5. Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R '01
6. Gran Turismo 350Z RS
7. Me
8. Ruf CTR2 '96
9. Stage II R32
10. Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00
11. Carbon R (R34) '04
12. G37

This is an attractive looking starting grid. Do your notes mention how far in after a console reset?

Respectfully,
Steve

Believe it or not, this was the first grid that came up. I was expecting to go for grid #9 but this saved me some time. PS3 had been off before I started. Is this the usual grid #24?

@s2k2k3 - that gives me hope. :D One day I'll give one a run out, it's just that a few people have run them here and I like to look at the less obvious options.

Believe it or not, this was the first grid that came up. I was expecting to go for grid #9 but this saved me some time. PS3 had been off before I started. Is this the usual grid #24?

You found one that is not in the usual first 24. #24 features a CTR2 and a CT230R as the rabbits.

Respectfully,
Steve

Hi guys!

I just started my first 4hr race with slightly limited NSX RM. I tuned it down to 290hp and added 100kg to the front to achieve the perfect 50-50 balance. PP is somewhere between 490-480 and I'm using racing mediums all around. I'm posting the accurate stats once I get home.

I'm running 3lap strategy and I'm now on lap 6 in 5th place. The fastest cars in the race are the s2000 04', TT and the HKS. I'm not sure if I'm gonna win the race, but I'm doing it just for fun. I use interior view and clutch+manual tranny. No aids.

I noticed that my camber seems to be killing the tyre wear. 3.5 + 2.0 was the stock so I left it there. The car feels nice and the RM tyres are just enough for 3 good laps.

I'm posting the accurate info once I get home, but I'm just wondering if I'm the first one using the NSX RM. IMO it's the perfect car for the event. The GranTurismo decal in the windshield gives you the nurb enduro 'feel'. :)

I just started my first 4hr race with slightly limited NSX RM. I tuned it down to 290hp and added 100kg to the front to achieve the perfect 50-50 balance...

I'm running 3lap strategy...

I noticed that my camber seems to be killing the tyre wear. 3.5 + 2.0 was the stock so I left it there. The car feels nice and the RM tyres are just enough for 3 good laps...
Hi Temetias, and welcome to the N4 forum!

Since the 2.02 update, we are all having to recalibrate tire wear and race strategy, so your experience with the NSX RM is an important data point. A strong 3 lap stint on RMs for such a powerful car seems like a good achievement. Is it your fronts that are wearing out faster? Some tuners think that reducing camber and toe to minimal levels will help tire wear. There is, or used to be, a theory that moving ballast weight away from the end of the car that has the most tire wear is the correct procedure. But if the car is understeering, it is likely the fronts will go first; if oversteering, usually the rears wear out faster.

Keep up the good work - we are looking forward to your race report.

Respectfully,
Steve

Last edited:
Hi Temetias, and welcome to the N4 forum!

Since the 2.02 update, we are all having to recalibrate tire wear and race strategy, so your experience with the NSX RM is an important data point. A strong 3 lap stint on RMs for such a powerful car seems like a good achievement. Is it your fronts that are wearing out faster? Some tuners think that reducing camber and toe to minimal levels will help tire wear. There is, or used to be, a theory that moving ballast weight away from the end of the car that has the most tire wear is the correct procedure. But if the car is understeering, it is likely the fronts will go first; if oversteering, usually the rears wear out faster.

Keep up the good work - we are looking forward to your race report.

Respectfully,
Steve

Yup, it's the fronts that are giving up first. I hoped for a good tyre wear balance with the ballast, but I'm running max front downforce so that might also effect it. But that's kinda good 'cause losing rears first could've been more difficult to control. Now I'm just getting slight understeer in the corner just before dottinger-straight before I'm pitting in.

Long time no play.

I didn't know the AI behavior had been changed..:dunce:

I just grabbed my RUF RGT a few hours ago and did a chassis + engine overhaul and started the race thinking 'just a bit fun for a few laps and that's it'.

It's at 511PP I think.. 410hp/1330kg.. on sport hard.

I've saved the game now, I've done 7 laps and I'm at my 2nd pitstop. I didn't write down my exact opponents but there's the AEM S2k and the usual bunch of 350Z's including the 'fast' silver/grey one..don't remember the name really.

Anyway, it's fun ! Much more fun then it used to be I think. The cars are closer together and I have to drive pretty hard to keep my position. Best lap so far is 9:07.708. 3 laps is about the max with this car and sport hard. I've tried a 4lap stint but the only thing you get is oversteer on the 4th lap.

I'll keep you updated.

My first choice for this EPIC race was a stock GT-R Spec V. After a lap I was nowhere near the S2000 GT1 Turbo. So instead I opted for my favourite car in the game....my tuned R34 Skyline GT-R. I won by about 16-20 seconds over a HTS CT230R...YEAAAHHHH!!!

Just done this brilliant race after having a thought, Instead of challenging it first with a worse car than the AI, why not just attempt it first in a similar car:idea:. My weapon of choice was a brand new premium Mine's Skyline. It's AWD and has 590 bhp so my main Only rival was the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo:nervous:.

It was a really close race that was left to the final hour where my pit strategy left the amuse 40 seconds in the dust. (The amuse now has a 2 lap pit). I completed 28 laps which took 4:08:39:--- and I had covered 424 miles!

I only have the 24H Nurb left to do in A-spec so I though I do the 4 hours as many times as needed (to get to level 40 from level 37) as a way of practice (and to try out different cars).

First up is the Autobacks Arta Garaiya '08

Tuning: NONE
Power: 324BHP
Weight: 1175Kg
PP:514
Best lap: 8:45
Strategy: 3 lap stints

Race Summary
The car has a top speed of 260KPH. This is only achieved when drafting. Without drafting it tops out at 249 ish on a flat straight. In most of the straights on the ring (except for the final one) it runs out of puff at 225KPH.
This means that on the final straight you loose between 4-6 seconds against most of the other cars in the field.

