Paint feature for the Custom Rear Wings for the next update

• Thread starter F1jocker12
  • 126 comments
Wow.. thats what I needed to go back to GT6!!!... NOT
At least something for the people who still play that game but but its somehow hilarious.... Paintable Wings... :lol:

You show lack of pasciun - I may help with a poem

"Painting Spoilers" by TurismoBad

Hi unpainted spoiler

I can't wait to paint my spoiler

There is that one spoiler - vulgarly unpainted seating there just being unpainted

I will paint it

In a fury of emotions I may even paint two

Bye unpainted spoiler

post-4914999-0-48403700-1377211141.png

So since gt6 came out we've gotten paintable brake calipers, number plates, custom wings and now paintable custom wings in just over a year. Just seems a bit.... 'eh'

still though its better than nothing. I think all they need to add are just roll cages and racing seats/ steering wheels so your cars feel more racy and serious. and so I can make a racing 500f

So since gt6 came out we've gotten paintable brake calipers, number plates, custom wings and now paintable custom wings in just over a year. Just seems a bit.... 'eh'

still though its better than nothing. I think all they need to add are just roll cages and racing seats/ steering wheels so your cars feel more racy and serious. and so I can make a racing 500f

Don't overlook everything else we got. These new features are on top of everything else.

I meant for the car customisation, sorry

Yeah, but thats not all they have to work on, so far

All the VGT Cars

and

BMW
M4 Coupe
M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic
M4 M-Performance Safety Car

Chevrolet
Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13

DeltaWing
2012 LeMans

Polyphony Digital
Red Bull X1 2014 Fan car
Red Bull Kart
Red Bull Junior
Shifter Kart

Hudson
Mario Andretti's 48 Hudson Racer

Lexus
IS-F CCS-R

Nissan
GT-R GT3 RTN GT Academy
GT-R NiSMO

Toyota
TS030 HYBRID
FT-1
FT-1 Graphite

Formula 1
Ayrton Senna Lotus 97T F1

Formula 3
Ayrton Senna Ralt RT3 WSR F3

KART
Ayrton Senna DAP KART

Racing Gear Added

Volkswagen Vision GT
Ayrton Senna 80
Ayrton Senna 83
Ayrton Senna 85

Added Track Layouts & Locations

Red Bull Ring
Red Bull Ring "Short Track"

Brands Hatch GP 80s
Brands Hatch Indi 80s

Monza 80's

Suzuka Circuit 2014

Circuito de la Sierra

Updated Goodwood Statue

Added Events

Red Bul X Challenge

Ayrton Senna Tribute Lap Time Challenges

Sierra Time Rally

Added Features

Data Logger
GPS Visualizer
MoTeC i2 Replay Compatibility

Racing Numbers
Painting Calipers
Custom Gauges

Quick Match
Community Features

Improved Feel and Advanced FFB settings
Improved Sound Options & Sound
Improved Camber & Default Settings

Removed fixed assist from cars like the RB X1

All free I might add

They are still working on CM and B-Spec and we dont know what else, your comment is as if its been over a year and all we got was caliper paint racing numbers and gauges, but its nice to see them adding features like this while they keep adding more cars, tracks, and features..

Last edited:
Yeah, but thats not all they have to work on, so far

All the VGT Cars

and

BMW
M4 Coupe
M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic
M4 M-Performance Safety Car

Chevrolet
Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13

DeltaWing
2012 LeMans

Polyphony Digital
Red Bull X1 2014 Fan car
Red Bull Kart
Red Bull Junior
Shifter Kart

Hudson
Mario Andretti's 48 Hudson Racer

Jay Leno
66 Oldsmobile Toronado

Lexus
IS-F CCS-R

Nissan
GT-R GT3 RTN GT Academy
GT-R NiSMO

Toyota
TS030 HYBRID
FT-1
FT-1 Graphite

Formula 1
Ayrton Senna Lotus 97T F1

Formula 3
Ayrton Senna Ralt RT3 WSR F3

KART
Ayrton Senna DAP KART

Racing Gear Added

Volkswagen Vision GT
Ayrton Senna 80
Ayrton Senna 83
Ayrton Senna 85

Added Track Layouts & Locations

Red Bull Ring
Red Bull Ring "Short Track"

Brands Hatch GP 80s
Brands Hatch Indi 80s

Monza 80's

Suzuka Circuit 2014

Circuito de la Sierra

Updated Goodwood Statue

Added Events

Red Bul X Challenge

Ayrton Senna Tribute Lap Time Challenges

Sierra Time Rally

Added Features

Data Logger
GPS Visualizer
MoTeC i2 Replay Compatibility

Racing Numbers
Painting Calipers
Custom Gauges

Quick Match
Community Features

Improved Feel and Advanced FFB settings
Improved Sound Options & Sound
Improved Camber & Default Settings

Removed fixed assist from cars like the RX X1

All free I might add

They are still working on CM and B-Spec and we dont know what else, your comment is as if its been over a year and all we got was caliper paint racing numbers and gauges, but its nice to see them adding features like this while they keep adding more cars, tracks, and features..
Great stuff!

