Garage data transfer GT5 to 6

• Thread starter Jarnac
  • 303 comments

Do you want to transfer your GT5 garage to GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 179 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 213 48.1%
  • whatever

Votes: 51 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's starting to sound like some people here are wanting more of a "Sandbox" mode than just simply a "garage import". A mode where you have complete and unlimited access to all cars, parts and tracks available within the game without the need to complete tasks or progress through any kind of structured gameplay to earn / unlock things?

If that's the case then all GT6 needs is a simple set of choices, perhaps something like this:

Import GT5 save data - YES
Sandbox mode: copy garage, unlock all content, infinite credits.
Progression mode: copy some / all garage and progression to equivalent GT6.
I played GT5!: copy unique cars only (preorder / stealth, Edge Promo, etc).

Import GT5 save data - NO (to quote Willy Wonka, "You get NOTHING!")

Some people enjoy the progression and discovery side of GT games just as much as the racing online side, sure it may be basically the same style of progression and discovery as previous versions but unless they make a significant departure from "the norm" (like say adding a proper career mode) what what game series really have all that different progression from one game to another?

RPGs tend to be the same for the most part, kill monsters for experience / levels and get better loot, better loot / higher levels = killing different monsters. Next game in the series is basically the same again but they disguise it with a different story and / or characters, maybe a new landscape or area but the basic format remains the same (level up, get better loot).

FPS games, follow the story missions to the end. If multiplayer like the Battlefield franchise then you play online and progress via points / kills, this unlocks new weapons and gadgets depending on what you use. Battlefield 2, 2142, 3 and Bad Company 2 (the ones I've played) all had almost identical progression models, score points / kills to unlock weapons.

Grand Theft Auto, now here's a series that did make a change in their progression format. The later games most people know are essentially story driven missions, the more you do the missions the more stuff unlocks, the format itself hasn't really changed since GTA3 which was the first 3D game in the series. Prior to that you had the original GTA and GTA2 that were much more arcade style top down shooter games, if I remember right GTA2 had some sort of mission system with 3 different gangs but basically you just ran around causing carnage and scoring points.

And the GT series follows it's own similar pattern for the most part, start out with enough money to buy a cheap / low power car then progress through whatever the race structure is, earning money and winning prize cars. Only recently have we had the added benefit of online play to add a different dimension to the game.

I'd love to see some kind of proper career mode progression added to GT6 but even then we'd be having the same discussion when GT7 comes out wouldn't we, "I'm at the top of my career in GT6, why should I have to start back at the bottom of the progression ladder in GT7?!".

Hopefully PD can add "something" that gives us some degree of choice regarding GT5 importing that makes us all relatively content :).

I want GT to provide a simulation mode, not replace A-Spec with one. And this could turn thousands of people to the series because it would make serious racing and competition much more accessible.

It makes everyone happy because it provides an option to satisfy everyone. What about those people? They can't import of course. They could make use of a free mode or just receive cars from people who did import.

Exactly, more options makes everyone happy, unfortunately not everyone understands that.

I miss the GT4 Arcade mode ,I also like Forza3/4 Free run mode. As long as I have acess to every car in a nice UI ala GT4 I dont care about Garage Import ,but if I have to chase every single standard again from scratch...then that gives me a headache. I feel like a pokemon hunter :P

It's starting to sound like some people here are wanting more of a "Sandbox" mode than just simply a "garage import". A mode where you have complete and unlimited access to all cars, parts and tracks available within the game without the need to complete tasks or progress through any kind of structured gameplay to earn / unlock things?

Some people enjoy the progression and discovery side of GT games just as much as the racing online side, sure it may be basically the same style of progression and discovery as previous versions but unless they make a significant departure from "the norm" (like say adding a proper career mode) what what game series really have all that different progression from one game to another?