I tried doing 4 lap stints at first but on the 4th lap the car was too hard to control for my taste. I had never driven it before which added to the challenge. Spinning off at least once per lap ensured I pitted 37 seconds behind the leader on lap 4.

Switching to a 3 lap strategy made things a lot easier as did keeping calm and slowly working my way through the positions. Averaging 8:53 per lap ensured I was about 2-3 seconds faster than the leader. Stopping every 3 laps meant putting only 39 litres of fuel per stop which made the stops quicker than the competition's (about 40 seconds).

I still managed to mow the grass or spin every 4-5 laps which would undo the gains of 2 laps or a whole stint but by lap 19 I got into a groove and started averaging 9:28 on the in lap, 8:46 on the hot lap and 8:52 on the out lap.

At the end of the race the lead was 1:36. Second place was one of the tricked out S2000s

I've been looking forward to trying this race for a long time. I've been playing GT5 since it came out and have 1200 cars, but still usually have been using driving line. I was going to use this race to teach myself the ring once and for all with no line.

I wound up choosing the Mercedes McLaren (19 inch option) and tuned it to about 580PP. I bought all the types of tires I would ever need in case I was doing too well or too badly.

After 1 lap on R/M I was in 1st with a time of about 9:24 and was thinking this would be too easy (but I needn't have worried). Very early in lap 2 the Audi R8 blew past me. I touched the grass at one point and fishtailed, and had another bad spin too. Now all of the sudden I was in 10th, and my tires were fading fast. I nursed it into the pits and figured I would switch to R/H so I could last 3 laps each time.

Soon after that it really fell apart, as usually when I drove the Ring before I was on fresh tires, and I had the breaking points almost down for R/M but for R/H I kept hitting the walls and grass. (Of course this got even worse when those tires wore down.) For a few laps I hung around 11th, but was even struggling to get 3 laps on R/H. I figured I would switch back to R/M and just drive all out. I did a pretty good lap for me, about 10 minutes including the refueling. But when I tried to get a 2nd lap out of those R/M, they didn't make it.

So after skidding around the last 3rd of the track, being lapped by the 2nd place car, and no sign of 12th place, I quit. I was about 2 hours in.

I learned a lot about driving the ring with no racing lines in those 2 hours, but the tire wear is a killer. (I am using DS3 of course.)

I will try again soon, and I am sure I could win with an overpowered car, but I would rather fight it out in something under 600pp. Are there cars that are recommended for not using up their tires, even for someone that shreds them as hard as I do?

@elric718: I would go for something lighter or a race car with some downforce. Unless you're a real tuner then any road car over 1400-1500kgs will kill it's tyres. If you check out the cars used in this thread (post 2.03 update when the physics changed) then you'll see that the most successful runs use lighter machinery which are easier on the tyres. The RX-7 TC or GT-R R35 TC from the first DLC are good places to start - easy to drive, plenty of power and very forgiving when things go a bit wrong.

I would also consider choosing a grid that does not include the Audi LMS or S2000 GTi Turbo as they both run considerably quicker than the rest of the field. Try cycling through to grid #9 and running one of the opposition cars will also help. I personally like the G37 on RM tyres which helped me to get more consistent and learn my limits. Then you can slowly bring the PP levels down and experiment with tyres before running road cars and/or taking on the Audi LMS.

Hope this helps. :D

Last edited:
I ran the race twice now in the last 2 days. Both times I used a stock Impreza TC. All aids bar abs set to 1. I won the first one by a glitch when I actually came second, and then won the second one by nearly a lap. The Impreza is just slightly too fast, combined with my consistency on the ring. With a fastest lap of 8:34:xxx it was miles ahead of the opposition on the last race. I made the mistake of racing for a good hour, realizing that I was too fast, but didnt want to waste that hour of racing, so I kept going. I really need to get the right grid, and race a slower car. Maybe a Lotus Elise. The ISF has similar PP to the Impreza, but is a little slower, this may do the job. Not today though, or I'll be be dreaming the ring tonight.

Well I couldn't stay away. I had to try out the Arta Garaiya. (I think that is how you spell it). At first I thought I had found the perfect car to make the race the challenge I wanted it to be. I was following the RUF for a lap and a half, seeing him but unable to catch him. It was the first time I had raced in this car. This was a problem, as one lap later after getting the feel for the car I was pulling away, and requiring far less pitstops as the Arta was preserving the tyres well. So I then decided to exit and purchase some sports tyres. I decided to run sports medium. And alas, with the right grid, I believe I have found Nurb bliss. Three laps in and I'm in second place with a line of cars behind me. The leader in the RUF pulls away at times if I'm not hitting my lines consistantly but I can keep him in my sights easily enough. This seems to be the perfect balance for me. Consistancy will be the key as there is no room for mistakes. The only thing is I will have to force pits when not required as this car is just far too easy on the tyres.

Last edited:
I've just had a sudden moment of insanity. How about using the CTR "Yellow Bird" for 4 Hours? I've never actually tried it but I hear it's hard to drive. For 4 Hours my muscles may collapse, but I'm willing to try it as soon as I find one in the UCD and have enough after trying with the Alfa and the BTR. Hoping to try with the Alfa sometime this week. :)

I picked one up today. It isn't as wild as I thought it would be, apart from it sliding in every corner, but there is a reason why the AI pits with it every 3 laps. :lol:

How is it for fuel? If it is efficient I may just use one if I can "tame" it, for a laugh at least. ;)

Can't decide on the next car I'll attempt this with. It'll either be:
Top Performance Tuning's Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 (253BHP/369kg) with RS Tyres, averaging 9:00 flying laps.
RUF CTR "YellowBird" (not tested as I don't yet own one, still waiting. :grumpy:)
Some kind of Tuned ~200BHP, 410PP car, hopefully breaking or near breaking a thread record.
An overkill car with Comfort Mediums, with as little BHP/weight/PP as possible, to break the tyre record.

