Garage data transfer GT5 to 6

• Thread starter Jarnac
  • 303 comments

Do you want to transfer your GT5 garage to GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 179 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 213 48.1%
  • whatever

Votes: 51 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I somewhat agree with exorcet.It seems like he wants the game to basically be arcade mode with all cars lol.That would remove alot of the fun for me.But I think we should be able to import them to arcade mode just like gtpsp to gt5.You would then have the game you want exorcet, you wouldnt even have to touch GT Mode.

This is a stupid idea as you want to start again with each new Gran Turismo and some cars might have been removed in GT6 that were in GT5 which will mean that it will have to swap cars depending on what you have to something similar and will take up lots of memory in the game that could be out to use on graphics and physics.

I'm just asking for the basic simulator formula. I have no idea how wanting all the content equates to not wanting to play the game. It's the opposite in fact, unlocks get in the way of playing. I actually want to play, so it would be nice if the roadblocks placed in the game did not exist.

This.

Except Exorcet is largely talking about being able to do so for the purposes of online play, and you responded by asking if he liked RPGs. So yeah, you kinda did.
In RPGs you don't collect stuff? Collecting cars in GT isn't collecting stuff?
Unlocking everything or a big part by importing all cars from GT5 doesn't minimize this?
He doesn't like to collect cars, so would he like to collect stuff in RPGs where this is a quite important element?

I was talking about similarities. Not about that GT should be designed like a RPG. So yeah, I kinda didn't.

For the purpose of online play in case one doesn't want to play a-spec? I saw that, and? Others do play a-spec, and then?

Arguing in this thread is more pointless than having a frying pan over the food instead of under the food.

Let the individual player decide, done.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, it's fine. End!

This is a stupid idea as you want to start again with each new Gran Turismo

You might, others might not. It's not law.

and some cars might have been removed in GT6 that were in GT5 which will mean that it will have to swap cars depending on what you have to something similar

Except it's been stated all GT5 cars will carry over to GT6.

and will take up lots of memory in the game that could be out to use on graphics and physics.

I'm.....not even sure how to respond to this.

I like that feeling of exploration and discovery when you get a new game and starting from scratch. Having my GT5 garage tranfered over to my GT6 garage will make it a bit boring. IMO

I like that feeling of exploration and discovery when you get a new game and starting from scratch. Having my GT5 garage tranfered over to my GT6 garage will make it a bit boring. IMO

If it was something new to explore I would agree with you but in the case of the 1000 cars in GT5 that will also feature in GT6 i'm not going to get any new excitement getting a car that I could already drive if I just put GT5 in my console.

I really am only wondering if the exclusive cars, such as the Chrome Line, Stealth Cars, or "Edge Special" Camaro will transfer over.

I really valued my Chrome Lines cars and Stealth GT500 (until sony gave them away for free...), and I would really appreciate the ability to keep those.

At the least, I hope we can transfer our Racing Suits, Paints, and Created Courses over. :cool:

I really am only wondering if the exclusive cars, such as the Chrome Line, Stealth Cars, or "Edge Special" Camaro will transfer over.

I really valued my Chrome Lines cars and Stealth GT500 (until sony gave them away for free...), and I would really appreciate the ability to keep those.

At the least, I hope we can transfer our Racing Suits, Paints, and Created Courses over. :cool:

Agreed about the courses. Actually, why didn't anybody think of that
As for Stealths, Chromelines, and Edge Camaro, I actually hope the Edge Camaro will be in the game already as a prize car or hidden car. Same for Chromelines (unless PD does them all over again). I would love for the Stealths to appear already in the game, or first run DLC, or "updated" new lineup, which means sharing codes, hacking etc. Actually scratch that last one.

In RPGs you don't collect stuff? Collecting cars in GT isn't collecting stuff?
Unlocking everything or a big part by importing all cars from GT5 doesn't minimize this?
He doesn't like to collect cars, so would he like to collect stuff in RPGs where this is a quite important element?

I was talking about similarities. Not about that GT should be designed like a RPG. So yeah, I kinda didn't.

For the purpose of online play in case one doesn't want to play a-spec? I saw that, and? Others do play a-spec, and then?

Arguing in this thread is more pointless than having a frying pan over the food instead of under the food.

Let the individual player decide, done.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, it's fine. End!
Yeah, my bad. I reread it again and got what you meant after responding. Sorry.

Did it in GT4 with GT3; why not it GT6? I'm going it expect it I be there.
GT4 did not allow you to transfer your garage. It did allow you to transfer the first 2 driving license and up to 100k credits but not your garage. Even that took a little away from the game.

I need all my cars!

For those of you that don't want this, just don't load up your garage save. Why even vote no and bother the people that do wan't it. We don't want to tyake anything away from you and give you the choice, yet you would gladly take away my cars?

Not acceptable, automatic dislike to all you no voters.

Jarnac
How important will being able to transfer the hard earned and lovingly tweaked and personalised carriages from your GT5 garage to GT6 be for you?

Greed and laziness are strong motivators here, but so is a clean slate..

I had over a thousand cars. I had not only one of each of the most expensive cars, but even had multiples in some cases, like having two or three of the F2007 and F10 with different shades of red and/or different T-cam colors. I had one of each color of Formula GT. I would rather start from nothing in GT6 so that I have more to work towards rather than going in with a billion dollars worth of cars.

I need all my cars!

For those of you that don't want this, just don't load up your garage save. Why even vote no and bother the people that do wan't it. We don't want to tyake anything away from you and give you the choice, yet you would gladly take away my cars?

You can keep all of your cars. Just put the GT5 disc into your PS3 to access them.

I need all my cars!

Yea but then what happens to online, seasonals, other events where half do and half dont. Its just an easy way to cheat the game. Its an easy option for a long game, thats how the game is designed, if you want it easy, buy an easier game.
For arcade mode maybe, but not the main game. How many games have transferable data??? Where you have the ability to start half way through. I have over 1500 cars like most in many shades.
You have GT5 and resale is very low so your gonna keep all your cars anyway.

Yea but then what happens to online, seasonals, other events where half do and half dont. Its just an easy way to cheat the game. Its an easy option for a long game, thats how the game is designed, if you want it easy, buy an easier game.
For arcade mode maybe, but not the main game. How many games have transferable data??? Where you have the ability to start half way through. I have over 1500 cars like most in many shades.
You have GT5 and resale is very low so your gonna keep all your cars anyway.

I don't see how having all of the cars is cheating anything. It's not like it requires even a medium amount of skill to acquire them, just time and/or luck.

Personally, i don't think this feature is needed. It would make GT6 too easy for me to play, especially since I had at least 1400 cars on my GT5 gamesave. One of my favorite things of playing a new GT game is working my way through the events to unlock the cars I want; a garage transfer would take that away.

Even if they include that option I am not going to use it. All the fun is in struggling from the beginning trying to get that car and then the next one etc.

Yea but then what happens to online, seasonals, other events where half do and half dont.
Come on, you can't seriously use online as a reason to be against transfer. How could you possibly gain an advantage there? Seasonals don't matter. They are either regulated like online or they are the player's own business.

Its just an easy way to cheat the game.
Not even close. Cheating is a horribly abused word.

thats how the game is designed, if you want it easy, buy an easier game.
The game doesn't need to be played that way, and this has not a thing to do with difficulty.

How many games have transferable data???
Tons, including past GT games. Not that it matters though.

Where you have the ability to start half way through. I have over 1500 cars like most in many shades.
Halfway through what?

I need all my cars!

Please re-read the poll question. It's asking do you want to transfer your garage, not do you want the feature included.

Back