forza 5 wheels

• Thread starter NoneEvo
  • 194 comments
You can use the buttons to look around while playing . I agree the force feedback on X360 was not good but I did use my GT2 for Gran Turismo and that was certainly better than Fm4. But the TX in FM5 is certainly better than the GT2 on PS3. Smoother, stronger and more immersive IMO.

At Trustmaster TX strong effects shock vibration? My Fanatec gt2 vibration in the game is very weak, even DFGT in GT5 is better.

Guys saw this posted on another forum. I tested it myself today and it works perfectly on the TX wheel. You can change the degrees of rotation on the TX wheel(much like you can with the T500) You simple press the left direction on your direction pad(on the stock TX wheel thats the Red Engine Start Button) and then the Mode button at the same time. Release them at the same time and you will progress to the next rotation value. The Mode light will blink a number of times to signify what rotation mode your in. Here is the biink key:

1 blink 270 deg

2 blinks 360 deg

3 blinks 540 deg

4 blinks 720 deg

5 blinks 900 deg

I was using this earlier and it really came in handly when racing online and using different car classes!!! Hope its of use to you guys...

Woot! My Thrustmaster TX has been dispatched from gamseek today. Should have it early next week. Also a guy over at .net in the TX thread is going to try and make an adapter board so that CSP's can be used with the TX. He said he's not interested in producing them to sell but will make details available so that someone can.

Woot! My Thrustmaster TX has been dispatched from gamseek today. Should have it early next week. Also a guy over at .net in the TX thread is going to try and make an adapter board so that CSP's can be used with the TX. He said he's not interested in producing them to sell but will make details available so that someone can.
Just an update on this guys. Looks like basherman is considering producing an adapter to enable the use of CSP's. So head over to .net find the TX thread and show your support if you would consider buying an adapter.

Just an update on this guys. Looks like basherman is considering producing an adapter to enable the use of CSP's. So head over to .net find the TX thread and show your support if you would consider buying an adapter.

I have been using my T500 pedals with the load sensor mod with the TX wheel.
It works really well.

Although, being able to use the CSP's would mean no need to reconfigure either rig when swapping between FM5 and GT6.

What we really need is to get a gated shifter on the XBone soon.

Last edited:
My TX arrived today. One word....awesome.

It's like a whole new game. Braking is so much easier, those uncatchable slides are a thing of the past. Pedals aren't even as bad as I feared. It'll make me quicker and so much more consistent.

It's like a whole new game. Braking is so much easier, those uncatchable slides are a thing of the past. Pedals aren't even as bad as I feared. It'll make me quicker and so much more consistent.

You welcome to try and beat some of my times on the leaderboard.

You welcome to try and beat some of my times on the leaderboard.
What's your gamertag and I'll add you?

I have been using my T500 pedals with the load sensor mod with the TX wheel.
It works really well.

Although, being able to use the CSP's would mean no need to reconfigure either rig when swapping between FM5 and GT6.

What we really need is to get a gated shifter on the XBone soon.
A T500 is very tempting as I race PC, Xbone and PS3/4. Last gen I had my CSR elite so was able to use one wheel for all games. This gen the best solution I can come up with is a TX and T500, meaning I only need to swap the wheel out when changing platform.

Glad to hear it's all working well. It definitely helped my times a bunch!

Glad to hear it's all working well. It definitely helped my times a bunch!

The bottom line though as good great as the TX is, it is no T500. The steering wheel itself has very little weight to it and feels toy-like. Why did they insist on scaling the wheel down? While the T500 rim does work on the TX base, without an shifter available at this stage, it is a pointless exercise.

I would love to know why TM chickened out of making a full-bore T500-like wheel for the XBone.

At times the TX feels a little like the G25/7 with the 'wobbly driving on a severe road crown' oscillation. Much milder than a G25/7, but still not as smooth and powerful as the T500.

But t the end of the day, it is still the best Xbox wheel that has ever been tied to a Forza game - I would go so far as to say it is even better than the Fanatec GT2. But considering the GT2 is the best XBox360 compatible wheel and FM4 is still such a blast, I am obliged to keep all 3 setups :)

The bottom line though as good great as the TX is, it is no T500. The steering wheel itself has very little weight to it and feels toy-like. Why did they insist on scaling the wheel down? While the T500 rim does work on the TX base, without an shifter available at this stage, it is a pointless exercise.

I would love to know why TM chickened out of making a full-bore T500-like wheel for the XBone.

At times the TX feels a little like the G25/7 with the 'wobbly driving on a severe road crown' oscillation. Much milder than a G25/7, but still not as smooth and powerful as the T500.

