FRL~INDYCAR~ Plux Runs Out Of Fuel.... After He Takes The Chequers At The Motegi 300!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,968 comments

What Madrid Layout to use for Round #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
13.2 at madrid reverse with front end damage :)

didn't get many clean laps but I know I won't catch Joe or Nin anyway so I'm very happy with my pace

Deffo going to be on regular Madrid layout.

I definitely think madrid reverse will be better for racing. Both directions are fun to drive but terrible for racing. With reverse you have the chicane as a passing spot, on regular you have no place to pass. But regular will probably have less cautions. It's a toss-up, I prefer reverse though.

Just have the race start after the chicane. Turn 1 on the regular track is tight as hell anyway so there is going to be a similar result either way.

yeah if anything turn 1 on regular is worse, we were just lucky in the test race. PD screwed up with Madrid and the little kink going into turn 1 that ruins any chance at passing (cleanly)

yeah if anything turn 1 on regular is worse, we were just lucky in the test race. PD screwed up with Madrid and the little kink going into turn 1 that ruins any chance at passing (cleanly)

2 wide isn't possible after T1 on normal and if anything after chicane on reverse its worse as field won't even be formed up.

T1 normal is at higher speed though so just as likely to cause an incident. I have done all my practicing on the reverse and set my car up for it, so please don't change it now.

Last edited:
2 wide isn't possible after T1 on normal and if anything after chicane on reverse its worse as field won't even be formed up.

I agree that starting after chicane won't work. 2 wide isn't possible after t1 on normal, but then again it isn't possible in the chicane either, and we saw how that worked out....

not an easy decision...

In light of tonight:
upload_2014-5-18_23-8-8.png

According to Jordan, I need to create a new thread with options for a poll. I have done that and it should appear here soon.

Regarding cautions...

2nd point: You should add that people need to respect pace speed under yellows, as to not gain an advantage when going to the pits while others staying out are going slower...

4th point: "... it won't be bought out", I'm pretty sure no one here will waste their money buying a caution... :P

7th point: Just to clarify, taking to the letter what you wrote, me getting alongside you on one of the restarts at Indy but still staying behind was legal, right?

Regarding cautions...

2nd point: You should add that people need to respect pace speed under yellows, as to not gain an advantage when going to the pits while others staying out are going slower...

4th point: "... it won't be bought out", I'm pretty sure no one here will waste their money buying a caution... :P

7th point: Just to clarify, taking to the letter what you wrote, me getting alongside you on one of the restarts at Indy but still staying behind was legal, right?

Point 2: Yes, but we could ahev extra pace lap especially with bigger field to sort things.

Point 4: Will fix.

Point 7: Yeah, as long as leader (if it was me in that case) gets to the stripe first all is good. People got caught out by fact that they could go when leader went. Or rather they didn't, hence my "jumps" being just me watching the leader and going with him instead.

I've only just started to calm down from last night. Epic racing from all.

Also I voted for reverse Madrid because that first corner is comedy gold :lol:

Back