• 39 comments

kikie

I'm here
Premium
Belgium
in the land of stupidity
Starts at 22.09

Enjoy

Didn't know where to put this, so I created a new thread. I hope my search went well because I won't like it if this is already posted somewhere else. :P

Starts at 22.09

Enjoy

Didn't know where to put this, so I created a new thread. I hope my search went well because I won't like it if this is already posted somewhere else. :P

Are you something to do with the design of the chair?

Errata:
  • "or tracks at nearly a monthly rate" is misleading. There is just a single post-release DLC track: Nürburgring GP Track Pack
  • Benchmark and Sidewinder aren't really "free" tracks. You get an one-time-use token when buying the game new. Else you have to pay for this DLC.

i hate youtube now, it buffers like crazy.......

Errata:
  • "or tracks at nearly a monthly rate" is misleading. There is just a single post-release DLC track: Nürburgring GP Track Pack
  • Benchmark and Sidewinder aren't really "free" tracks. You get an one-time-use token when buying the game new. Else you have to pay for this DLC.

Its the same deal EA does and others have been doing. Buy new get a code for free content. Second hand you got to pay. So yeah, its not really free.

kikie !!!! Please change your avatar, i almost broke my monitor and spilled my drink. lol/

Last edited:
Somehow I feel the number given by the reviewer- Forza 3 has sold twice as many Forza 2- isn't quite right. If that was the case Forza 3 sales would be in the 8 million copies and the last time T10 released the number just after xmas it was at 2 million.

Somehow I feel the number given by the reviewer- Forza 3 has sold twice as many Forza 2- isn't quite right.

Dan himself says in the video that sales doubled with each release.

Now we need the most reliable number and can calculate...

That's just a working title for that Kinect thing if I remember correctly.
Whatever Forza 4 is or is going to be or is not going to be, I just wanted to say that it is mentioned.

Dan himself says in the video that sales doubled with each release.

Now we need the most reliable number and can calculate...

That's completely false. Forza Motorsport 2 achieved sales of 3 over million, whereas Forza 3 only sold 2 million copies. All this 🤬 from Turn 10 is getting beyond a joke now.

Somehow I feel the number given by the reviewer- Forza 3 has sold twice as many Forza 2- isn't quite right. If that was the case Forza 3 sales would be in the 8 million copies and the last time T10 released the number just after xmas it was at 2 million.

They are including the the games that are bundled with the system. Its a great way to boost "numbers". I am just assuming.

Even then it wouldn't be true, the game didn't sell 8 million times, bundles or not.
Otherwise there would've been a article about it somewhere.

That's completely false. Forza Motorsport 2 achieved sales of 3 over million, whereas Forza 3 only sold 2 million copies. All this 🤬 from Turn 10 is getting beyond a joke now.
Um....

FM sold 1.07 million.
FM2 sold 4 million.
FM3 (currently) has sold 2.84 million.

Mind you, this is most likely during the entire life cycle of each game, so, looking from one to two you're right it is bs (as the sales didn't double) they more then tripled.

Ah, what the heck are they talking about then, maybe they meant 8 million sold in the series. Its very easy to miss state something. Adding up your numbers its close to 8million.

Um....

FM sold 1.07 million.
FM2 sold 4 million.
FM3 (currently) has sold 2.84 million.

Mind you, this is most likely during the entire life cycle of each game, so, looking from one to two you're right it is bs (as the sales didn't double) they more then tripled.

Only the sales between Forza Motorsport and Forza 2 tripled. Greenawalt stated that sales doubled "with each release," not merely between the first two games. There is absolutely no way that Forza 3 will outsell its predecessor, save double its sales, and even if there was, passing presumptions like that off as fact is indecently arrogant in my opinion.

Ah, what the heck are they talking about then, maybe they meant 8 million sold in the series. Its very easy to miss state something. Adding up your numbers its close to 8million.

My guess is that they're simply lying, as they have done so often in the past.

Only the sales between Forza Motorsport and Forza 2 tripled. Greenawalt stated that sales doubled "with each release," not merely between the first two games. There is absolutely no way that Forza 3 will outsell its predecessor, save double its sales, and even if there was, passing presumptions like that off as fact is indecently arrogant in my opinion.

You mean like repeating something I just said, and assuming FM3 won't outsell 2? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So insideracing can't be trusted? Maybe Microsoft bribed insidesimracing and forced them to lie.

Unlikely, Inside sim just gave the information they were told, factual or not. If I where a told by sales figures by the games director, you probably would assume they are correct.

I watched the entire insidesim review, and they don't look like they are being bribed to say anything, infact they say they think they rated Forza3 a little too highly first time round. That's not indicative of reviewers who are being payed to sing its praises.

Unlikely, Inside sim just gave the information they were told, factual or not. If I where a told by sales figures by the games director, you probably would assume they are correct.

I watched the entire insidesim review, and they don't look like they are being bribed to say anything, infact they say they think they rated Forza3 a little too highly first time round. That's not indicative of reviewers who are being payed to sing its praises.
Sounds logically. Good to know. Thanks!

The way they put how many points each car pack was still makes me think it's a bit of an advert though...

So insideracing can't be trusted? Maybe Microsoft bribed insidesimracing and forced them to lie.

To be brutally honest, after the NeoGAF trolling incidents, fake screenshots and gameplay videos and deletion of anything but praise for the game on their forums, I wouldn't put it past them.

To be brutally honest, after the NeoGAF trolling incidents, fake screenshots and gameplay videos and deletion of anything but praise for the game on their forums, I wouldn't put it past them.

Someone has to explain that term that I've highlighted there.

Who's 'them'? Insidesimracing or Microsoft?

Who's 'them'? Insidesimracing or Microsoft?

He's most likely referring to Microsoft, Turn 10 in particular, to be even more particular - one person.

So now it's come to the point where one person is representative of the entire group at T10? Mind you, Che isn't even affiliated with them anymore, so not only is he beating a dead horse, he's also beating an imaginary horse (considering said "horse" isn't with them anymore). As far as the screenshots go, they're all in-game but most of them are either directly ported from the game (aka no compression) or, they're photo-stitched. Which is a work around for the compression issue (a long process, but a workaround nonetheless). It'd be nice if, for once, some research was done before you felt the need to bash a game that I quite frankly believe you don't even own.

Last edited:
No you really aren't being "brutally honest", you're just hating on forza and turn 10 like you always do. You even bash forza when nobody else has even brought it up.

"Forza Motorsport 3 is the most appalling excuse for a driving simulator I have ever had the misfortune to come across. Gran Turismo 5, on the other hand, is the most incredible driving simulator I've ever had the good fortune to come across."

Latest Posts

Back