It has less to do with sandboxes and more to do with acknowledging the skill and experience of veteran players and not forcing them to go through a bunch of pointless races to get to the only part of the game they are interested in. By all means, have a huge career mode, lots of A-Spec races etc., make it as immersive as possible and many, many GT5'ers will take full advantage of it and may use it exclusively. Just make it optional, and leave some kind of fast track in the game for more experienced drivers who aren't interested in offline play to a great degree.

In 2013 you have to acknowledge online gameplay and have a real separation between the online and offline aspects of the game.

In Forza 4 they gave us a few cars if we had Forza 3, a few more if we had attained a decent level in Forza 3 and a few more if we were VIP in total there may have been around a dozen for VIPs who had attained max level.

It really was not a big deal to me in Forza but then I hate the offline mode in Forza with a passion, The AI is horrible and the races are boring and take to long to get from one race to another.

So In Forza I went straight to the online system and starting racing with my friends, mostly running around Nurburghring collecting credits and experience and leveling up manufacturers to get the 100% parts discount. Within just a few days I had the 50 gift cars from leveling up through the first 50 levels, several manufacturers with 100% discount, Lots of credits, several decent races and a lot of fun.

If Forza would have left the career mode to where you got the prize cars by running career mode races I would have went through career mode to get the cars but they changed it as of Forza 3 to give a car when you reach the next level and as a result made career mode something that had no incentive to it other than the achivement points added to your gamer tag.

I enjoyed Gt Mode in GT5, I love going through the races and getting the cars as prizes. Liked it even better in GT4 where you could reset the events and get the car again and again if you wanted. A big part of that though is needing the cars in the first place and/or needing credits to buy additional cars. If you already have all the cars then it really does take a lot away from the game.

Imagion playing a RPG where you start out with all the best armor, weapons and other equipment. How much fun is it really going to be when the battles are all easy and there is not really any need to collect coins or other treasure along the way.

Having all cars available in arcade mode is more important than transfering cars from GT5.
The 90's are over. GT6 should not require gamers to spend hundreds of hours in single player mode to get cars and tracks unlocked in multiplayer modes.

Imagion playing a RPG where you start out with all the best armor, weapons and other equipment. How much fun is it really going to be when the battles are all easy and there is not really any need to collect coins or other treasure along the way.

The RPG analogy isn't really relevant because if the best armor, weapans and equipment are available to you, they are also available to others, negating any advantage you might have. Collecting coins and treasure doesn't appeal to everyone. Back before online, that was the game, there was no other choice. I don't think we need to start with full garages, that's a bit much, but porting over a few cars, or giving the experienced drivers the ability to fast track would be a big bonus.

It has less to do with sandboxes and more to do with acknowledging the skill and experience of veteran players and not forcing them to go through a bunch of pointless races to get to the only part of the game they are interested in. By all means, have a huge career mode, lots of A-Spec races etc., make it as immersive as possible and many, many GT5'ers will take full advantage of it and may use it exclusively. Just make it optional, and leave some kind of fast track in the game for more experienced drivers who aren't interested in offline play to a great degree.

In 2013 you have to acknowledge online gameplay and have a real separation between the online and offline aspects of the game.

Right, but how do you about acknowledge the skill and experience of veteran players without forcing them to go through that bunch of pointless races to get to the only part of the game they are interested in?

Making an assumption here so please correct me if I am in error, the "pointless races" means A-Spec or some kind of offline progression system and the "part they're interested in" is essentially online racing?

If that's the case then that's basically a sandbox offline mode isn't it?

Meaning the reward for veteran players is to be able to do a full import from GT5, get all their cars and everything unlocked from the previous game then be ready to jump straight into online play without having to trawl through that pesky offline mode to earn cars / money or unlock tracks and such.

If the purpose of importing everything from GT5 is to essentially bypass offline progression, then simply having the option to set offline to a sandbox mode (i.e. full access to everything) on an individual basis when importing solves the whole issue.

So why would it change now? Starting from the beginning with a slow car and working your way to faster cars is what GT is all about, weather you like it or not.

