Formula 1 2018 Honda Japanese Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 179 comments
If Lewis wins and Vettel gets no points, can we get a repeat of last year with the title being won at Mexico?

Lewis already has the title in the bag. Anyone who thinks this championship is still wide open is merely fooling himself.

Ferrari have fallen apart. They've given up, maybe not consciously but they appear to have lost focus.

Arrivabene man, he's such a hater!

When it looks like a spade, digs like a spade and the guy holding it says it's a spade...it's a spade!!

But it could be a shovel as some people don't know the difference.

Just send him to Juventus
He probably doesnt want to become corrupt or lose his values so probably not a desired destination.

5472.jpg
That's really freaky looking.
I had to dig deep into my hard drive to find this old photo I had saved off of the old f1.com website.
It's from early 00s and I think the circuit is Silverstone or Suzuka. They are supposed to represent the
Schumacher brothers, Coulthard and Montoya. Freaky looking indeed.

monschu.jpg

Lewis already has the title in the bag. Anyone who thinks this championship is still wide open is merely fooling himself.

It's not in the bag until it's mathematically in the bag, and it ain't mathematically in the bag yet.

2 DNFs by Lewis and 2 wins by Vettel will leave them level pegging. Admittedly it's unlikely, but it's nevertheless a possibility, and given that it's a possibility, it means that it's not in the bag.

It's not in the bag until it's mathematically in the bag, and it ain't mathematically in the bag yet.

2 DNFs by Lewis and 2 wins by Vettel will leave them level pegging. Admittedly it's unlikely, but it's nevertheless a possibility, and given that it's a possibility, it means that it's not in the bag.

Come on, Ferrari have been nowhere since Germany and get outsmarted by Mercedes left and right. Meanwhile Sebastian is doing his absolute best to throw whatever remaining chances there are away. He has 4 titles under his belt, and yet does not seem to be smart enough a racer to let Lewis have the position in the second chicane at Monza. He had a superior car that day, he should've known better.

??

What does any of that have to do with my post?

It was a general post, I merely quoted you because the topic of when the title is to be decided popped up.

Look, I'm a Ferrari and Vettel fan, just because Vettel has some wit about him. Together with Ricciardo, he is an F1 driver that actually has some character. But Ferrari is getting outclassed by Mercedes, who have the inferior car compared to Ferrari. Vettel is making too many mistakes, and is taking much too many risks (ie Monza) for both Vettel and Ferrari to grab either title this year. I was kind of hoping this year we might finally have a new flavour of F1 at the end of the year, but Mercedes is playing the game better with worse cards, albeit that their cards are only slightly worse.

When Max had all the technical issues it was because of Max pushing the car over the limits, and now that Ricciardo has the problems.... It's definitely the car and not the driver.

The thing that really sucks is that how some people see it, I don't mind Max now since he's grown immensely over the past 6 months in racecraft. But it's honestly just luck keeping him ahead against Ricciardo atm. It's pretty clear that Red Bull likes to run the Renault engine past it's limit mechanically (Really cannot see any other reason why their engines have such bad reliability compared to Renault themselves) but Ricciardo has taken the brunt of it over this half of the season especially, I hope his move becomes a Hamilton story where he moves in the right team at the right time but realistically I don't really see it happening

I had to dig deep into my hard drive to find this old photo I had saved off of the old f1.com website.
It's from early 00s and I think the circuit is Silverstone or Suzuka. They are supposed to represent the
Schumacher brothers, Coulthard and Montoya. Freaky looking indeed.

View attachment 771093
LOL, looks like a cartoon F1 version of Mount Rushmore.

It's pretty clear that Red Bull likes to run the Renault engine past it's limit mechanically

They run a different fuel, supposedly a more powerful one, that may be part of the issue.

Really cannot see any other reason why their engines have such bad reliability compared to Renault themselves) but Ricciardo has taken the brunt of it over this half of the season especially,

I'm not sure either of those statements are largely true.

Come on, Ferrari have been nowhere since Germany and get outsmarted by Mercedes left and right. Meanwhile Sebastian is doing his absolute best to throw whatever remaining chances there are away. He has 4 titles under his belt, and yet does not seem to be smart enough a racer to let Lewis have the position in the second chicane at Monza. He had a superior car that day, he should've known better.

K.

Again just because you're going to call it doesn't make it a official. That's the point being made to you.

It was a general post, I merely quoted you because the topic of when the title is to be decided popped up.

Look, I'm a Ferrari and Vettel fan, just because Vettel has some wit about him. Together with Ricciardo, he is an F1 driver that actually has some character. But Ferrari is getting outclassed by Mercedes, who have the inferior car compared to Ferrari. Vettel is making too many mistakes, and is taking much too many risks (ie Monza) for both Vettel and Ferrari to grab either title this year. I was kind of hoping this year we might finally have a new flavour of F1 at the end of the year, but Mercedes is playing the game better with worse cards, albeit that their cards are only slightly worse.

Not sure what you being a fan of what or who has to do with the title still not being official to call.

Also how is the Mercedes inferior? It has been at times not optimal compared to the Ferrari, after the summer break it's easy to see that Mercedes has the best car and some of the tech advances since Spa have improved the car to a point it will probably not be matched for the rest of the season. I can agree that Mercedes seem like the more tactical group when it comes to team operation by far, but even they had issues this season.

Watching race build up, plus the McGregor fight, its 5.16am UK time and I haven't been to bed!

So it seems Hartley already has a ToroRosso contract for next year. He need to stay close or outperform Gasly and he will stay at TR.

Can’t stand Verstappen, how long until he learns? No doubt he’ll be informed of his penalty and it won’t be his fault

Think that will be a penalty for Max?
5 seconds

KMag, again, being a blundering idiot.
I don’t get it... Start of the year he was having a cracking time... but since the midpoint he’s totally fallen apart and seemingly can’t stop himself from making stupid moves.

Back