But t the end of the day, it is still the best Xbox wheel that has ever been tied to a Forza game - I would go so far as to say it is even better than the Fanatec GT2. But considering the GT2 is the best XBox360 compatible wheel and FM4 is still such a blast, I am obliged to keep all 3 setups :)

Yeah I'm using the F1 Rim the most and an ordering the GTE Rim(which I hear makes it more T500 like). But certainly agree the stock TX Rim is the weak point.

Yeah I'm using the F1 Rim the most and an ordering the GTE Rim(which I hear makes it more T500 like). But certainly agree the stock TX Rim is the weak point.

Hmm - what is this GTE Rim of which you speak???

Sounds interesting.

Well Pzr Slim. You are one fast sob on Lemans C500 class but I finally tweak a tune and shave up 2sec off your time.
lol, I haven't really done any hot lapping to speak off. The only real time I have set is B Class @ Spa as that was the first hot lap challenge we ran over at forzamotorsport.co.uk . Give that a go.

lol, I haven't really done any hot lapping to speak off. The only real time I have set is B Class @ Spa as that was the first hot lap challenge we ran over at forzamotorsport.co.uk . Give that a go.

Spa in my Achilles heals. I am driving the **** out of my car and I can't get anywhere close to you by a large margin. It's not the case on other tracks.

A little project I just completed while watching Fast and Furious 6 tonight....had some spare 3m Di Noc Carbon from another project. Came out really nice. Pictures don't do it justice. Also changed the feel quite a bit as the Di Noc actually has a layer of real Carbon in it so it has a nice feel.

20131213_225056.jpg

20131213_194010.jpg

I put my CSR Wheel/Pedals up for sale this morning and ordered the TX wheel.
Yeah, I just sold my CSR/Elite Pedals a few days ago, unfortunately not to get a TX wheel though. I have a lower back issue that is irritated when using a wheel and pedals setup for any length of time.

I am barely average with a controller. I sure wish the control in FM (w/controller) was as good as Assetto Cars. They have done a fantastic job with their controller support (Xbox 360), it really allows you to throw the cars around without undue "twitchyness" - the best I have ever experienced. I doubt that T10 could/would tweak their controller support at this point.

Using a controller is the only thing preventing me from really enjoying FM but that's not FM's fault, it's mine (thumb steering sucks). Now if someone would come out with an alternative racing controller solution, for those not wanting to buy a full wheel and pedals setup (or can't use!), that would sweeten the experience immensely.
(SRW-S1 is one solution that works great as an alternative on the PC, very precise steering control)

My TX turned up Thursday, and it's so nice to finally be able to play FM5 with a wheel!

I really couldn't on with the pedals (I also have a CSR with Clubsport Pedals), so thanks to all the guys on FM.NET that shared their findings on how the Clubsports and TX Pedals work, I knocked up a quick CSP to TX Wheel pedal adapter! (I have loads of dev boards as I develop software for a living)

I actually think the wheel is a step up in someways to a CSR (Slightly smoother, stronger FFB), and with the CSPs it really seems to work well for me!

When MrBasher on FM.NET gets his converter box made, I'd highly recommend getting one, as the CSPs allow a much smoother throttle/brake response and the brake rumble works great too, even if you have to fake it from the brake pedal value..

Spa in my Achilles heals. I am driving the **** out of my car and I can't get anywhere close to you by a large margin. It's not the case on other tracks.
Taking the raidillon without lifting too much so you can carry as much exit speed as possible onto the next straight is key to a francorchamps lap! :cheers:

That's where the virtual men get divided from the virtual boys! (sounds tough ainnit?) :dopey:

Taking the raidillon without lifting too much so you can carry as much exit speed as possible onto the next straight is key to a francorchamps lap! :cheers:

That's where the virtual men get divided from the virtual boys! (sounds tough ainnit?) :dopey:

My issue is not with the raidillon but I think its with carrying speed in the Courbe Paul Frere toward the blanchimont.

My issue is not with the raidillon but I think its with carrying speed in the Courbe Paul Frere toward the blanchimont.
Then it would be Blanchimont itself i think that would cause your timeloss, as the section before it is just about putting the pedal down. You manage to take Blanchimont without lifting? If yes i have run out of tips :D

Then it would be Blanchimont itself i think that would cause your timeloss, as the section before it is just about putting the pedal down. You manage to take Blanchimont without lifting? If yes i have run out of tips :D
I will capture some laps. There is room for improvement

So the GTE wheel just turned up at work for my TX. First impressions are, wow, it's a big improvement on the original tx wheel. Much more weight and a really solid feel. Can't wait to try it out.

Back