In other words, I'm looking for a car that can either break a record or give an interesting race/drive for 4 Hours. Any ideas?

I see it's been thought of, but there isn't a YellowBird on the leaderboard.

So I looked in my garage, three "Tweety's" to choose from...422-462hp, 500-527pp. So I took the 422hp/500pp and did a little tuning, down to 95%, then completely undid that with an oil change :( Ballast already set, 50kg @ -200, grabbed a tune from Adrenaline, bought a full complement of tires (already had sports hards and race hards/softs, bought RMs, SMs, SSs) so...to the track...

A three laps of testing in my lounge, an out lap, a 9:12 and a 9:24 on race hards at 434hp (@95%)/505pp. No power adders or additional weight reductions outside of the way it came (yet).

On the leaderboard, top HP used is 637, top PP used is 586, so I think I can squeeze it in under those somewhere (avoiding the GT1 and R8, of course).

Looks like RHs can go 3, but might need RMs to be able to maintain the pace required. Need to test both those and RSs.

It isn't going to be easy, and it's not going to happen this week, even when I get to the right hp/pp combo, but I ran the 1000km @ Suzuka in the rain in a ZR1 RM, so I might just be crazy enough to do it.

I only have the 24H Nurb left to do in A-spec so I though I do the 4 hours as many times as needed (to get to level 40 from level 37) as a way of practice (and to try out different cars).

First up is the Autobacks Arta Garaiya '08

Tuning: NONE
Power: 324BHP
Weight: 1175Kg
PP:514
Best lap: 8:45
Strategy: 3 lap stints

Race Summary
The car has a top speed of 260KPH. This is only achieved when drafting. Without drafting it tops out at 249 ish on a flat straight. In most of the straights on the ring (except for the final one) it runs out of puff at 225KPH.
This means that on the final straight you loose between 4-6 seconds against most of the other cars in the field.

I tried doing 4 lap stints at first but on the 4th lap the car was too hard to control for my taste. I had never driven it before which added to the challenge. Spinning off at least once per lap ensured I pitted 37 seconds behind the leader on lap 4.

Switching to a 3 lap strategy made things a lot easier as did keeping calm and slowly working my way through the positions. Averaging 8:53 per lap ensured I was about 2-3 seconds faster than the leader. Stopping every 3 laps meant putting only 39 litres of fuel per stop which made the stops quicker than the competition's (about 40 seconds).

I still managed to mow the grass or spin every 4-5 laps which would undo the gains of 2 laps or a whole stint but by lap 19 I got into a groove and started averaging 9:28 on the in lap, 8:46 on the hot lap and 8:52 on the out lap.

At the end of the race the lead was 1:36. Second place was one of the tricked out S2000s

Hi, what tyres are you running? And what assists if any? I find if I pit with them it keeps the race more enjoyable as pitting when I need to gives me an unfair advantage.

Kind regards.

I see it's been thought of, but there isn't a YellowBird on the leaderboard.

So I looked in my garage, three "Tweety's" to choose from...422-462hp, 500-527pp. So I took the 422hp/500pp and did a little tuning, down to 95%, then completely undid that with an oil change :( Ballast already set, 50kg @ -200, grabbed a tune from Adrenaline, bought a full complement of tires (already had sports hards and race hards/softs, bought RMs, SMs, SSs) so...to the track...

A three laps of testing in my lounge, an out lap, a 9:12 and a 9:24 on race hards at 434hp (@95%)/505pp. No power adders or additional weight reductions outside of the way it came (yet).

On the leaderboard, top HP used is 637, top PP used is 586, so I think I can squeeze it in under those somewhere (avoiding the GT1 and R8, of course).

Looks like RHs can go 3, but might need RMs to be able to maintain the pace required. Need to test both those and RSs.

It isn't going to be easy, and it's not going to happen this week, even when I get to the right hp/pp combo, but I ran the 1000km @ Suzuka in the rain in a ZR1 RM, so I might just be crazy enough to do it.
Good luck, crazy one! Hope you can control that beast. :scared:

The B-Spec Nurburgring 4 Hour Challenge.

Clearly, I am either mad, insane, or both.

I decided I would use a NASCAR to attempt the Nurburgring 4 Hours, in B-Spec, to track AI patterns. Seems im a little mad already.

So. After alot of fine tuning so that the car works on the Nurburgring, the car ends up with about 820BHP, weighs 1.8 tonnes, and looks, well, the same if im honest.

Car: Ford 2011 AJ Allmendinger #43 Fusion
Tune: End Sport
PP: 642

Drivers:
T. Savage - Class 32
E. De La Fuente - Class 28
C. Magnani - Class 27
R. Ferrari - Class 27

Opposition
IMG_2119.jpg

Race Start

NrburgringTypeV.jpg

Accelerating away from the start.

NrburgringTypeV_1.jpg

FT565 pulls away quite rapidly.

NrburgringTypeV_2.jpg

Savage at the race start

Lap 1: 8:53.093 - After getting stuck for the first 10 corners, eventually get past the FT565 and cruise to a 29 second lead at the end of lap 1. Pit for RH, no fuel, rejoin 4 seconds ahead. Fastest lap of the race.

NrburgringTypeV_3.jpg

Forced out wide by the BNR34 GT-R V-Spec

NrburgringTypeV_4.jpg

Overtaking the S2K GT1.

NrburgringTypeV_5.jpg

From another angle.

NrburgringTypeV_6.jpg

Onto the Nordschliefe for the first time.

Lap 2: 9:17.925 - Massive spin out into gravel trap after Flugplatz. Pit again along with S2K GT1 and Nismo Z33. Rejoin 12 seconds ahead of FT565, change Savage to De La Fuente, no fuel, RH tyres.

NrburgringTypeV_7.jpg

The actual spin out. Not pretty at 125mph.

NrburgringTypeV_8.jpg

My first pitstop.

NrburgringTypeV_9.jpg

S2K GT1's first pitstop, with the Nismo Z33 coming in behind.