It used to be perhaps, but since the gar gifting function was added and especially in the beginning without any gifting limit regarding the value of the car and the possibility to restore your gamesave, GT5 already didn't follow that same basic principle (and which is an aspect that hardly gets mentioned in this discussion yet offered all the objections people opposing data transfer seem to fear).
So it's already possible to start the game with a lot of cars with some strategic trading/gifting assuming the same basic system is kept, making most of the objections regarding a level playing field irrelevant.

I also don't propose a radical change like all cars being available for everyone right away, if you're new to GT, this method of acquiring cars by working your way up should be kept but I honestly haven't read a convincing argument yet (neither a convincing answer to my arguments) why those who've already earned a lot of cars in GT5 by using this same method can't have at least a selection of those cars available right away in what is basically a continuation of GT5 regarding a lot of content anyway.
Those who oppose it just repeat sentiments or personal preferences without seemingly wanting to acknowledge reasoning of why this wouldn't even affect them or that their idea of what GT is about shouldn't necessarily be set in stone (even though theirs could still be).

Thing is, we can't reasonably expect a quantum leap regarding quantity of new content, with what we already know by now, like for example between GT3 and GT4 and although I didn't mind working my way up again in GT5, having to do it again for a lot of the same cars in a relative short period is to me more artificially enforcing the idea itself (and artificially extending the amount of gameplay required) than it really being an intrinsic part of the whole GT-experience like it used to be (that is for those who played GT5 and Prologue).
It might be again for me once GT7 arrives on the PS4 but there are other things I look forward to in GT6 than adopting the default dogmatic mindset of being an upstart beginner once more.

Personally I really want GT6 to last until I can afford a PS4 and GT7 so I voted no for me but there has always been the option for a few extra credits so it will probably be the same this time.

Right, but how do you about acknowledge the skill and experience of veteran players without forcing them to go through that bunch of pointless races to get to the only part of the game they are interested in?

Making an assumption here so please correct me if I am in error, the "pointless races" means A-Spec or some kind of offline progression system and the "part they're interested in" is essentially online racing?

If that's the case then that's basically a sandbox offline mode isn't it?

Meaning the reward for veteran players is to be able to do a full import from GT5, get all their cars and everything unlocked from the previous game then be ready to jump straight into online play without having to trawl through that pesky offline mode to earn cars / money or unlock tracks and such.

If the purpose of importing everything from GT5 is to essentially bypass offline progression, then simply having the option to set offline to a sandbox mode (i.e. full access to everything) on an individual basis when importing solves the whole issue.

Well I don't know what the specific layout of GT6 would be so let me make an assumption for the sake of example.

Let's assume there are 5 licensing levels and that the you can use the licensing levels online to restrict Open Lobby access and that the highest level of license is fairly difficult and the lowest is dead simple. As a lobby host looking to race higher powered cars on street tires you might restrict your lobby entrants to "Pro" license for example. This is PD's solution to help controlling dirty driving online.

There are two ways then you can set up the licenses. One, you are forced to go through each set of license tests in order and pass them. Two, you can do any level of license tests and if you pass, you automatically pass all the lower levels. If you only care about offline and want a classic approach to the game, you choose option 1. If you are a more experienced player and don't want to slog through license tests, you choose option 2.

This gives everyone an option as to how to approach the game, while preserving the integrity of the licensing system as a sorting tool for Open Lobbies. Everyone wins.

Let's assume again, that GT6 includes a comprehensive, very immersive, career mode. A big leap I know, but it would appeal to a lot of players, even me, as an option. Don't force me to go through hours and hours and hours of mindless racing against terrible AI's just so I can acquire some money to get a decent enough garage to go online. Leave me the option of either doing the Career Mode to advance, or Seasonal Races that i can grind if I want, but accumulate money quickly to go online racing. Not $20,000,000 in an hour, but something similar to what we have now, where in the space of a few hours, I can grind out a garage full of decent cars and be able to race online competitively. I can always go back to career mode, if it's immersive and detailed enough to interest me, or stick with online racing, which is where I really want to be. This would also preserve the integrity and rarity of the $20,000,000 cars as it would still take a great deal of time to get enough money to buy them.

