Garage data transfer GT5 to 6

• Thread starter Jarnac
  • 303 comments

Do you want to transfer your GT5 garage to GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 179 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 213 48.1%
  • whatever

Votes: 51 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the end it will be the way it is and we will buy it and enjoy it however they decide to handle it. 99.9% chance it will be like those that came before and you will start with a few credits and maybe a small bonus for playing GT5.
Then I guess they should just add importing. If people are going to just buy it anyway, it doesn't matter the some people don't care for it.

all games have rules
And all the rules are optional. Notice how GT5 has no online championships or co PP/HP restrictions, but players enforce them anyway?

If the player wants to play it differently as in getting all the rewards for free then that is the players problem not a problem with the game.
There is certainly a problem with the game if it tries to force people to play in a boring manner.

If the player wants to play it differently as in getting all the rewards for free then that is the players decision.

Fixed that for you, because I don't believe in the "only one way to play" argument. Games when it comes down to it no matter how "Sim" or "Arcade" are supposed to fun. They aren't supposed to be a chore, they are supposed to be the fun time you have after doing chores.

Games are supposed to be fun and they are supposed to have a challenge and a goal and that goal is not to "give me everything without requiring me to do anything"

Lets not forget that a large number of the cars in a large number of garages where not obtained in a legitimate manner in the first place.

At any rate there is not much point in taking this any farther the decision is up to PD and I am confident that they will make the right one.

to me importing your gt5 garage is a great idea. I only play the game online these days anyway and the gt mode has no where as much enjoyment as playing a real opponent. also with work and family It would take a long time to get back what I have now and could not enjoy the online with the variety of cars I have now

Already over 1200 cars with the obvious duplicates I cant imagine starting a new game like that where's the fun in that?:boggled:

Games are supposed to be fun and they are supposed to have a challenge and a goal and that goal is not to "give me everything without requiring me to do anything"

Lets not forget that a large number of the cars in a large number of garages where not obtained in a legitimate manner in the first place.

At any rate there is not much point in taking this any farther the decision is up to PD and I am confident that they will make the right one.

Games are for doing whatever you want in, so you can't use this argument for anything. And if GT6 was not challenging just because you had all the cars, it would never be challenging. That's all there is too it. Bringing up challenges is just a distraction, because it's been explained probably a dozen times how this entire topic has not a thing to do with challenge.

Your second point does matter either. People duped? So what? It's exactly like grinding races only faster. It's also completely legitimate by the way. Just not as the devs intended.

There is plenty of point in discussing. We've already got PD to add race saves, were probably a large driving force in the revamped physics for GT6, and we might convince them to abandoned outdated and subpar one-way-to-play type of games. I don't know if PD will make the right decision, but I'll help them decide as much or as little as I can.

I was thinking we could save alot of trouble by just having every car, every track, every upgrade, every license, every trophy, every challenge, everything that you have to do, already done for you when you buy the game.

As soon as you swipe your credit card, the platinum trophy pops. You don't even have to put the disc in your PS3.

/sarcasm

As you might have guessed I don't want anything transferred over. And if there IS anything that transfers automatically I'll delete my GT5 save before I install GT6.

To all of those that oppose the option of transferring the garage...

- Is it better having to wait for ages to be able to beat the Monaco Historic event in b-spec, because the one car you have to have in order to win (the 2J) is not turning up in the next couple of hundred game-days, even though you have the 12 million credits you need to buy it?

- Is it better not being able to run proper racing series online with more than a third of the cars in the game, because you need to play the game for about half a year every day for a couple of hours to get your hands on the cars you need for it?

Nobody is proposing to receive trophies or get any prizes in GT Life automatically just because you could transfer your garage. Actually, if some of you are so outraged that someone could be handed prizes they don't deserve, it would be better, if they put proper restrictions (PPs,tyres) on each racing event in GT Life, and not let someone put Racing Softs on a car where the complete AI is on Comfort tyres.

I really enjoy playing through all the events in GT Life, but I enjoy it most, when the races are competitive, because the restrictions force me to have a similar car, and I certainly didn't enjoy it in the past, when I find out I need one particular car, but, tough luck, the game says you can't have that car right now. Why do you think they started with the OCD? Because people got stuck in the game waiting for a truck, a DTM car, or the FGT. That's why one of those types of cars is now permanently available.

