Paint feature for the Custom Rear Wings for the next update

• Thread starter F1jocker12
  • 126 comments
I wonder what it'd take to enable a tyre width and size option in GT Auto for future GT6 versions.
A tyre width modification implies a widening of the car if i'm not wrong.
btw news are about what kind of content is going to be released, but i'm faithful it won' t be the only one thing dropped for said update, pd surprised us in good and bad ways lately so let's just wait.

A tyre width modification implies a widening of the car if i'm not wrong.
btw news are about what kind of content is going to be released, but i'm faithful it won' t be the only one thing dropped for said update, pd surprised us in good and bad ways lately so let's just wait.
It'd be cool to have body kits to make cars wider. But right now it is all about painting rear wings, so let's spray those wings with nice paintsssssss. :drool:

How do you expect that to not affect everyone online? some people doesn't even add wings to their cars, they don't even change rims, they'll not make their tires wider, people who do will already have an advantage. Connecting it to the PP system isn't the way to go if you want equal and fair chances for everyone.

My point is it will if they add in a new way to increase grip not represented in compound and type choice.

I dont think they should, As it is wings can be seen, rim size doesn't change overall diameter and tires are displayed and can be regulated. Its not so important to restrict compound choice as it is to have restricted tire types so that drivers can use a tire strategy in the race.

Faking the looks to find out the bugs or whatever in GT6 before adding the physic to something that is mastered visually in GT7 isn't a terrible idea at all.

That's a matter of opinion as my point eluded to

It'll upset people anyway, and it's better to have the looks only until the physics are mastered and they add them to the game rather than having a physics so messed up that it ruins the game until they master the physic of the wider tires.

No its better to leave it as it is if they aren't going to put it in right, but that's just my opinion. Every change can come with unexpected side effects...

My point was just more about there being 2 sides to a coin both sides equally important.

I see your point and I understand, I just have a different opinion, that all.

Last edited:
My point is it will if they add in a new way to increase grip not represented in compond and type choice.

That's a matter of opinion as my point eluded to

Not its better to leave it as it is if they aren't going to put it in right, but that's just my opinion.
You're asking too much from them, they can't get the camber to work properly since GT5 how do you expect them to get something like that to work? small steps is the better way for them to make such a thing work how you want it to be, the problem here is that you (and probably other who feel like you do) want everything or nothing at all, which isn't a solution at all, unless you want them to take forever or something to include it in any future GT games or to have it work (or not work) just like they managed to make camber work.

But obviously there's no point debating about that with you, you've clearly made your mind and I couldn't care less about whether or not it's just a look or not.

Now this thread isn't about tires, it's about painting the rear wings. :)

You're asking too much from them, they can't get the camber to work properly since GT5 how do you expect them to get something like that to work? small steps is the better way for them to make such a thing work how you want it to be, the problem here is that you (and probably other who feel like you do) want everything or nothing at all, which isn't a solution at all, unless you want them to take forever or something to include it in any future GT games or to have it work (or not work) just like they managed to make camber work.

But obviously there's no point debating about that with you, you've clearly made your mind and I couldn't care less about whether or not it's just a look or not.

Now this thread isn't about tires, it's about painting the rear wings. :)

You tossing more of your opinions at me Bro, all I was expressing is YOURS is not the only opinion and not the most important one to anybody other than you...

Last edited:
It'll be awesome to customize bodykit/additionals aswell, kinda like GTA with the primary and secondary scheme.

If its just spoiler, its kinda pathetic. Hope its additional's also like body-kit and externals.

It seems to be limited to the customized wings, i.e. the ones you create yourself by combining different parts and adjusting width and height. That would mean that you can't paint wings that comes stock with the car (such as the wings on GT3 cars), or wings that are premade by PD.

If the wider tires came with an adjusted offset its not a problem. Think of it like adding tire to the inside not the outside, adding tire to the inside wont effect clipping.

