the links to the tuning finds in one place for reference. I'm talking about stuff that's tested to some degree with some data included as to parameters not stuff like, "I did this and this seemed to happen" sort of thing. Might be something that would eventually get stickied if it's through enough.:cheers:

can someone please show me how to get involved in this... i have no clue.
Congratulations your now involved in FITT!:cheers:

No seriously that's pretty much it. There is no official membership roll or anything like that. Just join in discussions here and the physics thread that Hami started and participate in events when we have them.

FITT was originally started in an attempt to put a minimum amount of organisation into the budding GT5 tuning competition scene. (Having 3 or 4 different people all running their own event at same time is bad for everyone.)
Anyways Rule 13 and Have Fun are the only FITT by-laws written in stone, everything else we just sort of make up as we go.

Back