Let me see:
- Is it better having to wait for ages to be able to beat the Monaco Historic event in b-spec, because the one car you have to have in order to win (the 2J) is not turning up in the next couple of hundred game-days, even though you have the 12 million credits you need to buy it?
I did it with another car, not a big deal.
- Is it better not being able to run proper racing series online with more than a third of the cars in the game, because you need to play the game for about half a year every day for a couple of hours to get your hands on the cars you need for it?
Yes
Nobody is proposing to receive trophies or get any prizes in GT Life automatically just because you could transfer your garage. Actually, if some of you are so outraged that someone could be handed prizes they don't deserve, it would be better, if they put proper restrictions (PPs,tyres) on each racing event in GT Life, and not let someone put Racing Softs on a car where the complete AI is on Comfort tyres.
Yes, but that hasn't really much to do with garage transfer. It only needs less time then.
I really enjoy playing through all the events in GT Life, but I enjoy it most, when the races are competitive, because the restrictions force me to have a similar car, and I certainly didn't enjoy it in the past, when I find out I need one particular car, but, tough luck, the game says you can't have that car right now. Why do you think they started with the OCD? Because people got stuck in the game waiting for a truck, a DTM car, or the FGT. That's why one of those types of cars is now permanently available.
Still don't want to transfer my garage.

The Toyota 7 can win the race easy enough and it is a prize car that is not hard to get which is what I used. No problem at all.

1/2 a year? in 4 months I had every car and every color of the rare ones. As for online the solution is simple, They just need to allow us to drive stock versions of the cars we do not own much like Forza does.

It will take a long time to be able to own all the cars in any racing game that has a lot of cars in it and GT5 had double the amount of the closest competitor.

Yes there was a problem getting the used cars required for some events and they addressed that as I am sure they will in GT6 no need to give us all the cars we owned in GT5

1/2 a year? in 4 months I had every car and every color of the rare ones. As for online the solution is simple, They just need to allow us to drive stock versions of the cars we do not own much like Forza does.
That is not a solution. The solution is making every car available for free to be tuned, painted, etc.

It will take a long time to be able to own all the cars in any racing game that has a lot of cars in it and GT5 had double the amount of the closest competitor.
It takes zero time to get cars in games without unlocks.

Yes there was a problem getting the used cars required for some events and they addressed that as I am sure they will in GT6 no need to give us all the cars we owned in GT5
There is a need. Buying them all again is a waste of time.

Games are for doing whatever you want in, so you can't use this argument for anything. And if GT6 was not challenging just because you had all the cars, it would never be challenging. That's all there is too it. Bringing up challenges is just a distraction, because it's been explained probably a dozen times how this entire topic has not a thing to do with challenge.

Your second point does matter either. People duped? So what? It's exactly like grinding races only faster. It's also completely legitimate by the way. Just not as the devs intended.

There is plenty of point in discussing. We've already got PD to add race saves, were probably a large driving force in the revamped physics for GT6, and we might convince them to abandoned outdated and subpar one-way-to-play type of games. I don't know if PD will make the right decision, but I'll help them decide as much or as little as I can.

Thank you for your efforts to explain this matter throughout this thread, I gave up after reading some ridiculous opinions about what is best for everyone and how it should be for everyone.

The whining kids who want data transfers clearly didn't play the rest of the series.

If they did, they wouldn't care about starting fresh after having to do it 4 or 5 times.

The whining kids who want data transfers clearly didn't play the rest of the series.

If they did, they wouldn't care about starting fresh after having to do it 4 or 5 times.

I'm not a whining kid who didn't play previous GT's (played all of them), in fact, it's because I did it over and over again already so many times that I'd use it when it becomes available this time, even when it's just for putting aside the cars I already bought in GT5 for later use if I decide to 'start from scratch' (that's also a possibility with some self restraint).

Don't assume what others care for or not, nor what the cause of it might be necessarily or what age has to do with it.
Something that was refreshing and enjoyable for years can eventually just become a predictable and tedious process/pattern for some you know?

One reason it hasn't been done before might also have to do with it simply not being technically possible to transfer game data in previous games, and maybe if it were, it would now just be regarded as another option very useful for 'GT-veterans' particularly as as continuous career instead of being a pretend upstart every time.

There's a reason why only very few games offer everything unlock. Psychologically, it can ruin the balance of the game. People who like earning their way may feel unmotivated, uneasy, bothered or whatever, when in the back of their mind, they could just unlock everything. When it becomes a trend, one of the focal reason that games are known for (progressing, unlocking) would become pointless and developers would feel like they're wasting time creating the game's progressive structure and layout. I'm not saying that they would definitely feel that nor the players, but it should have some kind of effect.