NrburgringTypeV_10.jpg

The battle of the Tuners..

NrburgringTypeV_11.jpg

The FT565. Last time I saw it during the race.

Lap 3: 9:28.506 - De La Fuente decides to stay out. 27 litres of fuel left, 3/4 tyres. Uneventful lap.

Lap 4: 9:33.846 - Tyres 1/4, 12 litres of fuel left by 2nd Karrusell. Pit in and change to RH, refuel to 100 litres and change De La Fuente to Magnani. FT565's tyres are shot and is re-overtaken by the S2K GT1. CT230R and midfield pit as per norm. Emerge from pit fully fuelled 17 seconds clear of S2K GT1. FT565 emerges 2:30 behind in 5th, with midfield cars following behind.

Lap 5: 10:31.072 - To my delight the S2K GT1 starts to fall behind again and decides to pit in. Pull out 17 second lead in first 7 sectors. 380RS Super Leggera & FT565 duel fiercely for most of the lap. By Bergwerk my tyres amazingly look new, impressive for a 1.9 tonne car :D Also noticed the ass of the car is dented from the spin on Lap 2. Magnani stays out, seems the relaxed AI prefers a 2 lap strategy. Gap stands at +1:20.534

Lap 6: 9:31.023 - S2K GT1 rejoins in 5th, behind the battling Nismo Z33, FT565 & 380RS Super Leggera. Uneventful remainder to the lap, S2K GT1 overtakes 380RS Super Leggera, and that's about it to be honest. I pit in again 00:57:30 into the race. Change from Magnani to Ferrari, RH tyres, and I'm away again.

Lap 7: 9:46.300 - For whatever reason I now have a strange urge to buy an FT565. No clue why. I notice my pace has changed over Flugplatz; was 121mph, now 96mph, explains why the tyres are lasting so long. FT565 retakes 2nd place, followed by the closing in S2K GT1.
*toilet break*
S2K GT1 takes 2nd place as the First hour ends:

Positions as of 1 Hour, Lap 7:
1st - Myself
2nd - Amuse S2000 GT1
3rd - 2007 HPA Motorsports FT565 Twin Turbo
4th - Nismo Fairlady Z (Z33)
5th - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32
6th - HKS CT230R
7th - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec
8th - Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera
9th - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N-Spec V
10th - Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune (R33)
11th - Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R
12th - Nismo 400R

Rest of the lap was uneventful, bar a duel between the 380RS and the BNR34 V-Spec.

Lap 8: 9:35.432 - Lead over the S2K GT1 is the size of the GP/D circuit, or about 1:30. By half way around the lap, I realise the top 4 cars will all pit. Meaning that even though I have to refuel, I will maintain a healthy lead. Despite the fact the S2K GT1 was lapping in 9:40.xxx, and I was 9:46.300. By the time I pit the S2K GT1 is just rounding Dottinger-Hohe, with the FT565 on shot tyres 12 seconds behind him. Ferrari changes for Savage, race continues as per norm. Nismo Z33 overtakes FT565 at final corner.

Lap 9: 10:24.952 - FT565 has dropped to 6th after pitting. S2K GT1 emerges into a battle with the non-pitting 380RS. After calculating distance, lead is about 1/5 of a lap. CT230R dies half way round, letting the FT565 past in the progress. 380RS's tyres also die and falls behind, into the grasp of the Nismo Z33. The Gran Turismo GT-R and the 400R meanwhile at the back have stayed 15-25 seconds apart for 5 laps now. At 01:27.xxx, I finally pass onto my 10th lap. Seems a NASCAR may win, unless something strange happens. 380RS and the CT230R pit, eventually.

IMG_2118.jpg

Random photo I took proving I was actually using the #43 Fusion.

Lap 10: 9:29.682 - 01:30 mins into the race now. Best B-Spec race I have done so far. Very uneventful lap now that the field has spread out. Pit in, change from Savage to De La Fuente, RH tyres, no fuel, nothing unusual.

Lap 11: 9:48.199 - S2K GT1 is in 2nd, +1:56.536, FT565 is 3rd, +2:34.135. However, the S2K GT1 pits in at the end of the lap, diminishing that lead rapidly. Once again, dull lap, only thing to note is that 3rd, 4th & 5th are all 10 secs apart, and none are pitting. I fear this race will probably become pretty abysmal from now on. Shame really. The Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R is in 11th, +6:59.662, and the 400R is in 12th, +7:29.195. Should be lapping them in the next 7laps or so. Fairly relaxed lap by De La Fuente overrall, although the sight of the bruised ass from lap 2 is driving me nuts.

Lap 12: 9:32.429 - S2K GT1 pits. Very large lead now. Seriously considering racing my Gold Chrome S2K GT1 here also. The FT565 sneaks past while it's in the pits, and the Nismo Z33 just sneaks past. Could be an interesting battle for 3rd. Lead over the FT565 has increased to +2:38.847. The FT565's smugness is short-lived, however. It, and the Nismo Z33, both relinquish position to the S2K GT1, on fresher tyres. Mind you, it took the S2K GT1 the whole lap before they gave up. Not a bad effort. To watch the battle was probably the best action I'd seen since Lap 2. Seems I am a fan of lap 2. Heh. Anyway, I make my Fuel stop, another set of RH, and De La Fuente switches for Magnani's 2nd stint. The FT565 and Nismo Z33 pit, and we pass the half-way mark, 2 hours in.

Positions as of Half Distance, 2 Hours, 12 Laps completed:
1st - Myself
2nd - Amuse S2000 GT1
3rd - Nismo Fairlady Z (Z33)
4th - 2007 HPA Motorsports FT565 Twin Turbo
5th - Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera
6th - HKS CT230R
7th - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32
8th - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec
12th - Nismo 400R

Not that much of a difference, to be honest.