This car is added from the start. Also, the DeltaWing and original M4 was by day-one patch, while the Frozen Black M4 is only for competitors of Asian BMW Challenge. ;)
I did not know the Toronado was on the Disk, Ill erase it from the list.

A little bit nit picky, but the DeltaWing and Original M4 albeit a day one patch addition they are not on the disk and added in updates. The Frozen Black M4 was available for purchase on my North American copy, glitch or not, doesn't matter, either way it was added in an update even if only originally intended for the Asian market.

I wonder what it'd take to enable a tyre width and size option in GT Auto for future GT6 versions.

I did not know the Toronado was on the Disk, Ill erase it from the list.

A little bit nit picky, but the DeltaWing and Original M4 albeit a day one patch addition they are not on the disk and added in updates. The Frozen Black M4 was available for purchase on my North American copy, glitch or not, doesn't matter, either way it was added in an update even if only originally intended for the Asian market.

The delta wing was in the trailers for the game and at E3 months before the game came out though. Seems they had to temporarily remove it until legal issues were resolved
https://www.gtplanet.net/nissan-deltawing-removed-from-gt6-website-car-list/

Anyway although it's a small thing I think it's great they are letting us paint the wings.
Now like others have mentioned ... STRIPES!
Would love a option to paint the stripes we do have now even. That way we could either get rid of them if we didn't want them or actually make them a color we want.

I wonder what it'd take to enable a tyre width and size option in GT Auto for future GT6 versions.

To be honest, I don't think it would take much
The delta wing was in the trailers for the game and at E3 months before the game came out though. Seems they had to temporarily remove it until legal issues were resolved
https://www.gtplanet.net/nissan-deltawing-removed-from-gt6-website-car-list/.

That is interesting, its neither here nor there in regards to the discussion at hand, but it certainly is interesting. Either way they were added in updates.It makes me curious tho as I dont know much of what it takes to get a car into GT6, like why the GT500 but no ZL1 but it seems its always more complicated than it may appear on the surface.

Perhaps feasible for the high detail models, but if done blindly it'd probably do clipping. So I'd guess it'd be a selection. Also anything that would make the car wider (either total or at a section, not sure of this) is out.

So, do you think they'll just slip this in Ninja style with tonight's seasonal update or will it be included with a major update requiring our beloved "maintenance"?

So, do you think they'll just slip this in Ninja style with tonight's seasonal update or will it be included with a major update requiring our beloved "maintenance"?
I think it'll be included in a regular update just like the paintable brakes option. I won't be able to tell you when because I have absolutely no idea, but it'd really be nice if it came with tonight's seasonals.

As I tried to point out earlier... the blog only says FUTURE update, it doesn't even say NEXT... so please, limit your expectations.

As I tried to point out earlier... the blog only says FUTURE update, it doesn't even say NEXT... so please, limit your expectations.
That's true it doesn't say NEXT but it doesn't mean it can't be the next update either. It doesn't really matter to me when it comes, as long as it actually comes.

That's true it doesn't say NEXT but it doesn't mean it can't be the next update either. It doesn't really matter to me when it comes, as long as it actually comes.

I know, and I support the "glass half full" attitude. Just trying to steer the thread away from some of the inevitable land mines it will encounter if the wing painting isn't in the next update.

If you remember the after market wheel bug we know for a fact that the game calculates width of tires. It shouldn't be an issue to add it in since it automatically adjusts to widest tire for the wheel diameter, which is a bit of an issue as you can't choose stock rim size but wider rubber. PD needs to put the tires back into the PP calculations since running varied wheels will affect performance a great deal which I'm fine with. While they are at it how about a test course to brake tests, acceleration times over 1/2 mi and slaloms.

It's a future update meaning it will come down the pipe once it's been tested to not break the game once it's installed. I'm pretty sure that they had this in the game but it only worked for development as the M3 in GT5 has custom wing with colored end plates. It's usually about what can work within the constraints of the game and system at large, have my suspicions that GT for PS4 is developing simultaneously with everything we have in GT6 and things we will never see in it.

This will have me going through my GT3 tuned stable, come PD just add the tire type to PP calculations, fingers and toes crossed. You know you guys want to do it. They should lose the paying to paint every part of the car as a separate price, or just lose the paying to paint period if you own the paint chip. You pay for what you don't have from the game's vast selection anything you acquired is free.

I know, and I support the "glass half full" attitude. Just trying to steer the thread away from some of the inevitable land mines it will encounter if the wing painting isn't in the next update.
Yes, but even if it is in the next update some people will find a way to complain about the fact that it's in. Some people already has and it's not even in the game yet. PD can't win.