The hackers can already widen the tires and it increases the size on the inside while the outside of the wheel stays in place. It would not take much to implement but they would have to reconnect the tires into the PP rating and This IMO will hurt online racing where tire selection is race conditions and strategy dependent, and adding tires back into pp would suck in my opinion making our online tires selections limited to everybody running the exact same tires, no more tire strategy... Its good tires and downforce have been pulled from PP ratings it opens them up to be tuned more personally by each driver.

Or get them to look wider but perform the same, I don't think that is a way to go, uncharacteristic of PD too.
They need only account for width etc. in the PP calculation. Compound can still be "free". That will result in a race to maximum width, which might look a bit silly and completely nullify the point of adjustable section unless there's a tradeoff.

Hmm. I can see that this is not an easy issue to fix.

Forgetting completely "free tyres" (except compound), they could stick to the "compound dictates peak lateral g" approach and scale the chassis / tyre grips accordingly as and when you scale the widths etc. They already do that for all the stock cars, they have fixed multipliers that make sure they show parity in lateral cornering ability, and longitudinal grip, for any given tyre compound. You would need to tweak those multipliers to account for changes in the tyres from stock only, excluding compound.

Maybe they could offer "regulated" and "unregulated" tyres. The former do the "peak grip" thing for racing parity, and the others react normally to changes for more relaxed environments.

An alternative is to offer fixed sizes of tyres for certain "classes" of racing. I think the faked peak grip would be more popular, beacuse players get to keep the physical look instead of being forced to use dorky-looking wheel / tyre combos.

I don't know if offering fixed tyres is mechanically equivalent to scaling grip levels on different shaped tyres. I expect the dynamics (as opposed to steady-state "peak" grip) would still be different, which is likely important. It's good on stock cars in a casual setting, beause it preserves some of the character of the original car, but in a race parity situation, perhaps not so much, I don't know.

Still not really "fixed".

My opinion: I don't think having lots of different fixed tyre sizes for different classes of car is workable, and I don't think letting some of the original character show through with the tyres is really a bad thing, either (the PP pros might correct me on that). So I vote regulated tyres by way of grip scaling for racing, and unregulated tyres for 1:1 modifications.

Okay man, never mind, you missed the point....
The only thing missed what a chance to ignore you when you posted off topic.

Back on topic: I hope they allow us to paint endplates otherwise that'd be a bit silly to paint the whole wing especially on cars with double colors (such as cars with stripes).

Sometimes you wonder how things like this wasn't just implemented at once since it was obviously possible.

Lack of manpower?

Keeping features back to give impressions of "customization evolution"?

Oh well, shouldn't grumble.

Out of all the features that no one really cares about, guages and paint able wings must rank near the top.

However all the features people want tend to rank near the bottom of the development cycle for PD

I would like a Driveclub feature where you can set the premade decals to your car. I mean Miata already have one despite its on standard.

I would like a Driveclub feature where you can set the premade decals to your car. I mean Miata already have one despite its on standard.

If we're honest, the Miatas are more like incomplete Premiums as they have the same exteriors just without a cockpit.

yeah it is cool in a way to have the ability to paint those wings but c'mon PD :rolleyes: ....

at this point, i'd rather laugh at the situation :lol:

This is going to be a neat feature. Maybe we'll be able to create a custom paint color, like the gauge color system.

Anything that would allow a bit more customization isn't a bad thing at all, they're going on the right direction with the customization. Of course they can go further but they've had pretty good ideas with it lately except for the gauge they're absolutely useless. I'm exited to see what they're planning next in terms of customization.

I don't get why people are kind of upset that they're finally paying attention to customization, it's a small step I know, but it's a step in the right direction.

This is going to be a neat feature. Maybe we'll be able to create a custom paint color, like the gauge color system.
It'll be nice only if we can apply custom paints to the whole car as well.

Anything that would allow a bit more customization isn't a bad thing at all, they're going on the right direction with the customization. Of course they can go further but they've had pretty good ideas with it lately except for the gauge they're absolutely useless. I'm exited to see what they're planning next in terms of customization.

I don't get why people are kind of upset that they're finally paying attention to customization, it's a small step I know, but it's a step in the right direction.

It'll be nice only if we can apply custom paints to the whole car as well.
Hey, gauges are awesome.

Latest Posts

Back