Lap 13: 10:26.370 - I order Magnani to speed up a little. Hopefully won't damage the tyres too much. Nothing else happens anywhere, the 400R however, did seem to have a fairly long pitstop. Only 20 seconds behind lapping my first car now :D

Lap 14: 9.28.918 - Lead over the S2K GT1 is now at +2:02.988. I go for a food break, so I missed the remainder of the lap. Judging by the positions, the midfield did seem to pit, however. Quick check said my lead was +2:34.442.

Lap 15: 10:05.491 - I have no idea what happened on this lap, as I was too busy eating. All I know is that Ferrari was on his 1st lap of his 2nd stint. Oh, and I also lapped the 400R at last on the back straight, apparently.

Lap 16: 9:32.702 - When I return I am happy to find that I have a +2:50.860 lead over the S2K GT1. As I have seemingly run away with it, there seems to only be the battle for 2nd, between the S2K GT1, Nismo Z33 & the FT565. But the battle for 5th is a heated exchange of blows between the 380RS, BNR34 GT-R V-Spec, CT230R and the Stage II R32. Also, I lapped the Gran Turismo GT-R just before Dottinger-Hohe, albeit I pit and change from Ferrari to Savage, for his 3rd and final stint. No fuel, just RH's again.

Lap 17: 9:40.488 - S2K has run away with 2nd place. It had a 20 second lead over the Nismo Z33, which with the FT565, pitted in again. I also quite quickly re-lap the Gran Turismo GT-R. The 380RS has also pulled away, leaving the other 3 to squabble over 6th place. Later on in the lap, I realise the S2K GT1 is +3:00.244. Last places car that isn't lapped in the BNR34 N-Spec V in 10th, +8:27.184. Lap remained quiet for me after that.
400R briefly rose to 11th while overtaking the Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R, but lost it while it was in its box.

Lap 18: 9:23.137 - Just noticed the 400R and Gran Turismo GT-R will be lapped by the S2K GT1 on about Lap 22. 1:11 mins left, by the way. Once again, uneventful. Savage's work is now done. Changes to De La Fuente for his third and final stint. RH tyres, refuel, and away to the 3/4 distance mark we go. S2K GT1 and Nismo Z33 were trading blows up to Dottinger-Hohe, but the Z33 pitted. The S2K GT1'sead is restored. S2K GT1 crossed the line +4:10.055, Nismo Z33 in +4:12.201, and the FT565, which is now alone in 4th place, in +4:58.236.

Lap 19: 10:25.701 - Decided I want my drivers to go slightly harder in the final sectors, so I can get hopefully back into the 8:xx.xxx by the end of the race. Car looks tired by this point. Once the Nismo Z33 exits the pits, we pass the 3/4 distance mark. 1 hour to go.

Positions as of 3 hours of distance, 18 laps completed:

1st - Myself
2nd - Amuse S2000 GT1
3rd - Nismo Fairlady Z (Z33)
4th - 2007 HPA Motorsports FT565 Twin Turbo
5th - HKS CT230R
6th - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32
7th - Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera
8th - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec
12th - Nismo 400R

The top 4 statistically will not change during the remaining hour. It could go to either the CT230R, 380RS Super Leggera or Stage II R32, as the BNR34 GT-R V-Spec has dropped off the groups pace entirely. The bottom 4, of the BNR34 GT-R N-Spec V, Nismo R-Tune, Gran Turismo GT-R and 400R are highly unlikely to change. Nothing out of the ordinary from me, but we pass onto the 20th circulation, at last.

Lap 20: 9:33.986 - 52 mins remaining as of typing. I've decided to double stint Ferrari, as I couldn't decide on a good strategy at the start, this is the result. I drive yet another clean lap. S2K GT1 is now +3:22.512, Nismo Z33 is at +3:58.425, and the FT565 is +4:26.480. The CT230R loses 6th to the Stage II R32, as it had a shorter pitstop. The BNR34 GT-R V-Spec has also caught up, which means the non-pitting 380RS has pulled away, for now. S2K GT1 is 11.5 secs behind the lapped 400R, at Bergwerk. I pit in, and lap the stationary Nismo GT-R R-Tune, which was taking fuel on, as I wasn't. Magnani takes over from De La Fuente for his 3rd stint.

Lap 21: 9:45.166 - 43 mins remaining as of typing. Not much happened. FT565 pitted, S2K GT1 closing gap on lapped 400R, Nismo Z33 maintained a steady pace, and I got bored of the bent ass of my car. Like this #43 Fusion NASCAR alot now. Oh, and the 2 BNR34 GT-R's are pretty close on track now.

Lap 22: 9:31.655 - 31 mins left as of typing. Much of the same if I'm honest. Magnani is readying for his pitstop, and Ferrari is not going in, yet. I want fresh legs for the sprint finish, so Savage will take over at the fuel stop, with another set of RH's. Half a lap lead on the S2K GT1 now, +4:22.654. Stage II R32 and CT230R overtake the 380RS whilst it's in the pits. Me, all alone now, pit in for the penultimate time. The S2K GT1 has lapped the 400R and the Gran Turismo GT-R, too.

Lap 23: 10:12.402 - 24 mins left as of typing. Should have 2 more laps after this, 1 more for Savage, 1 for Ferrari on the RS tyres. Anywho, lead over the S2K GT1 is up to +4:34.651. CT230R is duelling with the 380RS, but as the 380RS is on fresher tyres, it passes cleanly with pretty much ease. Stage II R32 is about 20 secs up the road from those 2. S2K GT1 has seemingly 1ast pitstop, as does the rest of the field. I have a few moments off track toward the end of the lap, but nothing major otherwise. Savage continues onto his final lap of his 4th stint.

Lap 24: 9:17.155 - 14 mins left as of typing. Savage sets fastest opening 4 sectors since the first lap, 3 & 3/4 hours ago. S2K GT1 makes its final pitstop too. Stage II R32 is also making it's final pitstop, as is the Nismo GT-R R-Tune. S2K GT1's last lap in anger was a 9:58.276, +4:20.525. The Nismo Z33's strategy has let it down at the last min. I will be on my 25th lap before the 4 hours pass, so he will have to stop. Unfortunately for him, it means he has to sacrifice the 2nd place he just stole off the S2K GT1. Funny how I ruined an AI's race without even technically racing :D I push Savage hard toward Dottinger-Hohe, where Ferrari must now perform his magic. The FT565, 380RS, CT230R & both BNR34 GT-R's have to pit one last time.