Neither one requires a full garage import, but both options will allow me to fast track to the online portion of the game if I choose, while leaving all the best of offline racing available to anyone who prefers that. Everyone wins!!!

Well I don't know what the specific layout of GT6 would be so let me make an assumption for the sake of example.

Let's assume there are 5 licensing levels and that the you can use the licensing levels online to restrict Open Lobby access and that the highest level of license is fairly difficult and the lowest is dead simple. As a lobby host looking to race higher powered cars on street tires you might restrict your lobby entrants to "Pro" license for example. This is PD's solution to help controlling dirty driving online.

There are two ways then you can set up the licenses. One, you are forced to go through each set of license tests in order and pass them. Two, you can do any level of license tests and if you pass, you automatically pass all the lower levels. If you only care about offline and want a classic approach to the game, you choose option 1. If you are a more experienced player and don't want to slog through license tests, you choose option 2.

This gives everyone an option as to how to approach the game, while preserving the integrity of the licensing system as a sorting tool for Open Lobbies. Everyone wins.

That's actually something I hadn't thought of, PD tying licenses in to online host controls like that, which could be quite awesome if done right! I was mostly working on the assumption of an A-spec offline mode not dissimilar to what we currently have where the only significant tie-in to Online is the cars you own and the odd track unlock, using the current style a basic import to "full access / sandbox" would work but obviously not in the example you're describing there.

And I'd like that sort of license usage too, even with option 2 if it simply gives you a "pass mark" for the previous licenses we could always go back and try for Gold for any associated prizes.

Regarding a career mode I'd see that as being fully separate from an A-Spec type mode even perhaps with a different garage and bank account so you really have to pick and choose what cars to buy / upgrade, with probably no or limited tie-ins to Online play. Perhaps via some sort of internal driver ranking system, not unlike iRacing or using the licenses like you describe above.

I really do hope PD puts something in for everyone that wants it though, I may not use it myself but it's much easier for me to click "no thanks" and bypass a feature that is there than for those that want to use a feature that isn't :).

That's actually something I hadn't thought of, PD tying licenses in to online host controls like that, which could be quite awesome if done right! I was mostly working on the assumption of an A-spec offline mode not dissimilar to what we currently have where the only significant tie-in to Online is the cars you own and the odd track unlock, using the current style a basic import to "full access / sandbox" would work but obviously not in the example you're describing there.

And I'd like that sort of license usage too, even with option 2 if it simply gives you a "pass mark" for the previous licenses we could always go back and try for Gold for any associated prizes.

Regarding a career mode I'd see that as being fully separate from an A-Spec type mode even perhaps with a different garage and bank account so you really have to pick and choose what cars to buy / upgrade, with probably no or limited tie-ins to Online play. Perhaps via some sort of internal driver ranking system, not unlike iRacing or using the licenses like you describe above.

I really do hope PD puts something in for everyone that wants it though, I may not use it myself but it's much easier for me to click "no thanks" and bypass a feature that is there than for those that want to use a feature that isn't :).

Yes, the key is options. The more options the better. It's time to acknowledge that all game players aren't the same and that many of us are experienced and don't need or want to go through a 0-1000m braking test in a car that goes 0-60 in 12 minutes.:crazy:

There is so much potential for a Career Mode it isn't funny...lol. It should really be a complete and separate aspect to the game all by itself, tied in with Seasonal Events, TT's etc. Sponsorships, team revenue, liveries, managers, mechanics, garages, tools, equipment, etc, could all be tied together with ongoing Seasonals and TT's to produce an endless Career Mode, while tying it to all other aspects of the game, without making it mandatory.

