forza 5 wheels

• Thread starter NoneEvo
  • 194 comments
Its pretty good when set at 360' rotation - there is a huge deadzone on 540' though which sucks as thats how I had my CSR-Elite set - but def very, very immersive. Oh and yes, the pedals suck but its not a deal breaker. I have the better rim on the way. I suspect that there will be a firmware update to address the deadzone issues though, but its been a blast so far.

So far I am so slow. About 5 sec behind what I used to do with the controller. My main trouble is the feel on the break pedal. It just need more time with it

Just connected my TX to the Xbox One. After calibration, the wheel is off about 10 degrees to the left. It will not centre. I enter Forza 5, navigate through the menus. Start a race, then it centers. BUT, when the race starts, its back to 10 degrees off to the left while driving. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: All efforts have failed. I tried the manual PC method, and the manual "Mode" button method while connected to the Xbox One. When I do the manual "Mode" button method, it does seem to center. When I start Forza, all is fine, still centered, but when driving starts, its off to the left again. I have also tried the 270, 360, etc. degree change configs. None of those keep the wheel centred while driving.

UPDATE #2: I contacted Thrustmaster. They sent me a link to a site to download the calibration software. I was racing in minutes! Worked like a charm. Great service TM. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just connected my TX to the Xbox One. After calibration, the wheel is off about 10 degrees to the left. It will not centre. I enter Forza 5, navigate through the menus. Start a race, then it centers. BUT, when the race starts, its back to 10 degrees off to the left while driving. Any thoughts?
You may need to do a manual calibration. There are steps posted in the turn 10 forza forum.

So far I am so slow. About 5 sec behind what I used to do with the controller. My main trouble is the feel on the break pedal. It just need more time with it
Hey Symtex, I'm surprised, I found the braking so much easier with the pedals compared to the triggers. What are your wheels settings in the options?

UPDATE: All efforts have failed. I tried the manual PC method, and the manual "Mode" button method while connected to the Xbox One. When I do the manual "Mode" button method, it does seem to center. When I start Forza, all is fine, still centered, but when driving starts, its off to the left again. I have also tried the 270, 360, etc. degree change configs. None of those keep the wheel centred while driving.

UPDATE #2: I contacted Thrustmaster. They sent me a link to a site to download the calibration software. I was racing in minutes! Worked like a charm. Great service TM. Thanks!

I'm having exactly the same problem as you Sailworksman is there any way I can get that manual calibration file ??

I'm having exactly the same problem as you Sailworksman is there any way I can get that manual calibration file ??

You can either call them. They will send you the link, or I may be able to send it to you. PM me.

Wheel just showed up, updated the firmware, hopped into forza, same problem, off center to the left by about 10 degrees or so.

Thanks sailworksman, called a couple of hours ago and they said they'd email me a link within 15 minutes, still nada. lol Something tells me the lady didn't get my email address correct.

Thanks sailworksman, called a couple of hours ago and they said they'd email me a link within 15 minutes, still nada. lol Something tells me the lady didn't get my email address correct.

Don't worry. Mine took several hours. About 4 I think.

I see gamestop has the TX in stock. Scared to buy with no ps3 support and questionable ps4 support. But I want a wheel so bad for forza 5. I have a g27 but I'd rather sell it and have one wheel for all. The delimima.

Well guys my wonderful wife got me the 458 GTE Rim and wow what a huge difference!!! I won't be running the stock rim anymore. Just the F1 and GTE Rims(the nicest of them all) . The GTE Rim is nearly all metal and weighs about 3-4 times as much as the stock rim. It just feels and looks so much better!!! Highly recommend it!!!!

It wouldn't happen to be version 1.03 calibration tool they sent you, would it?

Well guys I'm disappointed. I finally got the calibration tool on a zip file from them not a download like Sailworksman got so I was excited to finally got this thing straight. I calibrated the wheel like the procedure said and the software said calibration ok at the end. I put back the steering on. Unplugged it and tried it and it's exactly like it was :( I called them back waited 25 mins before I can speak to someone and they asked me to re-run the whole thing and take screenshot of the firmware version, calibration with the ok at the end, proof of purchase(why it was released 3 weeks ago) and a picture of the off centered wheel. After all this time I finally realized that my Friday afternoon was over and all they can say after the 3rd call plus another 18 mins on hold was they need to escalate the problem to a higher level and they're going to come back to me soon. Very bad :(

I've seen this company before but they have best price and free shipping on the TX but they aren't official reseller. Gamestop has the TX in stock at $399.99 plus shipping and that company has it for 348 shipped. They have sold 34. How they have that many sold and in stock and not a reseller is beyond me.

What would you do. Gamestop or Beach audio?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35cfd944af

My only concern really is warranty but would like to save money! Since I want an Obutto ozone too.

Khyber, go to Beach Audio's site. I ordered mine there and it was cheaper than they have it on ebay, with free shipping.

Back