You're absolutely right to lower everyone's expectation about when it'll come out because when people are disappointed it gets ugly really quickly around here. :lol:

From page one, this thread-

I'm not sure it'll be in the next update for sure based on the use of the word "working". I can think of a few other things they've been "working" on :D

"Now, here’s a small preview of a new feature we’re working on for Gran Turismo 6". :banghead:

I'm with you on the overhype speculation prevention.

Very little. It works visually, it works in the physics (custom wheel tyre width bug).

The problem is setting all the limits per car. They only need to do that once, of course.

Another way would be to test for "fouling" in the virtual wheel wells and on the arches, but that has drawbacks, particularly in predicting bump sensitivity. How often do you hear "slammed" v-dubs bobbing down the street, tyres rubbing on bodywork? In GT, it would be hard to avoid the inevitable clipping.

I wouldn't surprise me if it was in fact the clipping keeping this from happening.

Very little. It works visually, it works in the physics (custom wheel tyre width bug).

The problem is setting all the limits per car. They only need to do that once, of course.

Another way would be to test for "fouling" in the virtual wheel wells and on the arches, but that has drawbacks, particularly in predicting bump sensitivity. How often do you hear "slammed" v-dubs bobbing down the street, tyres rubbing on bodywork? In GT, it would be hard to avoid the inevitable clipping.

I wouldn't surprise me if it was in fact the clipping keeping this from happening.

If the wider tires came with an adjusted offset its not a problem. Think of it like adding tire to the inside not the outside, adding tire to the inside wont effect clipping.

The hackers can already widen the tires and it increases the size on the inside while the outside of the wheel stays in place. It would not take much to implement but they would have to reconnect the tires into the PP rating and This IMO will hurt online racing where tire selection is race conditions and strategy dependent, and adding tires back into pp would suck in my opinion making our online tires selections limited to everybody running the exact same tires, no more tire strategy... Its good tires and downforce have been pulled from PP ratings it opens them up to be tuned more personally by each driver.

Or get them to look wider but perform the same, I don't think that is a way to go, uncharacteristic of PD too.

Last edited:
If the wider tires came with an adjusted offset its not a problem. Think of it like adding tire to the inside not the outside, adding tire to the inside wont effect clipping.

The hackers can already widen the tires and it increases the size on the inside while the outside of the wheel stays in place. It would not take much to implement but they would have to reconnect the tires into the PP rating and This IMO will hurt online racing where tire selection is race conditions and strategy dependent, and adding tires back into pp would suck in my opinion making our online tires selections limited to everybody running the exact same tires, no more tire strategy... Its good tires and downforce have been pulled from PP ratings it opens them up to be tuned more personally by each driver.

Or get them to look wider but perform the same, I don't think that is a way to go either.
if that the only way we can get wider tires, I couldn't care less if it performs the same at least for GT6.

Or they can give us different sizes and they all perform how they should perform, we'll be restricted to a certain level.

if that the only way we can get wider tires, I couldn't care less if it performs the same at least for GT6.

Or they can give us different sizes and they all perform how they should perform, we'll be restricted to a certain level.

You might not but others would care very much and if it were to come at the cost of faking the look, some would prefer to wait until GT7 or whenever it can be implemented correctly where the size impacts performance but does not hurt online fairness and still leave tire choice open to driver choice inside the race regs giving us tire selection strategy currently. Not pp limited removing our tire strategy ability until whenever they figure out how to work it in right or simply faking it..

Im in no way saying my way is the better way, Im just saying people may be on both sides, in this case why change it to faking it, it will please some at the cost of upsetting others while not improving the game at all really, what would be the point? Taking a step back from what you want for a second.

Last edited:
You might not but others would care very much and if it were to come at the cost of faking the look, some would prefer to wait until GT7 or whenever it can be implemented correctly where the size impacts performance but does not hurt online fairness and still leave tire choice open to driver choice inside the race regs giving us tire selection strategy currently. Not pp limited removing our tire strategy ability until whenever they figure out how to work it in right or simply faking it..

Im in no way saying my way is the better way, Im just saying people may be on both sides, in this case why change it to faking it, it will please some at the cost of upsetting others while not improving the game at all really, what would be the point? Taking a step back from what you want for a second.
How do you expect that to not affect everyone online? some people doesn't even add wings to their cars, they don't even change rims, they'll not make their tires wider, people who do will already have an advantage. Connecting it to the PP system isn't the way to go if you want equal and fair chances for everyone.

Faking the looks to find out the bugs or whatever in GT6 before adding the physic to something that is mastered visually in GT7 isn't a terrible idea at all.

It'll upset people anyway, and it's better to have the looks only until the physics are mastered and they add them to the game rather than having a physics so messed up that it ruins the game until they master the physic of the wider tires.

Back