FRL~INDYCAR~ Plux Runs Out Of Fuel.... After He Takes The Chequers At The Motegi 300!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,968 comments

What Madrid Layout to use for Round #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only slight driving criticism I have is that some people are just too aggressive when trying to overtake. It's not ToCA, getting heavy damage off someone when I did nothing wrong is one of my peeves.

Over a race it's better to have a few good clean overtakes than lots of scruffy bargee ones, and makes it more appealing to outside watchers. If more spectators new to GT racing were watching tonight, do you think it would have convinced them to sign up for next week?

The only slight driving criticism I have is that some people are just too aggressive when trying to overtake. It's not ToCA, getting heavy damage off someone when I did nothing wrong is one of my peeves.

Over a race it's better to have a few good clean overtakes than lots of scruffy bargee ones, and makes it more appealing to outside watchers. If more spectators new to GT racing were watching tonight, do you think it would have convinced them to sign up for next week?

Agreed.

And not a single one of the drivers race like this in WSC, which is infuriating as that is the cleanest racing in the FRL by far with a lot of ex / current ToCA regulars.

Anyway standings!

upload_2014-6-29_23-16-10.png

upload_2014-6-29_23-16-36.png

I never heard anything about the no overtaking rule from what I remember. Would have been clear if it was posted on thread (unless I've missed that).

Nevermind I don't really care about it.

I never heard anything about the no overtaking rule from what I remember. Would have been clear if it was posted on thread (unless I've missed that).

Nevermind I don't really care about it.

Start procedure update - No overtaking until after finish line on a restart (unless indicated by race control ordering lapped cars to the side out the way, or a lapped car communicating that they will be moving out the way.).

Furi said after RPH, Niop, GKM and my tactics at Indy, where we would co-ordinate the start, that there was going to be no more overtaking before the line on starts/restarts.

So that was an interesting evening...
R1: DC, so tried to help with comm and stewarding

R2: The reverse pole didn't last long after the early caution and let Spurgy through into the lead and then tried to hold of Joe and Nin (I was most pleased with my "textbook" cut back on Nin at the Hairpin). The rest of the race was mainly 4th place until the pit stops where I dropped back behind Sig and then later Rofl too. Luckily despite picking up some damage when Rofl was attacking I could keep my tyres better than Fraiser and Rofl giving me 3rd (after Spurgy's damage). Then that caution came and my heart dropped as no one got to pit. I had to fight hard to keep position and was lucky not to get damage from Spurgy's out of control dive at the hairpin which dropped me to the last ECM driver as Lancer got through because of it. Picked up 4th again when Nin's tyres died

Hopefully I can hear people for the next round. Couldn't hear anybody during both races and the only way to fix that is to reboot my internet which takes roughly 5 mins to complete.

Considering how "Bleugh" parts of this have turned out, do you want to call Motegi the finale? BHI might not work out well way things have gone :indiff:

Yeah 3 attempts to start the race and the unexpectedly high amount of cautions in the first half of the race.

Apart from that it seemed fine.

Back