The RPG analogy isn't really relevant because if the best armor, weapans and equipment are available to you, they are also available to others, negating any advantage you might have.
I think it does apply. If these were available to everyone then everyone would miss out on a large part of the game which is working your way up earning coin and either finding or buying better equipment, If you already have the best the there is very little point in what amounts to a huge part of every good rpg I have ever saw. In fact the best ones are the ones were you just always seem to need just a little more coin to get what you really want and it pushes you to do more also the lack of good equipment causes a need for much more thought and strategy in your battles which also makes a game much more enjoyable.

Collecting coins and treasure doesn't appeal to everyone.
Then they should not play rpgs because that is a huge part of the game. In GT winning races, winning cars, buying cars, upgrading and tuning are all huge parts of the game and allowing the user to start with all the cars just defeats to much of the game design.

Maybe they should just add an easy button where when you click it it gives you all the cars, max credits and shows you game as 100% complete with gold on all A-Spec and License Tests. I guess that would make some people happy but then what would be the point of playing?

I think it does apply. If these were available to everyone then everyone would miss out on a large part of the game which is working your way up earning coin and either finding or buying better equipment, If you already have the best the there is very little point in what amounts to a huge part of every good rpg I have ever saw. In fact the best ones are the ones were you just always seem to need just a little more coin to get what you really want and it pushes you to do more also the lack of good equipment causes a need for much more thought and strategy in your battles which also makes a game much more enjoyable.

Then they should not play rpgs because that is a huge part of the game. In GT winning races, winning cars, buying cars, upgrading and tuning are all huge parts of the game and allowing the user to start with all the cars just defeats to much of the game design.

Maybe they should just add an easy button where when you click it it gives you all the cars, max credits and shows you game as 100% complete with gold on all A-Spec and License Tests. I guess that would make some people happy but then what would be the point of playing?

You would miss out on a large part of the game, I wouldn't. A -Spec, B-Spec was not an enjoyable part of GT5 for me, all I cared about was racing online. Slogging through endless races against terrible AI won't be missed by me and I'm sure many other drivers. If you enjoy it, then by all means enjoy it. I don't, and others don't. It would be like Vettel showing up to a celebrity kart race and they tell him he can't race because he didn't come up through the club ranks and run 4 strokes for a year or pass the qualifying test that Jay Leno ran through the previous night, even though Vettel is a former champion kart racer.

It's not a question of getting all the cars and all the golds etc. It's a matter of giving us the option of fast tracking through the game, skipping to the highest license test for example, and once passing it, giving us all the lower licenses automatically, perhaps without the accompanying prize cars. Making Seasonals available from Day 1 to accumulate money quickly to build your garage to go racing, as opposed to running a Toyota Vitz for 5 laps to make enough money to buy a set of tires.

Yes, the key is options. The more options the better. It's time to acknowledge that all game players aren't the same and that many of us are experienced and don't need or want to go through a 0-1000m braking test in a car that goes 0-60 in 12 minutes.:crazy:

Funny you make mention of the braking tests, the only GT5 license I don't have in Gold is the later one where you're in the Aston or Jag, I kept missing it by "that much" :ouch:

I think it depends on what type of RPG elements you're talking about.

It sounds like you're referring more to the single player or PvE style where progression is the core of the game. Upgrading yours and your groups equipment, earning money for supplies, gaining new skills and so forth. Without that progression there is really no point to the game so jumping straight in with the best of everything leaves you little to do besides slaying the final dragon, for example.

I think what Johnnypenso is referring to is more akin to the PvP or competitive / online side of RPGs that comes AFTER the single player / PvE content, if the PvP side is fun and what you want to do then why should you have to trek through all the other stuff over again just to get to the PvP content.

Of course I could be quite wrong, in which case feel free to ignore me :).

I think it depends on what type of RPG elements you're talking about.

It sounds like you're referring more to the single player or PvE style where progression is the core of the game. Upgrading yours and your groups equipment, earning money for supplies, gaining new skills and so forth. Without that progression there is really no point to the game so jumping straight in with the best of everything leaves you little to do besides slaying the final dragon, for example.