Lap 25 - The Final Lap: 9:56.158 - 5 mins left as of typing. Disaster. Typical. I accidentally hit OK, so De La Fuente is back in the car with RH tyres and a full tank of fuel. Ffs. So, while I sprint home, the S2K GT1 is waiting for the Nismo Z33 to pit, and from there, it and the FT565 will do battle, for 2 mins. 3:32 left. I spin off and crash at the exact same place, with the same driver, as I did on Lap 2. Still pushing though, despite the cars ass being even more dented. The Nismo Z33 and S2K GT1 pull onto the straight with 2:03 left. It's S2K GT1 takes back 2nd with 1:21 left, I exit Bergwerk with 1:00 left. The race will pass 04:00:00.000 while I am at the Karrussel. Which it does. I refuse to let De La Fuente pit, and force him to finish the race. The 400R is the first car to cross the line after the 4 hours, followed by the 380RS. The CT230R & the Stage II R32 follow. I am at this point travelling down the back straight. I then pass through the final chicane for the 25th time, and take the win.

The NASCAR, designed and tuned by Me, won. I was so surprised it's ridiculous. Especially the margin I won by, on B-Spec!

Here are the final results. One observation I noted is the fact that the FT565 missed the finish by a few seconds. If it hadn't it would have came 2nd. But it didn't, and you will not see one of GT5's major flaws.

Classified Final Results:
1st - Myself - 04:03:11.983; 26 Laps
2nd - Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera; +1
3rd - HKS CT230R; +1
4th - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32; +1
5th - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec; +1
6th - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N-Spec V; +1
7th - Amuse S2000 GT1; +1
8th - Nismo Fairlady Z (Z33); +1
9th - 2007 HPA Motorsports FT565 Twin Turbo; +1
10th - Nismo 400R; +2
11th - Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune (R33); +2
12th - Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R; +2

I love how wrong that is.

Because PD has clearly not installed individual tracking for the exact lap location on timed endurance races, the final results are very, very wrong. As you can see, the top 3 cars behind me, all came at the back, only ahead of the lapped cars. Somethings up, if you ask me. Here are the actual results.

The Actual Final Results

1st - Myself - 04:03:11.983; 26 Laps
2nd - Amuse S2000 GT1; +1
3rd - Nismo Fairlady Z Z-Tune (Z33); +1
4th - 2007 HPA Motorsports FT565 Twin Turbo Audi TT; +1
5th - Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera; +1
6th - HKS CT230R; +1
7th - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32; +1
8th - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec N1 Base; +1
9th - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base; +2
10th - Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune (R33); +2
11th - Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R; +2
12th - Nismo 400R; +2

Fastest Lap of the Race:
Lap 1 - 8:53.093

Drivers:
T. Savage - Class 32 --> Class 33
E. De La Fuente - Class 28 --> Class 30
C. Magnani - Class 27 --> Class 30
R. Ferrari - Class 27 --> Class 29

IMG_2120.jpg

Car after race, progressing with Oil Change. You can see the PP dropped from 642 to 635.

Best B-Spec race I've ever done, even though I picked a car that should have easily won (it did, but I thought it would be closer. I wrote this after the race, now im typing a day later). I would recommend this to anyone who has not done it yet.

The Techy Specs.
Ran entire race on Racing Hard tyres.
Followed a 2 lap pit stratergy from Lap 3 onwards.
Ran with about 100 Litres, 82 Litres, 44 Litres, 21 Litres, 100 Litres, etc.

Apologies for any parts of this that are difficault to make sense of. I typed the individual laps up during, and the lap after that specific lap. So some parts I did during the race, some parts I did after, some parts I added now. Some car names I believe are incorrect. "N-Spec V" refers to the "GT-R N1 Base", the "GT-R V-Spec" is the "GT-R V-Spec N1 Base". Once again, apologies for any inconvinience this may have caused. For any further information, just ask me. Thanks for reading :)

Im going to do this again, but have absolutely no idea what car to use. Not really bothered if I win, to be honest.
Im debating over:
Suzuki GSXR/4 Concept
Honda Insight '99
Mazda Lantis Turbo R '93
Toyota SERA '91
Tesla Motors Tesla Roadster

All have been tuned by myself for the Ring, but I have no idea what to use currently. Suggestions for other cars also welcomed.

Last edited:
Very detailed report... but unfortunately this is for the A-spec endurance, not B-spec. Perhaps you could check out the OP and run this again yourself. It would be interesting to see how your own run compares. :)

Very detailed report... but unfortunately this is for the A-spec endurance, not B-spec. Perhaps you could check out the OP and run this again yourself. It would be interesting to see how your own run compares. :)

The irony of me doing this right now. :lol:
Intresting race so far, can't go more than a lap, unlike my Bob's 2.

I've been watching this thread for a bit, and thought I'd give it a shot seeing how close a race I could make it. I decided that it would be fun to drive a car as similar as I could to what I drive in real life ('02 WRX), an idea that eventually became a bit of a farce (mine doesn't have anywhere near 400 hp), but I'll get to that in a minute. In the end, I had the race of my life. What a blast!

The car I chose was the Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05 (that's a mouthful), since that was the closest premium vehicle to mine, and is already supposedly tuned for the 'ring. I spent an hour or so getting it tuned so that given my skilll level, I thought I would be able to consistently run laps in about 9 minutes or a few seconds over. It was my intent to pick a grid without either of the rabbits (the s2000 gt1 turbo and that really fast Audi). I got such a grid on my first try and started out. The first thing I noticed was that I somehow forgot that this race was on the Type V variation of the 'ring, and I had done all my preparation on the 24h version. D'oh! Anyway, the car turned out to be way too fast, and by the 3rd pit stop I was almost 2 minutes ahead, so I quit to rethink.