It's the same way with wanting standards, rewind, livery, etc. The easiest argument is the one that involves "everyone wins." The reality is that the world doesn't always run that way. There has to be control, and if the developers feel like it won't ruin the game's balance or merits, then they would simply allow it. If not, then there's a reason behind it. You either speculate it or just accept it.

There's a reason why only very few games offer everything unlock. Psychologically, it can ruin the balance of the game. People who like earning their way may feel unmotivated, uneasy, bothered or whatever, when in the back of their mind, they could just unlock everything.
If unlocking is so much fun, this won't be an issue. Either you want to do it or you don't. And if people want more motivation for doing it, they can have their stats plastered all over their name. It works for trophies, which are completely pointless, so I don't see why it can't work within the game. Have a name title. "Player 1 - F1 champion", get it by beating the F1 race, etc.

There's just no reason not to have the option to play the game as you want. You get to choose what's best for you.

When it becomes a trend, one of the focal reason that games are known for (progressing, unlocking)
There is nothing focal about unlocking. In fact, it's not even needed.

developers would feel like they're wasting time creating the game's progressive structure and layout.
Why? People could still go through progression just as easily.

It's the same way with wanting standards, rewind, livery, etc. The easiest argument is the one that involves "everyone wins." The reality is that the world doesn't always run that way.
It only won't work if the two options are mutually exclusive. They aren't here.

There has to be control
Control of what?

and if the developers feel like it won't ruin the game's balance or merits, then they would simply allow it. If not, then there's a reason behind it. You either speculate it or just accept it.

Reasons don't need to be good, or make sense. See this thread.

Thank you for your efforts to explain this matter throughout this thread, I gave up after reading some ridiculous opinions about what is best for everyone and how it should be for everyone.

Let's all hope eventually it sinks in on PD.

It doesn't really matter if people transfer their garage from GT5 or not.
It's not cheating either, because they already had to do something for it. They didn't just get those cars for doing nothing.

Except maybe certain GT6 prize cars, which are supposed to be difficult to get in GT6.

I personally won't do it, because I like to start new in a new game. For me it's part of the game, but I don't really care if others import them.

I thing is not good idea to transfer the garage from gt5 to gt6...
Because the the best thing in the GT is the beginning of the game!
I enjoy every tuning part in the car in the beginning because you Dont have the money!
Sorry for my bad English...

I think Exorcet is just a lazy Forza fan that wants everything at his feet.

So everyone who doesn't want the unneccesary system in GT5 is automatically some "Lazy Forza fan"? That's quite the accusation to make, over something as trivial as how someone else chooses to play a game.

Exorcet
If unlocking is so much fun, this won't be an issue. Either you want to do it or you don't. And if people want more motivation for doing it, they can have their stats plastered all over their name. It works for trophies, which are completely pointless, so I don't see why it can't work within the game. Have a name title. "Player 1 - F1 champion", get it by beating the F1 race, etc.

There's just no reason not to have the option to play the game as you want. You get to choose what's best for you.
I do agree. It comes down to personal preference.

Me, I honestly do not want to use this feature if it was implemented in the game. That's just me though. If others want to do it, fine that's their decision. It will not affect me at all.

Honestly it isn't any different to the GT5 trading threads. People come on here all of the time fresh out of the gate asking for cars. So it is no different. I have played GT5 career mode legitimately so many times over and over with the trading threads being here, so what's the difference? No different

How many cars do people use with any kind of regularity anyway? There are the favourites, and the most effective, but how many is that really? The rest are generally merely for the collection, and that collection will still be there where it rightfully belongs, in the previous game.

I think Exorcet is just a lazy Forza fan that wants everything at his feet.

Lazy enough to co-run a small GT5 spec race series, and participate in online endurances with foul weather and full damage. If only I was up to the challenge of doing the same AI races over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and... to make a money counter go up.

How many cars do people use with any kind of regularity anyway? There are the favourites, and the most effective, but how many is that really? The rest are generally merely for the collection, and that collection will still be there where it rightfully belongs, in the previous game.

Everything. I own the cars in my garage because I want to drive them. My GT5 garage is about 1200 cars. Maybe around 800 uniques.

It would be a lot easier to make use out of all the cars if you didn't need to bother with buying them. What is really unfortunate is that rare and underused cars can be to set up race events for. If everyone had everything, it would be easy to set up races of any kind since you would know that every player would be able to find a suitable car.