I think what Johnnypenso is referring to is more akin to the PvP or competitive / online side of RPGs that comes AFTER the single player / PvE content, if the PvP side is fun and what you want to do then why should you have to trek through all the other stuff over again just to get to the PvP content.

Of course I could be quite wrong, in which case feel free to ignore me :).

Quite right. Unless the offline mode of GT5 is revolutionized and redone from the ground up, and it's perfect at launch, I have zero interest in racing against the AI. It is excruciatingly dull for me and I'm sure many others. I don't want to stop anyone else from enjoying it, millions of people do judging from posts on GTP, but millions don't or won't as well. Once you've raced extensively with real people, and enjoyed it, going back to racing a computer just doesn't turn my crank anymore.

I only ever got into one FPS and it was COD4. 99.99% if the time I put into the game was online and you pretty much had the much coveted MP40 fairly quickly and you were on par with most people in the free-for-all portion of the game. Go a little further and you had most of the scopes and sniper rifles. If I had had to slog through the endless slaughter of mindless AI Nazi's just to get a smoke bomb or hold my breath I probably would have given up very early on.

In Forza 4 they gave us a few cars if we had Forza 3, a few more if we had attained a decent level in Forza 3 and a few more if we were VIP in total there may have been around a dozen for VIPs who had attained max level.
I have Forza 4, had 3. Was never able to put my old HDD in my new Xbox though so I started with nothing. As rewarding as being hit in the face with a hammer. All it did was extend my time in the career mode that I had no interest in playing. Career feels exactly like it does Gran Turismo, a time wasting detour that takes away from the game. In both games, I've sometimes just turned off the system after a short while because I could not do something I wanted to do. Progression is not a universal joy.

If Forza would have left the career mode to where you got the prize cars by running career mode races I would have went through career mode to get the cars but they changed it as of Forza 3 to give a car when you reach the next level and as a result made career mode something that had no incentive to it other than the achivement points added to your gamer tag.
I don't need incentives to enjoy a game. Getting your choice of free car every so often was a good idea (but not as good as starting with everything). I simply selected cars based on whatever would allow me to make the most money so I could get out of career ASAP. I also don't know or care how many achievement points I have because they're frankly worthless.

I enjoyed Gt Mode in GT5, I love going through the races and getting the cars as prizes. Liked it even better in GT4 where you could reset the events and get the car again and again if you wanted. A big part of that though is needing the cars in the first place and/or needing credits to buy additional cars. If you already have all the cars then it really does take a lot away from the game.
Having all the cars adds to the game because you can focus on enjoying it. I don't even see what you're referring to with needing cars or credits either. The only difficult GT I've ever played was GT1 because it was almost my first video game. By GT2 I already figured out that grinding beats the game, and my second or third car was a 1,000,000 cr Viper GTS-R Team Oreca that I used to destroy the AI. When I did GT3 for the first time, cars and credits were not difficult to come by. When I did GT3 for the second time because my memory card corrupted I didn't even need to buy cars. I golded licenses and received AI destroying cars.

I just don't understand where you're getting the idea that importing is going to change the difficulty. GT is so easy already, and on top of that it is completely trivial to make your garage not matter when it comes to winning a race. Online mode is proof of this.

Why would the battles be easy? You could:

A - not use the best stuff all the time
B - make the game more challenging, for example fighting an entire dungeon at once
C - go fight the end game enemies

How would it be easy and boring? It sounds like a plus to me. More options.

Lets say GT6 allows garage transfer but having GT5's flaws:

- 1000 car tickets. Individual retrieval, with animations.
- Can't use 95% of transferred cars because there's a level requirement.
- PSP cars. Lower quality than GT6's standards.
- Garage limit (amount of cars).

Car tickets really, really, really need to be removed in GT6.

I'd rather start from scratch in career mode but be able to use my previous cars in online races or at least have all cars available in stock form for arcade and online.

