FRL~INDYCAR~ Plux Runs Out Of Fuel.... After He Takes The Chequers At The Motegi 300!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,968 comments

What Madrid Layout to use for Round #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry for leaving like that, but my setup was dreadful and also to me these cars are no fun to drive on SH, except at Indy 500...

Is there some special diff setting that I don't know about? I can't take anywhere near as much speed through T2 and I still wear my tyres a ridiculous amount...

Is there some special diff setting that I don't know about? I can't take anywhere near as much speed through T2 and I still wear my tyres a ridiculous amount...
Diff settings is what held me back everywhere I went.

Because the track is so short if you pit you will fall a handful of laps down. So if you pit then a caution gets called you are completely screwed over because the car who is leading will pit under caution and come out like 2 laps up on you.

Exactly this happened to me twice over tonight, so 4 laps down in the end.

Lancer sorry for running into the back of you at the start, couldn't avoid it the whole grid did that thing where it accelerated, braked and bunched up then accelerated again and I just got caught out.

What I really want to know is how some people were taking T3 and T4 flat out??!!
Add downforce.

:mad::banghead: Damn cautions took away an 8 second advantage up front. Didn't hear Furi saying pits were open twice and threw away a chance of winning, also sorry to Spurgy for the hit. Was alongside Plux and went to the apex as usual but you do a late apex so I got into you.

Was an RPM 1-2-3-4 for quite a while too. Another great chance at an oval escapes me. Pace was good and pretty close with me & Spurgy with me with the edge in the turns and him on the straights, I had much better tyre wear however.

I also messed up after the last caution missing a gear allowing Furi to pass me too.

Minimum downforce was faster on one lap pace. That's how I did the 27.3 no draft in practice.
I was doing the same times. I was running min before then and only got 27.8s and saw people taking it flat when watching. Put some numbers on just in time for quali. Made another small change in quali and it was good. Not to mention us RPM boys were doing much longer stints thanks to better tyre wear and we were looking good until the caution came out with around 40 to go.

In hindsight I wish I would've nominated Panoz to run for ECM points and just cruise myself. I didn't get comfortable racing on an oval until I was 4 laps down and couldn't do anything.

upload_2014-7-6_22-58-7.png

Got really lucky after being 4 laps down before the set of cautions it was only really not pitting and flooring it around to gain another lap back which helped me twice to get back on the lead lap. Inherited 7th after @FlyingFox spun in the GWC as I didn't have the long race pace after qualifying 6th with low DF helping me

Had a mid-pack car all race, took the roll of the dice at the end to win it. A lap short when @Pluxtheduck pass me out of 2 and @DrifterJoe got me in 3/4.

3rd place is not bad.

Mate you drove amazingly, well so did everyone - that was a tough race.

I still am amazed at how that unfolded, and how little fuel I had left!!! I did think it was going to die on the final front stretch and I'd never live it down. But man that was an awesome finish, to think I was a lap down at one point and couldn't get the tyres to work in traffic.
Best moment had to be going round the outside of @gtpanoz at turn 3/4, just kept my foot in and in pulled off, almost did it to @Ninners too before the massive crash with 8 to go or nailing @gtpanoz out of 2 and knowing I could run it flat to the end!

Mate you drove amazingly, well so did everyone - that was a tough race.

I still am amazed at how that unfolded, and how little fuel I had left!!! I did think it was going to die on the final front stretch and I'd never live it down. But man that was an awesome finish, to think I was a lap down at one point and couldn't get the tyres to work in traffic.
Best moment had to be going round the outside of @gtpanoz at turn 3/4, just kept my foot in and in pulled off, almost did it to @Ninners too before the massive crash with 8 to go or nailing @gtpanoz out of 2 and knowing I could run it flat to the end!

Cracking show man. I seem to have a habit on ovals of "back of lead lap to top 3/4 in final 2 laps" routine going :lol:

I'm really disappointed how this evening turned out. Spun out with half a lap to go for no reason what so ever.

Really not happy with myself.

Sorry to Lancer for hitting him off.

Back