Garage data transfer GT5 to 6

• Thread starter Jarnac
  • 303 comments

Do you want to transfer your GT5 garage to GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 179 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 213 48.1%
  • whatever

Votes: 51 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't mind a license test import, just to save a bit of time, and maybe a token money boost as well. Not a garage import though, I like working my way up. Maybe cross-compatible DLC or something, but not a whole garage import.

Well, I mean, I wouldn't complain if it was there, I just wouldn't use it.

So you think you can dictate what the point of the game is for everyone? LMAO. Collecting cars is a lot of fun for me and many just by looking at this thread. Don't be so arrogant.
I'm not bothered at all by you enjoying the game.

As I said it's usually easy to please everyone.

Don't want it. A great deal of my enjoyment of these games comes from starting out with one crummy car and eventually working my way up to a garage full of supercars.

How about you have to buy your cars from GT5 (albeit at a discounted price, e.g for sale price in GT5). If 6 keeps the level system, then you can only purchase those cars once you reach that level. If the licence system is used properly, then you'd need to reach a certain licence to buy them.

I would like it so the level system is for cars and licences are for the races, would make doing the licences again for fun and not just for exp and 3 cars (if you gold them)

Ok so how about this guys.
You get to choose ONE car from your GT5 garage. No race car, just a regular stock car. Your fave stock car to start with, PLUS, the opportunity to take a loan for let's say 50,000 cr to get started? ;)

Although I say no, it bothers me that I won't be able to see my cars from GT5 again in GT6. There are still hacked cars out there, and porting them to GT6 will reap no benefit. Online, it would be unfair to brand new users who have just started to get into the world of Gran Turismo to keep up with super fast, meticulously tuned cars from GT5.

Simple answer. Limited (10-14 carryovers) that are bassically immune from some features. After that, cars from GT6 only

Given that in the last interview on here said that standard cars have been altered, most being premiumized with new parts available. Transferring over would be harder than you think.
Even starting with stealth and chrome lines, i felt like cheating the game with my free fast cars. New people to the series might feel robbed as with new people to gt5 that have some cars but not enough experience tuning.

Better to let everyone start on a level playing field, the pros will just complete quicker. Cr. bonus would be nice if it registers the GT5 file or even GT Academy enter too.

Given that in the last interview on here said that standard cars have been altered, most being premiumized with new parts available. Transferring over would be harder than you think.
Even starting with stealth and chrome lines, i felt like cheating the game with my free fast cars. New people to the series might feel robbed as with new people to gt5 that have some cars but not enough experience tuning.

Better to let everyone start on a level playing field, the pros will just complete quicker. Cr. bonus would be nice if it registers the GT5 file or even GT Academy enter too.
Not really, the won't transfer the whole car data. It will only check what cars you have and then give you the respective models. As long as the rims and wings from GT5 are in GT6, there won't be any problems with this.

The car models have nothing to do with it. It's simply something like this:

Is X in GT5 garage? If yes, put one in the GT6 garage.

New people to the series might feel robbed.
They might feel robbed without as they'll have to grind forever to get cars. At least if some people transfer over it will be easier for them get assistance from other players. The new players benefit from transfers too. And while PD is at it, scrap the ridiculous locked save thing so people can share saves as in GT5P.

Better to let everyone start on a level playing field
The field is always level.

the pros will just complete quicker.
This will happen regardless.

Just let people enjoy the game. Free cars if you want them, 10,000 or whatever cr if you don't.

Was this ever possible before? I wouldn't mind having this as an option though even though I previously always enjoyed starting a new GT game from scratch, this time however I might import all my GT5 cars if possible (I imagine they'll all be returned to how you bought them) as I'd like to focus on the new content as soon as possible and carry on where I left off in GT5 regarding collecting cars which took me quite some time and effort to gather.

Last edited:
if i can choose which car i want then sure. if i have to transfer all at once than no.

A case were i would transfer a car over would be if i need to buy a 20 million credit car that i will only need for like 3 races and then sit in my garage because its not really my style of car.

In that case i would transfer, but i don't want to feel like im cheating by getting everything.

If the A-Spec is interesting and enjoyable, unlike GT5, then I honestly don't care. Collecting the same prize cars that I have in the last three games isn't exactly my idea of rewarding players for completing events though.

Last edited:
Only for special cars, for example chromeline, Edge Camaro, Academy cars, etc.
hmmm not bad. Except those are the cars that those who didn't get them should be chasing.

if i can choose which car i want then sure. if i have to transfer all at once than no.

Ha! That's what I said! Have a limit in place like 10 or 14 cars.
Not really, the won't transfer the whole car data. It will only check what cars you have and then give you the respective models. As long as the rims and wings from GT5 are in GT6, there won't be any problems with this.
Yep. Exactly, a limit of cars, that you can choose to import. Whether this can be at a time or not, idk

I don't care if garage transfer is in GT6. Even if it is there, I won't use it... and I wouldn't be upset if other people did use it.

I voted No. Having all of my old cars from GT5 in GT6 would just end up making the new game boring because I wouldn't have to spend my time earning them again.

Kind of defeats some of the purpose of the game, IMO.

I say/voted H E double hockey sticks NO! For 15 years its been a tradition, start off with licence tests, 20,000 credits buy a car, and work your way up, I would'nt want to break that now, on the brink off gt6. Why take the easy way out, kids are lazy these days lol.

I'd be fine if you could select say 10 cars and be granted like 100,000 or 1 million credits for being loyal. I dare say it wouldn't happen or you wouldn't be able to have the DLC cars from GT5

Not important at all. GT has never had this feature and I like that because it allows you to have that precious moment of building a career from start and beating the Clubman Cup with a cheap car so you can upgrade it with a Sports Muffler. It also means that delicious grinding, the pleasure of receiving a prize car that will help you tons, etc. It would be plain boring if I had everything from the beggining.

My only concern is if GT5s DLC cars will become standard content in GT6, because if they do I damn well hope they don't plan on charging me again for the same DLC.

After being burned by the grinding in GT5, I wouldn't mind having it as an option.

I would have to say no. Part of the fun is building up your garage and earning the money to do so. In GT5 I have over 1100 cars in my garage so that would take a lot away from the game for me.

I say put it in as an option for all the lazy people who want to do it.
And then those people would be on here complaining about how easy it was to win the races with their X1 they started with.

I say do not carry over any cars at all. Maybe give an option to have like an extra 100k credits imported from GT5 to start as an option and make the driving tests required to run most events like they were in GT4.

If you start a game like this with even 10 decent cars it looses a lot and if you had 100 or more then it could be very boring.

I'd like some recognition of the 200+ hours I put into GT5 yet the fun is working your way up by racing Civics and MX5s. Maybe if it unlocked certain cars like the P40 at a certain level so we wouldn't have to buy them again. Or maybe we start off at level 40 and play in super hard mode?

Is it so fun collecting the exact same cars you did three years ago though, all 1000 of them again? Transferring could and should be an option.

Without the stupid used car dealership it should be fun to collect them now, instead of a head ache lol

I voted yes, but I really doubt that it will happen. I really hate the “game” and I have zero desire to ever race those stupid AI drivers ever again.

On the upside though, I have learned (through racing online in GT5) that I prefer the slower cheaper cars, but running with racing soft tires isn’t cheap.

I know I will need credits – tonight I made about 180,000 of them racing online. I really hope to be able to finance my online playing with credits earned from online racing. That will be the real challenge.

Back