After a bit, I decided that I would have the most fun by seeing if I could add a bare minimum of additional power and take on at least one of the rabbits. Here's what I ended up with:

Power: 400hp (high-range turbo, then brought it back with the power limiter)
Weight: 1278kg (1st stage of weight reduction)
PP: 520
Tires: RM (except for the last lap, when I used RS since there was only 1 lap to go)

Other than the above listed mods, I added suspension and drivetrain mods (but no LSD) so I could tune it for my driving style. No aero.

I didn't keep lap-by-lap notes, but after the first few corners, the race settled into a predictable pattern. My grid was as follows:

1. CTR2 '96
2. IS Racing Concept '08
3. BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
4. S2000 GT1 Turbo
5. Stage II R32
6. NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
7. Me :)
8. S2000 GT1 '04
9. 400R '96
10. GRAN TURISMO SKYLINE GT-R '01
11. GRAN TURISMO 350Z RS
12. 350Z '04

I started out a bit slower than the cars around me, and was immediately passed by the GT1 in 8th. Thanks to some pretty early braking up front, I managed to pass the GT1 Turbo (which had already moved up to 3rd) in the first corner, and passed the 2 leaders by the end of the GP section.

By the time the GT1 Turbo managed to get into 2nd, I had about a 10-second lead. He was noticeably faster than me, and by the final straight, he was in position to pass. Realizing that I would never catch him again if I let him pass, I blocked him down the entire straight, a tactic that became a theme throughout the race (yes yes, dirty pool and all that. I wouldn't do it to a human driver, I swear :)). He stayed within 2 or 3 seconds of me all the way until the straight on the next lap, where I blocked him again.

At the end of the 2nd lap, we both pitted. I took on only 11 liters of fuel, to get a quick stop, and left the pits with a nearly 20 second lead, thanks to the GT1 Turbo feeling it necessary to completely refuel. From this point until about the mid point of the race, I would gradually lose my 20 second lead during my 2-lap stints, just managing to pit ahead of him by a hair.

In essence, this is how the entire race went, until I started having to add 23-24 liters of fuel once I finally ran low. These longer stops resulted in my having only about a 7-second lead leaving the pits, but thankfully this was about the time we started encountering lap traffic, and throughout the race, we repeatedly seemed to encounter it at just the perfect time for me to be able to barely keep my lead heading into the pits.

At the end, I won by about 4 seconds, my biggest lead at the end of a lap since I started taking longer stops for fuel. My fastest lap was 8:44.629, and I had only 2 off-track excursions in the whole race, none in the final 15 laps (when if I did go off, I probably would have lost). I finished 27 laps in 4:01:30.XXX. I don't have a replay because I had to save the race.

In all, it was one of the most fun (and stressful) races I've ever run against AI. The GT1 Turbo was within 2 or 3 seconds of me for probably 40-50% of the 4 hours, and I'm happy with myself that I never let my concentration slip bad enough to lose. Next time, I think I'm going to try something lighter so I can possibly get more than 2 laps out of my tires. The WRX just tears the fronts apart, and it would probably have been more interesting with SS or SM If I could have run a pace that would have been competitive.

Nice run against one of the rabbits. 👍 I really should get back into this but I've been too busy having fun at the GVS300 enduro. :D Soon, hopefully.

I just did this one, it's the first endurance race I've done period since GT4. (I don't count Indy since)

I used the DLC 2012 Nissan GT-R completely stock, which wasn't a great choice. My plan was to run on Sport Softs but the Amuse GT1 Turbo and even the Z33 Z-Tune were too fast for me and took off.

I hadn't done any practice or anything so I pushed the tires to 3 laps, which was brutal for that last lap. (AI pitted after 2) I passed the leaders in the pit but lost the lead when my tires turned to putty half way around.

No matter! I could try the Racing Soft to bring me back into contention! The Racing Soft was excellent, but lasted only 1 lap. Unfortunately, I pushed it for 2.

After Lap 5, I pitted and went for Racing Hards and was truly unsure if I had the pace to win this thing. I was one minute and 20+ seconds behind, in third place.

The Racing Hard tires were great, but the GT-R was so heavy and so hard on them that the 2nd lap the fronts were pretty well worn. There wasn't much alternative, so I pushed on.

It was interesting because I was on an alternate pit schedule now from the 2 lead cars because I had pushed my first stint to 3 laps, and we were all pitting every other lap. When I was on fresh tires, I could take off a second or a half second off the lead car in every sector. If things went smoothly it was about 16 seconds a lap. But when I was struggling the next lap, the S2000 GT1 was on fresh tires, and was going much quicker. On these 'off' laps I tried to maintain the gap or take out a modest 4 seconds or so.

The gap got smaller...60 seconds.... 45 seconds... but it was hard to measure because we kept pitting alternately so it would vary by 30 seconds, and I'd have to remember what the gap was 2 laps ago to make sure it was still shrinking.

At 2 hours in I seemed certain that I was carrying and adding too much fuel, so I only added 8 liters during my stop around lap 13. This was stupid. I had a great 'on' lap with fresh tires and cut into the gap and got it down to under 25 seconds. The S2000 pitted and I passed him in the pits (knowing I would need to stop the next lap) and I was leading by about 18 seconds on the back straightaway when I ran out of gas at 130mph. The S2000 passed me, and I limited back to the pit slowly.

The gap was back to 1 minute 10 seconds when I left the pits. Luckily I knew it was possible and I still had plenty of time (nearly 2 hours) and better still, my laps were a lot more consistent and mistake free. My laps that were less affected by the pit stop were around 8:47, with an occasional 8:46.

After obsessing over the split times for 3 hours and watching them tick down, I finally made the pass for the lead at 3 hours and 16 minutes. It was the first time we exchanged position on the track instead of in the pits, except for when I ran out of gas.