The developer is the party with the rights here. They have the right to choose how to present their work, and we choose whether or not we buy it, or play it. Simple.

Progressing through the game should be compelling. If it's not, they would not have done their work effectively. Feeling the need to short circuit the game's progression is in my mind either a blight on the quality of the experience provided, or a blight on the temperament of the user. Or both.

The developer is the party with the rights here.
Sure they have the right to sell what they want. Everyone else has the right to tell them how they could it better.

Progressing through the game should be compelling. If it's not, they would not have done their work effectively.
What they do does not matter. The option to skip would make GT a better game. It's not a matter of doing it right. It's a matter of realizing the progression for all isn't the right answer in the first place.

The developer is the party with the rights here. They have the right to choose how to present their work, and we choose whether or not we buy it, or play it. Simple..

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet. The purpose of this thread is to put forward our personal preferences. Saying that PD has final control of the game is about the most redundant and useless statement you could make here.

Progressing through the game should be compelling. If it's not, they would not have done their work effectively. Feeling the need to short circuit the game's progression is in my mind either a blight on the quality of the experience provided, or a blight on the temperament of the user. Or both.

I agree, progressing through the game should be compelling. It should leave you on the edge of your seat, screaming for joy when you win a hard fought race. Qualifying should mean something, passes should be well planned and well crafted, risk should be followed by success and reward. You should look forward to getting home and racing every day if possible.

And that's exactly what I want to do...ONLINE. I along with many, many others, have zero interest in racing the AI, and License Tests, and Challenges and A/B/C-Z Spec. To me it's like trying to interest people in silent movies in 1928, or trying to get kids to learn the slide rule in 1976, or trying to convince people that phone booths were a more convenient option than cell phones in 1992. Pandora's Box is open and it cannot be closed.

That's not to say that you can't enjoy that part of the game, I don't want to take it away from you if that's what you want to do, go for it. But it'll be 2014 when the game is in full swing, not 1999. The world is moving online and in my opinion, shared by many others, PD should be looking at a fundamental shift in how the game is played, offering up options to satisfy at least the two primary preferences for game play, online and offline.

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet. The purpose of this thread is to put forward our personal preferences. Saying that PD has final control of the game is about the most redundant and useless statement you could make here.

Ah, that is a very condescending approach to take while flagrantly missing the point. While effectively, within the context of your misunderstanding, you became guilty of the very thing you attributed to me.... pointing out the bleeding obvious.

It is my opinion that "personal preferences" far too often have a resounding sense of moral right here, and it grates me no end. In my post: PD's rights was the fluffy bunny, and the "morally righteous", the needle in the arm. You were looking at the wrong thing.

That said, I have read several of your posts here and there, and regard your words as generally very valid.

I have no interest in defending PD, only in defending principles.

I agree, progressing through the game should be compelling. It should leave you on the edge of your seat, screaming for joy when you win a hard fought race. Qualifying should mean something, passes should be well planned and well crafted, risk should be followed by success and reward. You should look forward to getting home and racing every day if possible.

And that's exactly what I want to do...ONLINE. I along with many, many others, have zero interest in racing the AI, and License Tests, and Challenges and A/B/C-Z Spec. To me it's like trying to interest people in silent movies in 1928, or trying to get kids to learn the slide rule in 1976, or trying to convince people that phone booths were a more convenient option than cell phones in 1992. Pandora's Box is open and it cannot be closed.

That's not to say that you can't enjoy that part of the game, I don't want to take it away from you if that's what you want to do, go for it. But it'll be 2014 when the game is in full swing, not 1999. The world is moving online and in my opinion, shared by many others, PD should be looking at a fundamental shift in how the game is played, offering up options to satisfy at least the two primary preferences for game play, online and offline.

See... very valid.

Ah, that is a very condescending approach to take while flagrantly missing the point. While effectively, within the context of your misunderstanding, you became guilty of the very thing you attributed to me.... pointing out the bleeding obvious.

It is my opinion that "personal preferences" far too often have a resounding sense of moral right here, and it grates me no end. In my post: PD's rights was the fluffy bunny, and the "morally righteous", the needle in the arm. You were looking at the wrong thing.

That said, I have read several of your posts here and there, and regard your words as generally very valid.

I have no interest in defending PD, only in defending principles.

Pointing out the bleeding obvious by using the bleeding obvious is a bleeding obvious way to make a point is it not? :)

Back