Full motion rig?

• Thread starter TRLWNC7396
  • 35 comments
I don't think it is. You forgot the G-Forces :)
IMO, the G-Forces are the most important because it is the main information used by real driver.

i know it exaggerates trying to simulate the g forces.
it looks a little strange to have the car and the rig in different inclinations in the track.
an option to choose to simulate g forces could be enabled/desabled, simulating just the car's real inclination in track and body roll.

...the hardware; triple screen still needs 3xPS and 3xGT. if the only solution in GT7/PS4 is of the same kind, its poor. Sony could do an external device to plug into a PS4 to enable triple-screens and motion rigs with one PS4/GT7, add some extra power and outputs.

someone agrees with my solution ...

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...nally-desktop-quality-graphics-on-your-laptop

alienware graphics amplifier: that's what i would have liked to see from sony (to use in a ps4)! better graphics, since ps4 is not that much more impressive than ps3, triple screen enabling, full motion rigs, 4k (sony sells 4k tvs), whatever needed. if pc's can do it, playstation cant stay behind. being optional keeps ps4 "cheap" for those who cant afford that extra but probably it would sell well!!

Problem is you no longer have a uniform system. Developers will need to test and optimize the game for multiple hardware setups, which takes time and money.

I spoke with SimCraft about their involvement in this project:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-motion-simulation-demoed-with-simcraft-apex3-platform/

It will be very interesting to see where this goes...

Hey Jordan !

I know this is an old post but motion rigs are becoming "affordable", especially the prosimu T1000 solutions. Do you have any information about a future compatibility with the next GT game ? :)

We're just talking about developping a simple interface that send 3 G-forces and 3 angles through USB, I really hope that PD will implements those stuff like motion rigs, triple screens... Of course only a few of us will be using them but it's a excellent showcase for the game and it's a blast to watch streamers using those rigs. Right now GT streams / videos are a litttle underwhelming compared to other simracing streams / videos because of that.

Back