When I was leading I was not nearly as entertained, and my driving wasn't as focused. It's fun when you're chasing, for one, because you can instantly see how your driving affects the gap to the leader. You can tell where you're quicker and where the other car is quicker, and it gives you something to work on or lets you know what weakness you can exploit. But when you're in front (by 15+ seconds) you can make a mistake and you won't see how it affects the gap until a while later.

I entered the last lap with a 30 second lead over the S2000 GT1 Turbo, but then something glitchy happened and my position changed as the cars behind crossed the finish line. It bumped me to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and took away the split times but it sorted itself out at the end. Except for the S2000, he got stuck in 5th position somehow!

Stock 2012 Nissan GT-R
Best lap: 8:46 on Racing Hard
Total Time: 4:07:XX (27 laps)

Finished my 2nd race in the NASCAR. Only for the GT5 to give me the "Black Screen Of Death" :banghead:

Attempted it again in a heavily modified Veyron against the R8 LMS and S2K Turbo.
My God was that a close race. :drool:

Ok, on leave so did this again... this time with the completely stock BMW 320i Touring Car with 471pp. Again using the first field of AI, G27 and cockpit, aids off except ABS on 1.

Started with RM's front and RH's back, however after my planned 3 lap stint, the rears were 3/4's and the fronts about where you want them after 3 laps. Weird that the fronts wore quicker for a FR car? So next stint I changed to RM's, still ok, so went to RS's on 3rd stint. Didn't at any time try to go RS's on the front.

Using my 3 lap strategy, I slowly built a lead over the S2000 GT1 (on a two lap cycle & the one I know would challenge for the win) & another it was battling with in the early stages. Once it got clear of that AI car about lap 12 it started to close the gap I'd built of about 90secs by memory... although I was doing pretty much the same lap times, it seemed to get quicker, & quicker...

On lap 21 when I went into the pits it seemed 50/50 to whether 26 or 27 laps were to be run... however I knew he'd pit on lap 26, so conceivably I could be behind when he pits as I could go the third of my three lap stint. Just MAKE SURE I always fill up correctly, 25-26 units of fuel seemed to be borderline dependant upon your revs and lap times of your stint, 27 was safe.

Pitting on lap 24, with about a 25-30sec lead out of the pits, pretty much confirmed the info I needed, I wouldn't be able to slow to only do 26 laps as the pace the S2000 GT1 was going it would be crossing before the 4HR deadline, so I won't be able to slow NOT to do the 27th lap. With the S2000 GT1 seemingly going even quicker, taking 3-5 secs on each long full speed section (eg, Hocheichen section to Aremburg, Bergwerk to just before Karussell, Galgenkopf to finish line) he'd finally closed the gap to 7.7secs at the before the Karussell, I pushed this up to 11 secs by Galgenkopf, but he'd pulled it all back on the straight, damn my about 240km/h it managed to get to on the straights, back to 7.5secs at the end of lap 26 BUT he has to pit, and as I thought we were 30secs early of the 4HRs.

It was pretty much race over then, although not completely flat out I still do 9:08 for the last lap and win by about 25-30secs, exact margin unknown as S2000 GT1 hadn't quite got the time in the results when showing.

Good race all in all in the end, my no means perfect from me, maybe 3-4 spins that may've cost 30 odd secs, quickest my BMW 320i Touring Car did was a low 8:56.

Don't know just how much lower the PP can go for me from a completely stock car, something would need a little more straight line speed a minimum, or be kinder on the tyres so then I could go 4 laps...

P.s. This race got me to Level 40, although I don't really consider that special (as I haven't done PD Cup with the 'F1's' or the 9HR at Yuckityyuck, or the 2 24HRS events, nor alot of specials events, & the last group of Licenses).

Last edited:
hello guys:) im about to start this 4hr endurance for the first time today! so im asking what car i should choose(not too overpowered,i want some challenge,but not extreme challenge)and what tires? i have been thinking of using rs or rh..
thanks in advance:tup:

Hi xiSealHDz. Here's my response to a similar question earlier in this thread. Hope it helps:

I would go for something lighter or a race car with some downforce. Unless you're a real tuner then any road car over 1400-1500kgs will kill it's tyres. If you check out the cars used in this thread (post 2.03 update when the physics changed) then you'll see that the most successful runs use lighter machinery which are easier on the tyres. The RX-7 TC or GT-R R35 TC from the first DLC are good places to start - easy to drive, plenty of power and very forgiving when things go a bit wrong.

I would also consider choosing a grid that does not include the Audi LMS or S2000 GTi Turbo as they both run considerably quicker than the rest of the field. Try cycling through to grid #9 and running one of the opposition cars will also help. I personally like the G37 on RM tyres which helped me to get more consistent and learn my limits. Then you can slowly bring the PP levels down and experiment with tyres before running road cars and/or taking on the Audi LMS.

:)

thank you for those advices!im planning using the tc gt-r r33 with rm tires..pp is around 620..should i run it stock or find a decent tune?

Stock will be fine, even against the Audi LMS. Might want to bring the top speed up to around 180-190mph for the main straight though. RM tyres will probably only last two laps, but that's the same for the Audi LMS and S2000 GT1 Turbo as well so no need to panic. If you make sure you only take on the minimal amount of fuel then your pit stops will be shorter than either of them. Try not to take on more than 15 litres as this takes about the same time as having your tyres changed.

If you select a grid without either the Audi LMS or S2000 GT1 Turbo then you can factor in a few big mistakes and still take the win.

okay..only cycled five times and got a grid without lms and s2000 gt1..off i go!👍:dopey:
heres the grid:

1.corvette'60
2.BNR34 GT-R
3.R32 GT-R S-Tune'00
4.CTR230R'08
5.GT 350Z RS
6.G37
7.ME(GT-R R33 TC)
8.NISMO 380RS
9.BNR34'06
10.GT-R R-Tune'99
11.yellow bird'87