I don't support importing every car. But maybe one. Your favorite beginning car. And a 50,000cr bonus for having played GT5.

Funny you make mention of the braking tests, the only GT5 license I don't have in Gold is the later one where you're in the Aston or Jag, I kept missing it by "that much" :ouch:

The secret to that test is to increase brake balance in the front and suddenly you can beat it comfortably just with braking later.:sly:

It used to be perhaps, but since the gar gifting function was added and especially in the beginning without any gifting limit regarding the value of the car and the possibility to restore your gamesave, GT5 already didn't follow that same basic principle (and which is an aspect that hardly gets mentioned in this discussion yet offered all the objections people opposing data transfer seem to fear).
So it's already possible to start the game with a lot of cars with some strategic trading/gifting assuming the same basic system is kept, making most of the objections regarding a level playing field irrelevant.

I also don't propose a radical change like all cars being available for everyone right away, if you're new to GT, this method of acquiring cars by working your way up should be kept but I honestly haven't read a convincing argument yet (neither a convincing answer to my arguments) why those who've already earned a lot of cars in GT5 by using this same method can't have at least a selection of those cars available right away in what is basically a continuation of GT5 regarding a lot of content anyway.
Those who oppose it just repeat sentiments or personal preferences without seemingly wanting to acknowledge reasoning of why this wouldn't even affect them or that their idea of what GT is about shouldn't necessarily be set in stone (even though theirs could still be).

Thing is, we can't reasonably expect a quantum leap regarding quantity of new content, with what we already know by now, like for example between GT3 and GT4 and although I didn't mind working my way up again in GT5, having to do it again for a lot of the same cars in a relative short period is to me more artificially enforcing the idea itself (and artificially extending the amount of gameplay required) than it really being an intrinsic part of the whole GT-experience like it used to be (that is for those who played GT5 and Prologue).
It might be again for me once GT7 arrives on the PS4 but there are other things I look forward to in GT6 than adopting the default dogmatic mindset of being an upstart beginner once more.

The question asked was "Do you want to transfer your garage from GT5 to GT6. I voted no, because I don't want to. It doesn't mean I have any problem with what ever anyone else does with their game. I've played since GT1 the first day it came out and still played GT5 pretty much the same as I always have. I don't go online much at all and never gifted cars or any of that.

I don't see any good reason's why anyone could argue against what you want, it seems pretty reasonable. But this is PD we're talking about, who were pretty much dragged kicking and screaming into the not so modern days of driving games with features like damage (which I still don't care if it's there or not), skid marks, working reverse lights (odd for so called perfectionists). They also took a few steps backwards with GT5, introducing limits to how you play the game that were never there before and for reasons only known to them.

Lets just hope they add something to make the normal GT game a little more interesting, so it doesn't seem like you're playing the exact same game as GT5 again.

I would rather have a clean slate then just transfer my cars over to gt6. Its more fun to have a clean slate and race to win all over again

I want the stealth cars, etc. that I had in GT5 that I either paid for or received via special code.

Everything else I'll start over with.

I would like to have my stealth car and Gamestop Nascar as well but I would be happy if they just showed up in the dealership for purchase rather than in my garage right at the start.

I would like to have my stealth car and Gamestop Nascar as well but I would be happy if they just showed up in the dealership for purchase rather than in my garage right at the start.

That's actually something I'd wanted to see in GT5, a special "Promo" Dealership in the Premium section that would allow you to repurchase any of the Stealth / Promo / Chromeline type cars IF you had applied the unlock codes for them (and only showed the ones you'd have access to).

I ended up largely ignoring my Edge Camaro and others because I didn't want to do any permanent upgrades to them and couldn't ever get stock ones back, I think now there's a reset coupon that might remove those mods and set them back to stock but those are still limited.

Have my GT5 garage unlocked so it's available for GT6 arcade mode would be fine, but all my cars from the off in A-Spec.:crazy:

Back