NUMBER
OF LAPS

CIRCUIT LENGTH
4.304 KM

RACE DISTANCE
305.354 KM

LAP RECORD
1:18.785 BY SEBASTIAN VETTEL (2017)

worth mentioning that the T1/2/3 complex has got brand new kerbs in place to stop people from cutting across it like Lewis famously did a few years ago

Always interesting to see which cars handle the altitude better than others. However we'll have to put up with another weekend of "If Lewis Hamilton _______, then he'll be world champion!" etc.

Always interesting to see which cars handle the altitude better than others. However we'll have to put up with another weekend of "If Lewis Hamilton _______, then he'll be world champion!" etc.
He needs 7th or higher regardless of where Vettel finishes. Even with a spin at the start and/or qualifying at the back he will likely get higher than than that.

So now it's Rich Energy Haas F1. Kinda sucks that the team that made itself from scratch isn't first in it's own name. Should be Rich Haas Energy F1 to combine the two.

Both RedBulls are indeed already very very fast in FP1 and FP2. Hypersofts only last about 8 laps and in lap 9-13 much slower? Multiple pitstops? This is going to be an interesting quali and race.

Edit: hmmm but then it ends with an engine failure in FP2 for Max....

Last edited:
So now it's Rich Energy Haas F1. Kinda sucks that the team that made itself from scratch isn't first in it's own name. Should be Rich Haas Energy F1 to combine the two.

I just hope the cars aren’t black and gold, that color combo has been played out.

Apparently they bailed on Williams for A cheaper deal with Haas.

Rich Haas Energy F1 wouldn’t make any sense. Haas have no involvement in Rich Energy, that name would imply that the energy drink company is Rich Haas. It would be like if you called Sauber, Alfa Sauber Romeo F1.

Hopefully this time it is not the same ol' story. Looking forward to quali later today

It’s really quite interesting how conservative Mercedes are being with their engines this weekend. I’m guessing they aren’t aiming for the win but a solid 3-4 where as Red Bull have been building up to Mexico for a while, taking penalties in previous races to gear up for it.

I’d like to see a proper fight for the win between the big three, but I get the feeling Mercedes are going to let them fight it out and see what falls into their lap..

It’s really quite interesting how conservative Mercedes are being with their engines this weekend. I’m guessing they aren’t aiming for the win but a solid 3-4 where as Red Bull have been building up to Mexico for a while, taking penalties in previous races to gear up for it.

I’d like to see a proper fight for the win between the big three, but I get the feeling Mercedes are going to let them fight it out and see what falls into their lap..
Also think so. For Merc P3/P4 is also enough. They probably don't want to run the risk to overheat their engine with powermode++.

Also think so. For Merc P3/P4 is also enough. They probably don't want to run the risk to overheat their engine with powermode++.
I guess the real question is how far Ferrari want to push their PU. They are in a strange position, kinda a no-Mans land, either they play it safe and loose, or go to the limit, and loose... Vettel was ragged in P2, but I’m not sure of the race pace...

I guess the altitude makes testing parts less efficient for development?

Scuderia Marlboro Ferrari
West McLaren Mercedes
Total B&H Jordan Peugeot
Mild Seven Benetton Formula

That's how it almost always has been.

Now watch how Hamilton turns on his partymode and drive half a second faster than anyone.

Now watch how Hamilton turns on his partymode and drive half a second faster than anyone.
Yep I'm afraid it will work out that way but still high hopes for the moment. Make it happen!

Edit: first attempt 1:14:785 WOW! fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Excellent performance Daniel & Max. So happy for Daniel after last week. He deserves it!
See how happy he is. So motivating that guy

Back